Eleven

Talk to Me

“Why is Mina slamming her head on the table?” Seulgi eyed Mina who has been looking so dead ever since she returned to the hospital. Wendy follows her gaze and examines her, stepping forward to go to talk to their dead friend.

 

“Hey.” Seulgi says.

 

“I want to bang my head into the wall.” Mina mutters and Seulgi’s eyes widened at this.

 

“What? A hi would be good, Mina.” Seulgi chuckles as she stands beside the hopeless girl, her forehead still glued on the table. Mina shakes her head and Wendy wanted to laugh at the situation but Seulgi is pinching her arm instead. Sending threats through her eyes to keep shut.

 

“What happened, anyway?” Wendy asks, finally, after calming down and taking a deep breathe. Seulgi is looking at her and is thinking how extra her friend's acting is.

 

“I did something embarrassing, and now I have no idea how to face her again. Not that I want to face her again, but you get what I mean.” She finally lifts her head off the table, and both were surprised seeing the dull eyes of the girl.

 

“I’m sure you’ll get over it. Knowing you, there is no reason for you to be too worried about that.” Wendy slings an arm around Mina as she helps her stand up from the table. “Why don’t we talk this over for lunch? That seems to occupy your mind, a lot. And it’s not good to stress over these things, you know that Mina.”

 

Mina subtly shakes her head, rejecting the lunch proposal to return to her misery. “It’s alright. You two can go. I’m just resting a bit. I’m still not finished checking the scans, and I still have to work with Doctor Park about it.”

 

“Oh, that . Well, good luck Mina.” The two bade farewell, leaving Mina alone with her thoughts. It feels good to be back, after another doctor replaced her position in the clinic. Momo was still in the clinic, though. Leaving her alone for a while. Mina was grateful about this, having to return and finally work again but she still feel something is missing.

 

It doesn’t help with the fact that her mind kept replaying scenes and Mina swears she almost loses her mind.

 

So embarrassing. What am I even thinking, saying that?

 

She sees Doctor Park in the corner of her eyes and immediately chills invaded her system. Got to go back to work now.

 

She takes out her phone, messaging Jisoo about picking Sana up for her, the reason that she’ll probably be working overtime, there's another reason but Mina decides to keep that to herself.

 

Jisoo agrees, and Mina takes a deep breathe before going back. Puts on her white lab coat and walks away. Tucking her phone back to her bag.

 

 

****

 

The whole week has been going on just like that. Mina managed not to contact Momo and she herself couldn’t believe that. It made Momo worry a bit. But since it's not new that both could be so busy with their careers Momo worries over the thing they did days ago.

 

“She ignored us for four days and during the course of those four days, she’s been getting me to pick Sana from her school. I’m tired of this. Mina needs to boost her confidence. What happened, tell me?” Jisoo crosses her arms, raising a brow at Momo.

 

“The director took her back to the hospital.” Momo shrugs off, busy examining some papers, clipboards scattered all over her desk.

 

“No, I mean when you pushed her out to meet the teacher. Mina is so obvious. She’s definitely avoiding her.”

 

“She’s blushing intensely, feels like I’ve put her in an oven and let her burn herself for at least three hours.”

 

Jisoo looks at her weirdly. “That’s a weird analogy but okay, and then what?”

 

“And then nothing. She’s silent, not a word coming from her until we got home. And then the next day we just knew she’s going back, crazy, right?”

 

Jisoo groans, she has many plans under her skin and then Mina had to go away. Bad timing.

 

“Now, it’ll be harder.”

 

“Definitely.”

 

 

 

****

 

Friday came and soon, Mina found herself dozing as she parked her motorcycle near the huge building. She is still getting used to the change of environment, still feeling new even if she already worked here before.

 

Mina walks to the entrance of the building. Despite the sun high up in this morning, the cold is still seeping in making her fasten her pace. But someone held her wrist and pulled her back, and Mina was about to scream when she turned around and breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Jisoo… It’s just you. You scared me.” Mina jumps. She wasn’t expecting to see Jisoo this early in the morning, and wasn’t expecting that kind of experience to happen too. Mina glares at her but found her friend glaring back and so began a glaring competition.

 

“You know what? This is pointless. I’m going to be late so if you could just…” Mina tried to pull her hand from Jisoo’s grasp but the girl is persistent.

 

“I’m not going to pick Sana up today.” Jisoo says, expecting an exaggerated reaction from Mina. But the latter only nods. Understanding what Jisoo means to say. She looks at her confused.

 

“I understand. She’s my responsibility after all, I'm just really busy. You could just text me?”

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll get going. Don’t worry I’ll pick her up later. And thank you for doing the favor these past few days. Bye!” She tugs her hand away from Jisoo and continues to walk back to the hospital.

 

“What?” Jisoo took her phone out, speechless with the behavior of her friend. It’s not new, Mina has always been the most matured between them but after what has been happened between her and Nayeon, she is speechless.

 

“I think we need a new plan.”

 

 

****

 

 

Nayeon couldn't think straight. Ever since what happened, her mind has been a mess. Mina is too much of a threat for her poor heart to accept. She thinks that organ is going to fail her soon with how loud it beats every time she remembers those scenes that made her heart flutter.

 

It keeps her up at night, how this is not just a simple crush anymore. Her feelings were very different now. She wouldn't ignore or deny that Mina gave her flowers, called her beautiful (it is believe that Nayeon is still screaming about it.), took care of her while she's sick and even had a ride with her to her home.

 

The thought of it alone makes Nayeon smile and her students must be thinking how weird it is, to smile out of nowhere. She glances around the room. Waiting for the students to pass their papers so she could go out now and wait for their next teacher to arrive.

 

"Teacher Im is so smiley these days..." Tzuyu whispers and Sana and Dahyun looks at her. Sana did not have a chance to talk to her sister as she's been occupied with her work lately, leaving Sana with Jisoo most of the time.

 

"Teacher Im is always smiling, though." Dahyun chips in, eyebrow raising and Tzuyu swears she saw that before.

 

"Noo~ I mean, you can see the sun when she smiles. It's too bright. I hate it." Both girls turned their heads at Tzuyu, surprised with the twist she said.

 

****

 

"Momo, it's almost time. Shall we set them up for a date?" Jisoo grins, with a whiteboard marker on her hand and a whiteboard on the other. Momo nods slowly, bored with whatever plan Jisoo has in mind.

 

"Don't you have anything to do other than this?"

 

"Oh, come on! Be positive. I've been thinking about this for a few days. I swear it'll work. They can't resist Sana!" Jisoo whines earning an annoyed groan from Momo, throwing a pillow at the older. She didn't even answer her question.

 

"Okay, okay. What do we have to do?"

 

"Set them up for a date! Including Sana, if Sana's not there they will surely not talk to each other."

 

Momo's face resigned in recognition. "Alright. But don't blame me if Mina will lash out on us after this."

 

"No, pretty sure she'll enjoy it. Did you contact her friends? We need their help, remember?" Jisoo crosses her arms, staring intently at Momo as the girl subtly takes out her phone and checks it. Momo laughs awkwardly, and began messaging Jihyo and Jeongyeon whom she have gotten close for a while.

 

"There! Send."

 

"Good, now all we need is Mina." Jisoo smirks, followed by an evil laugh while Momo is slowly dozing off from the couch, not minding her friend who feels like she's a villain on some show.

 

****

 

Mina exits the hospital, walking towards her motorbike as she plugs in the key and starts the engine. She has a day off tomorrow and sure, she'll be spending that with Sana. She couldn't wait to get out of this building. Mina forgot how busy it could be at the hospital. Her voice is almost gone after talking to patients and discussing with other doctors.

 

Speaking of Sana, Mina is about to go get sister, but she pauses midway from wearing her helmet. The thought of seeing Nayeon again is terrifying. Not that Mina is scared but she's been drowning in her pool of shame for a while because of what she said and what she did. It also didn't help that after that they didn't get to see each other with Mina returning to the hospital and having not enough time to rest.

 

She shrugs the thought off, thinking it is only normal to act like that after doing those things. Totally ignoring the pounding of her heart against her chest each moment she goes closer.

 

****

 

"Nayeon? Why are you here? You're not going to stay with Sana?"

 

"I don't know… Jisoo always arrives on time. I don't need to wait anymore."

 

Rosé, the very beautiful English teacher that almost everyone in the school is head over heels for, looks out for Nayeon as she entered. Nayeon asks if something is wrong but the teacher only told her there is still someone in the waiting area.

 

Nayeon hastens her pace, suddenly nervous with the idea that the student might be Sana. She doesn't even know why she's running, worried that the kid might feel lonely and all. She finally sees her, at the usual spot and Sana is swaying her feet because she reasons her tiny feet couldn't reach the ground.

 

Nayeon stops running and slowly walks towards the child. Some seconds later, her heel suddenly snaps and Nayeon was ready to fall on the ground and prepare for the impact but it never came. Tight pair of arms were wrapped around her, and Nayeon thinks she's dead until. "Miss Im? Are you alright?"

 

Nayeon opens her eyes, and it widens at the voice of someone she didn't expect. "Minhyuk-ssi?"

 

Nayeon gets back to her senses and tries to stand up straight.

 

"I am so sorry again, because of my clumsiness I disturbed you again. I'm really sorry." Nayeon bows countless of times to Minhyuk, and Sana notice this, holding her teacher's hand.

 

"Well then," Minhyuk smiles shyly. "If you go out with me—"

 

"Unnie!"

 

All of them turned around, and Nayeon, if she could, her eyes would be popping out now. It wasn't Jisoo, but goodness gracious, it's Myoui Mina. Nayeon is wide-eyed, not prepared for her. Feeling her heart rumble again and her cheeks flushing and it's definitely not because she was running.

 

The look on her face wasn't something Nayeon is expecting though, it feels like a gloomy aura and something dark was behind her, behind the smile she's giving them right now. Nayeon couldn't figure out why.

 

"Sana," Mina ushers her sister to take her hand and Sana accepts it, voice cracking a bit. Sana runs beside Mina. Nayeon feels something weird. The doctor wasn't glancing at her, no greetings, no anything. Nothing at all.

 

She notice Mina eyeing the hand Minhyuk has on her waist and she snaps out in realization. Moving away from Minhyuk, she smiles nervously at both. Mina still not sparing a glance.

 

"See you later, Miss Im." Minhyuk says before bidding goodbye to the three of them and Nayeon swears she sees Mina's lips twitch, her hold on Sana's bag tightens.

 

"H-Hello, Doc Myoui. I'm surprised to see you here again." Nayeon has her hands clasp in front of her, and hesitates, finding it hard to look at Mina.

 

"Are you alright?" Is what Mina asks. Nayeon’s heel snapped and she's feeling something ache inside her shoe, but she wouldn’t bother Mina about htat.

 

"Yes, I'm alright." Nayeon smiles but the expressionless expression on Mina is unwavering. "You almost tripped. Are you sure you're okay?"

 

"I'm okay." Nayeon was about to walk but stopped when she limps, feeling some pain on her left foot.

 

"You're not okay." Mina makes her sit at the bench, with Sana standing beside Mina, watching closely. "I-I'm fine." She says but Mina kneels in front of her and she couldn't utter anything now.

 

Nayeon is blushing mad, maybe the fact that Mina is literally kneeling in front of her, touching her foot.

 

That sounds so weird, snap out of it.

 

"I'm a doctor, Miss Im. It's clear you are in pain." Mina seems too focus at this, Nayeon's heart tugs a bit deeper.

 

"Sana, hold this."

 

After a few things here and there, Mina wraps the adhesive bandage on Nayeon's feet. A small wound is only present, fortunately. All it needs is some ointment and done.

 

"Please, next time don't run around in heels. Why are you even running? Not that I'm concerned but it's dangerous. You're lucky someone caught you. It's not that bad and it will heal overnight and..." Mina finally looks up, and she somehow regrets it because seeing Nayeon this close isn't good. She's all sweaty and flushed and Mina couldn't help but think how she still looks pretty and adorable. It doesn't help that Nayeon is also staring back at her, so deep, Mina feels like she's setting herself on fire.

 

An unknown feeling takes over Mina, and she wants to lean in. The only thing stopping her—no, nothing really is stopping her but for her sanity, she gulps hard and looks away, standing up. Avoiding Nayeon's eyes, and coughs. A forced smile coming out of her.

 

Little do they know Sana was smirking so obvious, Mina stood up because of this

 

Nayeon purses her lips, and exhaled, as if she's holding her breath for a while (she really did.) She stands up and scratches the back of her head before bowing. "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused you. Why do I have to be so clumsy?" She whispers the last sentence and Mina feels a smile trying to sneak in but she holds it in.

 

"Anyway, we need to go. It's good to see you again, Miss Im."

 

Mina rushes outside, carrying Sana. Not even waiting for a response. She thinks if she stays longer, she will burn.

 

Mina notice Sana scrutinizing her, a grin plastered on her face, and Mina narrows her eyes at this. "What is it?"

 

"You are SO jealous."

 

"No way. I am not. I'm just concerned."

 

"Yeah, yeah concerned. Pfft, you'd kiss Teacher Im if I was not there, right?"

 

Mina covers her sister's mouth, arching her eyebrows towards her sister. "When will you learn to keep your mouth shut, Sana?"

 

Despite a hand covering , Sana in a somewhat muffled voice says," When will you learn to confess, unnie?"

 

"Wow, I can't believe this. When did you learn to talk back?"

 

"Just admit it unnie. I'm the best." Mina shakes her head as they reach the motorcycle.

 

"I'm not going to take you out tomorrow. Our date is cancelled.

 

"I'M JUST KIDDING UNNIE."

 

****

 

"Why don't you just confess? That's a good idea." Momo nods to herself, satisfied with the suggestion she gives because honestly, that is the only way Mina can stop worrying over thing like this.

 

"I'm not ready! And why is it me who always have to do things?" Mina finds herself squish between her friends, again. The two barged in as soon as the sisters came home, trapping Mina in between.

 

"Oh, I don't know, Mina. Maybe because if not you then who, right?" Jisoo states the obvious. "Do you want me to confess?"

 

"It's not easy!" Mina exclaims, standing up and escaping their clutches. "It's not as easy you two like to think."

 

"Then we'll make it easier for you." Jisoo mumbles, but Mina, kind and innocent Mina who has no idea what her friends are planning heard it. "What?"

 

Momo and Jisoo immediately stood up, suddenly acting as if they don't know anything about it. "You know what Mina? It's already late. We'll go home. Bye!”

 

"Yeah," Momo grins, slipping in her shoes and looking up at Mina. "You still need to prepare for your saturdate. Goodnight, Mina! Sweet dreams! And don't be too jealous, you know. Sana told us everything."

 

Before Mina could even react, Jisoo and Momo ran outside, leaving Mina behind, confused. "I am not jealous!"

 

Now Mina is distressed, stressed because of her friends planning something every time while she doesn't have any idea about it. Now she's really having second thoughts about taking Sana out tomorrow.

 


 

Look who is going to cry again because twiceland :( anyway, blackpink’s comeback was announced first, so obviously mina lost. What should we do???? 

thank you for the comments, upvotes, subscriptions too :)) even if the story is free you people of the earth--aw-- AHAHAHA anyway i'm gonna go cry in the corner because twiceland