eighteen

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eighteen


Out of every other month in a year, this one month in particular holds a special place in Ahreum's heart for various reasons. It was personally her favourite, because it brings back so many beautiful memories of the past, and leads to quite a number of fresh new beginnings as well. She always believed that great luck and fortune often came along with it too, though the thought of that may sound quite childish to a few people.

Be it a strange coincidence or simply pure luck, greater things were bound to happen during this time of the year ㅡ marking it as one of their best months of a lifetime.

Apart from the fact that they'll be celebrating their 3rd anniversary soon, Ahreum can hardly forget about all the wonderful moments that were sealed between each date on the calendar itself.

It all starts from the day when Ahreum finally married Sehun, and at that very moment, she was no doubt the luckiest girl in the entire universe. Despite knowing that there may be some moments from the past that could've been done a lot more differently, Ahreum would never trade this love of hers for anything else in this big world.

 

It was simply too precious for her to even think about letting go.

 

Not to mention, it was also around this time of the year when she first met Sehun. She remembers smiling shyly at the handsome boy who was the first to introduce himself to the entire classroom. It would be a big fat lie to not admit on how good looking she honestly thought he was. Besides, the playful glances Sehun threw her way during her own introdution were hard to miss, and perhaps the way his lips ticked up aside to form that boyish smile of his, was what made her heart feel a certain way towards him from the very beginning.

 

Never in a million years did she ever imagine herself falling hopelessly in love with this boy, let alone to actually think about being married to such a great person.

She just, loves him so much. She can't seem to imagine a life without him by her side. Which is why, Ahreum hopes for nothing but for genuine happiness on the rest of the days lying ahead of them ㅡ wanting to spend nothing more than an eternity with the love of her life.

 

Like the colourful buds that have blossomed to welcome a new season, Ahreum is also prepared to close the book from last year ㅡ excited to collect and make new memories with Sehun as they soon enter the 3rd year of their marriage.

Although she honestly hated his way of surprising her, Ahreum was nevertheless grateful of Sehun for even considering about having a sweet honeymoon outside of the country. After all they've been through last year, this idea became a perfect way to escape reality. Plus, they haven't travelled together in a long while, mainly due to his busy schedules that sadly received more attention from Sehun than she could ever wish for.

 

Now that it was going to be just the two of them, together, and away from the stressful environment that surrounds them, Ahreum can feel her own heart dancing inside her chest just by thinking about ways to ignite that old spark between them once again.

However, there was simply one last thing that needed Sehun's attention ㅡ at least before all of it was given entirely to Ahreum instead ㅡ and much to her surprise, this tiny task got her involved into it as well.

 

"So you were saying?" She reminds, going up to his side as they walked away from their car. Sehun paused to click on the button in his hand, making sure he locked his car before entering his own office building. By sliding his hands into his pockets and offering an arm for his wife to cling onto, Ahreum's heart flutters at the sight of such a dashing man, wondering who the genius wife was behind the suit he wore today.

With a soft smile on her face, she wraps her hands around Sehun's arm, walking side to side as they made their way inside.

"I was wondering if we should also host a small party for the staffs here at the company. I want to thank them for their hardwork, but I'm not sure how." Sehun admits, and hearing that statement brought even more warmth to Ahreum's heart.

 

She was proud of him for wanting to express his gratitude towards his team, despite not knowing how to do so without making them feel too much pressure in return. He knew that only few would benefit from the promotions or bonus salaries he rewarded them with, and so Sehun was hoping to find a way to celebrate the success of their business with the rest as well.

"That sounds like a great idea, I'm sure they would appreciate a lunch party since most of them might want to spend time with their families for dinner." She suggests, giving Sehun a few more points to consider.

From the moment they entered the lobby, casually making their way towards the lift area to proceed to his floor, Ahreum immediately took note of all the heads that turned to meet and greet them. The sudden attention honestly made her feel nervous, but since Sehun was by her side, that sense of pride and confidence sort of got brushed onto her as well.

 

She did her best to respond to their greetings with a slight nod or a smile, anything that serves as a sign of acknowledgement to their hardwork. After all, these people were well-informed of who she was anyways, so it wasn't surprising to have a few staffs approach her instead ㅡ knowing this was the closest they could ever get to the boss.

Its not everyday that the bigger boss comes to visit the company, but when she does, Sehun becomes a bit more overprotective of her than usual. Not only because all eyes start to blink at her like the flashes of a camera lens, wanting to catch every bit of this beauty that rarely made an appearance, but also because there were a few people who often saw his wife as a chance to 'sweet talk' their way into getting a promotion.

 

He can't blame them for wanting to cross the fine line drawn between the staffs and other executives, because it has existed ever since his father's time, giving most employees less to no chance of crossing the professional relationship with their employers. However, there are quite a few people who still dared to try, but the drama that follows such scenarios only brought tension and frustration to the others as well.

 

Once the doors of their vacant lift came to a close, Sehun leaned against the polished walls of the elevator, with his front facing his wife. Ahreum slowly tilts her head and stared at him in silence, adoring the way Sehun looked in his fancy suit and tie. His ability to look amazing in anything he puts on made it hard for Ahreum to choose her favourite outfit on him. Having that said, Sehun in a white button-up was a look that never seems to run out of style.

 

As she approached him, Sehun spreads his arms out to invite her in ㅡ his chest looking like a pillow for her head to lay on. A part of him wants to feel guilty for kicking his wife out of bed too early, hoping she could follow him to work, especially because it was his last day at the office before a well-deserved break. Then again, he was sort of glad that she whole-heartedly agreed to come along, since he knew his own office needed her presence once in a while.

 

He can't even begin to describe of how much that small smile of hers was able to boost his energy, making the rest of his days seem like its made up of purely rainbows and sunshine.

Before Ahreum had the chance to crash into his arms, she frowns when the lift came to a stop at their floor, and Sehun simply chuckles at her reaction as they walked out together.

 

"Hold my hand so you won't get lost, baby." Sehun teased, taking the initiative to grab hold of her delicate hand as he leads her towards his office suite. And from afar, he catches a glimpse of Jongdae walking towards them with a smug grin on his face, making Sehun sigh knowingly in return.

"Ma'am, is this man bothering you? Should I call for security?" Jongdae joked, stopping the couple for a brief moment.

"Please, take him away, he's all yours."

Ahreum chuckles when Sehun scoffed at her statement, shaking his head as the three of them proceeded to his office.

"Excuse me, I'm your husband."

"I'm afraid we're gonna have to check some documents, sir. Just to be sure," the other man adds, giving him a playful wink instead.

"Unbelievable,"

Soon after, the trio came to a stop in front of a large door with Sehun's fullname and position engraved on the golden plate in the center, hanging in contrast to the dark surface of the wood. Without another word, Sehun pushed it open and gestures his wife to enter before they did. Much to Jongdae's amusement, he cackles beside the younger man when he hears Ahreum say, "Sehun. What a mess."

 

"Finally, someone who understands me." Jongdae laughs, referring to the pile of documents that were scattered on Sehun's (already very) spacious desk. An embarrased smile appears on Sehun's face while he nervously scratched the back of his head, watching his woman get down to business much faster than he can at this time of the day.

"Its always a pleasure to have her around, isn't that right, Mr.Oh?" Jongdae asked teasingly, and since this man was like the older brother he never had, Sehun doesn't mind the playful comments that came his way once in a while.

"Oh, you have no idea."

Jongdae soon excused himself to fetch some coffee for the couple, leaving the two alone inside the suite. As if she had been anticipating for the silence that follows, Ahreum finally speaks when she hears the door closing behind him.

 

"You barely have space for your laptop, and your files are everywhere! Goodness, I'm starting to understand why you bring everything home," she grumbles, frustrated of the mess she sees, although it was not much of a surprise to her either.

"Yikes, you sound just like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter