Three

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello and thanks to those that have recently subscribed. I also really appreciate those who have commented and I was surprised by the upvote, thanks again <3

I apologize for the slow plot development, it should pick up after this chapter. Anyways, hope this isn't too boring to read >.<

----------

 

Of all the dreams I've had, last night's had to be the weirdest one yet. The nightmares that I have daily, at the very least are reflections of memories from my childhood. But this one is definitely new, and the most absurd thing is how real it seemed. 

I cautiously peeked through one eye and was relieved to not see anyone staring back down at me. I then open the other lid, the digital clock on my desk read 13:36. I must've been extremely exhausted to have slept in so late. I sighed in exasperation when I realized I missed volunteering, and I'll probably have to visit the orphanage next week. 

Carefully reaching backwards, I let out a breath I wasn't aware I'd been holding when I made contact with the cold hard wall. "Just another nightmare." I muttered to myself. 

Although I wasn't sure of the rationalization behind this dream, it just didn't make any sense. I reminded myself to not speak of this in front of Nikki. She'd laugh and tell me it's because in reality I'm testosterone deprived so my mind needed me to be surrounded by men through a dream. And then she would somehow boast that the necklace was already working its magic. 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the thought. At least that's how I imagine the situation to unfold. 

I must've been so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't even hear the door clicking when it opened. 

"Oh good, you're awake." I was greeted with an angelic dimpled smile. "How are you feeling?" Lay, as I recalled, placed a hand on the top of my head. 

My eyes enlarged due to shock. I thought I'd already woken up? But his hand, oddly enough, at his sudden touch a comfortable and relaxing sensation surged through my head. What exactly, was going on? 

Lay's eyebrows furrowed in worry, dimple disappearing as his smile was now replaced with a frown. "What's wrong? Are you alright? Does your head still hurt?" He asked from my lack of responsiveness. 

I shook my head, not in answer to his questions, but because I didn't want to believe this was actually happening, that Lay was indeed standing in front of me. I then resorted to repeatedly pinching my arm. I winced at the pain, the sore site quickly reddening from the strength I was using. 

Crap! I actually felt pain, this had to mean that this is real and not some nightmare I hoped it to be. 

"Hey, stop that!" Lay grabbed my hand while he held his other above the patch of blotchy skin. I never noticed before, but he had a tattoo in the shape of a unicorn on the posterior side of his wrist. It shone when a warm blue glow radiated from his hand?! And I once again felt that familiar alleviating sensation; within the matter of seconds, the pain dissipated. "Why would you inflict pain on yourself?"  

Amidst the consternation and apprehension bubbling within my body, I still managed to yank away from his grasp; completely disregarding his question. "W-what just happened? Who or what are you? And why are you here?" I couldn't even believe I had the courage or ability to speak coherently. 

His lips were parted, as if wanting to give me the answers I've been craving to hear. That was, until a raging voice thundered throughout the entire apartment. 

Instead, Lay sighed, shook his head and walked out the door. Out of sheer curiosity, I followed behind him. 

"You guys have really outdone yourselves this time. In the span of two hours, you've all managed to trash this place, scar her for life and indirectly give her a concussion." A short man who I had no memory of, huffed out. "One job. I only requested that the eleven of you not scare her. It sounds so simple, but apparently I asked too much of you."  He raised his fingers to massage his temples. 

The man seemed to spread a murderous aura, one that rendered everyone speechless. Through the use of their eyebrows, some gestured to Kris to say something, while others practically shoved him closer towards the former. 

Kris sent intimidating glares in their direction before focusing his attention on the shorter male. "Look Suho, if it really bothers you that much, we can just have Tao reverse time." 

"Yeah, problem solved!" The elf eared boy peered over Kris' shoulder and flashed a toothy grin. 

"No, Chanyeol,  problem not solved!" Suho exploded; smoke metaphorically steaming out from his ears. 

At the outburst, Chanyeol ducked down and retreated back to the group

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter