three

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
three

 At first, both of them were understanding to the idea of wanting to adjust their life as a married couple before they could make room for another. They wanted to get used with living together as husband and wife instead of taking a huge leap into parenthood.

There were too many things to consider before they had a child; their financial status, his busy work schedules and Sehun just wanted to keep his focus entirely on his wife and himself alone. Of course they did struggle for the first year of their marriage, emotionally and financially, but now that Sehun was earning more than they needed and since Ahreum was starting to hate spending her time alone in the house while he was awayㅡshe was sort of ready for the commitment.

After all, three is better than two, right?

With a photo album in her hand, Ahreum sat beside Sehun on the bed. Tea time with his parents was nice and while the the older couple must've gone to bed, Sehun and Ahreum were just relaxing for a bit after all the rice crackers they ate downstairs. He laid on the bed with his eyes closed, humming a soft melody that played in his head as he tapped his fingers on his chest.

Ahreum was flipping through the pages of the memory books his mother had handed her, showing off how much of a cutie her son was and always would be in her eyes no matter how old he gets. She would catch herself grinning wider and wider at the sight of his baby pictures, wondering to herself if that could possibly be the face their future child together.

"How old were you here?" She nudged, causing him to crack his eyes open just to the observe photo she showed him. A chuckle leaves his lips as Sehun lifts himself to lean against the headboard, scrunching his nose to the sight of his chubby baby pictures that were a complete contrast to the man he was today.

"Maybe 2 or 3?"

She smiled, humming in delight when Sehun joined her. It was probably what she had in mind in the first place, wanting to catch his attention with his baby pictures to start the conversation again. "You still owe me one thing," he chuckles, watching her close the book in her hands. After finishing three photo albums, she heaves a quiet sigh as he placed the stack of memories on the nightstand beside her. Ahreum laid herself on the bed, her body sinking deeper into the soft mattress when Sehun lowered himself onto her, sealing the distance of their lips with a fiery kiss.

She had always gave him the green light, letting him take over her mind, body and soul without a single hesitation. She assumed tonight was going to be just like last night, perhaps a little bit more playful than yesterday since Sehun had been giggling in their kisses. Even so, she was actually nervous to bring up what his parents had mentioned earlier but it did make her feel slightly anxious to the way he reacted to the question with a simple shrug of a shoulder. When he made that kind of response, it was then when his mother finally opened up to her—telling Ahreum to try and sweet talk her husband to agree on the plan since they were eager to meet their own grandchildren.

Sadly, he wasn't ready for such a thing and Ahreum had to understand that.

"Sehun, let's get a pet. I was thinking about getting a cat but a puppy sounds better, doesn't it?"

He laughed at her sudden suggestion, silencing her with another kiss before he gave her a reply. "No way, who's going to be in charge of the litterbox and the grooming, plus the monthly vet appointments or even their treats? Its too much responsibility, Mimi." He says, locking their lips together once again. She'll never get tired of the way his lips perfectly moulded against hers, sweet to taste and soft to touchㅡAhreum loved kissing him as much as he did of kissing her. 

"Sehun," she whispered, taking a deep breath.

There was no easy way to suggest such a thing when they've been simply pouncing on each other ever since the first night together; a magical night when sparks flew and fireworks blasted everywhere in the bedroom after he finally got to touch the girl he has loved for so long. Now that they've come all this way to their marriage, she was actually ready for the upgrade and wanted Sehun to consider it as well.

"Aren't babies cute?"

He scoffed at her words, gently pinching her hips since he knew where this was going. "Yeah," he raised a brow, wondering how she'd convince him this time. This wasn't the first time they've talked about it, but he always made sure to drop the subject even before it started. 

"..and??" Ahreum sang, feeling her cheeks burn since she never planned it out just like that. Intimacy was something that occurs naturally, sometimes out of passion and desire but it was never planned properly.

Sehun stays silent, nuzzling in the crook of her neck as he smiled to the way her heart was beating for him. Ahreum wraps her tiny arms around his broad structure, drawing small circles on his spine as she held him close to her.

"Don't you think our baby might be the cutest?"

A quiet giggle leaves her lips as she daydreams away, thinking about how lovely it would be to start a family of their own. Sehun was going to be such an awesome father, he'd be able to give his kids a ride on those broad shoulders and make all their dreams come true. Oh just imagine how lovely it'd be to have someone tiny calling them mommy and daddy; giving them a sincere answer of loving both of them equally if Sehun were to teasingly ask their child to choose between the two of them.

What's better than having little ones that were the result of you and your other half; a symbol of love just running around the house?

It was going to be so adorable, almost too much for her own heart to handle.

"You are my baby," Sehun mumbles, sighing when she whined. "Like a baby of our own, Sehun. Just, think about it?" She murmurs slowly, confused when he suddenly got off her.

"Let's not think about kids just yet, shall we?" Sehun mutters, almost groaning in frustration but she couldn't understand why. They had everything they would ever need, enough to support another member in the family. She would've understood him better if only he was more open to her about this topic.

"Aren't you ready for it yet?" She asks consciously, watching her husband pace back and forth across the bedroom. "It'll be amazing, Sehun. Trust me. After all its like a smaller version of you and me combined! We'll teach them everything they need to know about life, and we'll always be there for them. Please, darling?"

"No, Ahreum its just I-"

Exactly, it was going to be a combination of Sehun and Ahreumㅡthe two rebels that ran away from home just to be with each other. What if their own kids turn out a thousand times worser than them? Weren't children supposed to be a mirror of their parents? Weren't they supposed to carry the genes and the personalityㅡboth good and bad?

Sehun strongly believed in the saying of what goes around, comes around and if they've troubled their parents so much then the children they have might cause ten times the frustration they once gave their family. He wasn't ready to deal with that stress, he was afraid he might not be able to tolerate such a thing.

They say children are supposed to be a blessing but with their own sins of the past, Sehun knows a punishment was yet to be coming their way. Even if Ahreum was ready to tell him that they'd be supportive and understanding parents, he wasn't so convinced to the idea at all. It might be normal for a first-time parent to be freaking out on just the idea of having a baby alone but Sehun was beyond terrified, the last thing he'd want was to be a bad father.

"They're not as easy as you think, Ahreum. There's diapers to change, and we're gonna have to take turns calming them down when they start crying at night. And feeding them, or like when they fall sick, its going to difficult to give them medicine and all that. Darling, please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter