Seven

Talk to Me

“Why did you even do that?! Now I don’t know how to tell her that I don’t have a girlfriend. I mean, it was clear to her and I don’t even have to tell her because not like I want to assure her I’m single and not—“

 

“Okay, okay, I get it. Just stop prancing around the room, please sit down.” Jisoo points out to her chair. They were in the clinic right after Mina texted them to meet them there, and fortunately there was no one aside from them that’s in there. Momo glanced at the two, with Sana in her lap playing games on her phone.

 

“What’s the problem though? We’d always do that before and the problem gets solved. No one would hit on you and she’s asking a lot of questions. I just really want to hang out with this little one here.” Jisoo pinches Sana’s cheeks, glancing at Mina after who still has worry written on her face.

 

“Besides, I have Jennie already. Why are you even worrying it’s not like there’s something—oh.” Jisoo looks at Mina then to Momo who nods her head at her. “There might be something happening between her and Miss Im and you might have ruined it a little.” Momo answers.

 

It didn’t take a moment for Mina to throw a piece of paper towards Momo’s direction and stopping immediately, realizing Sana is sitting on her. Mina could only glare at her and Momo pulls her tongue out before chuckling.

 

Jisoo was wide-eyed the whole time, gaping, looking as if she wants to say something but stopping. “Finally! It was time you have a girlfriend Mina! I’m tired of seeing your lonely sulking around. And yeah, after Chaeyoung, they really couldn’t walk near you. So are you in trouble or did I just ruin the possibility of you having a girlfriend?”

 

“She’s not my girlfriend and we don’t have something going on between us. I just don’t want her to have the wrong idea of me having a girlfriend.” Mina sits down finally, she sighs, contemplating why she even gets this pump up over a small misunderstanding.

 

“Yeah, unnie, say that when you finally like a boy which is never going to happen so yeah,” Sana mutters, eyes focused on the phone she’s holding and all Mina could do was stare in disbelief at her sister.

 

 

“You two are teaming up against me. What’s new?”

 

“Don’t worry Mina, I can fix this, so you can have your girlfriend back and yeah, yay.” Jisoo closed her fists and waved them in the air, seemingly cheering for Mina who lost her mind already.

 

“No, you will not do anything, and she’s not my girlfriend for god’s sake!”

 

“Yeah, soon to be girlfriend, I’m wrong forgive me.” Jisoo says as she turns her back to Mina and proceeds to get Sana from Momo’s arms.

 

“Oh god no…” Mina pinches the bridge of her nose, unprepared for the trouble her friend is about to give.

 

****

 

“So?” Jeongyeon says at her, eagerly waiting for her answer after asking her why she is acting so unusual.

 

“I got nothing to say.” Nayeon simply says, returning to her work. Jihyo eyed her weirdly, trying to find possibilities about her friend’s behavior.

 

“Something happened. Pfft, don’t me Nayeon. I’ve known you for years, stop it.” Jeongyeon says, leaning closer to the older.

 

“I’m pretty sure you’ll be over it after you say it to us—“

 

“Mina has a girlfriend.”

 

“—s, wait, did I hear wrong?” Jihyo almost spitted her water, but managed to hold it in.

 

“Yeah, I wish I heard it wrong too.” Nayeon dejectedly says. Both Jeongyeon and Jihyo have their mouths opened. Just a while ago, they were teasing Nayeon about Mina and now here they are finding out the latter has a girlfriend.

 

“I’m sure you heard wrong, Yeon.” Jeongyeon began to worry, sure, she’s always teasing Nayeon being helpless around Mina but now that the doctor really has a girlfriend after all the interactions she made with Nayeon, she just couldn’t believe it.

 

“Yeah, impossible. Watching you guys last night, there was really something between you—“ Jihyo spats out before cutting short by Jeongyeon who nudges her side. Eyeing Nayeon who almost had no will already.

 

“Hey, it’s not like it’s the end of the world.” Jihyo tried to comfort the older. “It’s not like she’s the last woman on Earth you’d fall for. And how many times did you tell us you were going to move on but here you are, brooding over her.”

 

“I just don’t get it. I’m starting to think she’s a player, really. The other day I saw a woman kiss her on the cheek and now a different woman appearing out of nowhere saying she is her girlfriend. I’m just going to give up. You’re right, it’s not like she’s the last woman on earth. AND it’s not my fault every time I try to ‘move on’” Nayeon made invisible quotation marks as she says, “that she keeps getting closer to me.”

 

Jeongyeon and Jihyo both nod in acknowledgement as they retreat into their desks. Thinking that Nayeon needs space after a revelation they couldn’t take in.

 

Nayeon noticed someone still staring at her and there he is. what again Nayeon thinks. Out of her bad mood, and him pestering her, Nayeon might have agreed to her treating him somewhere. Acting out of impulse. Now Nayeon might just be regretting her decision already.

 

She looks up and sees Minhyuk smiling at her. She smiled back out of respect and returns to the papers she’s reading before huffing.

 

This is a bad idea.

 

****

 

“So they’re together? Or not?” Jisoo asks, cradling Sana’s head who had fallen asleep already.

 

“Mina is a coward and Nayeon is too shy. No one would dare say what the other is feeling and I’m getting frustrated over it. You see, Nayeon has been going to the clinic for appointments and I’m pretty sure she’s got a crush on Mina but Mina on the other hand denies it and says it’s only normal but she doesn’t realize how red her face is when we’re talking about Nayeon. So it’s complicated.” Momo explains, typing furiously on her laptop as Jisoo looks at her scared.

 

“This’ll be basic, trust me. I’ll go straight to the point with her. Does Nayeon still go to check-ups?”

 

“That’s the problem. She stopped, but then their mother has to go away for a business trip, Mina just became a parent, picking Sana up who, I think is destiny, where Miss Im is working.”

 

“oh,” Jisoo grins. “That sounds like something out of a k-drama, huh. Feels like the world doesn’t even want you two to get away from each other.” She teases Mina who sneers at her in return, crossing her arms.

 

“Stop bothering with my life, I don’t like Miss Im.”

 

“You don’t like her because you love her.” Momo winks at her before high-fiving Jisoo who struggles for a bit because of Sana.

 

Mina rolls her eyes, done with her friends planning something terrible, before stepping near the door, observing. The sky is starting to turn dark and she remembers her umbrella, who unfortunately (or fortunately) is still with Nayeon. She sees the people starting to run and starting to take cover when one drop hasn’t even fall yet.

 

Then, Mina sees something. And she couldn’t resist looking at them. Not when it is Miss Im and some guy standing close beside each other and Mina, dear Mina, watches them. She grits her teeth unknowingly. Noticing how the man was obviously trying to make moves on Nayeon but she refuses them off. It seems that the man was talking endlessly and Nayeon only nods, making Mina flinch. Seeing Nayeon with someone else stirs something inside Mina and she couldn’t grasp what it is.

 

She sure wishes the rain would fall soon, and hard. Mina wishes the rain would fall and hit the man Nayeon is beside with, hard.

 


 

HAHAHAHA  there's been another au that is starting to form inside my head and i don't know what to do anymore.