Cherry Blossom Ending

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Cherry Blossom Ending by Busker Busker. Cuz this song is like the anthem for spring lol 

The next 2 months flew by without anyone realizing. The snow melted and the weather grew warmer. Spring had arrived. As seniors, Moonbyul, Yongsun, and Yul were especially busy with final assignments, exams, and post secondary school applications. During those two months, Wheein and Yul got incredibly close. 

"You're dismissed for lunch," the teacher announced, "Ah, Kim Yongsun and Moon Byuli, could you please stop by the staff room before lunch? I'd like to discuss your university applications." 

Moonbyul pulled out her phone, sending a quick text to Yul "Yongsun and I are gonna be late for lunch, so just go without us. we'll meet you at the cafeteria" 

Yul made his way to the cafeteria when he saw Wheein, he was about to call out to her when he saw another guy come up behind her scaring her. She screamed and instinctively hit him. They both laughed as they walked down the hall together, Yul frowned, "Why does the feeling of Wheein smiling at another guy like that make me feel bitter?" 

Hyejin rounded the corner and stopped beside Yul, "It's cuz you're in love sunbae" she whispered in his ear. 

"Ack! where did you come from?!" Yul jumped. Hyejin laughed, "It's really fun teasing you sunbae" 

Yul and Hyejin walked to the caferteria together, "Hyejin-ah do you know if Wheein's seeing anyone?"

Hyejin stared ahead, "Contrary to how popular she is, i dont think so. In other words, this is your chance sunbae"

Yul shoved his hands in his pockets, "Hyejin-ah you can call me oppa yknow. Sunbae sounds too distant and we're close now" 

Hyejin walked through the door, "Alright keke"

Wheein took out her lunch just as Hyejin and Yul sat down, " Hi sunbae!" she turned to Hyejin, "Ahn Hyejin, where did you go? i turned around for a second and you disappeared" 

"I needed to submit an assignment and then i ran into Yul oppa in the hallway," Hyejin answered

"Yul oppa?" Wheein raised an eyebrow, "Since when did you call sunbae, oppa?"

Hyejin took out her lunch, "oppa asked me to, he said he felt too distant, me calling him sunbae"

Wheein pouted and turned to Yul, "im disappointed in you sunbae, you never asked me to call you oppa"

To be honest, Yul considered asking Wheein. But just the thought of Wheein calling him 'oppa' made him so happy he could die. 

He grinned, "if you want you can call me oppa too then" she flashed him a big smile. 

Sensing the atmosphere, Hyejin went into matchmaker mode, "So oppa, i hear your pretty popular in your class," 

"What are we talking about?" Moonbyul asked as she and Yongsun sat down. 

"Yul oppa's popularity. is it true he's really popular?" Wheein questioned. 

Moonbyul thought for a moment, "surprisngly yes, i have no idea why" 

"what's so surprising about it?" Yul argued putting Moonbyul in a headlock. 

"It's true he's popular, not only for his looks, but his heart is just as pretty as his face" Yongsun acknowledged

Moonbyul got out of the headlock, "Pretty my foot," she turned to Yul, "How dare you corrupt my girlfriend?"

Yongsun laughed and kissed Moonbyul on the cheek. 

Hyejin continued, "so because oppa's popular, you totally received confessions right?"

Yul looked around uncomfortably, "I guess, but I have my eye on someone else "

"No way! who?!" Moonbyul asked springing up from her seat. Yul pulled her back down, "Stop making a scene"

"What's she like?" Yongsun asked 

"She's like a vitamin, she's always smiling and laughing so it makes people comfortable around her. She's also really cute, like a puppy or something" Yul blushed.

Everyone's eyes darted to Wheein, who didnt notice because she was lost in her thoughts.

"Ah, so he already has someone he likes. Wait a minute, dont tell me this is another unrequited love. Is my entire life just gonna be like this?!" Wheein thought 

Yongsun stared across the table, "Wheein-ah are you ok? you look distressed" 

"Oh perfect, just peachy," she replied in a monotonous voice.

Moonbyul pulled out her phone, "Did you guys see the cherry blossoms on the way to school today?" 

"So pretty!" all the girls exclaimed. 

"Let's go see them on the weekend," Hyejin insisted looking around the table.

Everyone nodded in agreement. 

Ding Dong Ding Dong~ 

"Ok, so Saturday at noon ok?" Yongsun reviewed as she picked up her bag. 

Moonbyul, Yongsun, and Yul walked towards their classrooms, "So Park Yul, It's Wheein right?"

Yul froze and contemplated lying to her. Moonbyul turned and punched him in the shoulder, "I'm right arent i?"

Yongsun giggled, "I think you two would make a cute couple"

Moonbyul s her arm around Yongsun's waist, "After us of course"

Yul rubbed his face, "Great now everyone knows"

"Who else knows?" Yongsun asked.

"Hyejin. I dont know how she found out," Yul commented

"Maybe its cuz you keep making lovey dovey eyes at Wheein" Moonbyul quipped.

Yongsun grabbed Moonbyul's hand, "Stop teasing him Byul" she turned to Yul, "Let us know if you need advice, we're rooting for you~" They waved to him as the went into their classroom. 

 

X

 

11:45 AM Saturday morning.

Yul was on his way to the subway station.

Ding~ a message from Moonbyul.

'"Hey Yul, Yongsun and I arent coming. We're going on a date instead. have fun!"

"Typical" he thought as he shoved his phone back into his pocket.

Wheein was waiting on the platform when she got a text message from Hyejin 

"Wheein-ah, Sorry but i cant come today. I havent started that paper yet T.T take lots of pictures for me!" 

"Ugh, what am i gonna do with her?" she put her phone back in her bag. 

"Jung Wheein!" a voice called out to her. she turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter