o23

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No POV

Jiyoon stared back at Soomyun who looked disappointed. She turned to one of her colleagues. It wasn't a woman that Jiyoon recognized.

"I thought we had it perfect. What went wrong that he would send her back? She should have been everything he was looking for. Oh, how I hate that family."

The woman next to her nodded but didn't reply back. Jiyoon was shocked. Soomyun didn't know that she had recovered her memories, that meant she didn't know about the cure that was being smuggled into the country. That meant the plan was going according to plan. Jiyoon rubbed her wrist. She knew where they were taking her and what would happen.

"Well, I hope with the adjustments we make there will be no more issues like this. This country will be in the palm of my hands before long. Are the girls turning 21 prepped and ready?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Jiyoon." She startled and looked up at her. Soomyun narrowed her eyes. "Do you know why he sent you back? Didn't you please him as a wife should?"

This was dangerous. If she wasn't careful she'd giveaway that her memories had returned. "Yes. I did everything I was taught but he didn't want me." The statement still stung even if it was no longer true.

"Well, it's too late now. I am sorry my sweet Jiyoon. I had high hopes for you."

The car stopped and they all stepped out. There were a few people awaiting their arrival. A familiar man bowed to her. Jiyoon squinted her eyes, trying to place him.

"It's good to have you back. How was Japan?"

"Insightful."

"I hope you've brought the answer to our problem back with you."

"Indeed I have. Shall we test it on Jiyoon first?"

"It had crossed my mind but she's a failure. I'd rather start fresh. Your sister has been showing promise, would you be against using her?"

"Of course not." He bowed.

Jiyoon widened her eyes, remembering him. It was Daeyun. He looked scary, wearing all black. Soomyun patted his shoulder. "I'm going to let the Kim family know of the goods knews." She glanced at Jiyoon. "They've got a new addition to that little drug house of theirs. Oh," She waved Daehyun closer. "After you burn her wrist, burn her. I want the entire Kim family destroyed. Himchan thinks he can just waltz around and start his operation under my nose. He's got something to learn about a proper Institute."

"Yes ma'am." He bowed again walked off. Two guards pulled Jiyoon towards the Institute who had lost the strength to fight. She looked up at Daehyun with a hurt expression, completely in shock. Jinyoung was right, he couldn't be trusted.

Tears she didn't know she still had slipped out of her eyes. "Take her to the room, I'll be there shortly."

They bowed and hauled her off. Daehyun took in a shaky breath. He hoped Baro would be here in time.

 

Jiyoon was dragged in a room that had a hook screwed into the ground with a set of chains attatched it. She jolted back. They were about to burn her. Mark her as an unwanted woman. She jabbed her elbow into the guard on the right. Before she could get a hit in on the other one she was back handed.

Her eyesight went black long enough for them to tie her wrists down. "Bring the iron." Jiyoon came to and kicked at them. She knew the plan but she couldn't do it. She couldn't let them burn the only mark she had that she belonged to Jinyoung. Daehyun pinned down her legs and the other guard outstretched her arm.

"Please! Don't do this!" Jiyoon wailed in anguish. She pulled and tugged but it was no use. They had pinned her down and the red hot iron touched 'Jung'. The sound hit her before the pain did. Her screams that followed could be heard throughout the Institute.

They let her go all at once but pain was shooting throughout her body, preventing her from moving. She was no longer focusing on them. The agony was about to make her lose consciousness.

"Jiyoon."

"Jinyoung?" She weakly lifted her head. Daehyun's worried stare found her instead. She wanted Jinyoung.

"Remember the plan."

"To hell with the plan." She growled. "All of my memories are back, I don't care anymore."

"Do you want another woman to be in your position? This could end it."

"I just want to be with Jinyoung." She wallowed miserably, cradling her burnt wrist.

"We don't always get what we want." He reached to pat her head but pulled away. "The truck leaves to Himchan's tonight. Soomyun will be accompanying us. Prepare yourself."

She didn't reply. Right now, with the pain still pulsing her body, she didn't care what happened to anyone else. Not until she remembered what Soomyun had said about Jinyoung's little sister. She had to get her out before they hurt her. Jiyoon weakly stood. They hadn't bothered to shackle her to the floor. No doubt thinking she'd be too weak.

Jiyoon would save the child, even at the cost of her own life. If she could get to the registry, she'd quickly be able to find which room Hyemi was in. She wobbled to the door. Her entire left arm was numb.

Before she could even open the door it slid open. In the threshold stood a young girl.

"Are you Jiyoon?" She looked her up and down, eyes settled on her wrist. "I'm Hyemi. Baro sent me to save you."

Jiyoon stared at the young girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter