Life of Crime

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Ene_Chan03

So basically after reading the baekchen one with detective!baek and teacher!Jongade I really liked it no wait I LOVED IT and I was wondering if you could make a layhun one where Sehun is an ex-gang boss and Yixing is a university student and knows Sehun was a gangster before. So one day the gang that was Sehun's gang enemy kidnapped Yixing to get Sehun.

 

Word count: 3129

 

 

 

 

 

If Sehun were to sum up his life currently, he could do it in one word; ordinary, and he was just fine with that. In fact, he was more than fine with it.

 

His life hadn’t always been ordinary, however. Before it had been full of crime; blood, drugs, torture, gun fights – you name it. His life hadn’t just been full of crime, he was crime.

 

Sehun had been the leading man in Korea’s underworld, the key word being had. The position had been passed down to him from his father, though he had earned that title through his own blood, sweat and hard work. He was ruthless and people feared him. Just the mention of his name had most terrified.

 

But while he suited the job perfectly, he had been raised into it after all, it wasn’t what he wanted for himself. While most would be envious of his wealth and his power, he wanted nothing more than a mundane, so called normal life. Only a select few closest to him knew of his desire for normalcy and Sehun trusted those few to keep it to themselves.

 

While Sehun had yearned for it, dreamt about it, he never thought it would be something he could ever experience. Though, that proved to be an assumption that he shouldn’t have made.

 

He had underestimated just how loyal those that were close to him were. During a conflict with a rival gang, Sehun had been shot and declared dead. Now that wasn’t entirely true. He did get shot and it hurt like a , but he did not die, not that the rival gang would have known that.

 

The next day, after being patched up, his right hand had issued him a new identity and secretly whisked him away, though not before witnessing his own funeral and the promotion of his right hand as the new head of the gang.

 

He was finally free to live the life he had always wanted.

 

While it was something that he had always wanted, the transition hadn’t been easy. Adjusting was hard. He was so used to constantly being on guard looking out for attacks, having to keep that cold, almost expressionless mask on his face, that it was difficult to be a normal person trying to live a normal life.

 

He was twenty five years old and didn’t know how to live like a young man of his age.

 

The first step that got him on the right track was his job at a car dealership as a salesman. He hadn’t been looking for it, but the owner had been desperate and offered him the job as he had been walking past. Sehun didn’t know if he could do it, but the owner seemed impressed enough with him and the next thing he knew, he had a job, an income, that he earned through honest work.

 

The next step in his life came one year after the beginning of his so called normal life. Love had been so far out of his mind that it had sort of hit him out of nowhere. On his usual route to work he had decided to stop at this café that he had always walked past yet never once looked twice at it. Walking in he had immediately been greeted by a melodious voice, one that had Sehun zeroing in on the maker of the voice.

 

What he saw nearly took his breath away. There, smiling at him, was probably the most gorgeous person that he had ever seen. A small, delicate face framed by fluffy blonde hair, bright eyes and perhaps the cutest, deepest dimple ever.

 

After that he made it a habit to stop by on the way to work and most days would be greeted by the same man whose name he learnt was Yixing. It was a foreign name, Chinese, and Sehun wondered what the young man was doing in a country that was obviously not his own.

 

After a few weeks it was Yixing that finally made the first move, writing his number of the side of his coffee cup, flashing a shy but hopeful smile at Sehun as he handed the cup over to him, a smile that Sehun returned.

 

Two days later they had their first date where Sehun learnt that Yixing was a twenty year old music composition major at the local university who had made the difficult decision to study abroad instead of in his home country. In a way Yixing was just like him, willingly into an unfamiliar territory to achieve his dream.

 

Sehun couldn’t remember the last time that he had smiled and laughed so much, couldn’t remember that last time he had felt this free, almost like a weight had been lifted off him. It was indescribable.

 

Two weeks after their first date they officially became boyfriends. Six months into their relationship Sehun took them out to a nice restaurant where they celebrated their six month anniversary. Ten months into their relationship Sehun invited Yixing to move in with him and Yixing had hugged and kissed him, whispering ‘I wondered how long it was going to take you.’

 

And only one year into their relationship did Sehun finally reveal to Yixing the life he had lived before they had met. Yixing had listened, quiet and attentive, as Sehun divulged all of the details, hiding nothing. Sehun hadn’t known if he was making the right decision but knew that a relationship filled with lies was doomed to fail.

 

“I’ve done horrible things, unspeakable things,” Sehun whispered, eyes down, unable to look at Yixing.

 

“You have,” Yixing agreed and Sehun tried not to flinch, “but you’re not that person anymore.” Sehun looked up at his lover with eyes full of disbelief and hope.

 

“Everyone has done things that they regret, some worse than most, but what really matters, what really sets aside the good from the bad is what they do in the aftermath. Do they try to better themselves? Or do they continue on the same path, making the same bad decisions?”

 

“Xing, how can you…”

 

“I’m not saying that I agree with what you’ve done and I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel sick,” Yixing cuts in, “but it wasn’t something that you wanted. You were raised into it and did what you had been trained to do. I can’t fault you for that.” Yixing held Sehun’s face in his hands. “You’re a good person Sehun, I know that more than anyone and I love you.”

 

And those words had meant more to Sehun than anything he had heard beforehand. He knew that there could be no forgiving the horrible deeds that had been done by himself or by his order, but Yixing’s understanding was all he needed.

 

He was happy. He was free, his previous life completely behind him, left in his past.

 

Or so he thought.

 

~X~

 

 

Sehun knew something was wrong the second he walked through the door.

 

The lights were off, and all was quiet but more importantly, there was no Yixing there to greet him. His heart began to beat faster as he took a step into their apartment, his hand inching up to flick on the light switch. The entry way looked exactly the same as it always did; a table against the left wall, a line of shoes near the step, a few coats hanging from their hooks. Nothing seemed out of place but still, Sehun knew that something just wasn’t right.

 

“Yixing, I’m home…” Sehun called out only to receive no reply. Swallowing hard, Sehun walks forward and around the corner, darkness once again meeting him.

 

Flicking the living room light on, the blood in his veins turns to ice, dread immediately settling in. The space is in disarray; coffee table knocked over, vases and glass smashed on the floor, picture frames turned over and spread across the room. It was a mess.

 

But what had his heart nearly leaping out of his chest was the blood spots. That could only mean one thing. Yixing was hurt and if there was blood that was a huge problem. Yixing was a haemophiliac so who knows how much blood he had actually lost, how bad he was hurt.

 

But what caught his attention was the red rose on the couch, a folded piece of paper sitting underneath it. Mechanically Sehun walks over and takes it. Without reading it he knows who it’s from. The red rose was a dead giveaway and it didn’t bode well.

 

You thought you could hide

But there’s no hiding for people like us

We’ve come to take revenge

And what better way to do so then to take the one closest to you

 

Sehun’s whole body begins to shake with a number of emotions; anger, fear, anxiety. He thought he was out, that he would never have to step back into the shadows, that Yixing would never have to experience or be affected by his previous life of crime, but he was dead wrong and he was paying the price.

 

Throwing the letter on the floor he runs his and Yixing’s room. Once he’s in there he heads straight for the closest. Pushing the clothes to the side, he presses on the wall which opens, revealing an arsenal of weapons and a phone, items he thought he would never need but installed as a precaution, one habit that he hadn’t been able to leave behind.

 

He reaches out and grabs the hand gun, staring at the piece of mental in his hand. It’s been a while since he’s held one but the feeling is all too familiar. He stares at the gun for a little longer before placing it in the waistband of his pants before grabbing the phone. Selecting the only contact in the phone he presses ‘call’, the phone ringing a few times before it is picked up.

 

“Chanyeol, I need your help.”

 

 

~X~

 

 

“You’re the one person I hoped I would never see again,” Is how Chanyeol greets him grimly, clapping Sehun on the shoulder.

 

“As much as I love you I hoped the same,” Sehun shares his former right hands sentiments. “You have everything ready?”

 

“Of course,” Chanyeol answers without pause, “I’ve put together my best team. They’re on standby waiting for orders.” Sehun nods, mouth pressed into a thin line.

 

“How’d they find out? We made sure there was no trace.”

 

“I’m honestly not sure,” Chanyeol lets out a breath, hand coming up to run through his hair. “But what I can tell you is that they have connections everywhere. They may have been a small and relatively unknown gang years ago but they’ve managed to make their way up the chain. Next to us, they’re one of the leaders.” He tells Sehun.

 

“I don’t care who they are. I want them to pay.” Sehun clenches his fist. All he can think about is Yixing. How is he? Is he hurt? Is he even still alive? Those thought have fear coursing through his veins. He promised that he would protect Yixing.

 

“We’re ready when you are.” Chanyeol prompts.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

The entire way to the warehouse everyone is silent, the tension palpable. Most of those in the vehicle had been there when Sehun had been the head and knew how dangerous the former boss had been, know that when he’s silent that should be as well.

 

“ETA three minutes.” Calls the driver, the occupants in the vehicle sitting up straighter, hands clutching their weapons tightly. Sehun has his own gun sitting on his lap, head titled back, eyes closed and jaw clenched.

 

He feels strangely calm, his previously supressed instincts surfacing once again. He barely twitches when the vehicle stops. The men watch him, waiting for a cue to go into action. They may answer to Chanyeol now, but Chanyeol isn’t here and were given direct instruction from their current boss to follow all orders from Sehun and no one else. After a moment Sehun opens his eyes and flicks them over to them.

 

“Get ready. Kill anyone that gets in your way.” Sehun orders, loving when they all nod in affirmation. “Fan out in two man teams, I want the entire warehouse covered. You two,” he point to the two directly in front of him, “You’re with me, the rest – Go.”

 

They all jump out of the vehicle and disperse to cover different parts of the warehouse, Sehun and his two men heading towards the back and through the doors. Sehun knows where he’s headed, he’s been here before and knowing the gang that had taken Yixing gave him a good idea where they were keeping him. He would have preferred to go alone, but Chanyeol informed him that there was no way he would allow Sehun to go without back up.

 

Sehun marches through the warehouse, his destination clear in his mind and the two men following on close behind him, guns raised and ready to fire if necessary. In the distance gun shots can be heard. The fight had started and the enemy knew they were there. Sehun knew it would be long until they encountered the enemy as well.

 

Just as they turned around one of the many corners did they spot one of the gangs men. Before the man could even raise his weapon he was on the floor, a slow and steady puddle of blood forming under his body. Sehun didn’t even flinch.

 

They continued their journey throughout the warehouse. All of the walls looked the same and any other person would have gotten lost, but not Sehun. He had the route mapped and permanently stored away in his head. After minutes of traversing through the halls, Sehun finally comes to a staircase that leads down. He stops before walking down, turning around to the two men and placing a finger on his lips, the two men nodding in understanding.

 

As quiet as a mouse, they take the long stairway down. Sehun feels his heart begin to pick up speed and he can hear his blood pumping through his veins. He’s close, so close, to reaching Yixing. He hopes that he’s okay, hopes that he’s not hurt, hopes that he’s still alive. If he wasn’t, his whole world was gone.

 

When they finally reach the bottom they continue down another hallway that leads towards a single door. It doesn’t take them long to reach the door, pausing when the get there. Placing his ear up against the door, he listens carefully. He hears footsteps and muffled talking.

 

Taking a deep breath, he resolves himself and grips his gun tight, resting his hand on the door ready to push open. It’s over in a few seconds. As soon as Sehun pushes open the door he spots his target and shoots, the men behind him doing the same thing, After the echo of the gunshots the only sound is a sound that Sehun never wanted to hear; Yixing’s crying.

 

Dropping his gun he rushes over to Yixing and immediately takes in the others condition. His face is bruised and there’s a cut on his foreheads that’s bleeding sluggishly but otherwise he seems alright. Removing the ropes that had been confining is easy and as soon as they’re removed his finds a sobbing Yixing in his arms.

 

“Sehun, oh god Sehun!”

 

Sehun hugs him tight and cradles the back of his head, Yixing pressing his face into the crook of Sehun’s neck.

 

“I’m here Yixing, I’ve got you.” Sehun whispers.

 

“I was so scared.” He whimpers.

 

“I know but I’m here, I’m here and I’ve got you. You’re safe, you’re safe.” He rocks them back and forth.

 

Sehun doesn’t know how long they stay on the floor, Sehun just holding a crying Yixing in his arms as he tries to stop the tears from falling. By the time that Yixing’s cries had turned into sniffles all of the student’s body weight was pressing into Sehun’s body, him being too exhausted from everything to himself up.

 

“Sir, the building is secure.” One of the men step closer to inform Sehun, who turned his head sightly and nods.

 

“Good,” he says stiffly before pressing his lips to the side of Yixing’s head, “I’m getting you out of here baby. I’m taking you home.”

 

Standing up, Sehun carries Yixing’s smaller body out of the warehouse, praying that he would never step foot in there again. As Yixing sleeps in his arms, he wonders if he deserve to have someone like Yixing, someone so pure and innocent. It was because of him that Yixing was hurt.

 

“Don’t.” A small but familiar voice breaks him out. Looking down he sees Yixing exhausted and barely opened eyes fixed on him. “Sehun, don’t.” he doesn’t elaborate but Sehun knows what he means.

 

“Okay.” He smiles, Yixing giving him a small but genuine one back.

 

 

~X~

 

 

“As far as we’ve been able to find, no one else knows that you’re still in the land of the living,” Chanyeol informed him.

 

Sehun sighed. “That’s a relief.”

 

“We’ll keep an eyes on things and if we find something, I’ll call you personally,” Chanyeol promised him, “But in the meantime, I think you and your man are in need of a break.” He smiled and Sehun couldn’t agree with him more.

 

Yixing was still shaken from the ordeal. Sehun had told him everything about his previous life but to actually be into the reality was something else entirely. Being told about something and actually experiencing it are two completely different things and to top it off, Yixing had witnessed him kill a man. He may have been the one that had taken and hurt Yixing, and he knew of Sehun’s past dealings, but Yixing had still seen him end a life. There were bound to be scars.

 

Yixing panicked when Sehun left his sight, and Sehun knew that remaining in the apartment was not doing them any favours.

 

“How do you feel about going on a vacation?” Sehun asked while Yixing was cuddled to his chest after a particularly bad nightmare that had him screaming until Sehun had shaken him awake.

 

Yixing smiles despite the dried tears on his face..

 

“I would love that.”

 

Walking hand in hand down the shoreline of a beach in the tropics, they enjoy the feel of the sand on their bare feet, the sound of the waves crashing together, the smell of salt, the wind as it flows through their hair and the sun as it caresses their skin.

 

‘It’s perfect’ he thinks as he thumbs the box tucked away in his pocket.

 

Sehun looks to the future, a future with Yixing by his side.

 


Uh... surprise?

This update was a long time coming. I had been debating whether or not to post this for a few days as I didn't turn out the way that I had originally planned it. But I thought that I had left you all waiting long enough. This may be editing at a later date but as for now this is it. Sorry it took so long. I didn't expect it would take my until 2019 to update this. A part from being busy with University and work, I've found it difficult to get back into writing after taking such a long break. Before it was so easy but now it's a bit of a struggle to even get words down onto the page. I've sort of been jumping between other fanfic projects that I've had for a while, however I haven't written enough in any of those to post either. To top it off, due to changes in my course outline I am now currently taking a Summer unit, which was very last minute information. But enough of that...

For all y'all wondering what I think of EXO's comebacks, I loved, loved, loved them! I haven't been able to keep up to date with all of the happenings in Kpop, and I've stayed away from all of the awards shows as well. I've been taking more of a back seat the last 5 months or so to focus more on myself and my studies.

I want to wish you all a happy new year! May 2019 bring great things to everyone :D

P.S. Support Jongin and Jenni! I wish them all the happiness in the world <3