two

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  two


The Sun remains hidden behind the thick grey clouds that poured its tears throughout the entire city. Waking up to the sound of rain hitting against their roof brings a sense of serenity to the male that was still sound asleep beside his frustrated wife. Ahreum carefully reached over for Sehun's shirt that laid on the floor before quickly slipping into it, she jumps out of the bed and ties her hair in a bunㅡfrowning at the droplets of water that raced down their bedroom window.

Rain; although calming, brings all her outdoor plans to a ruin. She spent the whole night thinking of the places they'd go and listing things they should do to celebrate today like a normal couple. Looks like the weather had other plans, and so Ahreum was back to the drawing board.

Sehun was a busy bee since he's the head of the house, both his and theirs. His father suffered a just about a year ago and it wasn't until recently that the old man had recovered from it. With such a condition, his father chose to step down from his position by handing the key and sole responsibility on handling the successful family business to his only son.

At first the couple was thrilled to be given such a massive opportunity, but the higher Sehun's ranking in the company got, the more work there was to be done and sometimes he was forced to check on the stacks of documents waiting for him in his cold office when he should've been returning home to the lovely wife waiting for him on the warm bed.

Recently, he's been working extra hard to look after his parents and support his married life at the same time, Ahreum just wanted to make good use of his free time by making sure he did something fun instead of slacking the entire day off. However, the weather seems to be in Sehun's favour, giving him more reasons to stay in bed.

As a housewife, it was obvious to anyone that she the busier queen bee. If Sehun was in charge of running the family business then it was Ahreum that was responsible for house they lived in. Like her husband, she too worked around the clock, from keeping every corner of their house squeaky clean to doing the laundry, not to mention the amount of time she dedicated herself in the kitchen to make sure their food was tasty and warm by the time Sehun returns home.

Her husband was a picky eater, he had his own rules on how his meat should be cooked or just how much seasoning his vegetables need, but after spending so many years together the two had somehow adapted to each other's taste palates and it was actually Ahreum that leaned more into his personal favourites. They say a way to a man's heart was through his stomach and she gets more than just his heart, Sehun never forgets to thank his wife for the lovely meal with a light pat on her bum, his way of showing appreciation.

 

"Smells like heaven,"

Ahreum turns to greet the sleepyhead walking inside the kitchen with just his boxers on, Sehun could barely keep his eyes open as he leans against the fridge to smell the fresh spices roaming in the air. Since it was close to noon, his lover had prepared them some brunch instead of a simple breakfast meal that was only going to delay their fast-approaching lunchtime. She cooked his favourites, knowing that nothing was more romantic than a home cooked meal to start the day.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you." Sehun sighed, pressing on the bridge of his nose as he quickly chewed on his food before continuing. "Mother invited us for dinner tonight, so ditch the apron and dress up pretty okay?" He flashed her a smile as Ahreum nods, but there was something about the apron statement that made her feel a little bitter inside.

But, she was cool about it by simply shrugging it aside and continued to eat up.

The couple could only hope for the heavy downpour to lessen by the time they left for dinner at the family mansion. Ahreum was slightly pissed on having such a special day spent entirely indoors with a random movie playing on their flatscreen, but she was sort of glad that Sehun was home, snuggling next to her on the couch.

 

Time passes as slow as a snail since neither of them were having fun, the world around them passes by in a blur as the melody of the rain resonated the silent surroundings. Sehun took charge on changing the dull atmosphere by putting their gadgets aside to play his own version of the game of rock, paper and scissors. For every round a person won, the loser would be given a kiss rather than a flick on the forehead and it was truly one of those games they played when boredom got the best of them.

It was something Sehun came up with when they were still dating back in highschool since it was one way he could easily steal a kiss from his shy girlfriend, but it was slightly awkward for them to play more than two rounds considering the two of them were fairly new to each other back then and he didn't want to scare the pretty lady away. Now that they were married, they could play this game a thousand times without ever getting tired of having to smack their lips against each other.

After what felt like 15 rounds, Sehun was alerted when they were almost running late to the dinner party waiting for them an hour drive away from their home. See, time only flies when you're having fun. Without another word, they rushed to get ready and as usual, Ahreum would sit on the bed in her robe while her husband decided what she would wear.

For Sehun, his wife was his precious doll. He could easily strip her off when he wanted to or dress her up in the cutest of clothing, she was his as to he was hers. He loved her, gave her what she deserved since Ahreum had practically sacrifised everything to be here with him today. He could never forget the look on her face when her own parents came to confront them, mainly stressing on the fact that she was no longer their bloodline the day she ran away with him.

Sehun felt horrible to hear such a thing but he knew that his in-laws might've needed some time to accept them just like how his parents had learned to live with the decision he's made to be with her.

Having that said, Ahreum's relationship with Sehun's mother remains the same as other housewives and in-laws in the entire world, but it was his mother that failed to accept her as the daughter she wasㅡthinking Ahreum was a good-for-nothing desperate wretch that married Sehun for the money. However, it saddens him to know that his mother wasn't the only one that thought of Ahreum that way when even the closest relatives that knew their story would say the same, telling him to be extra careful of the pin number to his bank account.

"Put this on, you haven't even touched this dress I bought you."

She chuckles, quickly changing into the floral dress he laid on the bed.
 

There was no hiding to the fact that Ahreum grew up in an average family, she was an ordinary kitten lost in the sea of exotic animals. She didn't understand the motto he practically grew up with; go big or go home because in his society, people will always have something to compare themselves to one another.

Who had the bigger house? Who has the prettier wife? How much money is the husband making in a month?

Ahreum wasn't used to being the centre of attention, and because of her quiet and humble nature, people of a higher class chose to look down on her; from the way she dressed to the way she behaved.

 

Now that she was his wife, she had a complete image to live up to and she had trouble adjusting the high-life she was introduced toㅡshe had no idea how much difference an imported bottle of wine made compared to the local ones they could buy easily. Long story short, there were a lot of things she needed to know and Sehun was grateful that she was fast learner.

The family mansion was what one would describe as a palace for royalty, with maids and butlers just a call away. Even if it was Sehun's home; a safe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter