Dropping Rain

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Dropping Rain by Kim Taewoo 

"Aw, do you really have to go? At least stay for dinner!" Moonbyul coaxed. 

The 4 girls spent the entire day hanging out. 

Wheein put her shoes on, "sorry unnie, but I promised Yul oppa that we'd have dinner together. You understand right?" she showed Moonbyul her best puppy eyes look.

Moonbyul smirked, "fair enough, have fun then. Say hi to Yul for me" 

Wheein hugged Moonbyul and Yongsun goodbye, "See you tomorrow!" 

Hyejin got up to leave as well, "I'm gonna head out too. My parents are expecting me for dinner tonight" 

"Hyejin-ah, you too?" Moonbyul tugged on her shirt. 

Yongsun appeared from the kitchen, "why are you so clingy today Byul?"

To be honest, Moonbyul didn't want to be alone with Yongsun. She knew that the more time she was alone with her, it would hurt too much to let her go.

She let go of Hyejin's shirt, "this weekend was really fun, and we might not have another chance to hang out like this"

Hyejin squished Moonbyul's face, "aigoo, is our Moon Byuli feeling sentimental? How cute keke." She picked up her bag and headed towards the door. 

"Hyejin-ah, you're coming to the graduation ceremony though right?" Moonbyul bugged

"Yup. Wheein and I will be screaming our heads off when unnies and oppa receive their diplomas" Hyejin turned to give Moonbyul's shoulder a tight squeeze, "I'm leaving now Yongsun unnie!" 

"Alright, Bye! Get home safe!" she yelled from the kitchen. 

Moonbyul walked Hyejin out and locked the door. She wandered into the kitchen and sat at the kitchen table. Yongsun was preparing dinner but she could feel Moonbyul's eyes on her back. "What's wrong? you've been acting...not yourself this weekend" she asked not taking her eyes off the cutting board. "Byul-ah could you season the meat in the pan? I forgot" 

Moonbyul stood up and sauntered towards the stove, "to be honest, at the beginning of the year, I was ready to graduate high school. Ready to start my adult life. But now, I just want it to stay as it as right now. Everything's perfect right now."

Yongsun giggled, "Hyejin was right, you are acting especially softhearted today"

Moonbyul stared back, "You don't feel the same?" She put in the salt and pepper, "Yongsun-ah is this enough? I'm not much of a chef" 

Yongsun looked over, "yeah that's enough," she looked back down at her cutting board, "not really, I mean we're gonna be attending the same school again, so it's not gonna be much different right?"

Moonbyul felt a tight knot in her chest, "right...right"

she nudged Moonbyul, "isn't this kind of fun though? we're cooking together"

Moonbyul scoffed, "we've cooked together before Yongsun-ah" 

"but we were just friends before. It's almost like everything's brand new now that we're a couple"  she protested

Moonbyul looked away, Yongsun was unintentionally making it hard for her. "Yongsun-ah," she started, "do you think we'd be ok if we were apart? Like in a long distance relationship. Or do you think we wouldn't make it?"

*Clack*

Yongsun dropped the knife she was holding, "what are you saying? Are you going somewhere??" She bit her upper lip, "do you...wanna break up?" she could feel a sense of panic coming from her chest.

Moonbyul was a little surprised seeing Yongsun's reaction, "no! of course not! it's just a lot of high school couples go through these feelings, so I wanted to know how you feel about it" 

Yongsun put her hand to her chest, "jeez, you scared me there for a second," she picked up the knife again, "but to answer your question, I think we'd be just fine" she smiled at her

Moonbyul kept her eyes down. Yongsun had no idea what she was feeling, but she had a weird way of knowing what to say to comfort her. 

"where's the rest of your family Byul?" Yongsun asked as she added the vegetables to the pan

"My parents went to stay at my grandparents tonight, and Norae is sleeping at her friend's house again" Moonbyul answered.

"will you be ok by yourself tonight?" Yongsun stirred the pan

"yeah, I'm used to it. They come back tomorrow morning anyways" Moonbyul grabbed 2 plates and put them on the table. 

Yongsun took the pan off the stove and set it on the table while Moonbyul put the side dishes on the table. 

They two girls started eating their dinner. Yongsun broke the silence first, "So are you going to move closer to Yonsei over the summer?" 

Moonbyul shook her head, "No, the commute isn't too long from here, and I think I'd miss my mom's cooking too much" she laughed, "why do you ask?" 

Yongsun put a piece of meat on Moonbyul's spoon, "it would have been fun for us to be roommates don't you think? Kind of like right now" she smiled

Moonbyul returned the gesture and put a piece of kimchi on Yongsun's spoon, "yeah, I think it would've been fun" she took a sip of her water quickly thinking of another topic to change the conversation, "your cooking really improved keke, the last time we cooked, you almost burned down your house remember?"

Yongsun glared at her, "I was distracted for a second" 

Moonbyul reached over and wipe off some sauce from Yongsun's face with her thumb, "whatever you say" 

 

X

 

Moonbyul watched Yongsun put on her shoes, "are you sure you don't want me to help clean up? I don't mind" 

Moonbyul shook her head, "that's alright, you did most of the cooking anyway," 

Yongsun put her jacket on, "suit yourself," she gave Moonbyul a quick kiss on the cheek. 

Moonbyul pulled her in for a hug. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter