Twelve

Talk to Me

Forgive me for the typos everyone but here....

 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ey

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ey

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ey

 


 

“I feel bad for doing this to Nayeon, I also want to hangout.” Jeongyeon pouts as the two hides from a bush, away from Nayeon’s sight. The older just got out of her house and Jihyo, needing to know if she’s really going out pleaded to come here. And here they are, in a situation they couldn’t even imagine they would be.

 

“I want to hangout too, but it will be fun. After this, Nayeon is going to forgive us, Bet on it.”

 

Jeongyeon snorts, “Yeah, yeah. Like I’d really do.”

 

“Hide!” Jihyo shouts and Jeongyeon lowers herself, peeking at the bush to see Nayeon facing their direction holding out her phone.

 

“What are you doing?! Text her!” Jeongyeon mumbles hastily and Jihyo struggles getting her phone out.

 

 

NAYEON: where do we meet guys

JIHYO: the ice cream shop, is that all right?

NAYEON: yeah

 

 

The two friends heaved a sigh, watching as Nayeon leaves and walks away. Jeongyeon comes out from their hiding spot, her arms placed on her waist as she heaved a sigh. “That was close.”

 

“I can’t be the only one texting Nayeon, Jeong. She knows the three of us will go.”

 

Jeongyeon dismisses it, shaking her hand at Jihyo. “I know, no worries, this will work.”

 

 

****

 

 

“Are you contented?” Mina asks, watching her sister run as she enters the shop.

 

“Yeah!” Sana says, her eyes widening at the variety of flavors of ice creams. Sana turns to her, with sparkles in her eyes and she pushes her palms together, “Can I please get all the flavors?”

 

Mina looks at her in horror, “You’re going to be sick. So no.”

 

“What, unnie? Pweeeaase. Pretty please?” Sana pouts and Mina not having any strength to ignore her sister. She pinches her cheeks before nodding. “But you’ll brush your teeth and you’ll drink a lot of water, too. Promise?”

 

“Promise.” Sana squeals and Mina only laughs at the energy her sister has.

 

 

 

****

 

 

Nayeon enters the ice cream shop, looking around to find any vacant seats. Her friends, Jihyo and Jeongyeon asked her if they could hang out today and Nayeon really really wanting to go out ever since agreed to it. Quickly slipping on some jeans and a sweatshirt, a pair of sneakers, nothing too fancy or extravagant, opting for something comfortable on this lovely day.

 

“Huh? Where are they?” She walks around, clutching the sling of her shoulder bag, eyes wandering as she tries to find her friends inside the store. After a couple turns and some rounds, Nayeon gave up, deciding to wait for a while. She tried finding vacant seats but to her dismay, there’s none. Not until she hears, “Teacher Im!”

 

Sana waves her spoon excitedly, smiling so bright and getting the attention of the customers inside. Nayeon rushes to her to shush her down, and when she did, she saw Mina sitting across her.

 

Of course, her sister is here. What did I expect?

 

Nayeon noticed how Sana momentarily glanced at her sister, and Mina trying to keep her sister’s mouth mum with her eyes. Nayeon looks at them strangely, waving at Sana before looking at Mina.

 

And oh, Mina looks good in casual clothes.

 

Nayeon could sense that she’s drooling. Mina has her legs crossed, her arm propped up, her cheek resting on it. And the look Mina is giving to Nayeon isn’t any better.

 

“Hi,” She smiles.

 

“Hi.” Mina replies. Sana animatedly waves her spoon again in the ceiling, too excited to see her teacher here. “Hi teacher! You can sit here with us. It’s only the two of us anyway!”

 

“No need,” Nayeon laughs, her bunny teeth smile coming into full view and Mina is mesmerized. Mina was not prepared for this, she thought Sana was only joking when she said Nayeon is here but she’s proven wrong. Now that the cute teacher is actually right in front of her eyes, Mina finds herself staring at her in a daze.

 

“Unnie?” Sana’s voice snaps her out of her reverie and Mina finds both Sana and Nayeon looking at her. She clears , and avoids Nayeon’s eyes. She couldn’t handle the embarrassment because she’s sure Nayeon caught her ogling.

 

"What is it?”

 

“We asked if you don’t mind teacher here sharing with our table, right?”

 

Mina nods, her voice suddenly failing her and she wants to smack herself because why now? Nayeon sits beside Sana, giving Mina the privilege to stare at her with no difficulty, but of course, she won’t be too obvious about it.

 

“Are you alone, Miss Im?” Mina asks as Nayeon looks up at her, busy chatting with her student to find those pair of hazel eyes staring back at her. “I’m waiting for my friends actually. But they’re taking a longer time than expected.”

 

“Jihyo and Jeongyeon, right?” Mina asks and Nayeon smiles back, nodding. “How about you two, have another company?”

 

It seems like her question was answered as soon as Sana stated shaking her head vigorously, “No, teacher it’s only us.”

 

“Hmm, I see.”

 

Nayeon looks at Mina only to find her staring at her sister, “A little bonding time?”

 

Mina chuckles, “Well yeah. I haven’t had enough time to be with her this week, so she says I should treat her out.”

 

“It’s only right. You’ve been so busy with your work!” Sana pouts, pointing at her sister with her spoon.

 

“Just go eat your ice cream peacefully, okay?” Mina hides herself with her hands, and Nayeon laughs at the silliness of the two.

 

Mina asked Nayeon if she wanted some ice cream, saying it’s her treat, anyway. Nayeon shakes her head. That would be too much, but she's really craving for ice cream right now.

 

It hasn't been long since Mina walked away to get ice cream and Nayeon was already cornered by Sana with questions regarding her sister. "So when are you going to confess? My sister li—"

 

"Sana! Here's another flavor. And miss Im here." Mina hands her an ice cream cup, with lots of sprinkles and whatnot. Sana takes a peak on the ice cream and pouts.

 

"I told you, you don't need to buy me one but thank you." Nayeon smiles, gladly accepting the treat. Mina smiles in content before seeing her sister glaring at her. "What?"

 

"Can't I buy more?"

 

"What? No way. You had enough. I'm not going to let you."

 

"Just one more, please?"

 

"No."

 

"Teacher Im!" Sana whines, hugging her teacher's arm as she pouts in front of her. Nayeon pats the child's head, before dipping in her ice cream and offering Sana to take a bite. Sana munches excitedly and Nayeon eats another bite.

 

"You're lucky, Miss Im couldn't resist you."

 

"Now my unnie!" Mina raises a brow, not understanding a thing her sister just said. Nayeon didn't think twice, the mood was just very calming and she didn't even hesitate when she scooped on the ice cream and offered it to Mina. The latter, a bit shocked at first, ate the treat in the end.

 

That's when Nayeon's realization hit her. It was an indirect kiss. She feels her face burning. She wants to scream, literally.

 

"She really did! Doesn't that count as indirect kiss?" Sana asks 'innocently' and Mina finds herself coughing non-stop, with Nayeon panicking, and in the end buying a bottle of water for Mina.

 

After she calmed down, Mina glared at Sana, forcing a smile. Sana did the same, and Nayeon having no idea with the sisters glaring contest.

 

A message pops her out from her thoughts, and she sighed in relief because finally Jeongyeon and Jihyo replied. But she frowned, Nayeon is starting to enjoy their company. She doesn't want to leave yet.

 

JIHYO: unnie something came up. I can't hang out, just ask Jeongyeon if can.

 

JEONGYEON: a very unfortunate event came up forcing me to stay within my home and tend to some work. I am very sorry for leaving and ditching the date. I'll just make it up to you :)

 

Meanwhile, Jihyo was looking at Jeongyeon weirdly. "Did your text message really had to be that long?"

 

Jeongyeon shrugs her shoulders. "Don't judge me. I'm trying my best to avoid suspicion that we did this on purpose. At least, I have a smiley."

 

Jihyo nods, realizing it is true. "Okay then."

 

Mina couldn't help but ask what is wrong since the frown on Nayeon's face stayed for a while.

 

"Both my friends couldn't come. Guess, I'll just go back home." Nayeon smiles bitterly, she was so ready to go out and have fun but really. The two of them really had to cancel their plans. (It was for a good cause.)

 

Sana's expression drops as she clings on to Nayeon's arm. "Please don't go. I'm having fun with you here. My sister is a boring ... tronaut. Teacher," Mina wanted to give her sister the best actress award for doing this. She really wants to roll her eyes.

 

Sana turns to her, still hugging Nayeon. "Unnie can't she just stay with us? Please, I'll behave." Tears are already starting to form on Sana's eyes and Mina is utterly confused.

 

Both the adults looked at each other. Feeling sorry for the situation.

 

"Sana, this is your bonding time with your sister. It's alright. We'll meet again at school. No worries." Nayeon tries to assure the child but Sana's tears only worsened, hugging Nayeon even tighter.

 

Mina had no choice. The people around them were starting to look. She really have to this, huh?

 

"If it's alright with Miss Im, she can come with us." Mina casually says, not noticing the heat on Nayeon's cheeks and the grin on Sana's face.

 

"Great!" The child says, wiping the tears that formed and Nayeon is still speechless.

 

The silence and lack of answer scared Mina. "If it's alright with you? If you don't want then it's alright. We're not forcing you or anything I—"

 

"I don't mind coming with you." Nayeon looks at Mina, a smile tugging her face. Mina could only stare, Nayeon's smile is so beautiful every time she does it, Mina feels like her surroundings disappear and all she sees is her. Cliché, yes but it's the truth.

 

Both were snap awake from their reverie when Sana starts to move, dragging Nayeon's hand. Sana held hands with her until they got out leaving Mina alone, watching their backs.

 

****

 

Their hang out became a mall date.

 

Honestly, Nayeon doesn't care. And doesn't know what is happening. All she knows is that Sana had too much sugar and Mina and her are just too calm to follow around an ecstatic Sana.

 

They were walking side by side, with Sana running ahead. Running around like the small bean she is.

 

"Maybe, it's bad that I fed her another spoon of ice cream. She's become so hyper."

 

"So if ever anything happens I'm going to blame you." Mina teases and Nayeon laughs on her side.

 

"I'm sorry for ruining your date with Sana. I mean I can't reject the kid," Nayeon frowns; worrying that maybe Mina is just doing this for her sister. Of course she is doing this for her sister who else is she doing this for?

 

"No! No, no. I don't mind at all. In fact I enjoy your company as much as Sana does." Mina turns to look at her but Nayeon has her gaze on the floor.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, really."

 

"Hundred percent sure?"

 

"A hundred and one."

 

"You better not trick me Mina I..." It's too late for her to realize what she said. Nayeon uttered her first name and now she's nervous. She didn't know it would slide off just like that. She is just enjoying their talk and suddenly had to talk. Panic is visible on Nayeon's eyes but Mina laughs, leaving Nayeon staring at her, confused.

 

"Did I say something funny?" Nayeon wonders what she ever said for Mina to laugh like that.

 

"No... it's just that. You're so cute, you didn't even realize you were rambling to me about it. It's alright. I think we're at that point of calling each other our first names, right Nayeon?"

 

The way it sounds when Mina calls her gives her chills, this is too good to be true.

 

Mina called me cute and then said my name. Heart are you still okay?

 

Nayeon closes her eyes and heaves a deep breath, a heavy feeling in her chest as she thinks about everything Mina said to her.

 

"Yeah. I think we're at that point, Mina." She grins.

 

****

 

PRINCESS PEACH: how did it go?

 

JIHYO OHYO OHYO: we did it, nayeon isn't really suspicious of anything.

 

JIHYO OHYO OHYO: wait the nicknames.

 

JEONGSTRICH: but we don't know what happened after that.

 

JIHYO OHYO OHYO: r the nicknames rlly this long

 

PRINCESS PEACH: no worries both of them got out with sana happily swaying their hands. I think sana asked her to join them and nayeon couldn't resist.

 

JEONGSTRICH: wait ur following them?

 

PRINCESS PEACH: ...

 

JISOOS: uh... no.

 

JEONGSTRICH: ...

 

JIHYO OHYO OHYO: answer me you guys.

 

PRINCESS PEACH: okay fine, we're following them. I mean I cant't miss the chance of mina finally saying everything to nayeon. It's unfair that sana is the only one who can see it.

 

JEONGSTRICH: we're doomed.

 

JISOOS: what why?

 

JIHYO OHYO OHYO: who is jisoos people. what the heck i'm so confused

 

JISOOS: UR FOLLOWING THEM 2

 

JEONGSTRICH: now is not the time for that... RUN.

 

****

 

"This is Nayeon unnie. And this is Mina unnie! And they—"

 

"Okay! Okay. We have enough of that." Mina rushes to carry Sana, imitating them with a bunny and penguin pillow she saw. Nayeon chuckles, walking alongside them. Mina puts her down, and Sana, again, grabs Nayeon's hand to hold.

 

"Mina unnie?" Sana says, taking Mina's hand to her other hand.

 

"Now we really look like a family!"

 

"W-what?"

 

"Sana I swear to heavens shut your mouth! Let's go. I feel something uncomfortable here."

 

****

 

"You know, I really like Iron Man." Mina says out of nowhere as they stare at a store full of stuffed toys and all. "I even wanted to be Iron Man at some point in my life. What about you, Nayeon? Who do you like?"

 

You, actually.

 

Nayeon laughs awkwardly, wanting to jump off a cliff somewhere because she swore made a small sound and it sounded similar to 'you'. Mina doesn't seem to hear this, busy looking at Sana strolling through the aisles.

 

"I want to be Thor! No... I think Captain America is cool too. But I want to be Black widow, but Hawkeye... never mind. I can't choose." Sana puckers her lips, disappointed why her mind couldn't make up who really is her favorite. "How about you, teacher?"

 

"Me? I really like Iron Man too. In fact, Iron Man is my ideal type. I really want to be his girlfriend you know." Nayeon brushes it off and sighs, giving herself a silent pat on the back for doing great until she realizes what she said, and Sana is already staring back at her, with a knowing smile on her face.

 

"I see, Miss Im." There's a hint of tease in Sana's voice and Nayeon's face is getting redder every time.

 

"Is it just me or it's getting hot in here? Let me just... find something." Nayeon walks away from Mina. Running to hide in one of the corners.

 

"That was such an idiot move, Nayeon."

 

Sana raises a brow at Mina to which the older refuses to look at. "You hear that unnie? That's the sound of your heart pounding because Miss Im IMPLIED she wants to be your girlfriend. Cool, right?"

 

Sana then skips away, hopping to where Nayeon is. Mina couldn't find herself to follow, the smile etched on her face not leaving anytime soon.

 

****

 

It wasn't long before they ate lunch and the two adults had known a lot about each other, both finding each other good listeners for everything they have to tell.

 

Including Nayeon's life.

 

"My parents wanted a different career for me, actually. They wanted me to be a singer, and believe me I really wanted to but the pressure they gave me is too much and I found myself losing interest. That's when they got mad at me for choosing this life over the one they planned for me. I couldn't really meet them often after that."

 

"I'm... sorry about that. But I'm sure you're proud of yourself fighting for what you want. It isn't easy but you did a lot, Nayeon." Mina says, resting a hand on Nayeon's back. Genuinely trying to comfort the older.

 

"Your students love you a lot, so don't let those negativity get into your head. You always meet bundles of joys on weekdays." Nayeon laughs at whatever it is that Mina says, and the two were comfortable enough for Nayeon to land a small slap on Mina's shoulder.

 

"I'm sure you have a great voice."

 

"Great? You mean Best. Not to boast or anything but my voice is one of the best."

 

Mina chuckles, raising a brow. "Really?"

 

"Yeah, really."

 

"Hmm,"

 

"Unnie! Unnie! I want to go there!" Sana says and disappears just as quick. With Nayeon, still processing what Sana is pointing.

 

They got used to holding both Sana's hand. So Nayeon, without thinking tries to take the hand beside her. She was confused, why it is bigger and softer and she glances up to see it wasn't Sana's hand that she's holding but Mina's. Nayeon widens her eyes at the realization.

 

She let goes and feels empty at the sudden loss of warmth in her palm. She suddenly wants to hold Mina's hand now. The thought of making her hand warm and going on walks with her without letting go. But Mina scratches her nape, and points to the inflatable playground where Sana went and this is the part where Nayeon wakes up from her reverie.

 

"I think we should... uh... we should go and follow Sana." Mina says, unable to look at Nayeon after what happened.

 

Nayeon places her hands behind her, too embarrassed to let it stay on her side since it'll brush with Mina's fingers, and Nayeon is fighting every urge of hers to hold Mina's hand.

 

Nayeon never wanted to hold hands with someone so badly.

 

****

 

Reaching the bouncy playground, and dropping Sana there. The two decided to walk for a while until they encounter an arcade gaming center and both were captivated by it.

 

They freeze in their spots as Nayeon starts to say. "Hate to break it you but I'm one of the best arcade gamers when I was in high school."

 

Mina scoffs, "Really? Hate to break it to you too but I am the best arcade player ever since."

 

"Are you implying something?" Nayeon smirks, crossing her arms as she faces Mina.

 

"What do you think?"

 

"Let's settle this now."

 

"If that's what you want then sure."

 

****

 

The two engaged in a competition and Mina wasn't expecting this noisy competitor.

 

They were playing guns and having to shoot aliens to achieve their mission whatsoever. Nayeon has been shouting at the aliens too much Mina couldn't concentrate and hold her laugh, leaving her to lose while Nayeon screams on the screen. "Get it you weird looking inhabitants!"

 

After a moment of laughing, Nayeon founds Mina's smile with her eyes looking like it's smiling as well. Mina looks so happy and Nayeon would like it to keep that way.

 

"See? You lost." Nayeon grins, blowing the end of the gun and turning to Mina who is already red from all the laughing she did.

 

"I can't believe you are..." Another around of laughter hits Mina and Nayeon had to wait for her to calm down, laughing crazily to hear what she's going to say.

 

"Maybe this is why your opponents always lose. They died from laughing."

 

****

 

Mina told her she'll go pick Sana up from the playground before continuing where they left off and when the sisters returned. They found her shouting at the ring as she plays basketball. Each time she shoots and miss another round of groaning and blaming.

 

"That was wild," Sana says, eyes darting to a certain teacher across the room.

 

"From start to finish." Mina follows.

 

"Oh, hey! Look I won something. I had too many tickets to spare and so I bought a dog!" Nayeon exhales, jumping around as she squeals at the sisters. The adrenaline of playing games and becoming too competitive still in her nerves.

 

Mina and Sana could only nod slowly, watching as Nayeon played from here to there, running across the room.

 

"Wait... she bought a dog?" Mina looks at Sana, processing everything Nayeon just said.

 

"NAYEON YOU BOUGHT A DOG?"

 

****

 

PRINCESS PEACH: update we are kicked out from the mall because the security notice our not-very-unusual behavior and now jisoo is whining. Send help. I repeat, send help.

 

JEONGSTRICH: we're no good either. After running around jihyo and i decided to eat feeling hungry all of a sudden and then we saw sana and mina emerging out of a store and nayeon jumping while she runs to them. Jihyo spilled her drink on me and i freaked out and shrieked causing the people to look at us. We literally dashed like the flash... ;)

 

JIHYO OHYO OHYO: this is not the time for jokes jeong.

 

JEONGSTRICH: i'm sorry i'll stop.

 

JISOOS: wait why r u guys more successful with following them. momo what did we do wrong

 

PRINCESS PEACH: ur too exaggerated. You panic over the smallest of things and doing very extra movements so that is why the security drag us out.

 

JISOOS: so it's my fault then.

 

PRINCESS PEACH: no it's ur dog's

 

JISOOS: what

 

PRINCESS PEACH: i'm kidding it's clearly your fault. And don't pout or i'm gonna throw this phone on your face instead.

 

JISOOS: :>

 

****

 

It is nearly evening and Sana had fallen asleep in the arms of her sister. Her cheeks squished as she hums loudly.

 

"You alright?" Nayeon asks out of concern, seems like Mina has been struggling with what she carries but she doesn't deny that she wants to poke Sana's cheeks so much.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm used to this. Never thought she'd knocked out this fast. And thank you for the dog, Sana is going to treasure it."

 

Nayeon laughs, eyeing the small stuffed dog she won for all the games, deciding to give it to the child as a gift since she really enjoyed the day thanks to them.

 

"You are really fun to be with, Nayeon. I don't know how much I laughed today. I never laugh this hard since I don't know, forever?" Mina glances at Nayeon who has her bunny teeth smile on and Mina's heart probably stopped beating.

 

"Glad to make you laugh then. I haven't had that much fun since I left. I'm so exhausted for today." Nayeon says as she sees Mina from her side, stiffling her giggles scared of waking her sister up.

 

"You know Mina... there's a school fair coming up. We'll be really busy because we're preparing for that. I just want to thank you for adopting me for today."

 

"Adopt? You sound like you're a pet." By this time, Mina is not even trying hiding her laugh anymore.

 

"And what is this school fair you're saying?"

 

"Oh." Nayeon quips, "It's a 3-day event presenting all the things the students did. Somewhat a gallery but it has other activities too and parents can come as well."

 

"If I go I'd see you there, right?" Nayeon feels her knees weakening just like that. Mina just lowkey said she wants to see her. Who wouldn't faint at this?

 

"Yes."

 

Mina, afraid that she might've killed down their conversation speaks up but the topic is somewhat irritating than she thought. It just came to her mind. She looks everywhere and sees couples doing their things. Mina can't help but roll her eyes at this.

 

"Have you ever dated?"

 

Nayeon, surprised with the sudden topic, chuckles and shakes her head. "Once, in high school. I think it's still the worst decision I've done in my life but it's in the past now so... How about you?"

 

"Me?" Mina hesitates to continue. "I haven't had the time for that. I've been busy my whole life. Ever since... my father died, I studied hard. Graduated. Found a job. And I haven't really thought of it. I only ever think about my mom and Sana, how to help my mother with the expenses and finally it paid off." Mina shrugs off, as if it is not a big deal but to Nayeon it is.

 

Nayeon couldn't believe how someone so beautiful and pretty and kind as Mina never really dated. Now she's too embarrass for all the things she thought before. This information took Nayeon a minute to sink in, her admiration for the doctor growing stronger.

 

"Wow. You're so dedicated. This is why I love you." Nayeon laughs, and then stops.

 

Mina freezes, stopping at her tracks. “What?”