Sixteen

Talk to Me

hi nayeonmeal :)) thank you and sorry if this is not what you're expecting. 

So i was informed minayeon were grinding in japan and yet no one filmed it, but i was fed for the next 20 years so it's fine. 

and happy birthday to dubu. now enjoy this kind of fluff but not really minayeon 

 


 

It's the first time Nayeon felt genuinely threatened about how perfect her girlfriend already is. She didn't mind Mina being that perfect, she even loves it and is proud of her for it. But what she can't help is that her girlfriend is somehow so perfect with her face that Nayeon feels it is very unfair for someone to look this good.

 

"You're staring." Mina says, eyes bouncing everywhere but the girl beside her. She feels herself getting flustered each second passing by as Nayeon doesn't avert her gaze off her.

 

Mina gives their locked hands a squeeze and finally, Nayeon wakes up.

 

"I'm sorry you're too beautiful. I can't help it." She grins; her smile grows even wider when she finds Mina's rosy cheeks redder than before.

 

She leans in and gives a short kiss on Mina's cheeks. "You're cute."

 

"Stop it. You're extra cheesy today, you know?" Mina raises a brow at Nayeon but the latter shrugs it off.

 

"Who wouldn't be when the woman I'm beside is this gorgeous?" Nayeon expands her free hand and points to Mina to which she only chuckles.

 

Laughter echoes when suddenly Nayeon feels something on her feet and before she knows it, she is sent tumbling forward, about to face-slam the hard pavement. Mina pulls her hand and successfully turns Nayeon towards her, hugging her before she fully falls to the floor.

 

Mina sighs at Nayeon, whose face is a fine line between scared and shocked. Maybe, a bit flustered because somehow even when she was about to fall, all she thinks right now is how very very close she is with Mina. (No matter how many times they do this, Nayeon will never get used to this distance.)

 

Mina's very concerned face sinks Nayeon, thinking she made her worried because of her clumsy self. Neither of them moves and Nayeon feels Mina silently scolding her, but she moves her face closer and Nayeon can't help but close her eyes in anticipation.

 

That kiss on the lips never happened but she feels something soft pressing on her forehead, Nayeon doesn't open her eyes though. She relishes every moment Mina is kissing her as if she is very fragile.

 

"You're cute, too. But if you keep on making me worry like that then I don't know what to do." Mina says, letting Nayeon stand up. The latter sure is flustered and speechless. Mina smirks, sure that is a very effective way of shutting Nayeon up. But she plans to sue that pebble in the road that almost tripped Nayeon out.

 

She holds Nayeon's hand again, and they walk. Mina hears a mumbled 'who's the extra cheesy one again?' from Nayeon as she shakes her head.

 

****

 

It happens one day at Mina's work. She decided to surprise her in the hospital, waiting for her before she comes home. Nayeon is excited, this is the first time she'll see Mina like this and she couldn't wait to see her reaction. She got off work early and she needs to thank her children like that. Being so obedient.

 

But one thing is, Nayeon hates waiting at hospitals. It makes her feel something she doesn't quite point out but she just doesn't like it. So she stays at the cafe just in front of it. Trying out their pancakes and a coffee before going out to Mina.

 

She feels a bit lonely waiting for Mina now. She doesn't get inside despite the rain falling hard, only staying just beside the entrance of the huge building.

 

She finally sees her and a smile makes it way on her face but it stops when she sees Mina talking with some nurse. Happily talking, that is. Nayeon doesn't have any problem about Mina talking to people, anyone she likes to talk to, even. But there is something on the nurse that rubs her wrong.

 

Nayeon can't help but frown. Yes, the nurse is beautiful, with goddess-like visuals. And the way her fitted uniform hugged her right on the curves, Nayeon can't help but look at what she's wearing. A hoodie within a leather jacket and her denim pants. Her get-to-go outfit.

 

Yes, Mina is pretty. She'd attract any human being on this earth if she wants to. And so kind everyone she meets will fall for her.

 

Nayeon's heart sank deeper when she saw how the nurse playfully slaps Mina on her arm and let it lingered there for a while. Mina, unknown to her, only laughs and smiles at whatever the nurse is saying before removing the hand and walks a few distance away when she realizes how close they are.

 

But the beautiful nurse walks towards her again, tipping her toes to whisper something to Mina but the doctor uncomfortably sways all her chances when she walks back, and rushes to an emergency.

 

Nayeon turns away, couldn't handle what she is seeing. It was a normal thing, people talk with each other, so why is Nayeon feeling something heavy?

 

She thinks that Mina's feelings for her were only temporary and it wouldn't last long until she meets a woman who matches with her.

 

Only then, that she realizes how big their distance is compared to Mina.

 

Nayeon is only a kindergarten teacher, anyway.

 

Who is she to think that Mina actually feels something for her? Now that she's in this huge hospital, she can meet anyone she likes.

 

She hurriedly grabs her phone, contacting her two great friends. For sure, they are together again.

 

"J-Jihyo?" Nayeon doesn't know when did her voice become this shaky.

 

"Yes, Nabbongs? We're playing 'who-has-the-most-students-with-the-lowest-scores' right now and Jeongyeon's been winning and I don't know if it's good or bad thing."

 

"Can I join you?"

 

"Sure but don't you have a surprise—"

 

"Jihyo please?"

 

"Okay, sure. Where are you right now?"

 

 

****

 

Goodness, Mina is late. She is supposed to go to Nayeon before her work ends but here she is getting out of the hospital two hours after her desired time.

 

She rides her bike and goes to her school, asking if there's still anyone there but to her dismay, the guard said that almost everyone left already. She returns home, with a welcoming Sana appearing before her and engulfs her in a hug.

 

"Rough day?" Her mom asks, appearing out of the kitchen, holding a tray of food and placing it on their table. Gesturing both her daughters to eat.

 

"Kind of..." Mina's voice sounded softer than usual.

 

"We had two ERs and there's this someone who couldn't keep her hands to herself as we talk. I mean, she's a friend but I am extremely uncomfortable with the way she's touching people while talking." Mina rants.

 

Her mother raises a brow, "But when Nayeon does, you have no problem with it?"

 

Mina peers up, "Of course. Speaking of her I didn't get to see her the whole day."

 

Sana widens her eyes at this. "WHAT?"

 

The two adults were shocked by the little one's reaction and Sana is already choking, chugging the glass of water in front of her in one go. She takes a deep breath as the two only watches, confused.

 

"You mean to say, you didn't see her? But I thought Nayeon unnie surprised you?"

 

Now Mina has no idea about this. "Wait, what? Surprise me?"

 

"Yeah. I heard from Teacher Jeongyeon that she got off earlier than usual. So it is a surprise to know that you two didn't see each other." Sana finishes and her mother looks at her in worry. "We have to do something about that gossip thingy of yours, Sana."

 

Her mother and Sana bickers but Mina isn't paying attention to any of it, mind flying somewhere, not working properly especially when Nayeon was supposed to see her at work but why did she not see a glimpse of her? Worry immediately flooded her as she thought of every possibility that could happen.

 

****

 

Jihyo and Jeongyeon sighed for the nth time that day. Having to accompany Nayeon here isn't really a good idea. Jeongyeon is the one to suggest it, jokingly but she didn't expect Nayeon to accept the offer that fast since Nayeon doesn't really drink and she very rarely, rarely does.

 

"Oh god, she's so drunk. What the heck?" Jihyo shrugs her shoulders as she looks at Nayeon who is drinking another glass.

 

"That's enough." Jeongyeon says, trying to move the glass away from her but to no avail, Nayeon's stubbornness got ahead.

 

"Why did you even think of drinking in the first place?" Jihyo glares at Jeongyeon as the latter tried to find some excuse that could please her.

 

"She looks like she really needs it, you know. And I don't know what happened but it looks like—oh my god! Nayeon no!"

 

Nayeon tried to stand on the counter who unfortunately (or fortunately.) didn't succeed. Jeongyeon pulled her back down before Nayeon starts saying some incoherent words.

 

Nayeon grabbed her phone, trying to put it as close as it gets to her face. When Jihyo saw who she is trying to call, she immediately snatched the phone away and scolded her.

 

"You told us not to call her a while ago! Yet here you are drunk calling Mina. Oh god Nayeon, that's enough alcohol." Jihyo crosses her arms as she left it on the counter but Nayeon was quick and grab the phone. Running away as much as she can.

 

****

 

"Hey, Mo?" Jisoo asks out of the blue. They were hanging out that day, taking a short break after they did all the work to get the two together.

 

"Yep?" Momo answers, eyes glued to the food she's holding.

 

"Wanna bet who's gonna say I love you first?"

 

Momo scoffs, "Is that even a question? It's definitely, Nayeon who'll say it first."

 

Jisoo scrunches her face in disgust, hitting Momo in the arm. "You serious? It's Mina. Definitely Mina. She's the type to say it unexpectedly if Nayeon ever does something stupid."

 

Momo nods at that. "But Nayeon is the clumsy type who tends to get things slip off her tongue without her knowing. She might say it even if Mina is literally just breathing."

 

"I refused to accept that."

 

"It's the truth. Why not?"

 

"Nope, wanna bet?"

 

"Fine, okay."

 

****

 

"Where is she?" Mina asked as soon as she stepped foot in that bar. Jihyo and Jeongyeon could only scratch their napes, pointing at the girl whose been swaying her chair for the past 20 minutes now. Nayeon saying it's an improvised ride of some sort.

 

She hears a 'wieeee' coming in the distance and she sees Nayeon still turning around, enjoying her chair.

 

Mina sighed; she didn't know Nayeon is this bad when it comes to alcohol. She walked towards Nayeon and stopped her turning of chair to make her face her.

 

"Oh. Mina? What are you doing here?" Nayeon manages to say in sober tone but the hiccup that came after that didn't go unnoticed by Mina.

 

"You called me, dummy. And I'm fetching your drunk . Why did you even drink?"

 

"Ohhhh, it's nothing. I just want to have fun! And Jeongie said it'll be fun and so here we are! Want a drink?" Nayeon lazily hands out the glass to Mina but the former manages to be out of balance.

 

Mina managed to hold her in time, Nayeon face planting herself on Mina's shirt instead.

 

Nayeon grins at her as she looks up to see Mina staring with a stoic face. She hiccups before chuckling, "You're pretty."

 

"You're drunk." Mina answers back as she grab Nayeon's arm across her shoulder to help her walk.

 

Jihyo explained everything to Mina in the span of minutes. Saying how Nayeon isn't really at fault since both of them just wanted to drink, and Nayeon doesn't really drink so it surprised both of them when she agreed and now they regret everything they did since JeongHyo felt like parents with a responsibility since Nayeon is acting like a child.

 

Mina only nods to whatever Jihyo says, desperate to take Nayeon home since the weight Nayeon is giving her isn't so easy to handle. Not when you have to drag your drunk girlfriend all the way to your car.

 

"I'll take her home. And don't worry. I'll take care of her." Mina says to the two before closing the car door. Taking a glance at Nayeon who has been pouting for the last minutes she tried to drag her.

 

"You broke my happiness." Nayeon mumbled. "I was enjoying it! The bartender swooshing the drinks here and there like some magic, you shoulda seen it." A hiccup again.

 

"Yeah, yeah. Tell that to me when you're sober." Mina replies, her gaze in the road as she drives away. Nayeon has been talking endlessly during the ride, muttering things like 'what came first the chicken or the egg?' and a 'What do you hear between yanny or laurel? I hear jerry.' and some more.

 

"What if I called you baby?" Nayeon then turns to her and Mina almost hits the brake pedal upon hearing that word. "Oh no please no."

 

"Why not baby? You're my baby anyways, my squishy baby." Nayeon says as she pokes Mina's cheeks in between every word. Mina wishes that Nayeon should sleep because she couldn't handle the embarrassment the bunny is giving her.

 

"My baby." Nayeon says once more before giving Mina a cheek kiss that took her girlfriend aback. Mina whips her head at Nayeon only to find out how red her cheeks were.

 

"Stop it. You're drunk." Mina rolls her eyes at Nayeon but she only snickers, earning her an annoyed look from Mina.

 

"Why, baby? I know you like it." Nayeon smirks, but Mina refuses to look. In the hopes that her heart would calm down just because a single word managed to make it run faster than usual.

 

They arrived at Nayeon's home and Mina is struggling once again. Nayeon is intentionally putting more weight at Mina, giving an excuse that 'she's too tired to walk.'

 

Mina couldn't even breathe at this point, carrying (more of dragging.) Nayeon behind her back is tiring; she huffs out as she tried to open the door.

 

"Damn it, Nayeon the key. Give me the key." Mina orders and Nayeon obliges without restraints, which is really weird for someone who keeps on complaining all throughout the ride.

 

Mina enters and finally throws Nayeon on the couch. She thought her misery ends there but Nayeon pulls her the moment she hits the soft mattress, successfully turning their positions. Nayeon supports herself, placing her hands beside Mina's head, staring down at her.

 

Mina was about to say something but she stopped when she saw how intense Nayeon is looking at her right now.

 

"W-What is it?" Mina says nervously. The way Nayeon became unbearably silent is scary and Mina had no idea how to stop this feeling. Her heart beats uncontrollably and she's afraid any time soon Nayeon would notice this.

 

"Do you love me, Mina?" Nayeon asks, voice quivering. Taking her by surprise, Mina was left speechless.

 

Nayeon then snuggles on the crook of Mina's neck. And Mina is amaze at herself because she didn't know she could get even redder at this point.

 

Nayeon, you idiot.

 

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" Mina heard Nayeon mumble once again. Her voice sending chills all over Mina's spine as she feels it vibrate on her neck. Her mind has officially failed to function just by hearing Nayeon mutter to her.

 

"There's a lot of other girls out there yeeet you—" Nayeon raises herself once again, a finger poking Mina in the cheek. "—chose me instead. When I'm just a low, very clumsy, a mess that is no match for you!" Nayeon's fingers jabs deeper to Mina's cheeks, squishing it almost.

 

"Why did you? I mean I am soooo average. I don't even match your level, Minari."

 

If she weren't in such situation, Mina would've laughed at Nayeon's cuteness. She gently holds Nayeon's hands and removes it from her cheek before cupping Nayeon's face and landing a short kiss on her lips.

 

"You act as if you don't know how beautiful you are as well, Nayeon."

 

Mina thinks Nayeon is beautiful when the sun hits a side on her face and she's almost glowing, and Mina can't help but think how lucky she is to have her by her side. Mina thinks Nayeon is beautiful whenever she laughs or smiles, how beautiful her rabbit teeth is. How beautiful Nayeon is when she's thinking. How beautiful Nayeon is when she's blushing or flustered because of Mina. How beautiful Nayeon is whenever she interacts with children, especially her students. How beautiful Nayeon is with her overused sweaters and hoodies. Basically how beautiful Nayeon is because she's Nayeon.

 

Mina is woken up from her reverie when she felt Nayeon drop her head on her shoulder and heard snores coming from her.

 

Aigoo, she fell asleep.

 

Mina thought she could finally have her peace until she felt something soft press against her neck, making her squeal in a high pitch tone. It doesn't take long until Mina knew it was Nayeon lazily leaving kisses on her neck and she swore her heart almost left her for a second.

 

"Nayeon, h-hey." Mina is getting more and more redder each time passes, with Nayeon not stopping and her doing the least she can do to stop the girl.

 

Oh my god.

 

She finally returned to her senses when Nayeon stopped and Mina pushed her a bit so that she can finally sit up.

 

"Nayeon, no. You're drunk. I don't want to take advantage of that." Mina doesn't know how she could calm her heart after what happened. She still haven't sort this thing out with Nayeon. She's not letting it slip away just because she kissed her and almost made her forget why Nayeon was drunk in the first place.

 

She turns to Nayeon after finally composing herself, and is surprised to find out that she's now, really, snoring. Finding herself off to dreamland. Mina sighed, it's not like Nayeon would actually remember what happened tonight.

 

"Come on." She carries Nayeon on her back, earning her groans from her struggle, and finally heaving a sigh when she moved her to the bed.

 

Mina noticed how Nayeon still reeks of alcohol, and pretty sure she wouldn't like it when she wakes up in the morning. Contemplating on how to change her clothes without opening her eyes, Mina walks around the room biting her nails. She really is not prepared for all the things happening in just one night.

 

For a doctor like Mina, she faced so many challenges yet this one with Nayeon is the one making her the most tense and nervous of all.

 

"Goodness, why did you drink so much?"

 

She decided to just finish it once and for all, changing Nayeon's clothes as fast as she could. Squealing here and there when she sees a glimpse of Nayeon's bare skin.

 

Mina managed to muffle all her squeal as she takes in a deep breath after finishing the heavy task. For Mina, yes, it's a heavy task. She would deny the fact that she was left in a daze for a full minute staring at the teacher’s abs, because god, Nayeon is working out. She only wakes herself up by shaking her head and going out of the room in embarrassment before going back in.

 

I’m becoming a ert. Oh no.

 

"I can't believe you're the same Nayeon who teaches children." She whispers as she fixes a strand of Nayeon's hair falling on her face.

 

"Don't you know how perfect you are too?" Mina knows Nayeon doesn't hear anything, she knows she isn't awake anymore but she just wanted her to know how she adores and cares for the teacher so much.

 

Nayeon then moved a bit in her bed, startling Mina who was crouching beside her. Nayeon is now facing Mina's direction and Mina is mesmerized because how can someone look this good while sleeping?

 

Nayeon suddenly mumbled something, almost a whisper but Mina moves closer.

 

"I love Myoui so much." Mina's heart skipped a bit.

 

She looked at Nayeon before standing up and leaving a kiss on her forehead. Too bad, Nayeon is sleeping; she missed the chance of hearing Mina's reply.

 

"I love you too, Nayeon."