Four

Talk to Me

Nayeon couldn't utter anything, she can't move, can't speak, basically, she is frozen.

 

"Uhm…" she tried to make something come out of , to not be this obvious about her. She had an internal conflict, whether she'll ask Sana or directly at Mina. But it would be rude to ask Sana when Mina is already there.

 

"Miss Im?" Mina asked worriedly, seeing Nayeon in a daze for quite a while is actually worrying. Nayeon came back to her senses and turned her head at Mina, which she immediately regretted because the latter is staring directly at her.

 

"Y-yes?" She stutters, trying so hard, to hide her blush from Mina. While Sana is enjoying this too much, giggling quietly while she sees her teacher suffer.

 

"Nothing, you're just standing there for a while now." Mina smiled and Nayeon's heartbeat beats faster. She tried to collect herself, breathing heavily.

 

"Doctor Myoui, are you Sana's…?" She stops, she doesn't even know their relationship, and she doesn't even know why Mina is there, fetching Sana. She was so confused.

 

"I'm her sister." And Nayeon panics, she has been telling Sana how her day was and Sana knows her crush on her. Nayeon shifts her gaze at the little girl, smiling innocently, like she has done nothing wrong.

 

'She. Is. Her. Sister. Oh.'

 

Nayeon must've known about this. She is Sana's teacher for someone's sake. But she doesn't really meddle with their personal information or their family lives, only if it is necessary.

 

Nayeon bows at them, hurrying to grab her things and return at the faculty. She went inside and closed the door; she leaned at the door for a while before a voice asks her.

 

"What happened again?" Jihyo asks, eyeing Nayeon who looks like she has seen something scary.

 

"Do you think she knows?" Nayeon arches her brow at Jihyo and looks at her like she really needs an answer. Jihyo didn't answer and watch in amusement as her unnie keeps on walking around the faculty room.

 

Jeongyeon entered and nearly bump Nayeon's face on the door.

 

"The hell! Yoo Jeongyeon!" She shouted as she retracts her arms around her head.

 

"You know the last time I checked you are kindergarten teacher and teaches elementary kids that are very pure and innocent and should not hear words like 'The hell! Yoo Jeongyeon!'" She imitates how Nayeon sounded and Nayeon could only glare at her.

 

"Haha. Funny."

 

"Anyways, why are you even walking around that your face wants to kiss the door?"

 

"Her crush, Myoui Mina, is the sister of one of our students, Sana ssi." Jihyo answered for Nayeon, seeing how tense the latter is.

 

"Then why are you panicking? Like, something bad is going to happen?"

 

"She could've known! Even when I'm in her clinic! Sana could've told her!"

 

"And why would Sana tell her?"

 

"Because she's her sister, Argh! It's so hard to talk to you guys." Nayeon sat on the chair, frustrated.

 

Jihyo and Jeongyeon could only try to hide their laugh.

 

****

 

"Is she alright? She looks in a daze since a while ago." Mina fixes Sana's bag and carries her for them to fit in the umbrella.

 

"Oh, don't mind her. She is fine, just completely shocked." Sana grins and Mina could only snicker at her sister.

 

"You little snake,"

 

"I'm not completely a snake. I didn't betray Teacher Im. I just told you what you needed to know and now you're here, you're going to make a move! Congrats unnie." Sana claps while Mina stares weirdly at her.

 

"E-excuse me, what?"

 

"Make a move on her. Don't you get that?"

 

"What no? Why would I make a move on her?I-I don't like her that way," Mina avoids Sana's eye contact and tries her best to change the topic.

 

"Anyways--" She was cut off by Sana's hand covering half of Mina's face.

 

"Unnie. What if some other people would steal her? What if somebody will be hers and not you? You should really make a--"

 

"Look! Sana, finally, want to eat? I'm getting hungry also. I'll treat you come on." Mina successfully changed Sana's focus; seeing how the latter immediately turned her head at the word eat. Mina finally sighed.

 

****

 

Mina tried to rest on her bed, but that stupid grin on her face just can't help itself. Not when Mina thinks how adorable and cute flustered Nayeon is earlier.

 

She tries to shrug it off and sleep but she can't. She suddenly remembers the handkerchief of Nayeon.

 

"I should give it back to you now that I have the chance. But I hope you still didn't forget." Mina smiles at this.

 

****

Nayeon was anxious. It was school day and it means going to her work and that means walking to it and by walking to it that means seeing Mina's clinic.

 

"This is bad." She mutters. Her day started off the usual, eating pancakes, drinking coffee and walking. Suddenly, an unexpected rain came and Nayeon should've known this. It rained yesterday, so why not today?

 

She runs, trying to cover herself because she just forgot to bring her umbrella, and doesn't notice that another person was just about to get out when she bump to it.

 

3..2..1... Boogsh!

 

Nayeon bumps to the person and rubs her head. Saying sorry and bowing too many times is just how Nayeon is. She helped the other person to get up that is now soaking wet by the looks of her shirt. Nayeon looks at the person and is immediately blushing when she saw who it is.

 

"Doctor Myoui?"

 

"Oh, Miss Im. It's you. Not much on a rush, are we?"

 

Nayeon smiled sheepishly, hiding her embarrassment from Mina.

 

"I'm really sorry; I'll pay your clothes! I'll change your clothes!" Nayeon says while bowing her head and it is too late when she realizes what she just said.

 

"What?"

 

"N-nothing. That isn't what I meant. I mean, I should, uhm... You know... it is not what I meant really." Nayeon does too much hand signs and Mina is getting amused at this. She stops her hands and holds it so Nayeon would just calm down.

 

"Relax, Miss Im. Relax, are you going to school? Here, borrow first my umbrella, seems that you forgot one seeing how you were running a while ago." Mina smiled, taking her umbrella from the clinic and giving it to Nayeon.

 

Nayeon hesitates at first, blushing so hard, she doesn't know what to do anymore. She just accepted it and quickly ran away. Mina was supposed to give the handkerchief back at her but the moment she returned, she's gone.

 

"She left? I'm about to return her handkerchief…" Mina looks down at the handkerchief she's holding and sighs. Suddenly, an arm swiftly finds it way to Mina's shoulder and tackles her.

 

"I saw all of that." Momo grins at Mina who literally wants to kill Momo on how she's looking at her.

 

Meanwhile, Nayeon is regretting every decision she made in her life. Too embarrassed about the scene earlier, how she's acting when she's with Mina and how Mina held her hand a while ago.

 

"Oh god." She sighed.

 

"Why are there already too many things happening at the morning?" And that's only the beginning, what more if Mina would always come to fetch Sana?

 


HUEHUEHUE, I HEART YOU ALL~