oo8

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoon was still hiding. Even after my embarrassing request the other night. Why did I want to listen to her play piano? I had grown to hate the piano, so why? She didn't come to any of the meals and there was no trace of her throughout the day. It wasn't until I came home from work did  I hear the piano. It was how she greeted me now. We didn't speak, the only form of communication through us was the occasional sticky note.

Shin Woo and Sandeul wanted to have drinks and officially meet my wife. There wasn't any more I could say or do to avoid it so I agreed. Thankfully this wasn't a formal dinner. Just casual attire.

Moon Haewon came to clean up the breakfast dishes.

"Is she eating?"

She glanced at me, surprised. I sighed and awkwardly rubbed the back of my head. "She's eating, right?"

Haewon was good at masking her expressions and this was no different. "Yes sir." She was holding back, I could see it in her eyes.

"Do you know where she's hiding?"

She hesitated. "Yes sir."

I nodded. "I'm leaving for work." Before leaving though I scribbled on the sticky note.

Will be home early. The two of us are going out to a casual dinner.

I think she'd like Shin Woo. He was a very thoughtful person who genuinely cared for others. Sandeul, on the other hand, had too much energy. He was rambunctious and silly.

When I arrived at work Sandeul literally crashed into me. I stumbled back, bracing myself against the elevator doors. They opened and we tumbled in. Sandeul only laughed while Shin Woo gawked at us, having already been in the elevator. I huffed and straightened my jacket.

"We get to meet your wife tonight." He squealed like a little girl. Shin Woo was amused by his antics.

"Not if you keep that up."

Sandeul let out a boisterous laugh. "You mean my charm? Women love me, I'm fun and pleasant to be around." He jabbed my side with his elbow. "It's okay to be jealous. Just because you're all serious." He copied my frown. Shin Woo covered his face but his shoulders shook from laughing.

I narrowed my eyes at the two of them. "You do want to keep your jobs, right?"

One looked startled while the other just laughed. I couldn't threaten them with that and they knew it. They were my top two employees, it'd be a headache to replace them. Sandeul patted my shoulder once more before stepping off the elevator.

Shin Woo stayed next to me, following my casual pace. "Is your wife still hiding from you?"

"Not exactly." I hesitated. Should I tell him about the piano? Shin Woo knew enough of my past to understand why it affected me so.

"So, she is or isn't hiding from you?"

I sighed. "I only see her at night when I come home. She...she plays the piano for me."

Shin Woo stopped walking. "You let her in that room?"

I turned to to face him but I looked everywhere else. "I wasn't going to let her at first. She was already in there but I couldn't find it in me to be angry. It's been so long since I've heard a piano. I...didn't want it to stop."

He gave me a sympathetic expression. "Has your mother met her yet?"

"No. Neither of them know. At least, if they do they haven't contacted me."

He diverted the topic a little. "By the way, I found a place to put your brother. He's two floors down. Works in the technician department."

That meant he fixed computers and other small things that needed i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter