o18

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was shy around Jinyoung now. Even before I started getting my memories back he was being so tentative. From breaking my heart to giving me false hope. I wanted to strangle him. I knew he was just treating me like a roommate. At least, that's what I assumed. It was all I could assume. I didn't know what it meant to have a roommate, how to act or talk to them. Even if I hated the System, they still had a hand in who I was now.

But what made me shy around Jinyoung was my own false hopes. He hated the System and didn't want to love me because of that. I came from them, even if I didn't like that part of it. But now he knows my true feelings on everything. I wasn't a robot wife. I could think for myself now. Did that mean that in time we could be more? Even if I was forced into this marriage, I still wanted him. But did I want him because of what the System had put into me or was it my own true feelings?

"Start packing, we're going to Jeju." Jinyoung poked his head into my room. "It's a business trip and we'll be gone for a few days."

"What about finding out who drugged me?"

"As important as that is, it'll be suspicious if I stop doing my job. I can't cancel this."

I bit my lip. Just me and Jinyoung? In Jeju? A bubbly happiness filled me.

He poked his head back in. "Oh, Sandeul, Shin Woo, and their wives are coming with us."

My bubble deflated.

I stood to start packing but quickly fell back on the bed. Dizziness was still present and their was a dull ache in the back of my head. 

It was possible I could have another memory resurface at any given time. I wanted to know why someone did this to me, but not as much as I wanted to remember. I wanted to know what the System had done to me. What they were possibly doing to all the girls. I knew Jinyoung had a little sister in there and I had no doubt he was concerned for her.

Haewon knocked on my door. "Do you need help packing?"

"I would love some help." 

The two of us were giggling and chatting away, barely getting anything done. 

"How about this one?" She held up a dress and I snatched it out of her hands.

"Definitely not." It was a provocative dress that the Institute gave me. To seduce my husband. That was something that wasn't happening.

"Its perfect! You and Jinyoung going to Jeju, one of the most romantic places in the world. It's your time to get closer to him." She nudged me. "This dress will help, how do I say it...turn his head?" I smacked her arm and she laughed.

Jongup knocked before poking his head in. "Agashi, will you be ready in a few minutes?"

"Almost."

"Jinyoung is waiting for you downstairs."

Haewon shoved me when the door closed. "You have to tell me how everything goes when you come back. Ah!" She screamed. "I'm so excited for you!"

I laughed and shoved her back. 

Yongguk and Jongup helped me lug my suitcase down the stairs, along with a duffel bag. Honestly I felt like I packed pretty light. Only the essentials.

That is until I saw Jinyoung with only a carry on bag. 

"Its about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter