"How Could You?"

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by xiuchenfan

Pairing - Xiumin/Jongdae (main), past-Xiumin/Luhan

When Luhan comes for a visit, Xiumin introduces him to Jongdae. Jongdae feels threatened by the fact that Xiumin and Luhan are still friends after breaking up, especially since Luhan seems pretty much perfect. He's jealous and worried that Xiumin might decide to get back with Luhan over him, so he can't help giving Luhan the cold shoulder. Luhan, sensing that Jongdae doesn't like him, decides to clear the air by revelaing something Jongdae never knew: Luhan and Xiumin were still dating when Xiumin started going out with Jongdae. Jongdae was actually "the other man" who broke Xiumin and Luhan up, but he never knew. Xiumin mever told him. (Luhan: "If anything, I should be the one who hates you.")

*Maybe Luhan went back to China for work/school and he and Xiumin were ina long distance relationship when Xiumin met Jongdae.

*Luhan is kind of a saint. He doesn't hold anything againt Xiumin and they are really good friends and he likes Jongdae because he makes Xiumin happier than he ever was when they were together.


 

 

Word count: 5550

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae knew about Luhan. Oh, did he know about him.

 

He knew Minseok – his boyfriend might he add – had dated Luhan once upon a time. Knew that Minseok had loved him dearly by the way that he always talked about him. Jongdae also knew there was something in Minseok’s face and voice whenever he talked about the Chinese man that he couldn’t identify that had him question his boyfriend, the elder only replying with a tight smile and a ‘It’s in the past, don’t worry about it’. He knew they had dated for three years, their relationship ending because Luhan had gone back to China for university and a long distance relationship just wasn’t working out for them.

 

“It was for the best.” Minseok had told him. “We were just hurting each other.”

 

When Jongdae had first started dating Minseok he had no idea who Luhan was. He had seen the pictures around the elders apartment, of Minseok with his arm around a taller man. They looked happy. He had assumed that the man must have been Minseok’s best friend and he hadn’t been wrong, except it was a little more than that. They had dated.

 

Jongdae had been hurt that Minseok hadn’t told him about Luhan but also knew that he had no obligation to do so in the first place. They had both dated other people in their lifetimes so they both had exes. It really shouldn’t have bothered him but the fact that Minseok always spoke of Luhan so fondly had his stomach flipping and it wasn’t a good feeling. He knew they still talked, knew that even after the breakup that they were still friends and he was okay with that. But that was okay because Luhan was in China and there was no way that he would ever meet him, right?

 

Wrong.

 

Because here Luhan was, standing at his and Minseok’s door with a suitcase sitting by his leg, a disarming smile on his way to pretty face. He knew he was being impolite but he couldn’t believe it. The man he thought he would never see was standing in front of him, his boyfriends best friend, his boyfriends ex.

 

“Hi I’m Luhan! You must be Jongdae.” Luhan says holding his hand out to shake, knocking Jongdae out of his thoughts.

 

“Oh uh, hi.” Jongdae shakes Luhan hand unconsciously, wanting to pull it away as soon as he realises he’s doing it. He tries to smile at the Chinese male and while his lips do pull up he doesn’t know how convincing it actually is. “Um come in.” Jongdae steps to the side and Luhan drags his suitcase in, Jongdae shutting the door behind him.

 

He doesn’t know why he’s so surprised. Minseok had told him that Luhan was moving back to Korea and would be staying with them until he found himself a place. He is uncomfortable with it but he didn’t want to see the down look that would have come onto Minseok’s face of he had refused to let the Chinese man stay with them.

 

After lightly banging his head against the now closed door he makes his way back down to the hall only to see Luhan with a photo frame in hand, eyes staring intently at it. Jongdae walks closer and despite the situation he can’t help but smile at the picture. It was one of him and Minseok on their one year anniversary a few years ago.

 

The elder had taken him out to the dinner earlier that night before driving them to the beach. Covered with their thick winter coats they had sat on the jetty to watch the sunset. As the sun had begun to rise Minseok had kissed him and Jongdae had been too distracted to hear the distinct sound of a picture being taken. It wasn’t until the next day when Jongdae had noticed a new picture on his fridge did he realise. He had framed the photo immediately and felt like a little school girl with how much his heart had fluttered when he looked at it.

 

When Luhan notices him he smiles before setting it back down. “Where’s Minseok?” he asks and Jongdae feels his stomach curling at those two words.

 

“Still at work. He should be home soon though.” He answers. He’s about to say something else when Luhan yawns loudly. “You look tired. Maybe you should sleep?”

 

“I could definitely use some rest.”

 

“Okay. I’ll uh, show you to the spare room then.”

 

Jongdae walks off to the spare room, the sound of Luhan’s suitcase rolling across the floor telling Jongdae that he’s following. Jongdae flicks the light on when he gets to the door way, moving aside so Luhan can enter his temporary accommodation. The Chinese man looks around the room and Jongdae stands there awkwardly, not really knowing what to do or what to say.

 

“It’s not much but…” Jongdae trails off. He doesn’t know why he’s so self-conscious, why he wants to try so hard for the man who is still essentially a stranger to him, someone who he doesn’t want anywhere near his house. So why is he trying so hard to impress? Why does he care?

 

“No it’s fine. Perfect actually. “ Luhan replies as he sits on the bed, hands feeling the material of the comforter. “I want to thank you for letting my stay here until I find my own place.” He says sincerely, it showing in his eyes.

 

“Of course. Any friend of Minseok’s is a friend of mine.” He answers and tries not to grimace as the words were coming out of his mouth. It’s awkwardly silent for a moment. “Well I’ll uh, leave you alone.” Jongdae steps back and closes the door gently.

 

He stands there for a while before heading off to the couch only to sit down heavily upon it. He leans back on the chair, head angled up to the ceiling and sighs. He doesn’t know if he’s going to be able to survive this arrangement.

 

When Minseok returns home from work the first thing that comes out of his mouth is, “Where’s Luhan?” No kiss, no hug, not even a simple greeting, just ‘Where’s Luhan?’

 

Jongdae hides his disappointment behind a smile. “He’s sleeping.”

 

Minseok hums. “I’ll just have to catch up with him later then.” He puts his keys on the table and them comes over to Jongdae and – finally – wraps his arms around his waist and presses a kiss to his lips. Jongdae smiles genuinely this time, his earlier disappointment forgotten.

 

“Dinners ready if you’re hungry.” Jongdae mumbles in between kisses and laughs when a playful had moves from his waist to his .

 

“I could definitely eat.” He smirks, giving the flesh a squeeze that has Jongdae nip Minseok’s bottom lip in warning.

 

“If you’re a good boy and eat all of your dinner then there may be some desert waiting for you.” He whispers coyly into the elders ear, the hand on his waist tightening.

 

“Mm, I like the sound of that.”

 

 

~X~

 

 

When Jongdae wakes the next morning the absence of Minseok’s warm body next to his is the first thing that he’s aware of. He blinks bleary eyes opened in confusion, the confusion growing when he looks at the clock and sees that it’s not even seven yet. On weekends Minseok isn’t usually up until eight at the earliest.

 

Sliding out of bead he slips on one of Minseok’s shirts and a pair of boxes before padding out of their room, running a hand through his dishevelled hair. He freezes at the entry way to the kitchen when the sounds of voices drift into his ears.

 

“…good to see you again Luhan. It’s been too long.” That was Minseok. He could recognise that voice anywhere.

 

“It’s good to see you as well.” And that was definitely Luhan.

 

Jongdae peaks around the side and sees Minseok and Luhan seated at the table across from each other, cups of coffee sitting in front of them. He feels like a creeper for not announcing his presence and essentially spying on then but he honestly quite uncomfortable with Minseok being alone with his ex despite how nice Luhan had appeared the day before.

 

“I missed you.” Minseok said and the tone of his voice had Jongdae on edge.

 

Luhan smiled. “I missed you to.” The Chinese man said almost longingly, hand reaching over to rest on top of his and Jongdae doesn’t even think, he just walks into the kitchen and fakes a yawn and MInseok and Luhan’s hands slip back to their coffee cups.

 

Jongdae, acting like he hadn’t seen anything walks over and gives Minseok a peck on the lips and a ‘good morning’ in greeting, one directed solely to Minseok.

 

“Morning.” Minseok replies.

 

Jongdae takes a cup from the cupboard and begins to make his own coffee, his back facing the ex-lovers. His more focussed on their conversation, one which had now been changed to menial topics than his own actions but he’s done this more than enough for his muscles to remember to steps without his brain being fully focussed on the task.

 

He takes the seat next to Minseok and sips his coffee as he listens to them talk, remaining an observer and feeling like he’s intruding on something and that he shouldn’t be there. A simple conversation between friends shouldn’t seem so intimate but he knew that the two other people sitting at the table had once upon a time been more than just friends.

 

There’s a lull in conversation as Luhan takes a large gulp of his coffee, the hollow sound it makes when he placed the cup back on the table indicating that’s it’s now empty.

 

“Well I’m going to have a shower. Maybe that’ll will wake me up properly.” He stands and puts his cup on the sink and rinses it out and Jongdae hates the fact that his brain gives the man a tick of approval for not leaving dirty dishes for someone else to clean.

 

“I’ll get you a towel.” Minseok gets up and follows Luhan, leaving Jongdae sitting alone in the kitchen. He frowns, taking a sip of his coffee and swearing that he’s just imagining its bitter taste.

 

 

~X~

 

 

He hates him.

 

He hates his pretty little face and his perfect manners. He hates how kind his is. How he’s always asking if he can help with anything. He hates how he can make Minseok laugh like it’s nothing and how god damn considerate he his. He hates how he always compliments Jongdae’s cooking and turns the television on low volume when Jongdae’s trying to work. He hates how his face completely morphs into something unrecognisable when he laughs and how it’s so ugly it makes him want to laugh as well.

 

But what he hates the most is that the harder he tries to dislike the Chinese man the harder he finds the task.

 

He’s just… he’s just so nice. He’s like an angel where Jongdae can really find nothing wrong with him. He’s almost perfect and that infuriates Jongdae.

 

He prays every night that they’ll find a place from him to move in with the hope that it’ll somehow fasten the pace but two weeks have gone by and the man is still occupying the spare room, using their shower, eating their food and watching their television. With the way it looks now they might as well put his name on the lease as well!

 

If anything the two weeks that Luhan had been staying with them had only given the ex-lovers the opportunity to get closer to one another despite his best efforts at running interference.

 

Jongdae could see what had attracted Minseok to Luhan in the first place and he danm wel knows what had attracted Luhan to Minseok.

 

Jongdae didn’t want to admit it but he was scared. Scared that Minseok would miss what he had with Luhan. Scared that Luhan would be able to worm his way into the position that he had worked so hard to get into. Scared that Minseok would leave him and go back to Luhan. Minseok was his everything and the threat of having someone take him away from him made his blood run cold.

 

He found it incredibly difficult to be alone with the man. He worked from home so he had no escape from Luhan’s presence. The only upside was the Minseok was nowhere near him during this time.

 

He spent his time alone with Luhan completely ignoring him. The other left him alone for the most part, spending most of his time either in his room or on the couch with his laptop browsing for houses and applying for jobs. When the other did try to talk to him he wouldn’t reply at worst and give a few words at best.

 

He pretended he didn’t see the sad looks the Chinese man would send him when he brushed him off. He knew he was being mean. Well he was being more then mean. He was being an but it was the only way he knew how to deal with it.

 

He thought he had been able to hide it from Minseok but his boyfriend knew him better than that and could read him like an open book and it didn’t take long for Minseok to bail him up about it.

 

“We need to talk.” Minseok came up to him while he was sitting on the couch.

 

“Talk? About what?” he tried to play dumb but Minseok wasn’t having it.

 

“Look, I know you weren’t happy about this from the beginning and I know you didn’t want to agree to it but you did for me and I want to thankyou for doing that.”

 

“If you knew then why couldn’t you have found him somewhere else to stay?” Jongdae raised his voice a little, lowering it when he remembered that Luhan was still in the house.

 

“Because he’s my friend and it’s the least I could do.” Minseok answered and the same look that he usually got when he talked about Luhan flashed in his eyes. It made Jongdae frown. “Just, just bear with it for a little longer. And please, can you try to be nice. Luhan hasn’t done anything wrong.”

 

Jongdae looks at Minseok for a long minute before he groans. “I’ll try.” He says but he would rather stab himself in the leg and by the look on Minseok’s face he knows that his boyfriend knows that’s what he’s thinking as well. However he lets it slide, sated for the moment.

 

It doesn’t really change after that despite Minseok’s plea though he has moved from one or two words to full sentences when talking to the man so no one could really complain.

 

He still kept a watchful eye on Minseok and Luhan and the green monster named jealousy inside of him had his insecurities growing. Minseok wouldn’t cheat on him, would he?

 

He squashes the thought as soon as it entered his head. There’s no way Minseok would ever do something like that. So if that was true, why was he still so afraid?

 

It was a typical Friday. Well at least as typical as things had been since two had become three. Jongdae had been at him computer screen the entire day staring at codes while Luhan had been on the couch. His eyes were sore from the amount of time he had spent without rest, the letters and numbers beginning to blur. He pinched the bridge of his nose and clenched his eyes shut. He decided it was about time for a break.

 

He stood up and made his way to the kitchen and grabbed a glass, pouring cold water from the fridge into it. It was so quiet in the house that he could hear Luhan’s footsteps approach him. They stopped not too far from him yet Jongdae kept his back turned.

 

Jongdae half expected the man to walk away but he stayed where he was, obviously waiting for Jongdae to acknowledge him.

 

“You don’t like me very much, do you?” came Luhan’s soft voice and Jongdae swung around to face the Chinese man in surprise. He didn’t know what he had expected but this wasn’t it. “Be honest.”

 

“Okay, you want me to be honest?” Luhan nods. “No, I don’t particularly like you. No, I don’t want to you here. No, I don’t want you anywhere near Minseok.” Jongdae lets it all out.

 

“I can understand that. After all, I did date Minseok before he started dating you.” Luhan said matter of fact and Jongdae narrowed his eyes. “But you have nothing to fear. There is absolutely nothing going on between us nor will there ever be again. We’re over for good.”

 

“You say that but the next thing I know you two could be ing in my bed. You could have already done it for all I know.” Jongdae’s voice had started to rise in volume.

 

Luhan looked at him and Jongdae was shocked to see him smiling at him ruefully, lips pulled into a thin line. Jongdae could see the conflict in his eyes, like had wanted to tell him something but didn’t know if he should.

 

“What did Minseok say about the reason we broke up?” he asked and Jongdae furrowed his brow, not understanding why he was asking him something like this.

 

“He said that a long distance relationship wasn’t working for either of you and that is was a mutual agreement.” He answered confusedly.

 

Luhan nodded. “And what month did you two start dating?”

 

“May.” Jongdae said without thought. He would forget something like that. It was one of the happiest times for him. “Where are you going with this? Why are you asking me this?”

 

The Chinese man his lips like he was unsure about something. “You might want to sit down.” He suggested but Jongdae shook his head.

 

“I don’t want to sit down. Just tell me what you’re trying to say.” He was staring to get frustrated now. His heart as beating fast and his palms had begun to get clammy with sweat.

 

Luhan breathed out deeply through his nose, his shoulders dropping as he closed his eyes. “Minseok and I didn’t break up until August.” He finally said and Jongdae started at him blankly.

 

Januray, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September…

 

May, June, July, August…

 

No…

 

“No…” Jongdae breathed.

 

Luhan smiled at him sadly. “Minseok was still dating me when he started going out with you.”

 

“I don’t – I don’t believe you.” Jongdae said through gritted teeth.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You’re lying.” He yelled. His ears were ringing and everything seemed to fade out around him. He had to be lying. What he was saying couldn’t possibly be true. Minseok would never do something like that. At least, that’s what he had thought. His legs feel weak and he slides down the cupboard until he’s sitting on the floor. “.”

 

Luhan comes to sit next to him and puts an arm around his shoulder. “Are you okay?” he asks him and Jongdae has to laugh at the absurdity of the question.

 

“Define okay. I just found out I’m a home wrecker.” He laughs but it’s hallow and dark, not a trace of humour in it. His eyes burn and that’s the only thing he needed to know that he’s crying.

 

“You’re not a home wrecker Jongdae.” Luhan chastises him.

 

“Aren’t I?” he feels Luhan’s hand on his shoulder tighten. A few hours ago he would have detested to be in a position like this with him but right now he found the elders touch comforting. “You can’t tell me that I wasn’t the reason you two broke up in the first place.”

 

Luhan opens his mouth to say something but closes it, not knowing what to say. They sit in silence.

 

“You know,” Jongdae began. “The only thought in my head that reassured me was that nothing would happen between you two is that Minseok would never cheat. That he would never do something like that and that all I needed to do was to put my trust in him. But now…” he started to sob. “But now I don’t know what to think.”

 

Luhan’s heart broke for the man.

 

Jongdae didn’t know. He really didn’t know anymore. Minseok had done something that he had never thought he would do. It was almost like his entire perception had begun to change but now he could finally pinpoint the look in Minseok’s face and weird tone of his voice when he talked about Luhan.

 

“I hated you at first. I hated you for taking him away from me.” Luhan said and Jongdae’s sobs subsided a little. “I wanted to fly back to Korea when I found out. I was hurt. Who wouldn’t be? But I stayed. I stayed and focussed on school. It wasn’t until a few months later that I finally called him.” Jongdae listens completely entrapped. “And when I did I couldn’t be mad at him. He was so hopelessly and genuinely apologetic. He couldn’t stop apologising. He was crying so hard I could barely understand a word that came out of his mouth. I had never heard him like that before. And then he started talking about you and I had never heard him sound so happy before. You were all he talked about and any hate I held towards you just evaporated. You made him happy and that’s all I could ever ask for.” He smiled and wiped his own now wet eyes. “I forgave him.”

 

“But, how could you? How could you forgive him after that?”

 

“Forgiving doesn’t mean I condone his actions. I wanted, no needed to move on and to do that I had to forgive him, I had to let it go.” Luhan said simply and Jongdae admired how wise his words were.

 

Jongdae sat and started at the ceiling. There were too many thoughts in his head, too much to think about and it was like his head was going to explode.

 

“I need – “ he swallowed. “I need some time alone.” Luhan nodded understandingly and helped Jongdae to his feet. He began to walk towards his and Minseok’s bedroom but stopped. “Hey Luhan.” He called.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I’m sorry… and thankyou.” Before Luhan could reply Jongdae had already shut the door.

 

That when the heartbreaking wails began.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Minseok was worried. He had tried to call and text Jongdae for hours yet the younger man hadn’t replied. Luhan hadn’t been replying to any of his calls or texts either to that doubled his worry so he had been eager to get home.

 

When he finally opens the door to their house he’s greeted with complete and absolute silence.

 

“Jongdae? Luhan? Anyone home?” he calls out but received no answer from either men. Confused he walks into the lounge room and flicks the light on and is startled to see Luhan sitting on the couch. Why had he been sitting in the dark?

 

“Hey Luhan.” He said. The man finally tore his eyes away from the wall to face him.

 

“You’re going to hate me Minseok.” Is what comes out of his mouth and Minseok is so confused. Did something happen between him and Jongdae? Did someone get hurt?

 

“Why would I hate you? What happened?” he walks to kneel in front of Luhan so he can see his face up close and clearly and he can see the dried tears on his face with new ones welling up in his eyes and threatening to fall.

 

Luhan bites his lip and fidgets with his fingers, looking hesitant and it makes Minseok’s worry increase. “I – I… I told him Minseok. He knows.” Luhan whispers and Minseok’s blood freezes, face falling. He doesn’t need to ask what he’s talking about because he knows.

 

Minseok mechanically sits down beside Luhan and rests his elbows on his knees, face buried in his hands. He wants to cry but the tears just won’t come.

 

“I’m sorry.” Luhan cries and Minseokk shakes his head. Luhan shouldn’t be the one crying. It wasn’t his fault. But oh god, Jongdae. He can already picture how devastated his boyfriend would have been at the news.

 

“I don’t hate you Luhan. What I hate is that it come from you and not from me. I should have been the one to tell him. I was the one in the wrong. It was, it was my fault. Everything was my fault.” He rubs at his face, suddenly feeling completely drained. “How did he take it?”

 

“He’s been in your room for hours. I heard him crying earlier but I think he’s asleep now.” Luhan says and Minseok knows that the younger would have cried himself to sleep.

 

“I need to talk to him. I need to make sure he’s alright. I need to…” There’s so much he needs to do, stuff he should have done a long time ago.

 

“I’ll just – I’m going to go for a walk.” Luhan stands up and Minseok rushes to his feet.

 

“You don’t need to do that!” he protests but Luhan shakes his head.

 

“You two need to be alone. I’ll be back later.” He gives Minseok a half smile, one that doesn’t quite reach his eyes and a pat on the shoulder before he grabs his phone and heads out of the door.

 

Minseok stares at the door before he takes the familiar route to his and Jongdae’s bedroom. When he gets to the door he turns the knob and pushes the door open as quietly as he could to not disturb the probably dozing Jongdae.

 

The room is dark, the lights are off and the curtains are closed and there on the bed, curled into a little ball is Jongdae. Minseok walks over to his boyfriend with a heavy heart, it breaking even more when he sees the dried tear tacks on his cheeks. He knows this is his fault. If he had just been honest from the very beginning none of this would have happened. He knows that the fact that he had lied, that he had kept this from him and that had hurt Jongdae more than the act of him dating Jongdae while he was still dating Luhan.

 

Jongdae didn’t like it when things were kept from him. He was well aware of this yet he had still done it. He doesn’t know if they’ll ever be the same, if there will still be a them after this.

 

Minseok brings a shaky hand to the sleeping mans head and starts to card his fingers through his silky locks. This had always calmed the younger down and he also had found this to be therapeutic.

 

The younger groans and begins to shift and Minseok ceases all movement. Jongdae is beginning to wake and it’s time for Minseok to face the music. He doesn’t know if he’ll even want to talk to him but he has to try for the sake of the relationship he wants to save more than anything.

 

It doesn’t take long for Jongdae’s eyes to start to open and Minseok holds his breath as he waits for him to become fully conscious and aware. When his eyes do finally open they land straight onto Minseok’s and the elder can see how they harden. Minseok swallows hard.

 

The younger sits up and scoots himself away from Minseok and while Minseok understands it still hurts. He had never moved away from his touch before.

 

“Is it true?” Minseok doesn’t even deny it, just shakes his head.

 

“It’s true.”

 

“How could you?” he says. “How could you keep something like this from me?” Jongdae asks and Minseok winces at how gravely his voice sounds. If his face and eyes didn’t give it away that he had been crying that his voice sure would have.

 

“I – I didn’t know to tell you.” He said hopelessly.

 

Jongdae laughs wetly. “You didn’t know how to tell me? How about ‘Hey, you know Luhan? I cheated on him with you. Surprise!’.” He said humourlessly and this time Minseok flinched. Blunt and straight to the point.

 

“I didn’t want to hurt you.”

 

“Well you hurt me alright. It felt like I had been stabbed in the heart and it ing hurt.” He started to cry and Minseok wanted to wrap him in his arms to comfort him but he stayed where he was.

 

“I should have told you, I know that. You shouldn’t have had to hear it from Luhan.” Minseok says sadly, full of regret.

 

“You should have but you didn’t.” he says blankly and the lack of emotion in his boyfriends voice is what scares him the most.

 

“Jongdae I’m sorry. I am truly, so very sorry.” Minseok is nearly pleading at this point. Jongdae just stares at him with unreadable eyes and Minseok is startled when the younger gets up of the bed and walks over to their closet and pulls out a small suitcase.

 

“Wait, what are you doing.” He stands up in a hurry, watching as Jongdae starts to throw random pieces of clothing into the suitcase.

 

“I just, I need to get away.” He says, not stopping to look at Minseok.

 

“No Dae, plea – please stay!” Minseok begs, grabbing Jongdae’s hands.

 

“I can’t Minseok, not right now.” He moves his hands out of the elders and zips the suitcase shut. He finally looks up at Minseok with tears in his eyes. “I need time to…” he pauses. “I just need some time. I’ll be at my brothers place.” He takes hold of the suitcase and Minseok tracks his movement with his eyes as the younger heads out of the room.

 

It isn’t until he hears the sound of the front door closing does he finally breakdown, sobbing into one of Jongdae’s shirts. That’s how Luhan finds him when he returns and all he can do is hold him.

 

Minseok doesn’t know if their relationship could be saved.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Jongdae almost feels like a stranger as he sets foot in his house for the first time since he had left nearly a week ago. Nothing had changed, everything looked the same but in a way everything had also changed.

 

He toes his shoes off and leaves them by the door. As he passes the kitchen he sees Luhan seated at the table, a pen in hand and glasses he hadn’t noticed before perched on his nose as he reads what was written on the piece pf paper in front of him. He looks up when he senses Jongdae’s presence and smiles at him awkwardly as if unsure if he should have in the first place. Jongdae smiles back and he can see how the Chinese mans body relaxes, smile coming out more natural.

 

“He fell asleep not too long ago but he should be up soon. He hasn’t been sleeping to well.” Luhan informs him without him even needing to ask. Jongdae nods. The elders tone wasn’t accusing, just stating a fact. “I’ll go and finish this in my room then.” He holds up the piece of paper and gives it a little shake and Jongdae catches the bolded print at the top.

 

Lease Agreement

 

Luhan walks past Jongdae and off to his room but stops when Jongdae calls his name.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thankyou…” ‘for looking after him’.

 

Luhan smiles. “You’re welcome.” He disappears into his room and Jongdae sets his suitcase down before sitting on the couch. Waiting.

 

It takes exactly thirty four minutes for Minseok to come into the lounge room, hair in disarray and heavy bags under his eyes looking just as bad as he probably felt. The elder notices him straight away and his mouth drops open, every part of his body frozen like someone had just pressed the pause button.

 

“Jong – Jongdae?” Disbelief is apparent. “Is that, is that really you?”

 

“Yes Minseok, it’s me.” Jongdae answers and he’s fully prepare for the way in which Minseok rushes him and wraps his arms around him, squeezing him tight to his body as if trying to absorb him.

 

“You’re really here.” He cries into Jongdae’s neck, his tears running down his skin.

 

“I’m here.” Jongdae confirms, nuzzling his face into his hair and rubbing the sobbing mans back.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” he chants and Jongdae shushes him, pulling his face out of his neck and cupping his cheeks with both of his hands.

 

“I know, I know…” Jongdae brings their foreheads together and the both of them just close their eyes, enjoying being in each others company. They don’t talk, at least not for a long time. The just hold each other.

 

“Are we okay?” Minseok says after a long time.

 

“Not yet.” Jongdae says and Minseok’s face cracks. “But we will be.”

 

It’ll take time for them to get anywhere near where they had been before but if one thing was obvious it was that they were never going to be what they were before.

 

They were broken but they could be mended and maybe, just maybe they would come out of it stronger than ever.

 


[BONUS] They do eventually sort everything out. It takes a while for Jongdae to regain his trust in Minseok. A few years later Minseok asks Jongdae to marry him and he says yes. Luhan is both Jongdae and Minseok's best man at the wedding. THE END

This was a little difficult for me to write more because I wanted to make sure I got the emotion right. I don't know if I did but that's for you all to decide. I've been a little lazy and haven't really written a whole lot recently. I really need to get myself motivated to write more. I wrote a little bit today of one and I had hoped to have it finish today but that didn't end up happening. Not to much to go though! For some reason I really want to write a dragon!au. I don't know why but we'll see. I still have lots to do.

I just want to take a moment to say Rest in Peace Malcolm Young. I have grown up with ACDC's music my entire life and to have another legend pass on is really sad and heartbreaking. But legends will always live on for we will remember them.

BTS did great at the AMA's. I'm so proud of them. There were audio/mic problems but despite that they did amazingly well. I was really disappointed with the majority of their interviews though :/ Most of the questions were generic and boring and not really relevant to what they have been doing recently. Only like two people even asked about their UNICEF Anti-violence campaign. Oh, and about Namjoon changing his stage name to RM I am not surprised about it in the slightest. I've actually been waiting for him to do so for a while now. I know people will still refer to him as Rap Monster and that's okay. It'll take some people time to adjust to the change. He's been going by that for around five years now. It'll be the same as when Jinyoung changed his name from Jr/Junior to Jinyoung.

Okay so KARD dropped their new MV yesterday and I am shook! If you haven't seen it yet you need to go and watch it now! It's totally messed up but that's what's so great about it. It would have been good if they could have released in closer to halloween and I can say the same for Red Velvet. They were great halloween themed videos.

EXO have started to release their teaser video's for Countdown and I am so shook like what the it this? Subliminal messaging or something? Especially Jongin's like this feels like a horror movie or something. Junmyeon looks so beautiful like yes baby show those underappreciated visuals off my boy! I can't decide which one I like better. Kyungsoo's was interesting. The first teaser where someone other then an EXO member appears in. And in pink fuzzy clothing and a mask to match. We still have Jongdae, Sehun, Chanyeol and Lay' (?) teasers left. I have a feeling either Jongdae or Chanyeol will be last but then I could be wrong.

Yet again I'm probably forgetting about most of the stuff that I wanted to talk about but meh. If there's anything you want to talk about with me feel free to comment. I enjoy interacting will my readers :)

See ya'll next week!