Seven

That Gucci Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a round of wincing and gritting his jaw, Jeno could finally move as the nurse finish tying the bind around his chest.

"I'm just glad it's just a few bruises this time and not any broken bones" the nurse glared at the orange haired boy who was currently balancing a pen above his lips.

"At least we didn't start it this time. It's their fault for coming to our turf!" Doyoung huffed dropping the pen on the floor.

"Forget it. And I thought I told you to get back to class" she nagged.

"No. You told his friends to get back to class. I, as his sole witness to the accident and not to mention a very concerned sunbae, volunteered to watch over him" he batted his eyelashes.

"You're unbelievable Doyoung" she shook her head in defeat and stood up with the medical kit in her hands.

"Ayy Juhyun noona. You know you love us" he quirked cheekily.

"Make sure you only eat the painkillers when the pain is really unbearable okay?" she prompts ignoring the senior boy.

"Yes, Miss" Jeno nodded accepting the medicine.

"And who should I call to pick you up? Are your parents home?" she asks.

"No. They're on a business trip in Japan" Jeno explained rubbing his nape.

"Then who is taking care of you while they're gone?" she concerned.

"I have a hyung but he's quite busy with work at the moment" Jeno admits.

"I'm sure no matter how busy he is, he would want to know about his younger brother's well being" The nurse points out.

"True" Jeno agrees as he knows how paranoid his hyung can be at times especially whenever he has a case.

"Here, do you know your hyung's phone number?" she asks as she passes the junior her phone.

Jeno merely nods and accepted the smartphone before dialing for his hyung. As he listens to the ring on the other line, the younger glances to both the nurse and his sunbae who has their eyes on him. He perks as he hears his call being put through. 

"Hello," the caller answered.

"Hyung" Jeno brightened but pauses when he realizes that it was only his brother's voicemail.

"- this is Detective Lee. Unfortunately, I can't answer at the moment so do leave a message and I'll be sure to call you back. Thanks"

Jeno pouts as he ended the call not bothering to leave a message as instructed.

"What's wrong?" the nurse asks.

"Ah, it's just that hyung's not answering" the younger explained returning the phone sheepishly.

"Hmm, what about his workplace? I'm sure you can leave a message for him there" she suggested "Here, I'll call them for you. Where does your hyung work at exactly?" she asks taking accepting her phone back and was ready to google for the place.

"My hyung works at the Seoul District Police" Jeno answers.

"Okay, Seoul District.. wait, police?" she repeated surprised.

"Yes," Jeno nods "Well technically he's a detective" he corrected meekly.

Jeno might be wrong but he couldn't help but notice the millisecond of the exchange both the school nurse and the sunbae after he had mentioned his Donghae hyung.

"In that case, I'll just call the station then. Is that okay?" she asks.

"Of course" Jeno agrees as he watches the latter dials on her phone before passing it back to him.

Jeno accepts the phone and merely blinks as he waits for the call to pass through. And soon enough the other end answers.

"Seoul district and county, how I may assist you"

"Minhyuk hyung" Jeno called.

"Yes, this is he and may I know who am I speaking to?" the latter answered formally.

"It's me hyung. Jeno. Lee Jeno" the junior answered with a grin.

"Jeno? Oh! Hey little buddy. What's up?" the officer smiled, happy to hear from the younger.

"Nothing much, it's just could you tell Donghae hyung that he doesn't have to pick me up from school today" Jeno pleads.

"Hmm? All of a sudden? Why? I'm pretty sure your hyung was just telling our team manager he had to leave early to pick you up today" Minhyuk frowned.

"It's nothing. It's just an accident happened and I got a little hurt BUT don't tell hyung that! It'll only made him worry" Jeno added meekly.

"Aigoo. I'll be sure to tell him about not picking you up but no promises on not telling that you're hurt part. You know how your hyung is. He doesn't like it when people keep secrets from him" Minhyuk warned.

"I know hyung. Thank you" Jeno chuckles good naturally.

"Alright then little man, stay safe" the elder nods.

"You too hyung. Bye" Jeno smiled after bidding farewell to his brother's colleague.

After hanging up, Jeno lifts up his head only to be startled at the intense looks both the nurse and Doyoung was giving. The nurse clears before straightening her uniform nonchalantly.

"Thank you, miss. I have informed the station to pass the message" Jeno diligently explains.

"That's good" she smiles accepting her phone back "Wait here while I get your excuse letter for your teacher" she said leaving the patient room to the office.

Jeno watches her leave before looking down to his school shirt and starts buttoning up. At the same time, a certain orange haired senior, has his lips in a thin line while he stared at the younger. Curiously, he walks towards the junior before plopping himself on the edge of the bed.

"So Lee Jeno" Doyoung started, grinning at the younger.

"Yes sunbae" Jeno answered, lifting his head.

"You sure are full of surprises aren't you" he sang.

"Excuse me?" Jeno blinks leaning back.

"It's nothing" he shrugs "It's just Taeyong hyung has been surprisingly taking an interest in you recently, and you've been on our radar ever since"

"Wh-what do you mean?" Jeno stutters unintentionally.

"Care to explain how you and Gucci met?" he asks instead.

"Who?"

"Gucci" he repeated, "Of Blackpink. There's news g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter