Ch. 7: Reptilia

Ease My Mind

A/N: Hey, everyone! Sorry for another late update. I was coughing all week and I also had some things going on with school. Though I’m currently on Spring Break, my teachers assigned a lot of homework -_-* But, I’m feeling much better now, and I’m really hoping to churn out more chapters in a timely manner. Fingers crossed!

 

I also just want to convey my gratitude for all the wonderful comments on last chapter. It kind of surprised me how a lot of you are open to the idea of WonB in this fic. But rest assured, the angst is going to increase in this chapter. ><

 

Again, thank you to all of you who have subscribed. I can’t believe this fic has already gained more than 100 subscribers! Each one of you are amazing and I hope this story will continue to be enjoyable ^^


 

He seemed impressed by the way you came in


"Tell us a story, I know you're not boring"

 

On a sunny Sunday afternoon, SinB and Umji hopped on the first bus that would take them closer to Sowon’s family-owned ranch. As informed by Umji, the estate was quite far from where they lived, about forty minutes to an hour away.

 

During the drive, the two chatted for a bit. SinB was reluctant about bringing up the surprise kiss that Sowon planted on her during their fake date. But, every time the unpleasant memory flashed in her mind, SinB found herself involuntarily shudder with disgust. In the end, she decided to keep that event a secret for the time being. After half an hour of talking aimlessly about school and random topics, Umji retreated to her notebook that she brought along while SinB decided to plug in her earphones and zen out to some tunes for the remainder of the ride. She closed her eyes, letting the rocky movements of the bus coax her into a quick nap.

 

All night, after returning home from her “date,” SinB tossed and turned in her bed, unable to go to sleep. Her mind was wide awake, replaying the tortuous sequence of events leading up to the kiss and ending with Yerin walking away with Yuju, hand in hand. SinB felt angry. Partly because Sowon’s decision of kissing her out of the blue was uncalled for and lacked consent. But, mostly due to the way Yerin reacted after seeing SinB in a loving embrace with someone else.

 

Yerin was “happy” for her. And, SinB’s heart ripped down the center as she wondered if the girl, who represented everything good in her life, strictly saw her as a “best friend.”

 

I said, please don't slow me down if I'm going too fast

You're in a strange part of our town


 

“SinB-unnie,” Umji said, gently shaking the older girl’s arm to get her to wake up. “We’re at the bus stop.”

 

Snapping her eyes open, SinB immediately shielded herself from the rays of light that shined directly on her through the bus’s window. Sitting up in her seat, SinB stretched out her arms and legs while letting out a big, hearty yawn. She looked at Umji and gave her a drowsy, lopsided smile. “How long was I sleeping?”

 

“Probably only twenty minutes,” Umji responded. “We should get going, Unnie. The walk from here to the address Sowon gave is another ten to fifteen minutes.”

 

“Oh, joy,” SinB sarcastically added, covering to stifle another yawn.

 

Stumbling out of the bus, SinB and Umji looked around at their surroundings. From the wide open spaces filled with farmland, there was no doubt that they were in rural Korea. SinB wasn’t particularly familiar with the area. Luckily, Umji was not only an expert in monsterology, but also geography. A self-claimed “GPS with legs,” as the nerdy neighbor put it.  

 

“Based on the text message Sowon-unnie sent me, all we have to do is travel up the road east and take a left once we reach the woodlands,” Umji informed with her phone in hand.

 

“Sounds simple enough,” SinB said, turning her head up and down the empty road. “Hopefully, we won’t get lost.”

 

“Sowon-unnie said that the ranch is pretty big. You can’t miss it.” Placing her phone in her pocket, Umji readjusted the straps of her backpack that she also carried along as she surveyed the length of the road. “Follow me, Unnie. The place should be this way.”

 

Beginning their trek on foot, the two were silent, taking in the fresh air and politely acknowledging the leather-skinned farmers who were working in the field. As they passed by a herd of cows, SinB decided to lighten the mood by imitating the chorus of “moo’s.” Gladly enough, Umji soon joined in, occasionally making cow puns that managed to cause the older girl to laugh, no matter how corny they were.

 

Once they entered to what they perceived to be the ambiguous “woodlands” as described in Sowon’s directions, the light and cheery atmosphere dramatically changed. The previously blue skies had gone bleak with a lifeless gray. There was a dizzying amount of trees at every direction. One wrong turn and it would be like trying to find a way out of a maze.

 

“Umji-ya, stay close,” SinB urged the younger girl as she discerned an overwhelming sense of danger. “Gosh. You would think with all the money Sowon’s parents are loaded with, she would at least send a helicopter or something to take us to this place.”

 

Giggling nervously, Umji took a step closer to SinB, practically hiding behind the older girl’s back. “The destination shouldn’t be too far ahead.” Side-eyeing SinB’s critical demeanor, Umji hugged onto her notebook tighter while clearing . “SinB-unnie, are my ears hearing things incorrectly, or did you just call me ‘Umji-ya?’”

 

“Did I?” SinB asked in genuine surprise. “Mianhae, Umji-ssi. It must’ve slipped without my knowing.”

 

“No, it’s okay, Unnie,” Umji quickly reassured. “You can call me that. It’s just...no one, other than my family, has addressed me like that. It’s almost as if we’re…”

 

“Friends,” SinB finished the younger girl’s sentence, stating it more as a fact than a question. She stopped walking, turning around to face the doe-eyed Sophomore. “Of course, I consider you as a friend, Umji-ya. I don’t tell my secret of being a werewolf to just anyone.” Her lips quirked into a playful grin. “Do you consider me as your friend?”

 

“Absolutely, SinB-unnie,” Umji replied, eyes bold and filled with sincerity. “You’re the first friend that I’ve made in a while.”

 

SinB felt as if her heart grew two more sizes. A wide, sentimental smile dawned on her face as she stared at her next-door neighbor who stared bashfully at the ground. Though she had only known Umji for less than a week, SinB could tell that the young girl was having a difficult time with finding a place among the other students at school. Perhaps, Umji didn’t need to find an exact crowd to fit in. Maybe she just needed that one person who would accept all her non-conforming eccentricities. And, SinB was wholeheartedly willing to be that person.

 

Despite the warm declaration of friendship, an ominous chill suddenly ran up SinB’s spine. The irksome feeling of being watched was present than ever before. Her heightened hearing caught the sound of what SinB perceived to be a tree branch snapping beneath someone’s foot. Jerking her head to the source of the sound, the older girl saw a shadow-like figure skitter amongst the cluster of trees. They weren’t alone. And by the color drained from Umji’s face, SinB figured that the younger girl also caught a glimpse of the mysterious creature.

 

Grabbing Umji’s hand, SinB her heels to run in the direction where they came from. Umji seemed to be frozen with fear as SinB had to tug on the young girl’s arm, forcing her to move. Darting past one tree after another, the older girl halted in her tracks as a gigantic, black werewolf lunged in front of the pair. Distraught with surprise, Umji released SinB’s hand and fell to the ground.

 

Arf Arf Arf Ha Ha Ha!

 

Laughing as she transformed back to her human state, Sowon stood up, dusted off her clothes, and continued to chortle in front of the clearly unamused pair. “Didn’t mean to frighten you like that, Pipsqueak.”

 

“It isn’t funny, Sowon-ssi,” SinB said coldly as she helped Umji to stand up. “You could’ve given us a heart attack.”

 

“Mianhae,” Sowon, arms folded, apologized apathetically. “I knew the two of you would have some trouble with finding the ranch, so I decided to come out here and assist. Of course, I couldn’t skip out on the chance of playing a little, harmless prank, first.” She smirked at SinB who turned her head away irritably.

 

“Hardy-har-har,” SinB deadpanned. “Now, can you show us the way, Sowon-ssi?”

 

“Tough crowd,” Sowon quipped. Clicking her tongue, she began to walk past the sullen and annoyed pair. “Follow me.”

 

For the duration of the hike, there was a tenseness that overcame the group. SinB and Umji walked side by side behind Sowon who did not turn her head to look at them or even speak to them, for that matter. To say that SinB resented Sowon would be an understatement. The Beta werewolf tricking them like that further intensified her vexation. How SinB wished she could turn back time and prevent that kiss between them from ever happening.

 

Though SinB’s heart would thunder in her chest whenever she thought about the irrevocable previous night, she instantly found herself in awe when they finally arrived at the front gate of the ranch. Sowon traipsed to the side of the gate and took out what appeared to be a key card. Swiping the card at the designated area, the tremendous doors of the gate began to slowly creak open. Once fully ajar, SinB and Umji trailed behind a lackadaisical Sowon on the dirt covered land towards the magnificent estate.

 

It was a white, two-story house with a built-in stable on the side. The wood-paneled facade further gave it a distinct country flair while the A-framed rooftops were like the cherry to an already beautiful architectural design. SinB felt as if she was on the set of a movie that took place somewhere down south in the United States.

 

Opening the door to the house, Sowon further led them to the living room. A grand, unlit fireplace occupied one corner. In the middle was a set of lavish leather couches and an oak coffee table with a pitcher filled with an icy beverage.

 

“Have a seat,” Sowon said, finally breaking the silence between the three of them. “Would you girls care for a fresh glass of lemonade? I squeezed them myself this morning.” She picked up the pitcher and began to fill one of the glasses, offering it to Umji who happily accepted it as she sat down comfortably. Sowon filled another glass and extended it for SinB. The werewolf in training declined it with a displeased “no thank you” before sitting next to Umji. Rolling her eyes, Sowon sat down in the couch across from them, sipping on the sweet and sour drink.

 

“Sowon-unnie, are your parents okay with SinB-unnie and me being here in their house?” Umji asked curiously.

 

Sowon smiled before setting her glass down on the table. Crossing her legs, she laced her fingers behind her head as she laid back in the couch. “It’s not that they’re ‘okay.’ It’s more so that they don’t care about my whereabouts. ‘Sit still and look pretty’ seems to be the motto my parents and I agreed upon these past several months. Besides, they only use this place to retreat in during full moons. Other than that, it’s a complete ghost town.”

 

SinB shifted in her seat, feeling rather uncomfortable with how Sowon talked about parents in such a low-minded, yet casual way.

 

Bringing her arms down, Sowon darted her eyes to SinB whose demeanor was anything but friendly. “You’re awfully quiet, Wolfpup. Is something wrong? Can’t get your mind off the passionate kiss we shared last night?”

 

SinB’s entire body went taut like a bowstring.

 

“You two kissed?” Umji piped in, eyes wider than ever before.

 

“More like Sowon forced me into that dreadful kiss!” SinB argued.

 

“Hey, the kiss wasn’t that bad,” Sowon retaliated. “If you would even regard it as a real kiss. It was practically like one of those pathetic kisses you see in dramas. Two lips on top of each other. No movement. No tongue---”

 

“I think I’m going to be sick,” SinB gagged as she covered her ears.

 

“I don’t understand why you’re so upset, Wolfpup. After all, you just ran off last night without saying a word, leaving me all alone in the alleyway.”

 

“I’m upset because you committed assault on my lips, and now Yerin thinks we’re an actual couple!”

 

“No, that’s not the only reason why you’re upset,” Sowon calmly spoke. “You’re upset because the plan backfired.”

 

Jaw clenched, SinB sulked in the firm couch, not wanting to admit to Sowon that she was right, but also couldn’t deny the dreaded fact.

 

“Truth be told, I didn’t only kiss you as an attempt to make Yerin-ssi jealous,” Sowon began to justify. “I was also assessing how you fair with your abilities. And, for an Alpha, the results weren’t good.”

 

Furrowing her brows, SinB looked at Sowon in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

“For starters, your reflexes are weak. Not once did you try to stop me from putting my hands on you or your hands on me. On top of that, it seems as if you’re incapable of multitasking with your five senses. The reason why I kissed you in that particular moment was because not only was I focused on our conversation, but I was also listening in on the conversation between Yerin and Yuju. Your friend was concerned for you. She and Yuju left the dancefloor to look for us. They went outside, Yuju suggested the alley, and voilà.” She snapped her fingers. “I had you under my skin with our lips pressing together.”

 

“So, what you’re saying, Sowon-unnie, is that SinB-unnie could’ve avoided the kiss if only she improved her skill set as a werewolf?” Umji summarized, scribbling in her notebook.

 

“Gold stars for Pipsqueak,” Sowon mused, saluting her glass of lemonade to the young girl.

 

“But...I was too caught up in suppressing my inner werewolf at that time,” SinB said defensively. “And, you caught me off guard.”

 

“Doesn’t matter,” Sowon refuted. “A real Alpha is able to sustain themselves no matter what their current state of emotions are. Face it, Wolfpup. You can’t put all of the blame on me. How long has it been since you were mauled by the big, bad wolf, anyway?”

 

“Almost two months,” SinB answered stubbornly.

 

“How did it happen?” Sowon inquired.

 

Gnawing on the inside of her cheek, SinB brought her legs up on the couch, folding and hugging them to her chest. “It was on a school sponsored camping trip. A two days and one night stay. When we arrived, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. My friends and I pitched our tent, we explored in the woods for a bit, and ate s’mores around the campfire. Then, we all went to sleep. I remember being quite tired that night. It didn’t take me long to fall asleep. But, then I had a dream...a nightmare. I can’t recall what happened in it. I just woke up so suddenly. It felt too warm inside the tent, so I went outside for some air.

 

“But, then I heard a voice coming from the restricted area of the woods. The voice spoke in a whisper, and I still remember what it said. ‘Find me. Follow me. Release me.’ Feeling like I was hypnotized, I did what the voice told me to. And, then, I saw it lurking in the shadows. A werewolf, twice my size. Red eyes glowing in the dark. It charged at me, and I was knocked out unconscious. The next morning, my shirt was torn in the shape of a claw mark. But, my skin didn’t have any scars.”

 

“I can see why you keep having convulsions, keep having to fight off the uncontrollable urge to shift,” Sowon said, refilling her glass. “‘Find me. Follow me. Release me.’ It’s a chant old, yet superior werewolves use to transfer their powers before they die. Sort of like passing the torch to the next generation. They must’ve been a lone wolf without any children if they decided to choose an outsider.”

 

“What should I do?” SinB questioned as she unfolded her legs.

 

“The first step of being a werewolf is accepting that you’re a werewolf,” Sowon replied condescendingly.

 

Standing up from the couch, SinB paced to the other side of the room. “I can’t do that. Never will I accept this monster inside of me.”

 

Sowon stood up, as well, eyes following SinB’s haphazard movements. “Hate to break it to you, Wolfpup. But, the more you keep thinking of that ‘monster’ as your enemy, the more it’s going to treat you as its .” Sowon held her ground despite SinB’s red-eyed, menacing stare. “And, I mean that in both the literal and derogatory definition of the word.”

 

“Unnies!” Umji exclaimed, earning the attention of both girls whose eyes were changing color. “Can the two of you please calm down?”

 

Chest heaving as she breathed in and out through her nostrils, Sowon decided to slowly walk towards an equally peeved SinB. Facing one another, the older girl looked directly into the eyes of the higher ranking werewolf.

 

“You should be grateful,” Sowon spoke, tone and facial expression composed. “Many werewolves would kill to be an Alpha.”

 

“It’s not like I asked to be a werewolf in the first place. Nonetheless, an Alpha werewolf,” SinB rebutted with a certain contriteness as she tried to stabilize her emotions.

 

“Consider it as a blessing. Unlike vampires, werewolves don’t just attack for a quick bite to eat. You weren’t randomly selected, Wolfpup. The Alpha wolf who attacked you chose you.”

 

With knitted eyebrows, SinB pressed her lips together, subtly them and wishing she hadn’t refuse that glass of lemonade. “But, why?”

 

“That’s for you to come to terms with. But, something tells me that your decision of studying overseas wasn’t as spur-of-the-moment as you wanted everyone to believe.”

 

Feeling as if she got hit by a truth bomb, SinB stood there speechless. She had never met anyone quite like Sowon. Someone who saw right through her charade. Someone who was fearless to speak frankly. It was commendable, but also very unsettling. SinB had a hunch as to what the reason may be. The problem was that she wasn’t ready for anyone else to know.


Sowon walked to a long, wooden cabinet located at the other end of the room. Opening the top drawer, she took out a folded, burgundy bathrobe and gave it to SinB. “I figured it might be a hassle for you to continuously remove your clothes to shift. Get undress and put it on. Pipsqueak and I will wait for you outside. Your training starts now, Wolfpup.”


 

“Sowon-ssi, how many of these exercises do you expect to do?!” SinB yelled to her ‘mentor’ as she stood behind a tree.

 

“Just a couple more, Wolfpup!” Sowon, wearing sunglasses and reclined in a sunbathing chair, answered back. “This exercise is meant to help you get use to shifting voluntarily.”

 

SinB glanced at Umji who sat next to Sowon in another chair, though not as comfortably. The younger girl gave her a small, sympathetic smile and a nod of the head, feeling sorry for SinB.

 

Rolling her neck and shoulders, SinB huffed out a breath before getting down on her hands and knees. She closed her eyes, digging her fingers into the grass as they turned into paws. Soon enough, she was transformed back into the werewolf that she despised. In her wolf form, SinB sprinted, perhaps 50 meters in distance, to the next humongous tree. Transforming back to her human state, SinB yelled out “45!” before crouching to the grassy, woodland floor, morphing into a werewolf, and repeating the same process. By the time she counted her 50th lap, Sowon whistled for SinB to take a break.

 

Tired and drained of all energy, SinB leaned an arm against the tree, catching her breath. Her entire body ached and she could feel the start of a migraine pulsating in her brain’s frontal lobe. Picking up the discarded bathrobe, SinB cloaked herself with it, wiping the sweat off her forehead and neck in the process. Once she made sure the knot was secure enough and that the robe covered all body parts she dared not expose, SinB walked over to Sowon and Umji in the patio.

 

“Have some water, Unnie,” Umji said, offering a tall glass of icy water to SinB who accepted it graciously.

 

“Good work, Wolfpup,” Sowon spoke, removing her sunglasses and carelessly dropping them into the long chair. “Fifty more laps and we’ll call it a day.”

 

Mouth dropping and eyes filled with disbelief, SinB couldn’t fathom what the older girl was saying. “You can’t be serious, Sowon-ssi.”

 

“I’m just playing with you, Wolfpup,” Sowon reassured as she broke out into an amused grin. “Sixty more laps and we’ll call it day.” She winked, signaling another cruel joke.

 

SinB shook her head at Sowon before downing the entire glass of water. She took a seat on one of the metal patio chairs, running her fingers through her damp hair. Umji pulled up a chair next to her. The two exchanged weary smiles. Flipping through her notebook, Umji stopped at a particular page and held it out for the older girl to see.

 

“Check this out, SinB-unnie. I drew you as a werewolf,” Umji said, sounding slightly nervous. “It’s not my best work. But, it’s pretty decent.”

 

SinB stared at the black ink, ballpoint pen sketch of her in her werewolf form as she ran from one tree to the next. The length of her body was stretch out with her front and hind legs in mid-air. The background of foliage and forestry was blurred, giving it the effect that she was moving much faster than her surroundings could keep up with. Despite Umji’s humbleness, the drawing was quite remarkable. For once, SinB didn’t feel so ashamed about being a werewolf.

 

“It’s a work of art, Umji-ya,” SinB acknowledged, smiling at the younger girl. “You’re really talented.”

 

“Not too shabby, Pipsqueak,” Sowon commented, looming over the pair to get a better view of  the drawing. “Although, I think you may have made Wolfpup far too majestic. Don’t want her to get a Napoleon complex.” She snickered before taking a seat.

 

SinB released an exasperated sigh. “Thanks for helping me out today, Sowon-ssi. But, after I rest for a bit, Umji and I are going to head back home. It’s getting kind of late, and I don’t want to worry any of our parents.”

 

“Home,” Sowon repeated in a sarcastic sort of manner. “Of course. To spare you the trouble, I can pay for the bus ride back to town for the both of you. My family is ‘loaded.’ Using their credit card won’t put them in bankruptcy.”

 

“Kamsahamnida,” SinB thanked with a tight-lip smile and a polite head bow.

 

“No problem,” Sowon replied. “But, if we’re going to continue this mentor-student thing, I have an assignment for you, Wolfpup. It’s nothing too tedious like math homework. Consider it as food for thought, if you will.”

 

“What is it?” SinB asked, heart thumping anxiously.

 

Drumming her fingertips against the chair’s armrest, Sowon leaned closer to SinB’s face. “Do you have a happy place, Wolfpup? A head space that keeps you sane? A mental thought that prevents the werewolf inside from taking shape in the most undesirable circumstances?”

 

SinB was puzzled, unsure how to answer a question like that. Sowon’s eyes were staring at her enchantingly as if trying to fish out the information. Clearing , SinB inclined her posture farther away from the older girl. “I guess I do. Listening to rock music helps me to ease my mind at times.”

 

“Anything else?” Sowon asked with a hint of aggravation in her tone. “A place? A fantasy? A person? You can tell it to us, Wolfpup. Pipsqueak and I won’t laugh.” Her lips formed into a smirk.

 

Looking up to the sky, SinB breathed out an irritated sigh for the umpteenth time that day. She would rather do seventy more of those tortuous laps instead of revealing what her ‘happy head space’ was. But, Sowon would probably still want her to answer the question in the end.

 

With a regretful look on her face, SinB met the older girl’s eyes and inhaled a deep breath. “It’s Yerin,” she admitted.

 

“Just as I thought,” Sowon responded, leaning back in her chair. “Unfortunately, this requires you to do something I know that you won’t be willing to do, Wolfpup.” Darting her eyes to the design of the stained glass patio table, Sowon looked back up to see a perplexed SinB. “Forget about Yerin-ssi and find a new ‘happy place’ or a ‘focal point’ as we werewolves tend to call it.”

 

SinB stared at Sowon incredulously, confused by the older girl’s request. “You want me to do what?!”

 

“You heard me,” Sowon growled, expression profusely serious. “Your obsession with Yerin is holding you back from reaching your potential. You need to let go of your feelings for her. Last night was clearly an indication that your adoration for her is nothing but a one-sided crush.”

 

SinB clenched her jaw so tightly that not even the strongest man in the world could pry open. “Mianhae, Sowon-ssi. But, I can’t just make my feelings for Yerin vanish.”

 

“I’ll let you in on a secret, Wolfpup. Once upon a time, I use to regard my Unnie as a focal point. Before my parents and everyone with a pulse started to worship the ground she walked on, she actually treated me as her little sister. She used to sing songs to help me go to sleep. She took care of me when I was ill with the flu. But, the prettier she became, the more rigid our relationship developed. And, soon enough, she began to treat me like an almost perfect stranger. That’s when I knew I had to move on and stop fooling myself on the idea that she could actually help me find some inner peace. When I did, I was finally able to reach the height of my powers.

 

“You need to stop fooling yourself, Wolfpup. I’ve accepted the fact that my Unnie will never love me the same way when we were kids. Now, you need to accept the fact that Yerin will never love you past the friend zone.”

 

SinB was stone cold silent. Fidgeting with the ends of the bathrobe belt, she couldn’t bring herself to look at Sowon or even Umji. A great pressure was on her chest from hearing the older girl’s forthright, yet devastating words. She knew that her best friend probably wasn’t interested in her romantically. But, to hear someone say it out loud in front of her face made SinB feel as if her ship had sunk into the deep trenches.

 

“I’m going out for a run. You two can leave when you’re ready,” Sowon said sternly. Reaching into her back pocket, she took out her wallet and opened it. “Here. Return it to me tomorrow at school.” She laid out a credit card on the table.

 

Standing up from her chair, Sowon shifted into a werewolf like it was second nature to her. Without looking back at the group, the black-haired creature bolted into the thick forest.

 

A perturbed quietness filled the air for an undeterminable amount of time. SinB, a sweaty mess, sat there contemplating every word Sowon affirmed.

 

“What do you think, Umji-ya?” SinB asked, voice quivering and lacking emotion. “Should I listen to Sowon’s advice?”

 

Umji placed a hand on SinB’s shoulder. “I think you shouldn’t take her advice to heart. I’ve only known Sowon-unnie in a short amount of time and could already tell that she’s no expert in love and relationships. She does have a point, though, about Yerin-unnie. But, if you believe you can’t deny your feelings for her, I think there’s another way around it.”

 

Ears perking up, SinB stared directly at the younger girl. “What do you have in mind?”

 

“You said that other than during the full moon, a feeling of jealousy can trigger you shift, right?” Umji asked, in which SinB responded with a head nod. “And, this jealousy stems from Yerin and Yuju being in a relationship?” SinB sheepishly looked down before nodding her head “yes” in reply. “Maybe you can try to desensitize yourself. Maybe by continuously seeing Yerin and Yuju together your brain and body will become so accustomed that it will no longer bother you. You’ll no longer feel the need to shift.”

 

“I don’t know if I can do that, Umji-ya. Last night was a torture fest. I almost lost all control.”

 

“How about rejoining the track team? I saw all those trophies in your room, SinB-unnie. I know you were a hotshot track champ back in your day. You can reclaim your title and blow off some steam by running if you find yourself unable to keep calm.”

 

With SinB still unconvinced by Umji’s plan, the young aficionado grinned upon thinking of another point to hopefully get the Alpha werewolf on board with the idea.

 

“Unnie, I’ll have you know that other than being an expert in the realm of the supernatural and geography, I’m also a bit of a teen movie enthusiast. And, you know what’s the best teen movie cliche? A makeover montage scene. The geek takes off their glasses and suddenly becomes the most popular person in school. That’s what you need to do, SinB-unnie. But, instead of taking off the glasses, you should embrace the fact that you’re a werewolf who has all these cool, special abilities that Yuju-unnie will never have. And, once you're dressed and ready to leave, I know the exact place we can go to get started in your transformation as the new and improved SinB.”

 

Umji picked up the platinum credit card Sowon left and smiled mischievously at her reluctant friend.



Song lyrics used: “Reptilia” by The