o27

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 years later

A small child, a girl of 6 years, was out in a field of flowers. She was picking the yellow ones. Mom had told her they were weeds but she thought they were pretty. When her basket was full she started her trek back home. Sometimes mom would tell her a story about a time when little girls weren't allowed to do what they wanted. That they were forced to live in a building called the Institute, away from their family's. Of course she only told that story when she was being bad.

"Dara!" The little girl looked up. She could see her mother standing on the porch, looking for her.

Jiyoon did her best to not look at Dara, the child loved to pretend to be in a giant flower field even if it was only the front yard. Moon Haewon loved her garden. A lot had changed since Soomyun's death. It took time to change what people were used to. Many girls didn't want to leave the Institute and they discovered that the System was so much bigger than Soomyun.

Even so, it crumbled soon after she did.

Jiyoon placed a hand over her burnt wrist. Many of the girls who had been sent to the Houses stayed. Instead it was a place for the homeless and those that needed help. Changing the way people thought wasn't possible but changing the way the future generation was brought up was. And Jiyoon would start with her own daughter, a daughter she didn't have to give up.

"Mother. Father." She looked up to the sky. Even though she vaguely remembered them now, she'd never be able to see them again. And that was something she was just going to have to be okay with. Now she had her own family and discovered that her grandparents were still alive. Jiyoon had everything she needed.

Jinyoung and Daehyun had mended their rocky brotherhood. It turned out that Yuri wasn't pregnant when they had faked it just to get what they needed from Jinyoung but now she was. She was expecting a boy in May.

As for Shin Woo and Hyunsung, they apologized to Jiyoon for their involvment. But Jiyoon knew better, everything that happened, everything that was sacrificed, had let up to this moment. A moment that was full of love.

Gongchan wasn't the only one to surpass his father. Although he was the one who started the movement. Now men were able to do whatever they wanted rather than just being what they were born in. There was a rumor that he was starting his own company that allowed women to work at it. That would be different.

Sandeul and his wife, Minah went on to have three children on top of the two boys they already had. It was loud at their place but it was warm.

Detective Baro's wife, Yoojung, passed away from an incurable sickness, but he was reunited with his daughter. He couldn't stop crying the day he held her in his arms.

As for Himchan, he still hadn't been found but people were no longer worried about him. It had been so long since his appearance, there was little he could do to break what they had created. People were happy now. No more children being snatched from their parent's, no more mind control.

Jung Hyemi became a doctor, she was determined to help those that couldn't help themselves. It suited her.

"What are you thinking so deep about?" Jinyoung kneeled in front of his wife. She hadn't regained her ability to walk without help from a cane. Mostly she stayed in her wheelchair.

"Just thinking about all that we've accomplished. I still remember my first night in this house, you were so mean." She teased.

"Yes, well, I think I've made up for it by now."

"Mmm. I don't think so. There's a few more things I need from you."

"Oh?" He smiled at the mischivous gleam in her eye. "And what can I give to you?"

"A kiss." She lifted her chin.

"You're asking for a lot."

"Too bad."

He chuckled. Jinyoung cupped her face and kissed her gently. He was still able to steal her breath away.

"Daddy!" He was tackled by a tiny body.

"Dara, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter