o26

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Play Song: Muscle Memory by Lights

Time is a curious thing. How some days can seem so long while others incredibly short. That day, was a long day. The explosion that rocked the house, killing ten and trapping thirty. Of the ten that died, Soomyun was included, although it was suspected that she was murdered. Himchan had escaped in the confussion. The thirty that were trapped were mostly women but it also included Jinyoung and Jiyoon. After many hours they had found them. Jiyoon was a sobbing mess with an unconscious Jinyoung laying over her. He had protected her from the beams that had fallen on top of them.

Now the group waited anxiously in the hostpital for the results of their two beloved friends that had only just confessed their love for the other.

Yes, it was a very long day.

Shin Woo held his wife close, her hair and humming a simple lullaby. Sandeul, who was still in Jeju, was updated by Baro and was now on the first flight back. Daehyun quickly came, full of concern for his brother. While his parents cried over their baby girl that had been reunited with them.

That day went into the night which went into the next morning.

Jinyoung hadn't woken up yet.

Jiyoon's lascerations were sever. She had lost a lot of blood and was extremely weak. Jinyoung, protecting his wife from the collapsing truck, was now in a coma from the impact. The doctors had high hopes for both of them but they were still in critical care.

While they waited for them to recover, Baro and Daehyun worked on curing any affected men and women. They were concerned about Himchan and had many Detectives on the look out. Doojoon, after being cured, mourned over his wife. Despite everything he had really loved her. At the same time he was full of guilt at what he had done while under her influence.

Days went to weeks.

One night, late. There was only one maid on duty and everyone else was asleep, except for one. She rang for the nurse who came after a few minutes. After doing a little groveling the nurse agreed to move her bed next to her roomate. Jiyoon grunted as she pulled herself to her husband. The nurse said she'd come back to check on them.

Jiyoon stared at Jinyoung's peaceful expression. His cut was healing that marred the back of his head. She placed a hand on her legs. They told her it would be a miracle if she ever walked again. Even though she could feel her legs and move them, they could no longer support her weight.

"Jinyoung." She called for him. Her voice was hoarse. It was the first time she had said his name since arriving at the hospital and sobs had already started to form deep in her chest.

A long moment passed in silence. Jiyoon didn't know what to do.

"I need you to wake up." Shaking, her whole body shook. Tears started to sting. "Please." Jiyoon reached for his hand. "Thank you for saving me. Thank you for wanting me." She was crying now. Ugly sobs and tremors. Jiyoon needed him.

Her forehead hit his chest. His heartbeat was slow. "You've got to wake up. What am I supposed to do without you? I'm sorry I left you but I'm here now. I'm he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter