Pointers

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by DitA13

I don’t know if anyone had requested this before or not, but can I have a drabble with Junmyeon and Hoseok just out together. Doesn’t matter where they are or whether there are other members with them, just have them interact with each other, like them hanging out, maybe shopping or maybe Hoseok giving Junmyeon some dancing tips. Whatever you’re comfortable with. ILY <3!!

 

Word count: 2601

 

 

 

 

 

Usually when Junmyeon went out more often than not he would be accompanied by Sehun. If not he would usually go by himself. This time, he had found himself accompanied by Hoseok. It had happened out of the blue. Over the last couple of months the two groups had gotten closer and it hadn’t taken long for a group chat to develop. He didn’t know who had started it but the likely suspects were Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Taehyung.

 

He had asked on the group chat whether or not anyone was free to go out, some responding that they had schedules to attend to while others didn’t reply at all. Hoseok had been the only one that had replied that he was free. He had hesitated at first, having never spent time alone with the younger and even he could admit that he was quite awkward at times, but in the end his desire to get out of the dorm outweighed his worries and the day out had been set.

 

Spending a day out in the city when you were as famous as them was difficult. Disguises rarely worked. Funnily enough they had the most success at not being recognised when all they would do was remove their make and change their clothes to ones that didn’t look as flashy as designer brands. Junmyeon was quite thankful that after an hour of walking around the shopping centre with Hoseok no one had looked at them twice.

 

“Honestly, I’m surprised that we haven’t been swarmed.” Commented Hoseok as he critically analysed a pair of shoes, trying to figure out by look whether or not they would be good for dancing.

 

Junmyeon hummed, agreeing with the youngers statement. “It’s nice.” Then, “Those ones would be better for dancing.” He points to a pair a bit further down. Setting the one had back on the rack, Hoseok goes over to the ones that Junmyeon had pointed out.

 

“Hey, these look pretty good actually.” He says, sending a thankful smile over to the elder.

 

“Jongin, Sehun and Yixing have those shoes. They said that they’re great for dancing and wear them to practices. They may not be the best appearance wise but they do the job.” He tells him.

 

“Well I’ll trust their judgement then.” Hoseok laughed, grabbing a box off the shelf and going over to the counter to pay for them. The lady behind the counter stared at them with eyes slightly squinted like she recognised them but not being sure where she had seen them before. Junmyeon held his breath and sent her a tight smile, mentally chanting ‘please don’t recognise us’ over and over again like a mantra.

 

“Thankyou!” Hoseok smiles at the lady brightly when he had finished paying, receiving a ‘you’re welcome’ in return. “Let’s go hyung.” He said and they walked out of the store, Junmyeon releasing the breath he had been holding. That had been a close one. He didn’t want their day out to be spoiled just yet.

 

Don’t get him wrong. He loved his fans, it’s just sometimes they went overboard, completely disregarding their welfare and the welfare of others as well as ignoring the values of respect and personal space that they had surely been taught at school and by their parents.

 

In the corner of his eye Junmyeon spotted an ice cream shop and his eyes lit up. “Hey, do you feel like some ice cream?” he nudged Hoseok who smiled like a child at Christmas at the question.

 

“Of course!” he answered and they both changed their course to head towards the shop.

 

“What flavour do you want?” he asked the younger who had stopped to look at the many different flavours.

 

“Mm, chocolate mint sounds delicious.”

 

“Okay.” Junmyeon nodded as he stepped over to the counter. “Hi, can I get one chocolate mint and one cookies and cream please.” he said to the lady, passing his card over to pay for the icy treats.

 

“I can pay for mine.” Hoseok offered when he saw that Junmyeon was paying for both.

 


“No, it’s okay.” Junmyeon smiled, waving his hand in dismissal. He swears he hears the younger mumble something that sounds suspiciously like ‘Jun-money’ under his breath but he can’t be completely sure but decides it’s best to ignore it.

 

They don’t have to wait long before they are handed their ice creams and both are practically drooling. They both have strict diets that they need to follow but one little deviation can’t hurt. They each take a small taste of their ice creams and moan simultaneously.

 

“It’s been so long since I’ve had ice cream.” Hoseok nearly cries, scoffing down the treat like it’s the end of the world.

 

“Same.” Junmyeon mutters absentmindedly, too focused on trying to eat his ice cream before it melts and keeping it from staining his shirt. Both are completely silent as they eat, wanting to cherish the taste and moment as they are unsure when it would happen again.

 

“Hey.” Hoseok suddenly says. “There’s a dance studio around here that I use all of the time. Would you like to go and mess around a bit?” he asks and at Junmyeon’s unsure look he adds, “Don’t worry about anyone seeing. The studio is owned by my Aunt and Uncle and the rooms are private. They always have one that’s reserved for me when I want to let off a little steam.”

 

“Yeah, sure.” He answers after thinking it over for a bit. He also thought that it would be a great opportunity to maybe get some pointers. Even after years of dancing he’s still not confident in his ability. It’s something that he thinks he’ll always be self-conscious about. He’s a singer not a dancer but the job description of being in an idol group requires him to do both.

 

The walk to the dance studio was a short one. They had actually been pretty close to the place. Walking in they were greeted with by a bright smile, one which was jarringly similar to Hoseok’s own smile. Junmyeon thought it was safe to assume that it was his Aunt.

 

“Hoseok! Back so soon?” she said warmly and Hoseok laughed.

 

“Yes Auntie. I brought a friend this time.” he said confirming Junmyeon’s thoughts.

 

“I can see that. You always bring such handsome boys around.” She winked at Junmyeon who blushed beet red, obviously flustered.

 

“Careful Auntie, Uncle might think you’ve grown tired of him and want to replace him.” He teased and received a shrug in reply. Junmyeon chuckled silently at the older woman’s antics having recovered from the earlier embarrassment. He looked on at their interactions and smiled fondly. “Well…we’ll be headed over to my room then.” He told her.

 

“Okay dear. Now you two make sure that you don’t overwork yourselves.” She said pointedly, glare directed at Hoseok who rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

 

“Yes Auntie.” Hoseok said at the same time Junmyeon said “Yes ma’am.”

 

“Call me Jihyo, none of that ‘ma’am’ stuff.” She chastised Junmyeon. “Now you to go have fun.” She shooed them off.

 

“Your Aunt’s nice.” Junmyeon commented.

 

“She is. Sometimes she asks more like a mother than what my mum does.” He laughed. They stop at a door and Hoseok takes out a key. Putting it in the lock he turns the key, opening the door when the click had been heard. He flicks on the light and room can now be seen.

 

It’s smaller than what a usual dance practice room would be but then again he guesses if it’s only for personal use then it’s not so bad. There’s still enough room for four to maybe six people to move around comfortably. It’s nice.

 

“It’s nothing special but it works.”

 

“No, it’s nice.” Junmyeon reassures him.

 

“Just give me a sec to put these shoes on. I want to test them out.” He says as he sits on the floor and pulls off his shoes, replacing them with his new ones. Once they’re on he stands up and rolls his feet. Grabbing his phone he plugs it into the aux chord connect to the stereo after playing around with it for a while the room is filled with a hard hitting hip hop beat, one that Junmyeon vaguely remembers hearing during one of the dance lines improve sessions.

 

The younger dancers breaks out into a series or complex dance moves that match perfectly with the beat which leaves his mouth wide open in awe, not unlike his expression whenever he watches Yixing, Jongin and Sehun dance. There’s a way that they all move that just can’t be taught. It’s inbuilt, something that they were born with and had refined throughout the years to fit their bodies and dance styles. It’s something that he’ll never be able to achieve in his lifetime.

 

“Wow, these shoes really do feel great.” he announces when he had finished testing them out. “Thanks hyung! I need to tell Yixing hyung, Jongin and Sehun that they have great taste.”

 

“No problem.” He says and them a thought comes to his head. “Hey, wouldn’t happen to know the moves to ‘Monster’, would you?” he asks the younger.

 

“Yeah.” He replies and then adds with a slightly embarrassed face, “I’ve watched the dance practice and live performances a lot. I really like the dance.” He admitted.

 

“Would you mind giving me some pointers?”

 

“No, not at all!” he said, if anything he looked excited. He had that same look in his eyes that their dance line did when anything in regards to dancing came up.

 

Junmyeon smiled at the youngers enthusiasm. Getting ready to dance he stripped off his jacket leaving him in a plane shirt and skinny jeans which weren’t really practice to dance in but it was all he had, that and years spent dancing in skinny jeans had gotten him used to the feeling. Hoseok joins him later after putting the song on each immediately falling into position when the familiar industrial like sounds that mark the beginning of the song start playing.

 

While Junmyeon focuses completely on dancing, Hoseok dances beside him however he makes sure to keep an eye on the elder, mentally filing away things that he needs to work on. The things that he notices are only minor and nothing to bad. Really, it’s something most wouldn’t even notice unless they had a dance background and understood the technicalities behind certain movements.

 

They go through the dance a few times before Hoseok feels he had enough information to pick out the parts that he needs to work on.

 

“Honestly hyung, there’s not a lot you need to improve on.” Hoseok tells him as they have a water break. Sweat had begun to leak from their pores and there breathing and heart rate had increased due to the physical activity.

 

“Really?” Junmyeon said surprised.

 

“Yeah. Sometimes you forget to fully extend your limbs. You keep some of your movements closer to your body making them look smaller when they need to be extended so they seem larger.” Hoseok demonstrates, showing the difference between the two and Junmyeon can see how it can completely change the feel of the movement.

 

They practice together slowly, gradually beguiling up the speed as Junmyeon gets the feel of when he under extends. Soon they’re back to dancing to the full song. It’s minor but Junmyeon can not only see the difference in the mirror but feel it as well.

 

“Thanks Hoseok.” Junmyeon thanks the dancer as he wipes his sweat off his forehead with the hem of his shirt. “You have no idea how much this has helped.”

 

“It was no problem and you dance great anyway.” He compliments.

 

“No I don’t. I at dancing.”

 

“You don’t and that’s where you’re major problem is.” He says and Junmyeon looks at him questioningly. Hoseok sighs and sits down on the floor, patting the spot next to him in an invitation for Junmyeon to come and sit beside him. “You don’t have confidence in yourself. You may not be a dancer but that doesn’t mean you’re bad at dancing. You’re actually great at dancing, I’ve seen it for myself just minutes ago. You don’t have confidence in yourself and when that happens you tense up which causes your movements to appear stiff. It happens to the best of us. Have confidence in yourself hyung. You worked hard to get to where you are now. You deserve it.”

 

Junmyeon listened on in rapt attention the entire time the younger was talking and almost couldn’t believe what he was hearing. It almost felt too good to be true. Their touching moment it ruined when suddenly the sound of Red Velvets ‘Russian Roulette’ booms around the room. They look at each other startled until they burst out into laughter.

 

Getting to his feet Junmyeon breaks out into the dance, Hoseok doing the same just moments later. Their moves are horribly exaggerated but they’re too busy laughing their asses off and enjoying themselves to pay attention to that fact that they know the entire dance routine and could dance it properly. They also don’t notice as Hoseok’s Aunt peaked her head into the room and smiles at the boys enjoying themselves before leaving them to their own devices. It was nice to see her Hoseok having fun.

 

Bodies exhausted and sweat dripping off them like water they lie in a heap on the floor laughing and smiling like complete idiots and using each other as a pillow. What’s a more perfect way to bond then over their shared love for Red Velvet?

 

They don’t get back to their own dorms until late in the night but not before grabbing dinner at a small and hidden restaurant near the studio, both being slightly sad when they had to part. They had had a great time together and had already promised to meet up again, when they didn’t know. They both had busy schedules. The life of an idol, right?

 

The both go to bed with satisfied smiles on their faces.

 

When Junmyeon wakes in the morning he goes through his usual routine and looks through his news feed. A particular one catches his attention.

 

EXO’s Suho and BTS’s J-hope spotted shopping together?

 

Curious as to watch the article contains he clicks on it and begins to read it.

 

Yesterday there had been multiple reports of the two idols seen shopping together. While the pictures taken were grainy and the figures hard to identify, due to the number of reports we have received it is safe to assume that it was indeed EXO’s Suho and BTS’s J-hope. Both are members of two of the most popular groups in recent years.

 

The friendship between the two groups is well known as they have been spotted on many occasions interacting warmly with each other during award ceremonies and music shows, despite the obvious squabbles between members of their respective fandoms. It’s nice to see that despite the rivalry between fandoms that the group members themselves have great relationships with each other.

 

Finishing the article Junmyeon locks his phone. He’s a little disappointed that they were spotted but even that can’t dampen the great time he had with the younger yesterday. Maybe this may even work in their favour. God knows the fan wars needed to stop. Maybe this would be one step in the right direction.

 

He already had plans to meet up with the younger again and maybe they would be able to drag some of their members along.

 


Honestly I need more Junmyeon/Hoseok interactions, well EXO/BTS in general. They give me life and make my heart warm.

I've officially started Uni again and I can't say that I'm ecstatic to be back. It was nice seeing some familiar faces, people I would call more acquaintances than friends but at least I have people I'm comfortable with to share workshops will, especially considering in two of my units I have group/paired assignments. My tutors all seem nice so that's also a bonus. Something that's not so good is that our oven decided to stop working. We know what's wrong with it but unfortunately we won't be able to get the part to fix it for another week as they have to order it in from another state as our model of oven is a...lets just say it's not very popular.

My albums still haven't arrived yet. I know they're in Australia somewhere but I'm not sure on where they are specifically. Not BTS or EXO related but I listened to/watched JJ Projects 'Tomorrow, Today' and I'm in love with it. The lyrics are so beautiful!! When I have a little more time I'll listen to the full album.

Well, that's all from me today! See you next drabble.