Photograph

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Photograph by Ed Sheeran ^^

It was a sunny Saturday morning, Moonbyul stumbled out of bed. There was only a week left of school and the graduation ceremony not long after that. She wandered towards the washroom yawning, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

She brushed her teeth and washed her face, stopping to examine herself in the mirror. Something about her reflection stilled looked young but mature at the same time.

"Byul-ah how did your exams go?" her mom asked not turning around from the stove. 

"I think I did well on most of them," Moonbyul answered scratching her head, "It's alright mom, I'm just gonna have cereal, I'm not really hungry" 

Her mom ignored her and set down a bowl of rice in front of her, "If you want to be a doctor, you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day" 

Moonbyul picked up her spoon, she knew that even if she became the most successful doctor in Korea, it was no use arguing with her mother.

Norae walked into the kitchen holding the morning mail, "oh unnie, something came in for you" she set a brown envelope down beside Moonbyul. 

Moonbyul put a spoonful of soup in and looked down at the letter. The sender's address was from Rainbow Bridge World. She gulped down the rest of her breakfast, "thanks for breakfast mom" she picked up the letter and ran to her room.

"Hey Moon Byuli, you'll get indigestion if you eat like th-" she cut herself off when she heard a door slam. She looked at her youngest daughter. Norae gazed back and shrugged her shoulders. 

Moonbyul ripped open the envelope, "why am I so nervous? it's not even my audition"  she scanned the contents of the letter. 

"To Kim Yongsun

Congratulations! we would like to inform you of your acceptance to Rainbow Bridge World Entertainment. We feel your talent would be a great fit for our company. Please contact our office to set up a date to go over contract details. Once again, we extend our praises" 

Moonbyul set the paper down, sensing a bittersweet feeling in her heart.  She was happy that Yongsun got accepted but the reality of her and Yongsun going down different paths started to set in. She considered just ripping the letter or not showing Yongsun.

"Byul-ah! your friends are here!" her mom called from the living room. Before she could lock her door and change out of her pajamas, Yul opened the door.

Moonbyul threw a pillow at his face, "you ert! don't you know how to knock?! what if I was changing!"  

Yul looked surprised, "I'm sorry! force of habit" Wheein walked up from behind him, "I really wish you'd fix that bad habit." she turned to Moonbyul,  "Unnie, we're going out so get dressed" 

Yongsun and Hyejin walked into her room together, "why are you still in your pajamas Byul? It's almost noon" 

Moonbyul's eyes darted towards her bed at the letter. She jumped on the bed, trying to hide it, "am I not allowed to sleep in? after studying for those exams I lost a full 8 hours of sleep. But I can't change if all of you are in here."

Hyejin sat in a chair opening a manhwa, "What's the big deal? we're all girls here" she stopped and looked at Yul, "keke well most of us are, sorry oppa" 

"say no more, I'll wait outside" he marched out of the bedroom.

Moonbyul gathered her friends, "I can't change with all of you in here too" she pushed her friends out the door. 

"wha- wait not even your girlfriend?!" Yongsun exclaimed as Moonbyul pushed her out the door. 

"Not even my girlfriend," she smiled kissing Yongsun on the nose. 

Moonbyul closed and locked her door, moving towards her bed and putting the letter underneath her pillow.  

She finished getting ready, wearing shorts, a crop top, and a snap back. "Where are we going?" 

"Just the mall, to hang out" Wheein stood up, "Hey Norae if you aren't busy today, you should come" 

Norae smiled, "You wouldn't mind? I don't want to impose" 

Hyejin laughed, "of course not! Oppa and the unnies talk about you all the time, so Wheein and I are curious as to what kind of person you are for them to think so highly of you" 

Norae blushed. "oh you have the same habit as Moonbyul unnie keke she blushes too when she's complimented," Wheein pointed out. 

Moonbyul clapped her hands, "alright, if we're done with talking about random stuff, let's go!" 

 

X

 

The group spent their afternoon at the mall, window shopping, and eating. 

They passed by an arcade with a picture booth, "you guys let's do this!" Yul called out to the girls.

Norae reminisced, "I haven't taken a photo sticker since middle school"

Hyejin and Wheein gawked in surprise, "Norae, how old are you?" 

"I'm in my first year of high school" she smiled

"really? why don't you go to our high school then?" Hyejin asked

"I go to an arts school" Norae explained.

"Wow, the Moon family has daughters that are smart and good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter