Kim SeokJin

Demon

the world of humans is fascinating. Music, fashion, food, all these stuff I was never able to experience while I was stuck in hell, a mere low grade labor demon. Only stories brought back by those fortunate enough to experience them. 

Unlike in hell, things are daily changing in the world of humans. 

I wanted to experience those things too. I wanted to see for myself the luxury those creatures were blessed with. 

I worked hard to be recognized as a red-eyed demon and be a crossroad demon. 

At first, it was all thrilling. The pleasure of seeing a strong human give in to temptation and greed to the point of giving up eternity for a mere ten years of pleasure. 

Fortune, love, success. As years went by, the same pattern repeated itself. It was always the same requests from different faces with similar desires in heart.

And before I know it, the thrill was gone. 

Things in hell were more chaotic than they ever were. Earth was a battle field as more and more humans seized to believe in either hell or heaven, this was good for the crossroad business, but it made the tension between heaven and hell worsen. 

I personally didn't want anything to do with all of this. This whole quarrel between heaven and hell was dull to me. Even if war was to arise, demons like me are the first to fall as casualties, we held no special meaning to either hell or heaven. 

All I wanted was for humans to stay in this world. For if not for them, I won't be able to enjoy the only thing I still find interesting. 

Food. 

They always seem to find a new way to make it better, tastier. No matter how much I eat, I can't have enough. 

Ever since I came to earth, I believed food was the best thing to lay eyes upon. But one call for a deal changed my opinion. 

It was when I saw him, the angel. 

I've never seen one before, and at first I thought I was looking at God himself. 

He was so bright, brighter than the sun. He radiated warmth and peace. Just standing in front of him made me feel at ease, like all my sins were forgiven. 

But I knew that was just illusion. 

For a demon like me who spent eternity seducing and dragging souls that were meant for heaven to hell, I knew forgiveness was not possible. 

As fascinating and thrilling it was to stand face to face in front of an angel for the first time, I hated the emptiness I felt once I was away from him. 

It was dangerous, I knew that being so close to a warrior of the Lord is dreadful to us demons, but it was easy to notice there was something wrong with that angel. He wasn't the same as what stories I heard about angel encounters told. Stories of demons blown to dust by angels without hesitation. But this angel seemed reluctant to do so. He even allowed me to stand face to face with him And talk to him with disrespect. And those humans he was with, why were they calling for a demon when they had the grace of an angel beside them? 

I thought it was a trap, so I even refused to make a deal, which is something I've never done before. But he didn't even let his wings show.

And that's when I realized, he was hiding. 

They didn't know they had an angel among them, and he didn't want them to know. 

There was something wrong with that angel, and I was intrigued. 

So here I was now, sitting in a room full of sweaty teenagers after asking a favor back from a twister. Those creatures can twist reality to what ever they desired. 

'why are you here?!' the human with the worst haircut spoke as he and his companions from last night stood behind him with the angel. 

'I'm giving you the chance to be the best band in history, the least you expect is for me to make sure you don't get eternity stuck with bad music' I watched as they realised I was here to stay. 

'but how are you going to explain your presence? ' just then a couple of guys came speaking to me casually like we were lifetime friends, showing the four humans and angel that me fitting in was not an issue. For starting that moment, I was to be known as Kim SeokJin, a sure member of their band.