eight

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

eight

 

When the frustration builds up, Sehun knows that he is bound to explode any moment soon. It was as if he was trapped inside a pressure cooker, Sehun just needed to find a proper way out of the burdensome weight pushing him down. He wanted to shout, throw a tantrum or even punch his fist into a wall. He wanted to vent, let it all out but Sehun didn't mean to hurt her ㅡ he wasn't even in a proper state of mind to hear most of the things he said.

At the same time, he wanted to mentally and emotionally collapse right in front of her. He wanted to run into Ahreum's arms and just cry it out. A small part of himself truly wanted to be happy and just accept this blessing fate has bestowed upon them, but with all these emotions being torn in so many different directions, Sehun really doesn't know what to do.

He kept telling himself that he wasn't ready for this ㅡ physically and financially.

 

Because a baby is going to tie them down together; for an eternity.

 

And maybe, just maybe, Sehun wasn't planning on staying that long.

 

"S-Sehun!" He hears her gasp when he reached for the set of silver keys lying on the table beside him.


The atmosphere inside their living grew too dense for his liking that it was starting to suffocate him even more. He needed fresh air to clear his mind, he just can't bring himself to face this situation right now. Without a second thought, he storms out of the house, unlocking his car with a click of a button before diving into the driver's seat.

Despite hearing the endless cries of his name coming behind him, Sehun steps on the gas even harder as he drove past the tall gates of the house. He doesn't know where he's heading to, but he needs to get out of that place for a while.

 

Running away from such a problem was pathetic of him, Sehun knows that. However, people can be stupid enough to do awful things when they're angry and he's well aware of the beast that would be unleashed in case he stayed in there for another minute.

He really didn't want to break Ahreum, that was the last thing he wanted ㅡ Sehun has to take this out somewhere, somehow.

The roads by the countryside were way more peaceful compared to the busy lanes in the big city. The silence gave him a peace of mind, it made Sehun want to think properly. After driving aimlessly down the empty highway, Sehun eventually decreases his speed after calming his temper down. He has no idea for how long he's gripped onto the leather of the steering wheel, feeling his fingers throb slightly once he lessened the pressure around them. Now that Sehun's mind was much more composed, he could actually bring himself to think about the situation he still had to face back home.

 

Ahreum is pregnant and they're going to be parents in a matter of months.

Holy , where did it go wrong?

 

Truthfully saying, Sehun wasn't that excited. However, he was now in a calm mentality to heave a guilty sigh instead. To think about money worries him to no end because he's afraid that with the current financial status of his own company, they might not be able to give enough support for the extra person joining their lives.

He had nothing against this unborn baby, Sehun just hated himself for being so careless in the first place.

 

The company Sehun ran was already like his very own child, it needs constant upgrades and proper attention in order for it to grow successfully. It had to be surrounded with good brands and promising companies in order to get the recognition his company needs, one wrong move and everything goes down the drain. 

No words could describe the stress and frustration he's been feeling recently; regarding the downfall of his business.

If Sehun was already flustered on handling an entire company, he can hardly imagine how he'll be able to raise a real child. What if he failed to become a proper father figure for them? What if they turn out just like him, a spoilt brat with a super hard head? What if they came with all the bad and nasty personalities he once had as a child? Sehun can't even stand his own attitude sometimes, so what if his kid is just like that?

 

Or even worse?

 

With thousands of what-ifs clouding his mind, Sehun could barely hear the alarming honks coming from a larger vehicle rushing in his direction. The moment his senses brought him back to reality, he gasps at the blinding lights approaching his car but it was already too late for him to turn the wheel. In a blink of an eye, he felt his entire body jump from the sudden impact.

His car went out of control even as the other driver's brakes screeched to a stop against the road. Sehun yelps when the windshield came crashing into pieces, shards of tiny glass poking into his skin even as Sehun held his arms up to protect himself.

 

The car flipped over so many times that Sehun hardly had a single minute to react to each thud it landed with. The only sound that filled his ears were the shattering noises of the glass from his windows ㅡ the sound of metal from the roof of his car colliding against the concrete ground was too deafening for his ears to handle.

His chest and torso were almost crushed against the dashboard that he could feel his own organs wanting to burst from the brutal force. His bones and muscles felt like they were being crumpled, and Sehun could already smell the strong stench of blood roaming in his mouth.

 

After what seemed like forever, it finally came to a stop, but too much damage has been done to both the car and Sehun.

Despite suffering a tremendous amount of pain, Sehun still manages to free himself from the seatbelt tying him against the seat. He winces when he drops to the ground, feeling sharp objects sinking into his palms as he laid his weak figure on the roof of his car that was now flat on the ground.

He can hear himself inhaling deep breaths, trying to supply the oxygen demand his body desperately needs to keep his eyes open. Agony was the only thing keeping him slightly conscious of his surroundings. Sehun could barely move another muscle, feeling himself breaking further apart with every faint movement he tried to make.

 

It took him quite a while, constantly reminding himself to hold on tight just until someone comes to his rescue, but the soreness in his body only grew sharper as each second passes by.

In the end, Sehun was forced to surre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter