Hug (Haken/Neo)

Drabbles of VIXX

Leo was in his room, trying to work on some new compositions when he realises that his headphone is no where to be found so with lazy steps, instead of going to find it himself like a normal person would, he sets off to find N instead. 

Not even bothering to knock the door, he pushes open the door of N's room and sure enough, N is there, sitting on the bed in a weird position; arms wrapped around himself as if he's hugging himself . 

"Why are you sitting like that? "Leo asks bluntly and N, who doesn't even seem to be startled by the sudden intrusion, merely blinks at him. "Are you cold? "He asks, reaching for the remote of the heater but before he can even fiddle with it, N tells him off. 

"Let it be. "N says in a monotone . "What do you need? "He asks, knowing that the main vocalist wouldn't step foot in his room if it isn't for the fact that he needs something. 

"Ah... my headphone. Have you seen it? "Leo wonders, remembering the real reason he's in N's room in the first place. 

"It's on the kitchen table. "N tells him and he nods, muttering a thank you and is about to walk away but not before glancing at the leader once again. 

"Do you need anything? A hot drink? A blanket? "He offers, thinking that the reason N is hugging himself is because he's cold but N shakes his head. 

"I'm fine. "He says and Leo is about to really leave when he asks another question. "Is Jaehwan home? "

Leo blinks. "Not yet. Why? "

"Can you call him and ask him to come home earlier? "N requests, voice smaller than it was, as if he's embarrassed and frowning, Leo nods eventhough he's very confused. 

"Sure, I guess. "He says and excuses himself to call Ken, who he knows is spending his day off with some of his old friends. 

 

 

By the time Ken comes home, N is sitting on the couch in their living room with Leo not far from him, ears covered with his headphones and a laptop in front of him, working on his composition in which he can just do it in the comfort of his own room but he feels uneasy to leave N alone when its obvious that he's not quite himself so here he is, just watching over N with the corner of his eyes as the leader continue to hug himself and rock his body back and forth as if trying to soothe himself. 

As soon as Ken comes through the door, N leaps to his feet and opens his arms wide. "Jaehwanie. "He sighs in relief and Ken looks lost but only for a split second before he steps forward and gathers N into his arms, hugging the leader very tightly. 

"I'm here, it's okay. "Ken says softly while guiding N to sit back down on the couch yet never letting go of the hug. 

Leo who's now unable to hide his curiosity, shut down the lid of his laptop and takes off his headphones before rising an eyebrow at Ken, who now have N secured in his arms, the leader's face buried in the crook of Ken's neck. 

Ken only stares back at Leo before putting one finger to his lips, signalling the elder to be quiet as he continues to hold N and now even rubbing his back soothingly while muttering sweet words into his ears. 

"You were doing great, hyung. "

"I'm proud of you, we all are. "

N shifts a little and Ken moves his hand to caress the leader's head this time, being ever so gentle. 

"Everything's going to be okay. "

The two of them remain like that for about an hour before N finally sags against Ken, having fallen asleep and Leo, who has stayed there watching them since the beginning, moves to help Ken lay N down but Ken refuses his help. 

"It's okay. I got this. "He assures while very, very carefully letting go of his hug and gently pushes N to lie down on the couch, trying to be as silent as possible as to not wake N back up. 

 

 

"What was that? "Leo demands in a hushed tone as he follows Ken to the kitchen after they had make sure N is in a deep sleep and even covered the leader with Ken's comfort blanket. 

"That what? "Ken asks nonchalantly, reaching for some water from the fridge before gulping it down. 

"Hakyeon. Why was he like that? Why did he--"

"Hakyeon-hyung just wants a hug, that's all. "Ken explains simply but Leo isn't satisfied. 

"That was not just a simple hug, I saw it! He looked very distressed and then when you came he just hugged you and... and... and you just calmed him down? What with that?! "Leo demands,refusing to be kept in the dark. 

Ken sighs."Hakyeon-hyung have a lot on his plate, you know that right? And sometimes it just gets too much even for him and he feels really burdened so during those times, he needs someone to hold him and tell him that he did great and everything's going to be fine and all that. And I just give him what he needs, that's all. "He explains. 

Leo is silent for awhile as he process what he just heard. 

"I'm going to bed now. Don't wake him up, okay? "Ken reminds and is about to walk away when Leo asks him something. 

"Why you? "

Ken frowns. "Why me you ask? "He echoes. 

"Yes, why you? Why your hug? "Leo wonders . "I was there with him the whole time yet never once did he ask for a hug. Why's that? "

Ken scoffs at the question. "Maybe because he's afraid that you'll say no? We all know that you don't like it when he hugs you. "He says matter of factly. 

"It's not that I don't like it.It's just... If he really needs a hug then I won't deny him!He should've just said it. "Leo retaliates and Ken rolls his eyes. 

"How do you think he's going to tell you that? "He asks. "Do you think he'll just come up to you and say, 'hey Taekwoon, I'm feeling really bad right now and I'm upset at myself so I need comfort so can you hug me? 'You think he'll ever say that to you?Or even to anyone? Do you think he'll let you see his vulnerable side like that? "Ken urges and Leo realises that he's right. 

N will never show him his weakness. 

Ken chuckles at Leo's bewildered expression. "And why me? "He repeats Leo's earlier question. 

"Because I never refuse his hug or any of his affection. And because if he needs a hug, I'll give it to him. I don't ask question, I don't , I don't act like I hate it. So, that's why it's my hug that he wants. Not yours or anyone else's. "