four

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  four

It was a lovely Sunday and Sehun didn't mind staying at home while his childhood friend stole his wife to accompany her to the bridal appointments she has made a few days back. Jiyeon was stoked to have Ahreum by her side since most of the bridesmaids were busy with the preparations for the soon approaching wedding day that she knew Ahreum was the perfect person to bring with her on Jiyeon's hunt for wedding dresses. Frustration was what the bride-to-be felt when she leaves another bridal boutique empty handed; unsatisfied of the gowns she's tried on so far and she was thankful for Ahreum's support and patience since the two ladies have been going from store to store just to find the ideal gown.

"How do you know if its the one?" Jiyeon sighs, disappointment plastered on her face after she was having mixed feelings about all the gowns she's tried on so far. She felt like she was missing the big effect and connection that every bride shared with their wedding dress, Ahreum knew exactly what she was talking about.

"You just know it is, Jiyeon. Like when you put it on, you can already see yourself walking towards your other half waiting for you at the end of that altar, just steps away into starting a new chapter in your lives together. Its like that feeling..when you know he's the one," Ahreum smiled dreamily, nostalgic memories of her bridal days running back into her mind.

 

When Ahreum went shopping for wedding dresses for the first time ever, Sehun's mother was there to give Ahreum her brutally honest opinions since her in-laws were the ones behind the bill. Truth to be told, Ahreum would've settled for something more simple yet elegantㅡbut with the lavish society she was being introduced to, Sehun's mother made sure it was a big glamourous ballgown with loads of french lace and beading which was a total contrast to the one she had in mind for herself but she loved it.

Needless to say, Ahreum was over the moon to be princess for a day and she couldn't have asked for anything better. She knew Jiyeon needed the same assurance and so she was ready to give her the encouragement she needed since Ahreum totally understands the pressure a bride goes through as she counts down to the most special day in her life.

 

"So how do I look in this one?" Jiyeon asks, anxiously staring at Ahreum from the mirror before shifting her gaze back to the third gown she tried on. This time she went with something more fitted; an ivory mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline that hugged her figure perfectly and instead of lace she went with more sparkle. A smile paints on Ahreum's face as she admired the bride in front of her, Jiyeon was glowing and she knew this was exactly the one they've been looking for.

Excited, Ahreum got up to get a closer look on the wonderful details of the gown. "You're glowing, Jiyeon." She grins, gently caressing the material of the gown that was perfect on the lady. The dress fits her like a glove and it was only then Ahreum caught a glimpse of the small little bump forming on her lower abdomen. It took Jiyeon a second to notice the way the elder lady was staring at her little belly and she reaches over to caress her own bump with a soft smile on her face.

"Is it obvious?" She asks nervously, scanning her figure in the mirror.

"Are you.."

"Yeah, I'm pregnant." Jiyeon smiled, gently tapping on her baby bump.

"Does he know?" Ahreum asks unsure, encouragingly squeezing onto Jiyeon's hand that reached over to hold hers. "He does, so do my parents. They would've let us have the baby anyways but Suho thought it was better to become a real family before the baby was even welcomed. That's why everything was quite rushed, but I'm beyond happy." she grins, tears of joy pooling around her eyes as she glanced over at Ahreum.

 

"I'm so happy for you, Jiyeon." Ahreum says, pulling her in for a small hug. "So is this the one?" She points at the dress Jiyeon was wearing and the girl nodded excitedly, overwhelmed by the feeling that invaded her beating heart.

"Don't tell me you guys don't have any plans for kids? Now that I'm pregnant, I want to have a buddy to bump bellies with." Jiyeon winks teasingly, nudging Ahreum who chuckled shyly as they sat together by the counter after getting her measurements done for the dress she bought. "Someday, I suppose." the lady responds, shrugging her shoulders.

 

After her bridal appointments, Jiyeon drops Ahreum back to her house after having dinner together at a restaurant. She had texted Sehun beforehand, making sure her husband knew that she would be returning late so he could have his dinner without her. It felt funny for some reason because it was always Ahreum that stayed at home, anticipating her prince charming's arrival on a daily basis but now that it was the other way around, she wondered if her husband felt the same warmth and excitement inside her heart the moment she saw Sehun waiting for her by the doorway just like how she did for him every single day.

They say home is where the heart is and Ahreum's is right there, waiting with his arms wide open for her to run into.

"I missed you, baby." chuckled Sehun, his lips finding hers once they stepped inside the house.

"Did you girls have a great time?" He asks, hands resting on her hips as they swayed their bodies sideways. "Yeah, it was fun." She grins, walking into the bedroom with him since she was exhausted after spending the entire day outdoors.

"Have you had your dinner?" She asked, just to be sure since she worried he might've been too lazy to even operate the microwave. With a nod he answered her question, flopping on the mattress while she was busy removing her makeup to get ready for bed.

"Jiyeon makes a very beautiful bride," Ahreum recalled the lady in her gown, she was honestly glad to be there for Jiyeon since it was nice to spend some time with a friend once in a while. A smile appears on his lips, Sehun's eyes were focused on their wedding picture instead.

"Nah, you're the prettiest bride to ever exist."

"And I'm the luckiest man in the world,"

 

Months flew by and soon came the very big day for Jiyeon. Hours before the wedding began, Sehun and Ahreum had already gotten dressed before they left to show some support for the bride and groom panicking behind closed doors. In his small circle of friends, Sehun wasn't the first one to be married since an older buddy of theirs, Xiumin had tied the knot 3 years earlier. The man was now a father of one very lovely girl, and he was a great husband to his wife as well.

Xiumin was an old family friend of his that happened to be the very first person Sehun approached after running away with his highschool sweetheart, although baffled by the sudden news, Xiumin was thoughtful enough to help him get their marriage certificates before a war erupted between the two families. Having that said, he thought that it was better for the couple to at least have a lawful relationship before being labeled as fugitives on a run in the name of love.

"Stop freaking out, you'll be fine." Sehun snickered, watching Suho nervously shake his limbs just to relax himself. "Just don't start crying when you see her, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by being the only idiot to laugh during such an important moment." Baekhyun jokes, earning himself a disapproving stare from the groom. "What? Its true, you cry ugly." Jongin teased, chuckling together with Baekhyun.

"Three down, two more to go." Xiumin stated, his questioning eyes laid on the two bachelors standing around the hotel suite.

"At least we don't have to ask our wives for permission just to go drinking with our friends." Jongin mumbled, shaking his head at the suggestion. Baekhyun and him were the only ones that weren't in a serious relationship like the other three, though its obvious they like it that way after hearing all the drunk confessions these married men had made.

Marriage wasn't their cup of tea, at least to Jongin it wasn't.

 

After a while, the friends decided to leave the suite with the groom by their sides–teasing the nervous fella as they approached the large hall where the wedding was being held at. Upon entering, Sehun's eyes restlessly searched for a familiar lady among the crowd, a grin breaking onto his face when his eyes found Ahreum that to him, was a thousand times prettier than all the flowers that dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter