Ch. 9: I Wanna Be Yours

Ease My Mind

A/N: Hey, everyone! I apologize for another late update. School has been keeping me busy, so I’m not able to write and complete chapters as sooner as I would prefer to. But, this chapter is quite longer than usual, so I hope that will make up for my absence. ><

Buckle down and please enjoy! ^^



 

“SinB-ah, what’s the answer for question ten?” Yerin, sitting cross-legged on her bed, asked as she doubled checked her work.

 

Meanwhile, SinB was situated in a chair, her legs perched up on the edge of the bed’s wooden frame. Pulling her earphones out, she took hold of the solution book in her lap, flipped through the pages, and blurted out a possible answer to keep Yerin from waiting. “Uh, A.”

 

“It’s not a multiple choice question,” the older girl responded, side-eyeing SinB.

 

“72,” SinB called out an arbitrary number. She sheepishly smiled at her unamused friend.

 

“SinB-ah, when I asked you to come over to my house to help me study, I was really hoping that you’d assist me with preparing for my math exam. Instead, all you’ve been doing is listening to music and pretending you’re the drummer for Wallet Boy.”

 

Fall Out Boy,” SinB corrected aggravatedly. “The band’s name is Fall Out Boy, Yerin-ah. And, I don’t understand why you asked me to help you study in the first place. I’m not even taking Statistics.” Prepared to put her earphones back in and resume her tunes, SinB subtly darted her eyes towards Yerin. The older girl sighed heavily as she punched the buttons of her scientific calculator. Pressing her lips together guiltily, SinB searched through the solution book until she found the right page. “The answer for question ten is 19,656,000.”

 

Straightening her posture, a perky smile spread on the corners of Yerin’s mouth. “I got it right.”

 

“See, Yerin-ah. You don’t need my help. You’re perfectly capable on your own,” SinB reassured, settling her feet on the floor.

 

“Am I?” Yerin questioned in a mere whisper, her expression serious and grave.

 

If it wasn’t for the young werewolf’s heightened hearing, SinB may have never deciphered what the older girl said. She stared directly at Yerin and noticed that her best friend’s beautiful, dark chocolate orbs were beginning to blur with tears.

 

“Yerin-ah,” SinB gently spoke, tone filled with concern, “is something wrong?”

 

Snapping out of her daze, Yerin quickly began to wipe the corners of her eyes. “Mianhae, SinB-ah. It’s just...Yuju and I hit a rough patch in our relationship.” She inhaled a breath before meeting the younger girl’s worried face. “She broke up with me.”

 

SinB saw Yerin biting the inside of her lip and immediately stood up to comfort her distressed friend. Sitting next to a crying Yerin, she wrapped her arms around the older girl’s waist, rocking her side to side and rubbing small circles on her back.

 

“I’m starting to think,” Yerin gasped between sobs, “that if Yuju doesn’t want me, then who will?”

 

Leaning away to look at Yerin, SinB swallowed down all her nerves and anxiety. “I want you, Yerin-ah.” Her best friend’s eyes widened in pure surprise. “The truth is, I’ve been in love with you...for a long time. I was too much of a coward to admit my feelings, though. That’s why I made the selfish decision to study abroad.” She hastily her parched lips. “But, I regret it all. Because seeing you with Yuju made me realize that no matter how far I run, I can never outrun my feelings for you.”

 

SinB carefully tucked a strand of hair out of Yerin’s face. The older girl darted her eyes away momentarily, before finding the courage to confess her own thoughts.

 

“Yuju means nothing to me,” Yerin admitted, voice slightly hoarse. “I guess I only used her to replace you. But, I soon realized that no one can take the place of you, SinB-ah. There’s no one in this world who could ever compete with you.” She stared deeper into her best friend’s soft, brown eyes. “SinB-ah, I love you, too.”

 

SinB felt as if her heart jumped out of her chest. All this time, pretending to only be close friends when, in fact, they were both secretly falling in love with each other.

 

Eyes glued to the older girl’s baby pink lips, SinB slowly leaned forward as if being reeled in by temptation. Cautiously, she brushed her own lips with Yerin’s, waiting for her friend’s permission. Yerin closed the space between them, parting her lips, and allowing the younger girl to kiss her. SinB was heedful, at first. But, with each kiss, she could feel the air around them getting warmer. And, soon, nothing but desire pumped through her veins. Between passionate kisses, she unwrapped herself from Yerin to take off her leather jacket, dropping it to the floor.

 

Yerin, then, placed her hands on the hem of SinB’s black shirt, lifting it up inch-by-inch. Surprised by the cool sensation on her bare skin, SinB grabbed Yerin’s hands before the older girl could remove her shirt completely. Standing on her knees that were situated between Yerin’s legs, SinB rolled her shirt back down as a her eyebrows furrowed in worry.

 

Chest heaving, Yerin sat up in her bed, fingers delicately trailing up and down her friend’s arms. “SinB-ah...what happened?”

 

“Yerin-ah, before we can continue this, there’s something you should know first.” She paused, hoping with all of her might that Yerin wouldn’t see her as a monster. “I’m a werewolf.” Her eyes temporarily gleamed with red. She glanced at the love of her life and was surprised to see, not a look of horror, but a blossoming smile.

 

Yerin giggled, gazing into SinB’s anxious, yet adorable eyes. “I’m a vampire.” She stared up at the younger girl, opened , and revealed a pair of pointy fangs.  

 

“That’s so hot,” SinB uttered, breathless and stunned.

 

You’re so hot,” Yerin flirtatiously returned the compliment. She retracted her fangs before stretching her neck to kiss SinB’s lips. “And, cute. And, y. And, you drive me off the edge of sanity.”

 

Unable to contain all of her emotions, SinB crashed back down on top of Yerin, lips reciprocating the older girl’s insatiable kisses. It wasn’t long before they were tearing each other’s clothes off their bodies.


SinB couldn’t believe what was happening. To finally declare her love for Yerin, to have Yerin return those feelings, and to finally kiss those lips that was the center of many of her dreams. It was a lot to take in. But, when she fully did, SinB howled in satisfaction...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

 

SinB’s eyes snapped open from the blaring sound of her alarm clock. Jolting up into a sitting position, the grouchy werewolf slammed her fist forcefully on the snooze button. Pushing back locks of perspired hair, SinB stayed in bed with her head in her hands as various moments of the dream replayed in her mind.

 

Every kiss, every moan, every declaration of love. SinB sensed her cheeks heating up by the millisecond. Never before has SinB had a dream so vivid that she swore she could still taste Yerin’s ‘Pineapple Paradise’ lip balm.

 

SinB wasn’t sure how she was able to evoke such a steamy dream. Last night, she had her mind set on studying for her calculus exam. But, now, all that information went down the drain as thoughts of Yerin’s soft lips and vanilla skin enraptured every bit of her thinking capacity.

 

But, there was also an odd sense of shame that overcame her. After all, she practically had a dream about her best friend. A part of her, though, a huge part of her, wished that she never woke up. Because, now, she had to face reality. A reality in which Yerin is Yuju’s girlfriend, Sowon is pretending to be in a relationship with SinB, and SinB is barely holding herself together with each passing day.

 

In spite of all of this, the dream certainly gave SinB hope that maybe one day she’ll have the guts to admit her feelings towards Yerin. And, most importantly, that it turns out Yerin reciprocated those emotions. No more Yuju to drive SinB up the wall with jealousy. No more Sowon to fill her head with doubt. It’ll just be Yerin and SinB. SinB and Yerin. Taking on the world together one step at a time.

 

Forcing herself out of bed, SinB walked out of her room and went directly to the bathroom. She needed an icy cold shower to cleanse her dirty mind.


 

Walking down the halls of Navillera High, SinB was treated to the same bewildering attention from her fellow classmates as yesterday. Her silvery-gray highlights were still in immaculate condition, and her leather jacket had the power to make any person swoon. But, unlike the day before, SinB was lacking the one characteristic that made her entire ensemble complete: charisma.

 

When she stepped out of the shower that morning, SinB had hoped to feel refreshed and energized. Instead, she felt sluggish, yet awfully antsy. Even for a person who dreaded mornings, SinB noticed that something was very wrong with her.

 

Now, at her locker, SinB brought her hand up to twist the series of digits on the lock’s combination pad, only to halt and become aware of how sweaty her palms were. In fact, her entire body felt uncomfortably warm.

 

She needed to talk to Umji or Sowon. Perhaps, either one might know exactly what the state of her condition was. Wiping her clammy hands on her skirt, SinB quickly turned the wheel of her locker, opened it, and grabbed a textbook. Unable to withstand all of the layers of clothing she had on, SinB figured it was best to leave her leather jacket behind in the locker. Removing the prized jacket and hanging it on the locker’s hook, SinB felt better, if only by a margin.

 

As she folded the sleeves of her uniform to further cool down and ventilate her skin, a familiar scent, a scent that caused her heart to do jumping jacks and her stomach to somersault, entered into SinB’s nostrils. The next thing she knew, a pair of hands covered her eyes as the person’s mouth hovered by her ear.

 

“Guess who?” Yerin’s honeysuckle voice sweetly spoke.

 

SinB gulped, the hairs on the back of her neck standing at attention. her lips, she took in a deep breath, desperately trying to regain control of herself. “A-annyeong, Yerin-ah,” SinB replied, sounding short of breath and anxious.

 

Upon her best friend uncovering her eyes, SinB turned around to face Yerin. The older girl’s cheerful eye smile soon extinguished into a worried expression.

 

“Omo! SinB-ah, are you okay? Are you feeling sick? Do you have a fever? What’s the matter?” Yerin questioned erratically, eyebrows knitted. Stepping closer to the younger girl, Yerin held a hand up to SinB’s forehead, checking her temperature.

 

“I’m fine, Yerin-ah,” SinB hastily responded, brushing Yerin’s hand away as she shuffled closer to her locker. “A crowd of Freshman fangirls were chasing me this morning, so I had to run to get away,” she joked.

 

“Wow. And, I thought those things only happened in dramas and comics,” Yerin mused back. “But, seriously, SinB-ah. If you’re going through something, you can always tell me about it.”

 

“Gomaweo, Yerin-ah. But, I’m okay. Honestly.” SinB smiled to ease her best friend’s concerns. “And, if you want to know the truth, I didn’t get enough sleep last night. I was too busy cramming for my calculus test.”

 

“I know the feeling. I have a test for my stats class today, as well. But, thankfully, Yuju came over to my house after practice and helped me study.”

 

Though she was smiling and nodding her head on the outside, SinB’s heart thundered at the possibility of Yerin and Yuju not only just studying. She knew it was wrong to think about the couple’s intimate moments. But, she couldn’t stop her chest from aching. From Yerin’s change in demeanor, SinB surmised that she herself had reverted back to a fidgety, apprehensive mess.

 

“Yerin-ah,” SinB spoke, voice trembling and eyes looking anywhere but at her best friend. “I h-have to go...meet Sowon. She’ll probably want me to walk her to class, again.”

 

“Okay,” Yerin said quizzically. “Well, I’ll see you at lunch or practice, then.” Taking a step forward, Yerin placed her arms around SinB’s shoulders, enveloping the younger girl in a compassionate, friendly embrace.

 

Tensing up, at first, SinB soon melted into Yerin’s hug. She freely encircled her arms around the older girl’s body. Hands tightening around Yerin’s waist, SinB brought their bodies closer. She laid her chin on her best friend’s shoulder before digging her face into the crook of Yerin’s neck, taking in her exhilarating scent like it was oxygen. SinB closed her eyes. The rhythm of her breathing became deeper as visions of her dream clouded her mind. If only Yerin wasn’t in a relationship, if only they weren’t currently at school, if only they weren’t wearing their constricting uniforms, if only she could kiss Yerin’s soft, inviting lips….

 

“Pineapple Paradise,” SinB breathed out, snapping out of her fantasy. Immediately, she released the hug in a state of panic. Frazzled, SinB took a trepid step away from Yerin who looked at her in confusion. Shutting her locker to a close, SinB cleared and began backing away from her best friend. “I-I need to go, Yerin-ah. Something suddenly came up.”

 

With that, SinB darted through the hallways searching for Umji’s scent. Double timing her steps down the stairs, she entered the Sophomore level. Like a bloodhound, SinB sniffed the air until she distinguished the young girl’s springtime, daisy fragrance. Once she found it, SinB began to follow it hastily, side-stepping around students and trying not to bump into anyone.

 

The smell led her to Umji’s locker where SinB spotted her knowledgeable neighbor talking to someone whose face was covered by the locker’s door. Umji closed it to reveal, none other than, Sowon. The tall girl casually leaned on the locker next to Umji’s, a charming smile plastered on her face as she conversed with the young girl.

 

Speeding up her pace, SinB approached the pair. Sowon was the first one to notice the werewolf-in-training, the corner of her lips jumping into a smirk. Umji turned around to see what Sowon was looking at, her features brightening as she smiled joyfully.

 

“SinB-unnie!” Umji called out to her friend. “Mianhae for not walking with you to school this morning. Sowon-unnie texted me and asked if she and I could meet up before classes started.”

 

“I asked her if she could tutor me for English,” Sowon informed. “Since I know you’ll be too busy with track, I thought, ‘Why not ask smartypants Pipsqueak for help?’ And, thankfully, she agreed.” She playfully poked Umji’s cheek.  

 

“Great. Swell. Splendid,” SinB briskly commented, tone saturated with sarcasm. “Unfortunately, something very wrong is happening to me right now.”

 

“What else is new?” Sowon jibed, standing up straight and smiling deviously.

 

“What is it, Unnie?” Umji asked, concerned for her friend.

 

“Well, for starters, I haven’t stopped sweating since I woke up this morning. My heart is beating at a hundred miles per hour. There’s this weird, pulsating sensation in the area below my heart, but above my stomach. And, I was thisclose to kissing Yerin as if my life depended on it.” SinB heavily breathed in and out like she had just run a race.

 

As Umji searched through her brain for possible reasons and explanations, Sowon stared at SinB in amusement. It wasn’t long before the Beta werewolf began to roar in laughter.

 

“What’s so funny?” SinB questioned, annoyed over Sowon’s lack of seriousness.

 

The older girl calmed herself down, placing a hand on Umji’s shoulder for support. “Wolfpup,” Sowon spoke quietly for only the three of them to hear, “you’re in heat.”

 

With gaped open, SinB tried to comprehend Sowon’s answer. “In heat? As in…?”

 

“As in, ‘if-we-don’t-put-you-on-a-leash-you-might-get-pregnant-by-the-end-of-today’ in heat,” Sowon responded frankly. “Remember, you’re part wolf, which means that certain traits get passed onto us even if we’re in our human form.”

 

SinB’s eyes went wide in horror. “What should I do?”

 

“Skip school and stay home. That’s what I do when it’s that time,” Sowon simply replied.

 

“And, what do you do at home, Sowon-unnie?” Umji asked curiously.

 

“That secret is mine to keep, Pipsqueak,” Sowon implied, winking at the Sophomore. A deep shade of red appeared on Umji’s cheeks as soon as the pieces clicked.

 

“I can’t skip class today,” SinB argued, head spinning out of control. “I have a very important exam in a couple of minutes, and I need to pass it if I want to compete in the track meet on Friday. How long do these things usually last?”

 

“About a day,” Sowon answered. “Of course, there are methods that can reduce your jitteriness. Methods that involve… physical activity.” She quirked an eyebrow at a perplexed SinB.

 

Umji snapped her fingers as an idea occurred to her. “Oh, I know what you can do, SinB-unnie!”  she chirped in. “You can run a couple of laps around the track field during lunch. That should be enough physical activity to help calm you down.”

 

“Not exactly the idea I had in mind, but that should work,” Sowon approved. “In the meantime, try to think unhappy thoughts like the economy, pollution,... gender inequality. And, avoid Angel Cake Yerin at all costs. Who knows? You might not be so lucky the next time she comes in contact with you.” She paused in thought. “Or, maybe you will.” A suggestive grin stretched the corners of .

 

SinB stood silently in disbelief. Yesterday, she was on top of the totem pole, dominating the school with all the charms of a ‘girl crush.’ But, today, she couldn't be anything less than awkward and uncomfortable.

 

*RIIIINNNNGGG*

 

“Oh, darn. There goes the bell,” Sowon pointed out apathetically. “Be careful out there, Wolfpup. I'll be surprised if you actually make it through this day without getting sent to the principal’s office for misconduct.” She patted the top of SinB’s head before wrapping an arm around Umji’s shoulders. “Come on, Pipsqueak. I’ll walk you to class. You do not want to hang out with a wolf in heat.”


 

The school day came to its torturous end with the ring of the final bell. Exiting out of the classroom, SinB wiped her brow, thankful that she was able to control her “urges.”

 

In the afternoon, she followed both Umji and Sowon’s advice. Without much of an appetite, SinB skipped lunch and headed out to the track field where she sprinted several dozens of laps. And, throughout the day, she tried her best to steer clear of Yerin. Though she was prohibited to see her best friend face-to-face, memories of the older girl kept resurfacing in SinB’s head. It wasn’t only the dream, but little instances here and there that made SinB realize how it was impossible for her not to fall in love with Yerin. Thus, more running ensued.

 

SinB did so much running during lunch that Coach Kwon approached her after the break and said that she could skip out on practice if she pleased.

 

No longer feeling as amped up compared to earlier in the morning, SinB figured that she had regained enough restraint to control herself in front of Yerin. She made a quick stop to her locker and gathered her belongings. Plugging in her earphones, she leisurely headed to the locker room.

 

Once she entered the dull changing area, SinB walked passed the rows of lockers, keeping her head down and being mindful of her teammates’ privacy. Reaching the section of metal lockers that she and Yerin have occupied since Freshman year, SinB entered and darted her eyes back up to greet her best friend. Consequently, though, SinB caught the older girl in one of the most inopportune predicaments.

 

With her back turned away from SinB, Yerin ed her white blouse, draping it on the door of her locker. She, then, nonchalantly removed the undershirt she wore beneath her uniform, revealing a red bra. Accidently dropping her workout shirt on the floor, Yerin proceeded to bend down to pick it up. The length of her skirt shortened, revealing a heart palpitating sight.

 

All the while, SinB found herself in a trance as she stared at Yerin’s milky skin tone. Smooth and soft like rose petals. SinB could feel her dry mouth start to salivate. Like a cruel joke, the most undeniably sensual song in the world began to play through her earphones.  

 

I wanna be your vacuum cleaner/ Breathing in your dirt

I wanna be your Ford Cortina/ I won’t ever rust

If you like your coffee hot/ Let me be your coffee pot

You call the shots babe/ I just wanna be yours

 

“SinB-ah, what are you doing here?” a surprised and, thankfully, clothed Yerin asked SinB upon noticing her best friend.

 

Shaking her head to get herself to refocus, SinB swallowed her excess saliva and smiled innocently at Yerin. “I’m here for track practice, Yerin-ah.”

 

“Really? Even after running all those laps at lunch?” Yerin questioned with a small giggle.

 

“The more practice I get, the better chance I have at winning a race,” SinB replied, subtly wiping her perspiring palms on a nearby towel. “Where’s Yuju?” she asked in an attempt to change the subject.

 

“Yuju’s outside. She had to take an important call regarding her grandfather,” Yerin explained as she twirled her hair into a top bun. “She’s been out there for a while, now. I’m starting to get a bit worried. Yuju is pretty close with her grandfather. I hope it’s nothing too bad.” Yerin sat on the bench to untie her shoes. Glancing up at SinB, she quickly stood up and laid a hand on her friend’s forehead. “SinB-ah, are you sure you want to go through practice today? Your skin feels like it’s on fire.”

 

Eyes blinking wildly, SinB took a cautious step back. “Y-you’re right, Yerin-ah. I should go home and rest before my condition gets worse.” She darted her eyes to the floor before facing the older girl again. “I guess I just wanted to see you.” A shy smile lightened her face. “Well, I’m going to head out.” SinB began to slowly walk backwards, secretly savoring her best friend’s  indescribable scent.

 

“Take care, SinB-ah!” Yerin called out. “Drink plenty of water and take Vitamin C. This team needs you!”

 

SinB gave Yerin one last wave before leaving the locker room. “Not as much as I need you,” she quietly said among the bustle of students passing by.

 

Secrets I have held in my heart/ Are harder to hide than I thought

Maybe I just wanna be yours/ I wanna be yours


 

SinB didn’t go home. In fact, she stayed at school and hid at the very top of the bleachers to watch Yerin and the rest of the track team practice. Yuju was present, though a lot less energetic and lively than how she usually was. Yerin clearly noticed the change in her girlfriend’s disposition, offering her back hugs and sweet kisses on the cheek. And, although SinB hated her rival’s guts, she couldn’t help but feel a bit pitiable towards Yuju.

 

Fatigued from experiencing what it’s like to be “in heat”, SinB decided to lay down and close her eyes about halfway through the practice session. She didn’t plan on falling asleep, but eventually drowsiness took over her.

 

Now, fluttering her eyes open, SinB briskly sat up. Despite her aching neck, she looked up at the sky and noticed that the sun was in the midst of setting. She stood up, stretched out her arms, and grabbed her backpack before making the trip down the flight of metal stairs.

 

Unsure whether the front gate of the school was still open, SinB decided to climb the fence closest to the track field. As she jogged to the fence, SinB kept her ears open to avoid being caught by a teacher. Navillera High slowly succumbed to an eerie quietness as cars from the employee parking lot began to rev up and students were saying their goodbyes as they exited the library. Out of curiosity, SinB tuned her hearing to the locker room. Expecting dead silence, SinB was surprise to discern the sound of a locker closing.

 

Scurrying into the bushes, SinB waited for the mystery person to leave through the side door of the changing area. As the locker room door creaked open, an aroma stirred up the olfactory senses of SinB’s nose. That scent which was impossible to describe, but also impossible to hate.

 

Yerin emerged from the door, wearing her backpack and carrying her workout bag on her shoulder. SinB wanted to help, but she knew that her appearance would seem awfully suspicious. And, so, she stayed crouched down, concealed behind the bushes until Yerin left.

 

Watching her friend walk in the direction towards the front entrance and away from her, SinB began to cautiously rise out the bushes. She was almost standing up straight when she saw a teenage boy, dressed in another school’s uniform steadily running and calling out to Yerin. Her best friend paused out of politeness, but SinB could tell that Yerin had a strange feeling about the boy.

 

Ducking back into the foliage to camouflage herself, SinB listened and watched the unusual and extremely questionable moment unfold.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the boy greeted with a respectful bow as he catched his breath. He had dark-shaggy hair that would have completely covered his eyes if it wasn’t for his thick-rimmed glasses. “I don’t mean to bother you, but can you direct me to the library? My dongsaeng texted me to pick her up.”

 

“You and your sister attend different schools?” Yerin asked, surveying the boy’s more prestige uniform.

 

“Yes. I go to Pledis Academy. Our parents are all about fostering the potential of my dongsaeng and me. No matter what the cost is,” the boy replied with an arrogant change of tone.

 

“I see.” Yerin replied, maintaining a good-natured smile. “Well, the library is in the second floor of that building over there on your left.” She pointed to the far away building behind him.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” he thanked, bowing slightly. “I know that you might be busy, but can you walk me there? Your school’s campus is quite big. For someone who’s not familiar, I fear that I might get lost.” He smiled in a charmingly sympathetic way as he shyly tweaked with his glasses.

 

“Mianhaeyo,” Yerin apologized. “But, I have to get going. My parents are probably starting to grow worried and my girlfriend is waiting for me to call her. But, I promise you that you won’t get lost.” Smiling at the boy, Yerin readjusted the strap of her work out bag and started to walk past him.

 

The boy, though, quickly turned around and pulled on Yerin’s backpack, prohibiting her from leaving.

 

“Oh, I’m sure your parents and girlfriend wouldn’t mind you sparing several minutes to help out a stranger,” the boy said, spinning Yerin to meet his face.

 

“What do you want?” Yerin spoke quietly, voice trembling and eyes on the verge of tears.

 

The boy grinned. “I think you know what I want.”

 

SinB’s blood boiled, breathing was heavy, and stomach churned as she observed from afar. She knew she had to do something. The sky was getting dark and SinB doubted that anyone would actually pass by the locker room. Suddenly, her eyes began to burn like never before. It was as if her inner werewolf was urging SinB to shift. For the first time ever, SinB gladly obliged.

 

Without a second thought, she briskly took of her backpack and removed her clothes. Getting down on her hands and knees, SinB closed her eyes and remained strong despite the painful spasms and bone crunching sensation. Within seconds, she was transformed into a crimson-eyed, silver-gray haired werewolf that was more than ready to attack.

 

Darting out of the bushes, SinB sprinted in the direction of Yerin and the boy. She barked to get their attention.

 

Clearly frightened, the boy threw Yerin harshly to the rough pavement as he made a run for it. His substandard speed was no match with SinB’s, though, even if she wasn’t in her werewolf form. SinB leaped over Yerin who stared at her in amazement. She continued to chase the boy before tackling him to the ground face first.

 

The boy, hair messily sticking out, flipped himself around only to be met eye to eye with SinB’s spine-chilling stare. His eyes went wide and his body stiffened as SinB climbed on top of him, the sharp nails of her paws digging into his collarbone. As the boy’s demeanor contorted with pain, SinB barked and snarled at his face, snapping her teeth, and slobbering on his glasses.

 

Deciding that the boy’s punishment was enough, SinB jumped off of him. Now freed, the boy got up and ran as fast as could before the terrifying werewolf had any second thoughts.  

 

SinB watched the sleazy boy run until he became an insignificant dot on the horizon. Sharply exhaling through her nose, she quirked her head around to check on Yerin. Still situated on the ground, the older girl slid her arms out of the straps of her backpack and exercise bag. Slowly and cautiously, Yerin picked herself up, eyes never leaving the sight of her unconventional hero.

 

Once Yerin came to a full, trembling stand, SinB’s eyes dilated in concern. Her best friend’s right knee was no longer the color of a warm glass of milk. Instead, it looked as if some jerk dipped a paintbrush in red paint and splattered it onto her knee. Yerin was scarred in more ways than one. It took SinB all her willpower to either not chase after the boy again or not shift back to her human form and kiss Yerin’s knee until it was better.

 

SinB couldn’t risk the consequences of either choices. Keeping her distance from Yerin, SinB was prepared to dash away into the shadows. But, her hearing picked up on the sound of the older girl clearing .

 

“Kamsahamnida,” Yerin solemnly relayed her gratitude, a small smile surfacing on her lips.

 

Placing a paw in front of the other, SinB bowed her head. She took one last glance at Yerin who didn’t seem afraid, but more so fascinated of her. Biting down a smile, SinB galloped away to the far end of the track field. She hid in the bushes, waiting and listening until Yerin walked out of the school premises safely.



A/N: I just want to make it clear that the character of “the boy” isn't anyone from NU’EST, Seventeen, or Pledis Entertainment in general. He's an original character that I created to be the antagonist for this chapter.

Song lyrics used: “I Wanna Be Yours” by Arctic Monkeys