I wish it was you

Palpitations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yong im at the maibox already. where are you?? we're gonna be late" 

Yongsun put her shoes on, not even caring if they werent on properly. She was about to open her front door when her mom called out to her. 

"Yongsun-ah! you forgot your textbooks on the table." 

Yongsun turned around and held out her hands. Her bag was already too full and she was running late. 

Yongsun was running towards Moonbyul carrying an armful of textbooks, careful not to trip on anything. 

"Why are you carrying your textbooks? And your shoes arent on properly," Moonbyul pointed out. 

"I know, but we're already late" 

"I'd rather be late than have you hurt yourself" Moonbyul countered, bending down to fix Yongsun's shoes. 

"Thanks" Yongsun huffed trying to catch her breath.

Moonbyul took off her scarf and put it around Yongsun, "How could you become a singer when your leaving you're  throat so exposed like that?" She took half of Yongsun's textbooks and started walking.

"I forgot it at home," Yongsun answered running to catch up. 

The two girls ran to their seats just before their teacher walked in. 

 

X

 

Moonbyul stretched her arms, "It's the last day of classes before winter break. What do you wanna do?" 

Yongsun contemplated for a moment, "Now that I think about it, we've never really gone anywhere over the break." She stood up, "Let's go to a ski resort" 

Moonbyul followed after her, "Do you even know how to ski?" 

"No, but i could always learn," she insisted as they walked towards the cafeteria. 

They spotted Wheein and Hyejin having a heated conversation, "How could you just decide to bail on us without telling me?!" Wheein exclaimed.

"I did tell you, in the text remember? but forget about that, did you confess to her? where did you do it?" Hyejin asked excitedly.

"I was going to do it, on the ferris wheel. But i decided not to. Its better this way."

"So, are you gonna let go of Byuli unnie?" Hyejin questioned.

Wheein looked up and noticed Yongsun and Moonbyul coming closer, "Shh, theyre coming" 

Yongsun pulled out a chair and sat down. Not hearing anything, 

"Do you guys have anything planned for the winter break?" 

"Im visiting my grandparents in Jeonju, i'm not sure how long i'm there though," hyejin claimed.

"Why unnie? where did you want to go?" Wheein chimed.

Yongsun reached for her spoon, "Byul and I wanted to go to the ski resort over the break, and we wanted you guys to come."

Wheein suddenly felt a pang of jealousy in her chest. She thought about Yongsun and Moonbyul alone on the trip, but at the same time she didnt want to third wheel the pair either. 

She let out a groan, "ugh sorry, I'm going with Hyejin over the break."

Hyejin looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

Wheein pretended not to notice, "But it sounds like fun, i hope you have a great trip~" 

Ding Dong Ding Dong~

The 4 friends stood up, said their goodbyes and walked to their classrooms. 

Hyejin put an arm around Wheein, "What was that about? You arent coming with me to Jeonju"

"I'd rather go to Jeonju with you than third wheel on a trip," Wheein sat down in her seat, "It's been a while since I've seen your grandparents, so i want to say hi."

"You're really ok with them going on a trip alone?" Hyejin asked

"No...but there's nothing i can do. it's not like Moonbyul unnie was mine anyways."

Hyejin grinned, "Our Wheein has finally grown up" she thought

Wheein pulled out her binder, full of Doraemon stickers on the cover.

"Never mind" 

 

X

 

As Yongsun and Moonbyul got comfortable in their seat, Yongsun looked at her watch. "How long is the train ride supposed to be?"

"The website said it only takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours" Moonbyul replied without looking up from her cell phone.

"Cool, gives me time to take a nap then."

Moonbyul looked up from her phone, "Did you not go to sleep last night or something?"

"I only managed to sleep for a little bit, i was too excited," Yongsun yawned. 

Moonbyul took out her book, "Then sleep, ill wake you up when we get there." 

The train started moving, slowly picking up speed.

An hour later, Moonbyul looked up from her book and stared out the window. She watched Seoul turn into a blur. The trian made an abrupt turn, swaying Yongsun but not waking her up. She curled up in her seat trying to look for a comfortable postion and laid her head on Moonbyul's shoulder. 

Moonbyul looked over at her and smiled. 

Ding~ It was a text message from Wheein.

"Kekeke unnie look at this!"  she attached a picture of Hyejin, full of Pretz sticks and an annoyed expression trying to cover the camera.

Ding~ Another message came, this t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter