Four

That Gucci Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the weekend went by pretty quickly but it's been three days since that one text Jeno got from Jennie last Saturday. He was starting to think that she might be upset that he hadn't walked her home like he intended to before his friends came and ruined it. Sighing out loud, he didn't notice his teacher walking towards him. But when she hit the top of his head with her textbook did only Jeno flinched and looked up.

"I'd appreciate it if you could at least pretend to show some interest to my class Lee Jeno" she quirked arching an eyebrow.

"Apologies Ms Han. I wasn't paying attention" he bowed while rubbing his nape sheepishly.

"Not something I'd expect from the class president that's for sure. Come up and solve the problem in front of the class" she scolded.

With that Jeno got up from his seat and tried his best to solve the problem that they had just learned on the board. After the class finishes and the bells have rung indicating the end of school, Jeno reluctantly kept his things off his desk.

"You alright there buddy?" Jaemin asked leaning on the table next to his friend's "I've never seen Ms Han scold you before. It's either she's really upset with you or she's having her monthly visit" he chortled in attempt to cheer the latter up.

"It's probably my fault. I was the one who wasn't paying attention to her class" Jeno defended with a soft smile.

"Nuh uh. She didn't say anything about sleepy head over there" Jaemin pointed to Haechan who is still snuggled in his arms on his table right at back.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty It's the end of school. Wake up will ya!" He shouted across the classroom.

"Five more minutes" Haechan mumbled incoherently.

"Come on. Let's just leave him. I bet Renjun would appreciate that" Jaemin grinned.

"Ha ha very funny" Jeno smiled shaking his head and headed towards his friend.

"Haechan-ah. Let's go. School's already over" he urged patting the latter on the shoulder.

"Two more minutes. I promise" Haechan mumbled while holding out two of his fingers in the air before plopping them back in his desk.

​​​​​​Jeno laughed he was about to shake his friend again when he felt a buzz. He look at his watch and read the text. His eyes almost popped out of his eye sockets. Jennie had just texted asking whether they could meet.

"I- I- I have to go" he stuttered before quickly running out the class room.

"What? Wait Jeno-" Jaemin called out to him but his friend didn't even looked back "I wonder what's the big rush for" he frowned.

"Isn't it obvious. It's probably that rebel noona again" Haechan yawned, stretching his arms above his head.

"The only rebel I see is you, Haechan" Jaemin deadpanned.

"Come on. I'm hungry" Haechan stood up and grabbed his bag and headed to the door.

Jaemin could only shake his head at his friend's behavior and merely followed him out the door.

 

-In the meantime-

 

At the entrance that led down to the subway station, Jennie was leaning by the wall next to the stairs. She was tapping the end of her shoes on the ground distractedly when her phone chimed. Fishing it out from her pocket she smiled at the text that she got from Jeno, she merely kept it back in her sweater jacket and waited as told.

"You know I still think we should've gone for pizza. I'm getting tired of eating ramen again" a voice echoed from the bottom of the stairs.

Jennie froze. That voice. Straightening up almost immediately she pulled down the cap she was wearing and flip the hoodie of her grey sweater on before leaving the entrance. She headed towards the nearest set of buildings and swiftly slip through an alley. She kept her head down and waited anxiously. Her heart pounded through her ears as she kept reminding herself to be cool and not blow a fuse. As the voices got closer she held her breath, silently chanting in her head for them to not notice her.

When the group of boys finally walks past, Jennie exhaled. She slowly counted to ten before walking to the opening of the alley. She carefully peek out and calmed down even more when the said group turn the corner and out of sight. With her hands still shoved in her sweater pockets, Jennie sighed out loud once again. Then she had just step foot out from the alley when she was grabbed by the shoulder from behind. Instinctively, Jennie took hold of the hand and twisted it behind the latter's back.

"Ah! Noona! It's me!" Jeno croaked.

"OMG Jeno" she gasped as she quickly lets him go "I'm so sorry"

"It's okay" he laughed clutching onto his arm "It's my fault. You're really strong noona" he beamed before wincing slightly.

"Oh you poor thing" she crooned not sure how to make him feel better.

"Don't worry noona. I'm fine. Really" he assured nodding quickly making her soften.

"Next time don't sneak up on me like that. I'm not a fan of surprises" she chide.

"Okay noona. I'll be sure to remember that" he grinned making his eye crescents to appear.

"Aigoo" she chortled as she ruffles his hair.

Jeno blushes and ducked slightly at her touch but then continued grinning nevertheless.

"Come on. Noona is going to bring you somewhere special" she said before shoving her hands back in the pockets of her sweater.

The younger merely nodded and followed as Jennie led him back to the entrance of the subway. As they step down the stairs, Jennie glanced over her shoulder and sees him trying his best to catch up with her amongst the crowd that too were going down to the subway. Noticing his slight struggle she slowed down her pace and continued coming down the steps until he was next to her.

After scanning their cards each, well smart watch for Jeno that is, they stood at the platform to wait for the train. Jeno can't help but feel excited. He stared right next to him where she was standing and bit his bottom lip from grinning too wide. He loved how she was at such a perfect height only reaching to his ears. She notices him staring and looked at him which he quickly turns and faces forwards. Jennie scoffed lightly and shook her head with a smile. The younger really is too cute.

When the train finally arrives, they waited till the people on board got out before going in themselves. Since it was also the time where people usually ended work and school, it was no surprise that the train was packed. Figuring that there were no empty seats, Jennie headed to the wall on the other side and lean back. She notices Jeno being slightly cramped in between the other passengers so she pulled the sleeve of his coat so that he could break free and stood right in front of her.

Gulping, Jeno was wide eyed at the proximity he was standing in front of the pretty noona. Unlike her who was nonchalant about it, Jeno was nervous to the bones. He kept his lips and trying his best to look anywhere else but her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter