Thank You (Epilogue)

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] Thank You by R.ad. Super cute song lol 

~4 years later~

"Miss Moonbyul, would you mind looking over my assignment? I mean if you're not busy" 

Moonbyul looked up from her notebook and glanced at her classmate Jieun, "of course" she smiled holding out her hands. 

"Thank you so much! I'll treat you to a meal sometime" Jieun gleamed 

Moonbyul put the folder down on her desk, "that's alright, I'm just glad to help. I'll give it back to you tomorrow" she waved as Jieun ran to catch up with friends

"Oh, that's Moon Byuli? I hear she's famous in your program" her friend marveled 

"Yeah, she's smart, pretty, and really nice. Everyone in our program always invite her out, but she never comes" Jieun acknowledged

"I heard she gets confessed to at least 3 times a week" her friend gossipped, "do you think she's dating anyone?"

Jieun thought for a minute, "I don't think so. I mean, most girls wear couple rings, right? she doesn't wear any rings. At least none that I've seen" 

Moonbyul glanced at her watch, "I should probably get going" 

~Ding~ 

She pulled out her phone, it was a message from Wheein.

"unnie, where are you? we're all here now"

She packed up her things, and walked to the cafe, "a reunion with my high school friends" 

 

X

 

When Moonbyul opened the door to the cafe, she was immediately bombarded with hugs from Hyejin and Wheein. 

"unnie how could you not come to our graduation? And then totally avoid us for like half a year?" Wheein complained

"sorry, I was swamped with projects and group assignments. But I did come to the ceremony, but it was towards the end," Moonbyul replied feeling guilty.

Hyejin smirked, "that's alright, I mean I could only imagine what the workload for your program would be" 

Yul walked up from behind them, "Moon Byuli, where have you been hiding?" He gave her a hug, "you only visited me 3 times when I was in the army" 

They all took their seats, "sorry Yul, I tried to visit as often as I could" 

Yul slid a plate of cake over to Moonbyul, "it's alright, I was actually pretty popular in the army thanks to you three"

Wheein took a bite of Moonbyul's cake, "how is school unnie?"

Moonbyul slid the plate over to Wheein, "A lot of work, I'm not gonna lie. But it's fun." She turned to Hyejin, "so how do you like your programs? what did you decide to major in again?"

Hyejin sipped her drink, "Culinary, and I love it, top of my class" she boasted

Moonbyul smiled turning to Wheein, "wheein-ah what about you?"

Wheein put down her fork, "I decided to go to veterinary school, it's really fun"

Moonbyul played around with her napkin, "I'm sorry for being a terrible friend, I don't even know what programs you guys are in. I should have visited more often"

Yul shook his head, "that's alright, I mean you're here now" he gave her hand a squeeze

"Oh, that reminds me!" Moonbyul pulled out 2 gifts from her bag, "You and Wheein just hit your 4 year anniversary right? I was passing by a little shop when I saw these and thought of you guys"

They unwrapped the gift, it was a set of mugs with cherry blossoms painted on it. 

"As expected, I can always count on unnie" Wheein exclaimed giving Moonbyul a hug.

The group of friends stayed at the cafe until it closed, talking about their lives and reminiscing about memories. It felt like nothing changed. 

Well, almost nothing.

"Has anyone heard from Yongsun? I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks"  Yul asked as they walked out

"it's really hard to get in touch with her" Wheein added

They all stared at Moonbyul, "right, sorry Byul-ah" Yul apologized

Her relationship with Yongsun went through a rough patch, 5 months after she left. The 2 years abroad turned into 3 years, then turned into 4. As time went on, her emails with Yongsun kept getting shorter and less frequent. Eventually they just stopped. 

Moonbyul knew that a long distance relationship was going to be hard, but she never expected it to be this hard.

She smiled, "no need to apologi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter