Beautiful Things

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Beautiful Things by Tori Kelly. Super sad song, but easily my favorite song on her album ^^

 

"Byul-ah, which school did u apply 2 and for wat program?"

Yonsei Uni for medicine. Why?" 

"I'm gonna apply there 2 ^^"

Moonbyul put down her phone and wondered why Yongsun wanted to apply there. She made a mental note to ask her the next day.

"also, can u come with me tomorrow after school? I'm auditioning for a company" 

"sure ^^" 

The next morning Moonbyul met with Yongsun at the mailbox. She kissed her good morning and the pair walked to school, "I thought you wanted to become a singer, why are you applying for programs?" Moonbyul questioned.

"Remember when we were both asked to go to the staff room? I left my application blank and Teacher Lee advised me to at least apply just as a backup just in case being a singer doesn't work out for me," Yongsun explained. 

"So you applied to Yonsei University too? for what program?" Moonbyul inquired. 

Yongsun handed her the application form, "English language and literature, it suits me right?"

Moonbyul smiled, "yeah, it does" 

They walked into their classroom handing in their forms. 

The teacher started the lesson, Yongsun put her head down on her desk. Moonbyul threw a crumpled up paper at her head, "Hey, this is the worst possible time to be slacking off" she whispered

Yongsun turned her head towards Moonbyul, "I know, but I stayed up late practicing last night" 

Moonbyul looked at her worried, "how many companies have you auditioned for?" 

Yongsun tried counting how many, "I'm not sure, I think I stopped counting after 10"

Moonbyul grinned back, "I'm sure you'll do fine. For as long as I've known you, you've been most passionate about music" 

Yongsun sighed, "fingers crossed"

 

X

 

Wheein, Yul, and Hyejin were talking when Moonbyul and Yongsun walked up to them. 

"Oppa, what are your plans after you graduate?" Hyejin questioned

"Hmm, I was planning on going to school for about a year or 2 and then going to the army" Yul replied looking at Wheein, "You'll visit me in the army right?" 

Wheein put down her drink, "I forgot oppa had to go to the army," she pouted 

Yul put an arm around her, "It's not for a while, so let's make a lot of good memories" 

Wheein reached for his hand and smiled. 

Yongsun and Moonbyul started eating their lunch when Hyejin looked over at them, "Yongsun unnie, your audition's today right? I looked into the company you said you were interested in and it apparently has a mandatory overseas placement" 

Yongsun put down her food, "really? how come? did it say how long the placement was?" 

Hyejin reached into her bag and pulled out 2 sheets of paper, "I had a feeling you didn't really research properly so I printed these out" 

As Yongsun skimmed through the papers, Moonbyul tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach by continuing to eat her lunch.

Wheein got up from the table, "Sorry, but I'm gonna leave first. I forgot to do the homework for next class," she bent down and gave Yul a kiss on the cheek. "Hyejin-ah, are you coming?"

Hyejin picked up her tray, "yeah I'm coming" "Hyejin-ah can you explain this part to me" Yongsun asked as she stood up as well. Leaving just Yul and Moonbyul at the table. 

Yul stared at her, as she kept putting food into . He tugged on her sleeve, "Hey, what's wrong? I know that expression..."

Moonbyul shook her head, refusing to answer his question. As she put a piece of kimchi in , she started to choke. 

Yul slid his water bottle over to her, watching her take a gulp. "So..are you gonna tell me? or am I gonna have to ask Yongsun?"

Moonbyul turned to him with tears in her eyes, "Yul-ah...what do I do? Before, I was so supportive of Yongsun training to become a singer. But now that she has to go abroad to train, I don't know if I'll be able to let go." 

Yul wiped her eyes with a napkin, "who said you have to let her go? with today's technology, it's easy to stay connected to everyone"

Moonbyul looked away, "I know, but it's different. It's like the thought of not holding her hand or kissing her really scares me."

Yul smiled at her, "trust me, I know the feeling. When I enter the army, I won't be able to see Wheein for a while remember? So don't think about the future and just live in the moment" 

she nodded, wiping the corner of her eye, "Thanks, Yul"

He pinched her cheeks and laughed, "Moon Byuli, you haven't changed since elementary school. You're still a cry baby" 

She flicked his forehead, "Stupid! I wasn't crying" 

Ding Dong~ Ding Dong~

Moonbyul walked into the classroom feeling a lot better. Yongsun looked up from her phone as Moonbyul sat down, "Ah! sorry I left you at lunch Byul. I really should have read the website properly" 

Moonbyul smiled, "that's alright, Yul stayed behind and we just talked. it was really nice"

Yongsun eyed her suspiciously, "should I be jealous?"

Moonbyul laughed, "Of course not, I've already found my soulmate" she tapped on Yongsun's nose.

 

X

 

"We have to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter