Best Hyung (Chasang)

Drabbles of VIXX

Hyuk has always been an adventurous and reckless child, doing things that no one else dares to even when he's reprimanded for it. No one really knows why though, maybe he just loves that sense of excitement and achievement and maybe even pride that comes along with what he's doing.

So that day, when the 6 of the came by the seashore to witness the first sunrise of the year together with each other, no one is really surprised when Hyuk so carefreely run on the frozen surface of water without caring that it might break and he might fall into the cold water. While they're hardly surprised, that doesn't mean that they aren't worried for him though.

"Yah, Han Sanghyuk! Get back here! "Leo yells in concern when the maknae, all giggly, starts stomping on the frozen surface of water. 

Hyuk looks up at him and grins before making a show of ice skating and even twirling on the ice, amused by his hyung's horrified expression.

"The ice is gonna break. "Hongbin mutters flatly, shaking his head at how absurd the youngest is being. He's concerned, yes, but he knows better than to tell Hyuk no because he knows telling the maknae to stop pretty much just encourages him, that maknae of theirs really love aggravating his hyungs. 

"Oh! Looks fun! "Ken says excitedly but before he could actually step on the ice, Ravi pulls him back, knocking his head gently and making him pout. 

"You can't! "Ravi warns in fake anger and Ken puffs his cheek in annoyance.

"But Hyukie can. "Ken sulks. 

"It's not like Hyuk will listen even if--"

"Hakyeon-hyung too. "Ken mutters and immediately, Ravi turns around to see that indeed, N himself is playing in the ice not far from the maknae, slipping here and there thanks to his shoes not being the one meant to walk on ice. 

"Hakyeon-hyung, what are you doing?! Get back here, that's dangerous! "Ravi scolds, realising that N is playing over the area where the ice is thinner but N is too far away to hear him. 

"Hakyeon, do you wanna die?! "Leo yells, making small, careful steps onto the ice to get to N but before he can actually get there, Hyuk beats him to it, the maknae wearing a very concerned expression on his face. 

"What are you doing here?! It's dangerous! "Hyuk scolds, grabbing onto N's arm to stop him from sliding over the ice. 

"But you're playing here too. "N says innocently and Hyuk have to fight back an irritated groan. 

"That's different. I can take care of myself even if the ice break. But you--"

"Are you saying that I can't then? I'm offended, Hyukkie. "N fakes a hurt expression, snatching his arm from Hyuk's hold. 

"That's not --yah, hyung! Get back here! Don't be so reckless, you'll get hurt! "

"Me? Reckless? You're even more reckless than I am. "N giggles, sticking his tongue out at the maknae as he runs away from him but before long, Hyuk manages to catch him and pulls him into the security of his embrace. 

"Aish, this hyung. We'll be worried if you get hurt. "Hyuk mumbles and N gives him a teasing look. 

"We? "He echoes

Hyuk huffs. "Yes, we! Me, especially! Come on, let's go back before Wonshik-hyuny nag his voice away. "He says, letting go of his embrace only to hold onto N's hand and slowly pull him across the ice to get back to land, being careful as to not make the leader slip and fall. 

N turn to look at Ravi and indeed, the rapper is currently yelling at them but it's not like they can hear him anyway so he just smile and waves at him with his free hand. 

"Say, Hyukkie... "He suddenly whispers. 

"What? "

"I... read your interview. "N admits and Hyuk raises an eyebrow. 

"What about it? "He asks. 

"You said that rather than because of the company, the reason you continue to pursue this career is because of us, your hyungs. Is it true? "N wonders. 

"Yes, of course. "Hyuk assures. 

"And you said that I--"

"That you're the hyung that I rely on the most and the main reason why I made it this far. "Hyuk continues for him. "Yeah, I said that. And I mean each and every single word. "

"... but why? I mean, I hardly contribute anything to your success. Everything's thanks to your own hard work. "N says in utter confusion.

Hyuk stops walking abruptly. "Are you serious, hyung? You contributed nothing? "He said almost angrily and N slightly flinch away. "Hyung, do you know how many times I've thought of quitting? How many times I've doubted myself and sometimes even doubted VIXX? I wasn't confident that we will make it this far, that I will get to this point. But thanks to you, who always encouraged me, saying that I did well and that you're proud of me and thanks to you who always make the best decision for VIXX, that we're standing here now. Having reached this point of our career, our lives, my life, hyung... I thank you. For every single thing. "

N stands there, stunned at Hyuk's confession.He's speechless, clueless that Hyuk thinks so highly of him. "I--"

Hyuk smiles. "Thank you so much, hyung. For everything. "He says. "And though I never really say this out loud, you, Hakyeon-hyung, is the best leader and the best hyung I could ever ask for. "

N allows himself to smile and Hyuk eyes twinkle at that. 

"Come on, hyung. Let's get back to them, to our VIXX . "

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N so... as we all know, Hakyeon is enlisting this 4th  of March and though I'm sad about it, which I'm sure all of us are, there's nothing we can do about it since it's his responsibility towards his country. 

So, I've decided to be a good Starlight and wait for not just him but also all of them to go and come back until we get a complete 6VIXX again, hopefully.. 

And in the mean time, I'm still going to support each members activity and I hope you guys do too.. 

Lets not be too sad and have faith in them, okay? 

Love you!