eleven

Hand in Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  eleven

 


A bashful grins paints her face when Sehun breaks the kiss to rest his forehead on hers, fanning her face with his warm breath. He hasn't kissed her like this for quite a while, therefore she is struggling to tame the wild beatings of her heart. Ahreum tucks a few strands of her hair behind her ear as she carefully got off his lap. She observed as Sehun presses down the light wrinkles on his trousers, and the ends of his lips curved upwards to mirror the grin appearing on her face when their eyes met.

In a way, Ahreum was more than happy to know that her hardwork paid off ㅡ Sehun was definitely in a great mood today, his smiles and laughter were a contrast to the frowns and cusses glued to his mouth several days ago.

 

If he's happy, then she's happy.

 

That's all that matters.

 

"Would you like some more?" She almost stutters from asking such a question and was embarrased to see an amused smirk playing on Sehun's lips while he playfully cocked his head to a side. "You want to play again, Ahreum?" he teases, stiffling a laugh when a pink tint coloured her cheeks.

"Joking.. You can have it," he tells her, chuckling when she replies him with a quiet 'oh okay'.

It was almost ridiculous for Ahreum feel this nervous in front of the man she called her husband, making it seem like she was a schoolgirl standing in the shadow of her tall and handsome crush all over again ㅡ only Sehun could make her feel this way, giving her the butterflies and a racing heart as if it was the very first time.

Ahreum snuggles into an armchair nearby, trying to enjoy her snack without having her mind replay the scene from a while ago. She steals several glimpses of Sehun who had his eyes glued to a random show playing on the flatscreen across them, making her ponder of what ran through his mind during the kiss they shared. Sehun's a man full of surprises, she must say.

While contemplating in silence, Ahreum managed to empty the box of chocolate sticks in her hands, causing her to get back on her feet to discard the box in a bin.

 

Once that was done, she pats her hands together and went into the kitchen to grab herself a glass of milk. From her last trip to the doctors, she learned consuming milk during pregnancy would most likely benefit her baby in the early stages of life. Ahreum made it into a healthy habit, by taking milk every morning, noon and twice before bedtime – giving her stomach a light pat each time she finished a full glass. With a contented sigh, she makes her way back into the living room.

 

It was suddenly silent when she stepped in, almost too quiet.

 

The television has been turned off and her eyes searched around the room to find the remote in Sehun's hand. A quiet click was produced on the table across him when he leaned forward to drop the item he was holding. For some reason there was a strange, almost an uncomfortable stillness taking over the space they were in.

Ahreum pursed her lips anxiously, staring at the man approaching her in his wheelchair. The expression on his face was unreadable and inwardly, she frowned to think of how quick his moods seemed to change in a split second. It was only a while ago that the two of them were floating on cloud nine, now suddenly Sehun's back to his distressed state?

What's going on?

Despite feeling utterly confused of the current situation, Ahreum flashed him sweet smile, hoping he'd open up to her in case something seems to be bothering him.

 

"Can we talk?"

 

Sehun cleared his throat a second later, realising how dry his voice was when he muttered those words. He lifts his face to meet Ahreum's puzzled gaze, knowing she's just as nervous as he was to think of the topic they'll be discussing in a moment. With such tension in the air, Ahreum was unsure of what there was to talk about since she couldn't think of anything to begin with. Having that said, Ahreum nods to respond.

"Sure,"

 

The thick atmosphere from the living room followed them inside the bedroom and Ahreum swallows an imaginary lump in when Sehun locked the door behind him. She stands by the closet, watching Sehun move on his own before stopping next to the bed in the center. She finds herself fiddling with her own fingers as endless thoughts began to pile up inside her head.

 

Does he want to lie down? No, Sehun simply rotated himself in the wheelchair to face her instead. He turns his head to a side, gazing into a distance with an uneasy expression on his face. He seems to be deep in his thoughts as well.

 

Was he going to point out something she failed to notice during lunch with his friends? As far she knows, everyone had a swell time and everything ran smoothly according to plan; if not even better. Ahreum froze in her spot when Sehun's eyes locked with hers, making her blink at the way his pink lips curved to flash her a rather apologetic smile.

 

Did Sehun really have a good time or was he simply pretending to be happy for her sake? If that's the case, then she'd be terribly upset at him for putting up an act like that. At this point, Ahreum couldn't help but squint her eyes out of suspicion ㅡ not understanding what Sehun wanted when he motions her towards him, to which she obeys without another word.

The smile on his face slowly fades away when Ahreum stood in front of him. He reached out to hold her hand, heaving a small sigh while closing his eyes.

 

Is he upset at her? If he was then he wouldn't bring her hand close to his lips just to kiss her knuckles, right? Ahreum mentally scratched her head in frustration. She began to grow impatient of the confusing gestures used to stall the silence inside their bedroom; were these just a light refreshment to prepare herself for the heavy main course he was about to deliver?

Sighing, she frowns. She has no idea what's going on right now ㅡ talk to me damn it.

 

"I love you, Ahreum. You know that right?"

His words confused her even more but Ahreum can't seem to deny the warmth that simple sentence brought her.

 

Sehun placed his hands on either side of her hips, taking a minute to inhale deeply before letting his arms wrap themselves around her. Ahreum stiffens in his hold but quickly relaxed herself when he rested his head on her stomach, thinking of the hug as a way of Sehun expressing his gratitude towards her for the wonderful day she gave him. She gently runs a hand through his hair, the dark strands on his head to assure him that she felt the same ㅡ still very clueless of his sincere action.

 

"I love you, both of you."

 

As the meaning of his words dawned on her, Ahreum felt all the air around her disappear. She trembles from the thousands of emotions that washed over them like a tsunami, failing to utter a single word in return. Tears sprung to her eyes the instant Sehun buried his face deeper into her little tummy and because of that, she began to whimper.

This feeling was a hundred times more overwhelming than the night he got down on one knee to propose her. She knew nothing else could ever top this special moment of theirs because even if this was just a dream, Ahreum would never want to wake up from it.

She was over the moon, she didn't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter