Three

Talk to Me

"Mina, I have something to tell you." Their mom said, taking out a chair across Mina from their dinner table.

 

"What is it?" Mina asks, looking up from what she's reading and removes her glasses. She puts down her pen first in which she uses as a drumstick more than a writing tool.

 

"I may not be home for a few days. The firm just said that we needed to take lessons but in Germany." Her mom said.

 

"Germany? Isn't that too far, mom?" Mina argues. She doesn't want her mom to go that far again, much better if her mom will not go.

 

"Mina, it's for me also. I needed this and you know that. Just this time, please. Take care of Sana, okay?" Mina couldn't say her side anymore. If that's what her mother wants, then go with it.

 

"Mom, but please take care. When is your flight anyways?"

 

"Tomorrow."

 

"Tomorrow! And you just planned to tell me now."

 

"Mina, I'll be back sooner than you thought. Please. Okay?" Her mom caresses her daughter's hair.

 

"I understand but why can't you still leave your job? I mean, I do get good income from my job, you don't even need to work anymore."

 

"I love my job, Mina and I hope you too." Mina just smiled at this.

 

"But Sana…"

 

"I'm going to talk to her." Her mom assured. She stood up and sat beside Sana who is playing with her toys. Mina stared at this. She's going to be a parent for a while.

 

"Okay." She sighed.

 

****

 

"Unnie, so you're going to fetch me from now on?" Sana asks while walking with her sister, holding tightly Mina's hand.

 

"Yes."

 

"Is that so?" Sana grinned and Mina knows she's up to something again. Mina just face palmed at this.

 

"We'll cross the road now, stay with me. Okay?" Mina said while waiting for the stop light to go red.

 

"Unnie!" She whisper shouted. Mina crouched down for a moment.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Isn't the one beside me is teacher Im!?" She points to her side while covering . With this, the light turned red and that signals for the pedestrians to cross the road. Mina carried Sana and slowly walked behind to see if what Sana said is real. Mina glares at Sana.

 

"Stop." But Sana couldn't stop giggling at this.

 

They finally reached the school and Sana couldn't stop teasing her sister.

 

"You thought she's there, right? I knew it you like her. Yieeee." She jumps around while Mina stares at her, feeling so done with her sister.

 

"Sana, behave in school, okay? And don't tell that to your teacher." Mina points to her and Sana nods enthusiastically, like she's planning something terrible.

 

Sana went inside and Mina left. She walked to the clinic and saw Momo, she greeted her friend.

 

"Good morning." Mina smiled, which is unusual for her. Momo was so confused. Mina is always a bad mood in the morning because from what she knows, Mina hates everyone in the morning.

 

"Uh, good morning too? Can I ask you something? Why are you smiling? Did something that magical happen for you to be like this?" Momo is very curious.

 

"What? No." Mina shrugs and settles herself at her table.

 

"Why are you still not opening? The hospital said that we should always open--"

 

"Hush, I cannot handle it if I'm just alone." Momo says and Mina snickered.

 

"I wonder, Mina, when are we going to finish this term and return to the hospital? I'm going to miss this clinic if that happens…" Momo mumbles, she's right. Mina thought for a while, any time now, the head of their hospital can call them anytime and make them switch their place with the other doctors back there.

 

"It's much better here, not much stress is going around and the air is not gloomy. I'm starting to not be satisfied with my job, actually." Mina became silent after that. They really need to go back to the hospital whether they like it or not.

 

Momo smirks, "Was that really all? I mean, aren't you going to miss some--"

 

"Oh, yeah, she didn't go again. I'm really curious on why she's not going here anymore."

 

"Yeah, yeah you just miss he--" Mina stood up and head locked Momo.

 

"I know! I know! I'll stop!" They both laughed when the door suddenly opened. Both looked at the person who just entered. Mina sighed, "Chaeyoung…"

 

Mina returned to her normal position and went back to her table. She opened her laptop and did some research there or just doing anything for Chaeyoung not to bother her anymore.

 

Chaeyoung glanced at her but looked at Momo shortly after, "I'm not here for trouble. I'm here to say sorry, please. I'm going away now."

 

Momo felt her sincerity and let her sit. Chaeyoung remains silent while Momo talks to Mina about it. Without realizing, Mina went to Chaeyoung.

 

"What is it?"

 

"I'm really sorry, I'm so sorry." She couldn't look at Mina in the eyes.

 

"What?"

 

"After realizing what happened that day when I confronted you. I felt really guilty. I finally woke up from this and realized that I did not really like you." Mina raises her brow at what she said.

 

"I'm going away now, in the U.S.A for good, so let's forget what happened now and please let us be in good terms."

 

Mina can't believe this. Is this real? She thought, she hesitates for a while, not knowing if Chaeyoung's serious or not but since she looks so sincere. She did.

 

"Okay."

 

Chaeyoung stood up, "That's a relief. Goodbye." She proceeded to go now and Mina was left speechless.

 

"What just happened?" Mina asks.

 

Momo went beside her and put an arm around Mina's shoulder.

 

"What happened is that, you're finally free my friend,"

 

"Chaeyoung always comes back, how many times did she say that already yet she's still here?"

 

Mina looks at her confused, Momo grins.

 

"But she said 'forget what happened and be in good terms' which means you can finally court that woman you're always curious about!"

 

"Very funny Momo, wow, such idea." Mina said, about to kill Momo.

 

"Let's just get to work." Mina goes back and starts to open the clinic.

 

****

"There! Wow Sana! You're doing great." Nayeon smiles at the girl whose face is full of smudges with paint, along with her friend, Tzuyu.

 

"And also messy. Wait, here." Nayeon pulls out a towel from her pocket and starts to wipe clean the two kids' faces.

 

"Gone, you can continue now, just be careful, okay?" Nayeon begins to roam around again and stares at the creations of her students. She chuckles.

 

"Sana unnie, let’s play! Come on, I'm bored of painting~" Tzuyu whines, pulling the arm of Sana but Sana continues to paint anyways.

 

"Tzuyu, let's just play later…" Sana whines.

 

"But unnie~"

 

"Later."

 

Nayeon saw this and smiles. "That two are really something." She then helps the other students who were painting.

 

"Oh, what's wrong? Why?" Nayeon kneels down to Dahyun, another student who just got here.

 

"I-I don't know what to paint." She pouts and lowers her head. Nayeon was about to help her when Sana came in.

 

"Teacher Im! Let me help! I want to help!" She runs towards them and continuously raises her hand.

 

"Okay, okay, just calm down." Nayeon stands up when the two children started to paint, she then looked at Tzuyu who is standing somewhere and plays with the blocks, boredly. Since, Nayeon can see that the children were doing fine with their works and don’t need that much supervision. She sits beside Tzuyu.

 

"What is wrong? Why are you frowning?" Nayeon asks, caressing Tzuyu's hair.

 

"Nothing, it's just that Sana unnie left me." Nayeon looks at Sana and she understands the situation now.

 

"I'll just play with you. Okay?" Tzuyu smiles and nods.

 

****

 

It's finally dismissal time and unexpectedly in the afternoon it began to rain. The children went home now but Sana is still there, with Nayeon, of course.

 

"So Sana, Tzuyu's a bit sad a while ago."

 

Sana looks at her with curiosity, "Why Teacher Im?"

 

"She has no one to play with…"

 

"Oh. I forgot! I'll just say sorry to her tomorrow."

 

"Okay, if that's what your plan is, anyways, do you have an umbrella? It's raining hard right now."

 

"I do, Teacher Im! I remember, what happened to your day today?" Sana smiles innocently, trying to lure her teacher on saying things again.

 

"Nothing much, It's been a tiring day." Nayeon sighed.

 

"Sana?" Someone suddenly called outside and Nayeon stands up.

 

"Your mother's here--" but she got cut off when she saw who's here. Her heart beats erratically and she couldn't believe what she is seeing. She felt nervous and happy at the same time.

 

"Sana, there you are! Let's go home no--" Mina looks at her then to her who is standing like a statue.

 

"Oh, Miss Im, you're here," Mina smiles. And Nayeon couldn't believe it.

 


Wow, I updated much wow.