Ten

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you for subscribing and upvoting! I also liked reading your comments! Sorry for taking so long just to update with such a boring chapter. But it's necessary for plot development. 

-------

 

"Roxy!" I heard a voice calling out to me after I'd delivered a cup of cappuccino to one of the occupied tables. 

I turned around and was not expecting to see Vince of all people. "O-oh, hey." As the one memory I had of Vince resurfaced into my mind, I couldn't refrain from stammering. 

He flashed me a charming smile that supposedly had the capability to cause practically the whole population of the girls at our school to swoon over him. "I heard you worked here and I've been wanting to visit. I actually came a few times this week, hoping to catch a glimpse of you. Good thing I decided to come again today." 

Wow, he's quite the smooth talker. Of course, I knew better than to trust him. But it really didn't do me any justice that he had the same towering height as Kris and had naturally attractive chiseled features; not that I would ever admit that to anyone. To my dismay, my cheeks betrayed me and were slowly becoming flushed.

I was suddenly grateful for the loud and over dramatic cough that saved me from the blooming awkwardness; I wouldn't have known how to respond otherwise. 

"Ah, Vince." Xiumin acknowledged in a not so friendly voice; which completely took me by surprise since he's always polite. I followed his line of sight just to avoid having to look at Vince. He eyed my one cornered glowing necklace before glowering at the latter.

Having a knowledge and liking for coffee, Xiumin decided he wanted to work with me at the cafe. We have always been in need of more permanent staff so he would've gotten the job regardless. 

"Xiumin, I didn't know you worked here too." Vince returned cheerfully, his grin unfaltering. 

Upon hearing the comment, Xiumin displayed a look of annoyance, except he didn't even try to to hide it. "Roxy, you go and serve the new customers, I'll take Vince's order." 

As I was just about ready to question his statement, the little bell above the door rang; which indicated someone had walked in. My eyes widened in shock at how he managed to predict this would happen at this exact moment. 

"Welcome to Heaven Cafe!" I exclaimed robotically with a forced smile. "Table for..." I trailed off once I realized who I was speaking with. "What are you all doing here?" 

"Well hello to you too Roxy." Luhan couldn't resist the urge to roll his eyes at my abrupt change in tone while Chanyeol elbowed him before greeting me with an enthusiastic wave.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What are you guys doing here?" I reiterated. 

"Now Roxy, is that any way to be treating your customers? Besides, we needed to make sure you weren't slacking off." Tao teased with a smirk. 

Suho extended a hand to smack Tao upside the head. "Don't listen to him Roxy. We just wanted some drinks and stopped by to say hi." 

"So you guys are ordering to go?" 

"With that guy here, in your dreams." Sehun grumbled incoherently. His usual poker face for some unknown reason seemed to look evidently infuriated today. 

Bewildered, I wasn't sure if I'd heard him correctly. Who was this 'him' Sehun was referring to? "I'm sorry, what was that?" 

Not giving the latter a chance to reply, Kris immediately cleared his throat. "He said he was hungry. So we'll be staying." 

Though I was still skeptical about their antics, I grabbed a couple menus from behind the counter. "Let me show you to your table." I sighed, leading the way to the back of the cafe. 

But since there wasn't a table big enough for 11 people, I had to push two of our biggest ones together. D.O must've noticed that as he voluntarily assisted me. 

Normally, with this kind of gesture, I would've suspected he suffered some kind of head trauma; since we've always kept a distant relationship. But lately, ever since the unspoken incident with my parents, they've all become more bearable. On good days I'd be able to have a genuine conversation with them; even to the point of sharing laughs. Though it was an odd transition at first, I did eventually adjust; technically, I'm still trying to get accustomed to the changes. 

"Thanks." I mumbled, my lips curled slightly in a stiff but sincere smile. They practically gaped then stared unbelievingly at my abnormal behavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter