Hellhounds

Demon

Two days passed by and between the preparations of the new album, learning the new choreographies and jumping all around the country collecting souls, SeokJin was having a hectic schedule.

No one among the band members seemed to point out his sudden disappearances or his change of character as he went from overly cheerful and annoyingly loud to somewhat calm and seemed deep in thoughts most of the time.

All but Jungkook.

He didn't shy out from pointing the sudden change of SeokJin's behavior as the members gathered to have dinner together the first time in a while.

'He's right, is something bothering you?' Namjoon point out after Jin denied Jungkook's worry.

'Guys, are you seriously worrying about me?!' Jin joked out emphasizing the word me pointing to himself with a smirk.

The members exchanged a knowing look before laughing and going back to eat as they told Jungkook to forget it and let him be.

Unconvinced and worried for his bandmate, Jungkook decided to have a private talk with him later that night but when he walked into SeokJin's room he wasn't there. This didn't settle well with him as he was sure he saw the guy walk into his room less than five minutes ago and didn't spot him walk out of it.

He had no idea what to make out of the situation, and seeing how the other members behaved earlier, jungkook now was certain something fishy was going on and he was the only one not informed.

That night, Jungkook was jolted out of sleep by Namjoon's scream. The leader sat up in his bed sweating like a pig, breathing so hard.

'You ok?' Jungkook asked worried, this was the first time Namjoon had experienced such a thing.

'Crazy nightmare' Namjoon was still trying to calm his breathing as Jungkook asked him what was it about. 'Nothing, just some crazy dog' he replied getting back under his covers to get some more sleep while Jungkook sat there watching him for a while and didn't go back to sleep until Namjoon's breathing seemed to go back to normal.

**********

Four days passed and only three remained before the one week was over. SeokJin was already past over half of his list and among the people left are the four members.

'Oh well, it was fun' he nodded to himself as he signed the form with their names and handed it to the return demon employee.

As soon as Jin came back to the house he knew something was wrong. The members were all sitting in a circle looking deep in thought, with no other option,  he went and sat in the only empty spot on the circle while asking them what was wrong. 

They kept their silence a little longer before Namjoon spoke. 

'I'm gonna cut right through the chase, are you collecting our souls? ' 

Jin kept his poker face as he stared right into the leader's eyes while aware of the looks on the other members. Looks of scariness, confusion or hope. He could tell they all already knew the truth yet still hoped for it all to be their imagination. 

He knew by sticking around them during this period this confrontation was bound to happen, once their names were assigned to a hellhound, humans start experiencing nightmares then illusions before the real thing came to them. And when they realize what it was, he'd be the first questioned. 

'wow,  I knew this is going to happen but I admit I didn't think you guys would realize what it was this fast' he laughed it off breaking the eye contact with Namjoon. 

'you liar!!!! We had a deal!! Ten years! We still have five years!! ' Taehyung yelled standing up and the others followed suit. 

'guys guys,  I really don't want this to come between us. We had fun together! I thought we were building something special,  something that can last forever.' 

'you tricked us! You broke our contract!! ' 

'we can't die now!! We're in the middle of a comeback! What would our families think? And our fans?! How will they behave towards Jimin and Jungkook after we're all gone so suddenly?!! ' jhope yelled out pointing a finger to SeokJin and not even trying to keep his calm. 

'aaaaaaaalright this is getting too dramatic for me. This was fun guys,  nice doing business with you but it's time for me to say bye and let's never meet again'

As SeokJin stood their looking confused as to why he didn't teleport and was still in the room with them. Even when he tried to stand up,  he couldn't. 

It was then that he noticed Jungkook walking close to him with a cup of water. Eyeing him suspiciously, he held his breath until, as he feared,  Jungkook spilled the water all over him sending him into a wave of pain. 

'holly water? Seriously kid? ' Jin hissed still not able to move. 

'yeah well, you're not the only one who had been keeping secrets' Jungkook replied moving the carpet under Jin just enough for the red drawing on the floor to be seen. 

'I know what you are demon, and I also know a spell that can send you back to hell for a very long time'

' wow, I expected Jimin to know this,  but you?! I admit,  this never crossed my mind. Where did you learn all this kiddo? ' Jin was getting nervous,  if Jungkook had managed to somehow find out about the spell to keep him in one place,  then he didn't want to take the risk and doubt he really knew the spell to repel him back to hell. He was trying to gain some time to think of a way out or to confuse them,  but they were all watching him silently. 

'guys,  I'm serious. This is nothing personal. You think I wanna do this? To you?! There's nothing I hate more than breaking a promise, especially to my friends. But I have orders. I'm just doing my job' 

'we're not your friends, we never were' Namjoon said then nodded to Jungkook who started reciting the words he had memorized a short while ago. 

'Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, ergo draco maledicte, ut ecclesiam tuam secura, tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos!'

an exorcism? Seriously? ' SeokJin said as Jungkook spoke the first two words,  but soon after the smile on his face faded as pain started to be visible on his face. His body squirmed around as the other spoke louder by the second articulating every word. Right as Jungkook spoke the last word SeokJin started screaming with his head tilted back.

The other members watched in awe and anticipation, waiting for this to be over, and hoping for their lives to be back to normal. 

It didn't take long for Jin to stop screaming, but to the others' horror,  his screams turned into loud laughter as he stood up and walked calmly to Jungkook. 

'I admit, I'm impressed. But too bad for you boy. You picked the wrong demon to mess with' he raised his hand sending jungkook flying back hitting the wall. 

'just a friendly advice, next time you draw a devil's trap,  make sure to draw it right so that you wouldn't accidentally break it yourself' SeokJin moved the carpet showing the trap that was drawn on the floor was wiped out slightly on the side. Something that had happened when Jungkook revealed it with his food and unintentionally wiping a part of it. 

'and as to your ritual,  cause I'm sure you're so confused as what exactly had happened. I mean,  I'm a demon and that was a perfect exorcism, but next time do your research and make sure the demon is using a vessel, and not his own original body' as he said that, he turned back to face Jungkook with his eyes fully red. 

'but I'm really surprised guys!! You really thought sending me back to hell is gonna end this? Guys guys guys,  I told you already, I'm just doing my job. I don't hold the contracts I'm just a salesman.' his eyes went back to normal as he watched them standing at a distance from him looking at one another, waiting for one of them to gather up enough courage to speak. 

'you could've warned us. We're not afraid to die, we knew this was going to happen when we sealed the deal. But not now, not like this. You could've just told us ahead, we might've found another way!' Yoongi finally spoke for the first time that night

'how long do they have left? ' Jimin asked calmly. 

'not much, a day, two at most' Taehyung broke down as he heard this while the other three lost all colors from their faces. 

'I'm really sorry, I wish there was another way'

And with that, SeokJin disappeared leaving them to their destiny. 

**********

Alright guys, to all of you here and for clarifications, here's a picture of the demon trap Jungkook use

https://www.google.com/search?q=demon+trap&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimtvfq1vjVAhXiHpoKHZbxDcgQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=aPaWspv0DBBooM:

(sorry,  I wanted to include a picture but I don't know how as I'm using my phone XD so here's a link to it)