Five.

That Gucci Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's been a while my foot. I just saw you this morning" the lady pretended to kick Jennie by the shin.

​​​"Eonnie stop" Jennie whined uncharacteristically.

"You little gizibe. I told you to stop coming here didn't I" the elder chide as she placed the tray brownies on the counter top before pushing Jennie through the doors so that she could stand next to Jeno.

"And you brought a friend. Excellent. Which one are you? The dancer wannabe or the rapper wannabe?" She scowled facing the boy.

"E-excuse me?" Jeno blinked.

"This is my new friend. The one that I told you about" Jennie quickly defended with a knowing gaze making the elder blinked before realisation hit her.

"Ohhh so you're the infamous Puppy that our Gucci has been talking about" the lady grinned "Nice to meet you Puppy. The name's Sandara Park but you just call me Dara noona for short" she held her hand out.

"Hello Dara noona. My name is Lee Jeno. It's nice to meet you" he bowed as he shook her hand.

"Lee Jeno huh? Now that I think of it. You do look awfully familiar" Dara frowned leaning forward to look at him closer "By any chance do you have an older brother?"

"I-I do. I have two actually" he nodded leaning back a little from the proximity of where she is.

"Eonnie. We're starving. Can we have the usual pretty please?" Jennie interrupted as she snapped the elder's attention away.

"Argh you annoying squirt. At this rate I'll go out of business because of you" Dara huffed with her hands on her hips.

"I love you eonnie" Jennie kissed her on the cheek before pulling Jeno at the end of the cafe where the corner booths were.

"Slide in puppy" she urged pushing the younger in which he obediently complied.

Jeno looked around and felt the soft leathered cushion underneath him. The cafe really is cozy. With potted plants hanged around the walls of the cafe, a large chalkboard menu and paintings of flowers and beautiful scenery could be seen. He smiled before turning to face his pretty noona who was busy looking at the menu she had snatched earlier from a nearby table.

"What?" she chuckled as she notices him staring.

"It's really nice here noona. Thank you for bringing me" he beamed.

"You haven't even had anything to eat yet" she laughed.

"I know but judging how you were with Dara noona earlier, it made me feel like you've brought me somewhere that's special to you. And I''m just honoured that you're sharing this place with me" he admitted shyly.

Jennie softened. It is true that this place is special to her but she didn't think too much of it and just wanted to treat the younger to some good food. And there isn't a better place then the cafe that her friend owns.

"Alright you troublemakers. Here's your food" Dara said as she placed a large pan of cheese tteokbokki with French fries on the sides.

Jeno eyes widen at the dish and his mouth unconsciously started to water.

"Can we get something to drink too eonnie?" Jennie asked batting her eyelashes prettily.

"Aigoo" Dara hit Jennie's shoulder repeatedly.

"Ow eonnie! It hurts!" Jennie whined.

"I-it's okay noona. I don't have to have a drink. This is enough. Thank you" Jeno assured.

"Wow" Dara scoffed stopping her actions "You're right Gucci. He is an angel" she smiled.

"I told you" Jenny winced rubbing her shoulder.

"You're different Puppy. I like you" Dara smiled wagging her finger before leaving you two alone.

"Are you okay noona?" he asked really worried.

"I'm fine. It's not something new" Jennie laughed it off and continued rubbing the sore spot.

"Do you and Dara noona always fight?" he squeaked out of curiosity.

"You can say that" Jennie nodded "Dara eonnie is the closest I have to a mother" she admitted.

"Noona.. are you an..?" he blinked not sure if he could finish his question.

"An orphan? Is that what you were going to say puppy?" she smiled earning a timid nod from the younger.

"I guess you can actually call me that. I mean my dad ran away from home when I was little so I have no memories of him whatsoever" she shrugged as she started poking a tteokbokki before lifting it to .

"And your mother?" Jeno asks softly.

"Died after giving birth to me" she answered.

"I'm so sorry noona" he apologised feeling absolutely guilty.

Unlike her Jeno had a wonderful family, that despite they were all usually busy with work. They'd still supported and loved him endlessly.

"What about you puppy?" she perked trying to change the mood "You said before that you have two older brothers right?"

"That's right" he nodded "One of them owns a restaurant called Grill5 while my other hyung is a detective on the police force"

"A detective? How interesting" she nodded chewing on another tteok.

"It's pretty cool. Even though I rarely seem them nowadays" he admitted.

"Why is that?" she asks before offering a rice cake to the younger.

"I-it's because my eldest hyung is already married so he's staying with his wife and kids" he stuttered as he accepted the tteok she was feeding from her fork.

"And the detective?" she continued not aware of how the younger was blushing at her actions earlier.

"Hyung lives alone. He said it's better that he lives closer at the station" Jeno answered clearing his throat slightly before taking off his coat and folding it.

"Are you feeling hot?" she blinked.

"Just a little" he admitted.

And right on time, Dara came back with two jars of drinks as she placed them on the table.

"As expected. Dara eonnie jjang!" Jennie praised giving her a thumbs up.

"Argh you dork. Scoot over" she scolded making the latter to move.

"So puppy, I heard this gizibe here saved your . Is that true?" she questioned snatching a fry.

"Yes. Jennie noona stopped a guy from hurting me" he nodded as he watches the girls continued eating while looking at him quizzically.

"And you just decided you want to be friends with her just like that?" Dara interrogated.

"Yes" he answered immediately.

"Like I said, I like you" she approved making Jennie to smile which in return made Jeno smiled.

After getting a brownie each, the two students bid farewell to Dara and were now walking back towards the underground subway. To say Jeno was on cloud nine was an understatement. After spending time with his pretty noona, Jeno found out a lot about her than he ever thought of. He learnt that Jennie used to be in an orphanage after her father had left her. But now she's currently staying together with Dara on a rooftop at a building near the outskirts of the city. He also discovered that Jennie sometimes works at the new club next to the playground they went the other day. She assured him that even though that she's clearly underage, all she does is wipe glasses and that her co-workers are her friends that she grew up with at the orphanage.

"I had fun tonight Puppy" Jennie chimed as they left the subway station and had arrived back in their parts of town.

"Me too noona. Thank you again for dinner. Next one is on me" he beamed.

"Whatever you want Puppy" she chuckled before stopping short as she recognizes a group in front of them.

"What's wrong noona?" Jeno blinked as he look at where she was staring at.

"We have to go. Now" she whispered as she grab Jeno's hand to turn the other way.

"Yo Gucci! It's you aren't ya" a voice hollered making Jennie to freeze.

"Puppy, you need to leave. Go" she pushed him forward as she turned to face the boys.

"Hey guys" she drawled "What's up?" She faked a grin.

"Noona? Do you know those guys?" Jeno asked petrified as the group of boys headed their way.

"Kind of. Now go. I'll text you later tonight okay?" she assured giving him a small smile before meeting the boys half way.

Jeno watched as the boys gathered around her and pulled her in for friendly hugs and pats on the head. One boy however squinted past them to see Jeno still standing where Jennie was at before. Flinching as he was caught staring, Jeno turned the other way and headed back home. His heart hammered in his chest as he thought whether was i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter