First Last Day

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie! if you dont get up in 3 minutes, you'll be late for school!", Moonbyul's litte sister nudged her older sister awake. Moonbyul sat up and rubbed her eyes groggily. "Ugh, where did the summer go?", Moonbyul wondered. "I'm gonna leave for school now, but I'll see you later unnie", her sister called out as she walked out of her room. "OK!", answered Moonbyul. She rose out of bed and started to get ready for school. 

" Alright, this is it. My last first day of high school", Moonbyul thought to herself as she straightened her uniform in the mirror. Her thoughts were interrupted as a text message appeared on her phone. 

"Byul-ah! we're still walking 2 school 2gether rite?", read the text message from her best friend Kim Yongsun. 

"Yup. I'm just about to walk out the front door. wanna meet at the mailbox?", Moonbyul texted back. With a ready heart, Moonbyul put on her shoes and locked her front door. Not knowing just how eventful this school year was going to be. 

As Moonbyul got closer to the mailbox, she saw her friend looking down at her phone tapping her foot impatiently. Dugeun Dugeun her heart fluttered. Moonbyul clutched her beating heart, making small creases in her uniform. "Damn it", Moonbyul thought. Just as she was about to call out her name, Yongsun looked up and sighed loudly, "Jeez, you have a really bad habit of walking really slow y'know. Maybe you're part turtle or something," Yongsun laughed to herself as she straightened Moonbyul's tie. Moonbyul gulped as she turned her head, obviously flustered. "You're one to talk. How many times have I told you to use proper punctuation?" Moonbyul answered back. "why? it's not like teachers are gonna be looking at my text messages", Yongsun shot back. " Yeah, but it's a pain to proofread all your assignments. I swear I spend more time correcting your spelling mistakes than it takes you to actually do your assignment. You could fix this bad habit with just always using proper punctuation all the time yknow" Moonbyul retorted. Yongsun looked at her friend as she walked into the classroom and sat down, " Wow, just cuz you were class president last year you think you can lecture me now, huh?" Moonbyul laughed. "Aigoo, is our Yongsun jealous right now? it's not my fault I'm such a star pupil. I'll give you a chance to catch up this year," Moonbyul teased. "Thanks, but not thanks. I'm gonna be a huge singer and you'll wish you were nicer to me. You'll be begging to spend time with me", Yongsun jeered. "I already do", whispered her best friend. 

"Im so hungry, I thought I was gonna go crazy," Yongsun whined. " You can go ahead. I'm just gonna fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter