It might be you

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: the chapters title it might be you is originally by Stephen Bishop but I like Kai's (not EXO aha) rendition of it lol 

Yongsun settled in her seat and stared out the window, "What the hell was that about last night?" She touched her lips with her fingers. Byul's lips were a lot softer than she thought.

She leaned her head against the cold window, "Byul was drunk, she probably didnt even mean that" instinctively she thought back to the kiss 

Dugeun~ Dugeun~ Yongsun put her hand to her chest, "What is this feeling??" 

The train started moving, bringing her back home.

 

X

 

It's the first day back to school from winter break. Yongsun looked in the mirror and put on her blazer. She didnt see or hear from Moonbyul for the rest of the break, other than when Moonbyul texted her saying she got home ok. 

"Fine, I'll just pretend that night never happened, I mean she hasnt brought it up anyways," Yongsun thought slightly irritated. 

She bent down to grab her scarf, "Oh right, this is Byul's" she made her way to the mailbox where she met Moonbyul every morning for school. 

20 minutes went by and class was to start in 15 minutes. Yongsun tugged on her scarf and walked to school alone.

 

X

 

"Finally! lunch time," Yongsun rejoiced as she stretched her arm. She glanced at Moonbyul's empty desk. 

"Unnie, let's go to lunch," Wheein and Hyejin called out to her.

Yongsun stood up and joined her friends in the hall, "How was your trip to Jeonju?" 

"Really fun! We got to eat yummy food!" Wheein exclaimed, she looked around for Moonbyul, "Are you alone today unnie?" 

"Ah thats right! Byuli unnie sent me a text message saying she caught a cold. I think she meant to send it to the group chat though," Hyejin explained, showing them the text. 

Yongsun made a mental note to at least check up on her after school. 

They sat down at their usual table and started eating their lunches. "How was the ski resort unnie? Did you fall a lot? I bet you did," Hyejin teased.

Yongsun made a face, "It's a lot harder than it looks. I didn't even finish my lesson because I fell so many times. But did you know that Byul knows how to ski?"

Wheein looked at her confused, "No, but she looks like the type that would excel at sports."

The girls continued to eat their lunch, Hyejin and Wheein talking excitedly about their trip to Jeonju but Yongsun wasnt really paying attention. 

"I wonder if she got sick coming home from the ski resort. If she did, it's all my fault. We shouldve just gone home together." Yongsun thought as she picked at her lunch. 

"Unnie, do you not like your lunch? whats wrong?" Wheein asked with concerned eyes. 

Yongsun looked up, she wasnt sure how long Hyejin and Wheein had been looking at her. She put on a big smile, "Nothing, I guess I'm just not hungry today" 

Ding Dong Ding Dong~

Before Hyejin or Wheein could reply, Yongsun stood up, "let's go, we dont wanna be late for class."

Hyejin and Wheein looked at each other with questioning eyes before following her.

 

X

 

 Yongsun never realized how long classes were without Moonbyul. Even though they werent allowed to talk in class, just having her nearby put her at ease.

The final school bell rang for the day as Yongsun packed up her notebooks. She remembered that she planned to check on Moonbyul.

"I'll bring some rice porridge too," Yongsun decided as she walked through the entrance gates. 

With the rice porridge in her hand and her notes to today's class, Yongsun wasnt sure why she was so nervous, "I mean it's just Byul." But the problem was Moonbyul wasnt just Moonbyul anymore. Not after what happened over the break.

With a nervous heart, Yongsun rang th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter