one

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  one


Ahreum wipes her wet hands with a cloth before dropping it back on the kitchen countertop, she just finished washing the dishes after dinner and was exhausted from standing in front of pots and stoves for hours. The young lady walks out of the kitchen, heading towards the calender hung on the wall nearby to check the date. Her heart skips a beat at the thousands of ideas that popped into mind, she assured herself that the next morning was going to be a day full of love.

"Its Valentine's Day tomorrow," she grins, approaching the male sitting on the couch with the TV remote in his hand. Ahreum seats herself next to him, quietly snuggling under his arm that wrapped itself around her waist to hold her close. Sehun hums as a response, rapidly switching channels with a press of a button after responding to a quick kiss.

"How shall we spend it?" She asks, wanting to hear his suggestions before she told him about hers. Ahreum rests her head on his shoulder, smiling at the  sight of a shiny diamond on the ring around her finger as she waited for a reply from her husband.

"Up to you, baby." He murmurs in a monotone. "Why don't we take a tour down the Han river or have dinner at your favourite restaurant? Oh, let's get our names locked by the Namsan Tower like we did back in highschool! Let's do what the couples do these days," She chuckles, coming up with date ideas that excited her to no end.

Sehun switches off the television since there was nothing good on it anyway, he turns his attention to the petite woman beside him, staring into her eyes that glistered with delight.

"I bet you expect me to shower you with expensive gifts then? What else do you want for your wardrobe? An apron from Gucci?" He was only joking but failed to realise the ignorance in his tone.

In a second, Ahreum's smile fell off her face but she did her best to conceal the hurt she felt inside her heart. That was rather insensitive of her husband to say such a thing, but she simply shook that thought away. He could give her a long kiss to start the morning or they could just hold hands as they strolled around the park, Sehun could even give her a 5 second long hug and still she'd settle with it. She wouldn't trade his warm hugs and sweet kisses for anything else in this world, all she asked was for a bit of his time.

With a smile forced on her face, she cups his face in her small hands, brushing the tip of their noses together in a loving manner. Ahreum tried not to let it bother her but the way he stated things made it look as if she was being quite demanding when she never asked him anything too unrealistic, she wanted him and only him.

That was enough.

"You, me and a bed is just fine." She gave him a flirty wink, doing her best to shake off the words that continued to dwell in her mind. "Now that's more like it," he grins, carrying her tiny frame in his strong arms as they head towards their bedroom.

 

When twilight fades into a darkness it lights a fire inside their hearts, it doesn't take long for the mood to set once their clothes were off. Romance was in the air and Ahreum relaxed her body to his soft kisses, not a single spot on her skin was left untouched. There was nothing greater than the feeling of having his skin against hers, with fingers gripping on the bedsheets as soft whispers of their names echoed throughout the burning night. The world remains silent and still when they made love, nights like these were timelessㅡthe passion and desire they had for one another was an everlasting flower that grew in their garden of love.

After giving in his all, Sehun collapsed beside her on the bed, pulling up the purple duvets to cover their exposed bodies. He gives her one last kiss on the lips before cuddling with the small figure breathing next to him. It only takes him a minute to doze off from the exhaustion meanwhile Ahreum would stare at the beauty sleeping beside her, even after so long everything still feels like the first time. With a grin on her face, she quietly thanked God for choosing her to be Sehun's other half.

 

One glance at the large wedding picture hung across the room and she was reminded of how it all began.

 

Oh Sehun and Choi Ahreum met on the first day of highschool, they've had eyes on each other ever since the first introduction. One thing easily led to another and Sehun thought of their lovely friendship as a another game level he had to pass. Hopes and feelings were locked inside a box but both of them had the key to open it. However it was clear for Ahreum that Sehun was definitely out of her league, he was the typical attractive rich fella that had tons of girls chasing him down the school corridors on a daily basis—but he'd spend his days running after Ahreum, the girl with braces and a very normal family background.

Even to herself, she was dull and basic compared to the pretty girls in the school that were more outgoing than she was. Ahreum was more of an introvert, books were her bestfriend but there was a girly girl hiding deep down inside her and she didn't know that part of her existed until Sehun showed up in her life. He was a hopeless romantic, with handwritten love letters hidden under her desk every morning before class began and those endless efforts he shows just to win her heart.

Ahreum wasn't playing hard to get, she wasn't even participating in the game for crying out loud! She couldn't understand why he was wasting his precious time on someone as boring as her but Sehun's heart was dedicated to the idea of having less is more. He could give her everything if only she gave him herself.

When Sehun first asked her out, after being great friends for one whole year, she responded his love proposal with a strong maybe that broke his heart more than it crushed his admirers' after he stole a kiss from Ahreum in the library.

"Now that's off the bucket list," she remembered him say, making her gasp in shock when his lower lip was bleeding thanks to Sehun forcing himself on the metal hooks against her teeth. Truth is, she never dated a guy beforeㅡlet alone kiss one, so it was very awkward and probably a painful kiss for Sehun to experience.

The bashful teen hands Sehun a facial tissue and watches him wipe some of the blood coming from the small cut on his lower lip, he chuckles shyly after being asked why he did such a silly thing. The loverboy's response got her heart beating for days, and she just knew there was no more denying to the way he made her feel.

"I've always wanted to kiss a cute girl with braces, and perhaps bleed in return, but it was worth it." He winks, leaning in to give her a peck on the cheek instead.

She put a lot of thought into it and the next day in class, Ahreum said yes to the first proposal he's ever made. In his mind, that was 1 out of 2 most important questions he had in store for the female that made his heart pound in ways he couldn't explain.

 

Love, it was wonderful.

Days turned to weeks and gradually months turned into years, yet here he was still holding her hand. Dating Sehun was magical, he loved and respected her the way a woman should be given. However, Ahreum knew she lacked both the experience and the confidence to please him in ways a man could only dream of. She knew that was one strong reason for Sehun to walk away from her, especially when there were other girls silently luring him under their spell every now and then.

She spent so many nights thinking of how much better Sehun truly deserved when all she gave him were flushed faces and boners that frustrates him to no end. Coming from a very traditional family, Ahreum was already scared enough on losing her first kiss to someone she has no clear future with and as much as she was dying to be touched by the man she loved, she was terrified he might leave once he got what he wanted. In the end it was just going to be her that lost everything, from her purity to her heart while Sehun could easily walk away w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter