Old Fashioned

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Angel_Demon_Princess

Can you do something Taehyung centric, with him being an omega and hiding it for whatever reasons… Like for example, the rest of bts are all alphas or betas (idk, just no omegas for some stupid reason) and the manager decided to have him go on suppressants because he was really old fashioned and didn’t want an omega to mess the group or something? And basically, it all comes out ofter some alpha decides to go after him and the others get mad and then it’s revealed somehow?

 

Word count: 2900

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung knew that becoming an idol came with a price. He just hadn’t imagined that this was the price he would be made to pay.

 

Auditioning was risky, especially for a big company like SM, JYP or YG. Even if you had successfully passed the auditioning process and became a trainee the chance of debut were slim to none. Taehyung didn’t believe in himself enough to even try for a company as big as them. A smaller label would be the way to go but even that carried its own risk. While it wasn’t easy to pass the auditions the opportunity to become successful was also at risk. He had risked it for his dream and he had made it. He thanks his best friend for showing him that grainy video of an up and coming rapper that had recently signed with Bighit, a small and not yet recognised entertainment label. He had been the inspiration for him auditioning. He may not see it in himself but he could see when others had talent. And boy did this guy have talent.

 

He was a bundle of nerves, stumbling over his words with an accent so strong that he questioned whether or not anyone could understand him. He hadn’t thought he had done very well but it had seemed that the judges had seen something in him, something that had fit with whatever their plans had been. After an hour of deliberation with Taehyung sitting out on the hall sweating buckets did he receive the news that he had been accepted into the company. He was an official Bighit trainee. He was ecstatic. His dreams had seemed so much closer than what they ever had been.

 

There was only one unexpected hurdle that had found itself lodged in his way.

 

It was a well-known fact that the companies were only given the basic information of the person auditioning such as their name, age, place of birth and any skills or specialties listed by the individual. The designation of the individual was not to be revealed until after the individual had been accepted as a trainee to discourage any bias towards their performance at the audition. Even in the 21st century the bias, especially towards Omega’s still existed. Taehyung just happened to be in that category. He hadn’t had any real problems with it before. A few snide remarks here, some teasing words there, but that had been it.

 

A week after he had been accepted he had packed his bags and said good bye to his family. His brother and sister had cried and so had his mother when she had wrapped him and a crushing hug. His father didn’t cry but he could tell that he wanted to. He had said goodbye to his grandparents the day before. It was only when he could no longer see his house did he let his own tears fall for he had not known when would be the next time he would see them but he knew it would be no time soon.

 

The drive was uncomfortable to say the least. The man tasked to pick him up rubbed him the wrong way. He didn’t speak but would look back at him in the rear view mirror with something akin to disgust in his eyes. It unsettled Taehyung. The man – that he identified as an Alpha – had a sour scent that just didn’t sit well with him. He didn’t think about it too much, mind to occupied with his impending future.

 

He was confused when the car came to a stop. They were nowhere near the city, why would they be stopping in practically the middle of nowhere. He flinched when something was thrown from the front seat into his lap. Picking up the small box shaped object he lifted it close enough for him to read the text, dropping it in surprise at what he found on there.

 

SUPPRESSANTS

 

Taehyung turned towards the man with wide eyes not believing what he had just given him.

 

“I don’t…”

 

“Starting right this instant you’re going on suppressants.” The man told him.

 

“What, no! I can’t.” Taehyung yelled. “I won’t!”

 

“You can and you will.” The man hissed, turning around in his chair to grab the collar of Taehyung’s jumper, pushing him hard into the back of the chair. “The other trainees don’t need a like you to distract them from their training. The boss has high hopes for these ones and I don’t need a weak little Omega like you screwing it up.” He growled.

 

Taehyung trembled, frightened to his very core. The Alpha’s scent was making him want to cower, bow his head in submission and make himself appear as small as possible. Never before had he had an Alpha use their dominance against him. He whimpered, finally nodding when the Alpha’s grip tightened on his jumper.

 

“Good.” He says. Turing back towards the front he passes a bottle of water to Taehyung who flinches and he can see the Alpha’s mouth form into a smirk seemingly pleased by the affect he has on the young Omega. Opening the box with shaking hands he quickly swallowed one of the pills, washing it down with water. However the water can’t wash away everything. He can still taste the bitterness of shame. He closes his eyes tightly and clenches his fists, thinking about how much this would mean for his family financially in efforts to justify why he had given in so easily.

 

Just like it had been before the rest of the ride had been silent.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Any chance of him ‘neglecting’ to take his suppressants was quelled when it was announced that the man – who he now knew as Jongwoo – was to be appointed their manager, who he had found was old fashioned in his thinking (no surprise there!). He didn’t believe that Omega’s should play prominent parts in society. Rather he viewed them as house wives whose only job was to prolong the dominant partners’ line. Taehyung felt sick just thinking about it.

 

Taehyung had been surprised when nearly immediately after his arrival at the company he had been placed into the debut team consisting of six other guys including the very man that had convinced him to audition at the company. Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin and Jeon Jungkook were all Alpha’s though Jungkook, the youngest had only just come into his designation. The boy was shy and not quite comfortable in his skin but Taehyung knew it wouldn’t be long until he flourished, the awkwardness of adolescence disappearing. Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin were all Beta’s though with Yoongi’s attitude most would assume he was an Alpha. Yoongi didn’t take no from anyone. Taehyung had found it hard to approach the brash Beta at first but he soon realised that the man wasn’t as tough as he first appeared.

 

When news came that they would be debuting in June of 2013 it was met with the excited chatter of everyone. They had managed to gain themselves a respectable fan base, nothing large but certainly enough to get them going. Preparations began with more time spent practicing and with that came the added presence of their manager. Taehyung could always feel the Alpha staring at him, watching his every move and it made his skin crawl. He had yet to miss a day where the Alpha wasn’t somewhere in the vicinity of himself and Taehyung knew he was keeping an eye on him making sure he didn’t ‘mess up’. He had thankfully been able to keep the fact the he was an Omega a secret, s assuming from the new scent the suppressants gave him that he was a Beta.

 

Their debut came and yet and soon years had gone by. They were on the rise, their album ‘The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Part 1’ taking off like no tomorrow. All the while Taehyung had managed to keep his secret on the down low. Taehyung had always thought it was weird as to why he was made to take suppressants. Even other groups from bigger companys then their own didn’t seem to have a problem with Omega’s in their groups. Why would he be any different? He was too scared to speak it out loud though. He was sure the manager would punish him for even asking.

 

The members had noticed Taehyung’s discomfort around their manager and had made it their mission to keep him away from their 4D member even though they had no idea as to what the reason may be.

 

“He does anything to you, you tell me right away and I’ll do something about it, okay?” Namjoon had told him, voice hard. The Alpha was protective of s like they were his own children and there was no way he was going to let anyone harm them.

 

Taehyung had nodded and Namjoon had smiled at him. Taehyung had smiled back though he tried his hardest for it to seem genuine. He wanted so badly to tell him that he was already too late but he just couldn’t. This secret could affect more than just him but the entire group as a whole. So he kept quiet. His secret was still that – a secret. The guilt remained.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Fan signs were something he had always enjoyed. Interacting with his the fans brought him happiness. It wasn’t every day that you were able to meet your idols. Even though it was impossible to remember every single fan he had seen at them he tried to make each encounter unique. He tried to treat them as if they were a friend that he hadn’t seen in a while. It was difficult but in the end it was worth it when they smiled at him and looked so grateful that he had noticed them, even if it was only for a few moments.

 

Everything had seemed to go on as usual. He had lost count of the number of fans he had seen, the number of photos and posters he had signed and the amount of times he had to tell a fan not to hide their face when a male fan had found himself in front of him. It wasn’t too unusual to see male fans at their signs though they were still heavily outnumbered by the female fans. It was bound to be just another encounter when he froze at the strong Alpha scent being projected his way.

 

Looking up he sees the Alpha staring directly into his eyes, pupils dilated and nostrils flaring. Taehyung swallowed. He was scared. He could detect the faint scent of arousal and it had his hair standing on end. Seokjin who was sitting beside him had noticed the encounter but before he could do anything the Alpha had jumped the table pushing Taehyung back in his chair, the both of them tumbling to the floor.

 

Screams broke out but Taehyung payed no mid to them as he tried to push the Alpha off of him. He started to panic when the Alpha didn’t budge and nearly cried out when suddenly the weight was lifted off him. Taehyung laid there stunned, breathing hard and eyes glued to the ceiling. He was dimly aware of being pulled up and marched out of the room, the weight of Namjoon and Seokjin on either side supporting him.

 

In his distress he hadn’t even noticed the sweat scent that he had started to emit but the others had and they looked at each other in confused wonder. Yoongi had his lips pressed into a thin line, clear distaste in his face. He knew why Taehyung smelled like that and he didn’t like it, not one bit and he knew by the look on Namjoon’s face that he was well aware of it as well. They were angry, furious, but Taehyung’s welfare was what mattered to them the most in that moment.

 

As fast as possible they walk Taehyung to their dressing room and making sure that no one else is in there they lock the door. Taehyung doesn’t need an audience.

 

Taehyung only comes to when he feels a bottle being pressed into his hands and with shaky hands he takes a large gulp the action none too similar to from the situation years ago. He still rattled but no as much as what he had been before. This wasn’t something the happened every day. Sure, they were used to being crowded in airports but to have someone physically attack them…now that was something entirely different.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Jimin asked, placing a concerned hand on his back and rubbing soothing circles there. Taehyung nods and exhales shakily.

 

“I think so.”

 

“Are you hurt?” This time it’s Hoseok and Taehyung smiles. It’s so much like Hoseok to ask if someone is hurt.

 

“No, I’m okay.”

 

Jungkook had been strangely quiet and Taehyung looks over to see him standing awkwardly near the door twisting the ends of his shirt in his hands.

 

“Come here Kookie.” Taehyung directs opening his arms for the young Alpha. He hesitates for moment before practically falling into them. He sniffles but doesn’t cry. Jungkook is quite sensitive when it comes to seeing his hyungs hurt. Jungkook buries his nose into Taehyung’s neck and frowns.

 

“Hyung, you smell weird.” He says and Taehyung stiffens.

 

“We’ll talk about this but not right now.” Namjoon says and Taehyung just knows that he knows. “My priority right now is getting you home.” The ‘then we’ll talk’ goes unsaid. Taehyung thanks the heavens that the managers things are kept in the dressing room as Yoongi rummages through his bag and throws the car keys in Seokjin’s direction. He was not someone he wanted to be in the presence of.

 

Somehow they make it out without anyone spotting them and before long they’re pulling up to their dorm. Wordlessly they walk inside and situated themselves in the lounge room.

 

“Talk.” Namjoon orders though it’s not in an unkind way. He just wants answers. Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook looked confused and he knows the explanation he’s about to give is more for them than the others. He’s pretty sure the others have already worked it out.

 

So he talks and talks and talks. He doesn’t leave anything out and by the end of it everyone is angry though angry is putting it mildly. They look pissed the off. Yoongi is practically seething. No one stops him when he gets up and head towards the front door, slamming it on the way out.

 

“I’m going to kill him.” The usually sunny Hoseok states.

 

“Not if Yoongi gets there first.” Jimin comments as he tries to reign in his onw anger.

 

“Do you think someone should go after him?” Taehyung asks worried. He doesn’t want his hyung going to jail.

 

“He’ll be fine. He’s not stupid enough to do something brash. He just needs to let off some steam.” Namjoon says and Teahyung hopes he’s right.

 

That night they sleep together on the floor in the lounge room. It’s not until 2am that Yoongi comes back to see them all huddled together. Making sure not to wake them up he joins them. He has a lot to tell them when they all wake.

 

 

~X~

 

 

The next morning they had found out where Yoongi had gone. As it had tuned out Bang Pd-min had no idea what the manager had made Taehyung do. As soon as he had found out he had promptly fired them man. He had felt guilty that he hadn’t realised it sooner. The boys were like sons to him and to have one of them taken advantage of made him furious. Sihyuk had ordered Taehyung to go to the hospital for a check-up and there it was revealed that the effects of the suppressants over the years had started to wear down, his body building up an immunity to the drugs which partially explained why the Alpha had attacked him in the first place. He had be able to smell he, as weak as it had been.

 

Of course it hadn’t excused what the Alpha had done but Taehyung didn’t want him to be punished for what had happened. No one had gotten hurt. Yoongi had told him that he was to kind for his own good but he couldn’t find himself caring. The next issue to deal with was the media. It was the talk of the town and every news outlet had their own take of the events. Taehyung didn’t want the fact the he had been forced on suppressants revealed so instead Bighit had released a statement saying that Taehyung had presented as an Omega late.

 

The news was met with varying opinions. Some believing it and others not. It did happen though not too often. His parents had been called before the news had been released and the whole situation explained to them. Sihyuk had paid for his family to come down to the city. Despite the explanation they wanted to see Taehyung and there were more things that needed to be talked about.

 

Things had taken a while to die down but soon a sense of normalcy returned to them. People still talked but it didn’t bother them. He was still Taehyung and that’s all that mattered.

 


Guys I'm still here! This might be the last update until the 21st as exams started today. If I find time before then I'll post another but I can't promise anything.

One of the 5 CD's that I ordered have arrived and it's none other than Jongdae's version of 'Girls'. I have yet to open it and I won't be until the other ones arrive. My birthday is also on the 21st so that means money and that means I can buy some other albums that I really want and prepare for EXO's impending comeback.

There's also something else that I wanted to mention. Recently I have lost a lot of respect for a few of the youtube channels that I'm subscribed to. I used to really enjoy their channels but now I can't even bring myself to watch any of their videos and it's really disappointing. I won't mention any names but it's just something I wanted to share. I'm debating whether or not I should unsubscribed but I have yet to come to a decision.

Anyway I hope you all have a great day and until next time!