Balloon (Ravi centric)

Drabbles of VIXX

Having lived together for more than 5 years, they thought they know him well. At least better than anyone else. They know most of the things he hates and all the things he like. 

But when they learnt about that one new thing, they really don't know whether to laugh at him or to sympathize him. 

Because seriously, who would ever expect VIXX's cool rapper to be scared of balloon? 

 

 

Today is a special day, a day where 24 years ago, VIXX's rapper, Ravi, was born. In short, it's his birthday. 

The rest of the members wanted to celebrate this special day with him but after hours and hours of waiting and finally deciding to call him, it turns out he's too busy composing for his new songs that he forgot today is his special day. 

And not wanting to wait any longer, the members decide to just bring the party to him rather than waiting to him to actually come home, which may takes forever.  

So, bringing a cake, some food, party hats and balloons with them, they barge into Ravi's waiting room, startling him who didn't expect that they would actually come. 

"Happy birthday, Wonshik! Make a wish, quickly! "N says excitedly once he enters the work room and Ravi shot up from his seat, instinctively turning off his computer as to not let s see his unfinished work. 

"You really came! I said I'm coming home, didn't I? Oh my god, you're going to make a mess of my work room! "Ravi grumbles as one by one, s come filling the room. 

"If we wait for you then we're going to miss your birthday! "Ken points out while struggling to put on the party hat over Ravi's head. 

"True. Now come on, blow the candle and make a wish, I want to eat the cake. "Leo comments and N immediately shoves the cake in front of Ravi's face with a bright, wide smile. 

"Go on! "He urges. 

Sighing, Ravi fixes his party hat, closes his eyes, clasps his hands together and silently makes a wish before he blows the candle. "Thank you for this! "He says sincerely as s cheers. 

Soon, they're all busy taking pictures and serving the food when all of a sudden, one of the balloons that they brought with them popped. N and Ken yelp in surprise while Leo, Hongbin and Hyuk are unaffected by it and as for Ravi, he freezes, letting the plate of cake he was holding drop on the floor and splatters over Hongbin's shoes. 

"Wonshik! "Hongbin whines and being the neat freak he is, he quickly cleans up his shoes and the floor as well, completely unaware that Ravi is now standing motionless. 

"I want some cake! Wonshik give me a slice! "N orders while pouring out some drinks and when Ravi just keep standing there and makes no move to get him his cake, he frowns. "Wonshik, come on, I'm hungry! "He urges yet Ravi just stayed where he is, making him concerned. "Wonshik? "He calls out, finally putting down the bottle of soft drink he was holding to approach the rapper only to realise that Ravi is staring off at nothing with a blank expression over his face. 

"What's wrong with him? "Hyuk demands when he also notices the situation their birthday boy is in. "Earth to Wonshik-hyung? Are you there? "He asks, waving his hand in front of Ravi's face but he gets no response from him, not even a blink. "I think he's broken. "He says out loud, earning them the attention of the rest of the members. 

Hearing that, N becomes even more concerned. "Wonshik, are you alright? "He asks, cupping both of Ravi's cheeks with his hands and a few seconds pass before Ravi finally blinks in awareness, tears gathering at the corner of his eyes.

"Hey, there. You okay? "N demands once more, patting Ravi's cheek gently and Ravi gives him a curt nod so he drops his hand. "You're not going to cry, are you? "N teases and Ravi scoffs. 

"Of course not! Why should I?! "He exclaims but the tears that already gathered at the corner of his eyes betrayed him as they finally flow down his cheeks. 

"You are crying, hyung! "Hyuk points out, giggling at the sight of their weeping rapper. "Are you that touched by what we did? "He asks and Ravi quickly denies. 

"It's not that! "Ravi denies, furiously wiping his tears. "It's just that--"he didn't manage to finish his words when Hongbin comes back from wherever he has gone to and in the process of closing the door, the visual accidentally popped another balloon. 

This time, Ravi gasps loudly before promptly dropping to the floor, as if struck by something. "STOP IT ! "He screams, sounding so terrified that the rest of the members immediately gather around him. 

"What is it? Stop what? "Ken demands as his eyes wander around the room, trying to find what is it that has triggered Ravi's reaction.

Ravi doesn't reply as he's now shaking like a leaf with his eyes blown wide and glazed. 

"What happened? What's wrong with Wonshik? "Hongbin wonders as he peeks at his same aged friend's face but no one have the answer. 

"Someone get him some water. "N orders as he scoots closer to Ravi and pulls him into his arms to try to calm him down. 

Leo quickly does as the leader ordered since he's the closest to the table and as he poured some plain water into a glass, he accidentally popped a balloon in his clumsiness, earning a terrified whimper from Ravi. 

"Is Wonshik... scared of the balloon? "He asks as it suddenly makes sense to him. 

"I don't know. Just hurry up and give me the water. "N urges, holding out his hand so Leo passes him the glass of water. N gently help Ravi to drink and Ravi gulps the water greedily and after a few minutes, his shaking finally subsides. "Do you feel better now? "N asks and he hesitantly nods . 

"What is it that scared you? "Ken asks, both clueless and curious.

Ravi slowly lifts up his hand before pointing at the leftover of the balloons still floating around his work room. "That. "he mutters. 

"I knew it! "Leo says triumphantly. "I told you these balloons aren't needed but you guys insist to take it along. "he complains as he quickly gather the remains of the balloons by their strings. 

"What... are you going to do with that? "Ravi questions, cowering when the bundle of balloon hit the wall. 

"I'm going to take this away. "Leo tells him with a soft smile before he disappears out of the room, being careful as to not pop any more balloon. 

Hyuk suddenly chuckle. "I can't believe our Wonshik-hyung is scared of balloon. "he says in which Hongbin nods along. 

"I'm not scared of just the balloon! I'm scared when it pops! "He exclaims, face burning red in embarrassment. 

"Still, you're scared. "Hongbin comments as he and Hyuk continues to giggle and Ken walks over to them and smack their head.

"You don't laugh at someone for being scared! "Ken scolds, glaring at both the maknaes who seems to shrink under his intense gaze. "Apologise now! "He orders. 

"We're sorry! "Hongbin and Hyuk quickly obeys and luckily, Ravi didn't take their teasings seriously as he just nods and mutters and 'its okay'. 

Just then, Leo returns. "I got rid of them. Now lets eat. "He says. 

N carefully helps Ravi to stand back up, feeling rather apologetic that he, as a leader is oblivious to 's fear. "Sorry for what happened. "He whispers as he finally lets go of Ravi. "I'll be more mindful next time. "He promises which earns him a smile from the rapper . 

"It's okay. It's not your fault. "he assures. 

 

 

A/N I don't know if Ravi is really scared of balloon or not. I just got this idea from that one show where he just drop to the floor when a balloon popped and that fancam during SEA fan meet where Hyuk and Ken were popping balloons and he just stayed far away from them. 

Anyway, hope you like it. 

Thanks!