One

Talk to Me

"Okay, next."

 

The nurse said as she signals the other people to enter the room. People were lined up for checkups or checking if they have any illnesses but someone has a different reason.

 

"When will it be my turn?" Nayeon mumbled.

 

She looked around and then smiled when she saw the door open and caught a glimpse of her before the door closes. She smiled.

 

"Be patient, whoo…" She closes her eyes and breathes in and out.

 

She didn't realize that she's the next one.

 

"Miss?" The nurse asked. No response.

 

"Miss? You're next, miss?" The nurse asked a little louder.

 

"Miss! You're next," The nurse shook her a little.

 

"Geez, Nayeon, stop daydreaming." She stood up and heaved a sigh before entering the room.

 

'There she is, oh my goodness, she's an angel, the epitome of elegance, the true meaning of life, she's much more beautiful than any of the-'

 

"Eh?" Nayeon asked.

 

"Ma'am, I asked you if you're alright." The doctor grins clearly amused because of Nayeon.

 

"Oh, hehe, sorry." She laughs awkwardly, trying to save herself from this situation.

 

"Please, sit down," The doctor gestured her to sit.

 

"Miss Im Nayeon ssi? I believe I've saw you before." The doctor said while checking the paper Nayeon just handed her.

 

'Oh my gooosh, she remembers meee'

 

"Actually yes, I've been here before, many times actually…" she mumbled the last part.

 

"Oh, I see."

 

Nayeon stares at her while she's reading the form. She may look like a creep but no, how can someone look this beautiful just by reading a paper? How can someone's voice be so soft and calming that you would want to listen to it every day? How could her gummy smile make Nayeon's day a million times much better? She finds it unfair though.

 

"Miss Im?" The doctor asks her.

 

Nayeon wakes up from her daydream again.

 

"You usually daydream," The doctor chuckles.

 

"Anyways, nothing is wrong with you. You are healthy physically, and mentally. But you should continue to exercise, since you get tired easily. Just consult me if anything wrong or unusual ever happens, okay?"

 

Nayeon nods. (Did she even understand anything that she said?)

 

"Ah, yes, doc, thanks." Nayeon said but she continues to sit down on the chair and Mina looks everywhere and coughs.

 

"Uhm, Nayeon ssi, you may go now."

 

"Haha. Yes, that's what I'm about to do actually, haha. Yes. Here I go…" she stands up and doesn't notice Mina smiling at her

 

Nayeon turns around and bows again at Mina, "Goodbye doc. Take care."

 

"Take care too." Mina answers.

 

****

 

"She just said 'take care too'! That's the first time she ever said that to me! Oh my goodness!" Nayeon squeals making the people around her look at her weirdly.

 

She mumbles a sorry to them and glances at her watch. "Fudge! I'm late! Jihyo's gonna be so, so angry."

 

Nayeon runs, she rushes to save her life from deep danger when she spent too much time daydreaming about her. Why does she have to do that? Fortunately, her work is near to that doctor's clinic, so she can just walk and walk and walk and walk.

 

She arrives, finally, and walks to her office; she fixes herself first before surprising them.

 

"Hello kids!" She shouts and all the children who were previously coloring, painting and playing runs to her.

 

"Teacher Im!!!" The kids shouted, and Nayeon happily hug them.

 

"Teacher Im! Why are you late?" One of the kids asked.

 

"Ah! Nothing, it's just that its traffic."

 

"Eyy, don't lie, Teacher Im, you went to her again, right?" Tzuyu, one of the kids and the one who knows about the doctor for who knows what reason, says.

 

Nayeon widens her eyes, and the kids look at Tzuyu, not having any idea on what she just said.

 

"Ehem! Kids, don't mind her, she's just kidding, Right, Tzuyu?"

 

"No."

 

"Oh. Okay, let's just ask Sana. Right, Sana?" She turns her attention to Sana, who also knows about the doctor because of Tzuyu.

 

"No."

 

"Why are you two best friends so savage to me?" She whines but she hugs them otherwise.

 

"Okay, let's see…" She grabs a storybook from one of the desks and waves it to the children who were sitting in a way that they are so cuddly. The children surround Nayeon and waits for her.

 

"Who wants a story?" She asks and the kids raise their hands.

 

"Me!!!!" They shouted.

 

“Okay.” She sits in front of them and starts to read the story.

~~~~

“Okay, kids. Goodbye!” Nayeon waves to them as their parents go and fetch them now. She notices Sana still there, sitting.

 

“Your parents would come late again?” She sits beside her. It is always Sana who is left behind of her classmates and would stay much more than them. Sana smiles. Whenever her parents would go home late, she would insist Nayeon to tell her what’s going on with her day. Maybe that’s where Tzuyu and Sana knew about the doctor.

 

“Teacher Im, say, what happened today?” Sana cutely asked. Nayeon stared at her. “You are going to make me say things about my day that you don’t have to know, right?” Nayeon crossed her arms and pretends to be angry.

 

“Pleaasee, Teacher Im.” She holds her hands together and cutely pouts at Nayeon.

 

“No, I won’t fall for that again.” Nayeon avoids her pleading and looks somewhere else. She hears Sana sob and she immediately panic.

 

“Hey, don’t cry, please, okay, I’ll tell you something…” Sana immediately smiles and Nayeon ruffles her hair.

 

“Okay, I went again to Doc Myoui…” Nayeon smiles remembering what happened earlier.

 

“She’s the same, being cute and elegant and beautiful and alluring at the same time.” Sana giggles.

 

“You know, Sana, I really want to talk to her someday, other than checkups and my health…” Nayeon sighs and Sana sighs too.

 

“Unnie, you are so dumb…” Sana mumbled,

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“No, nothing.”

 

“Sana!” Her parents finally came and Sana runs towards them, Nayeon takes this as her cue to return to their office and get scolded by Jihyo again.

 

She is right, the moment she opened the door, Jihyo’s voice booms in her ears saying things like ‘Why are you late again?’ and ‘Why do you always do this to me?’ and much more. Nayeon sighs, this scene is always done every day and she’s getting used to it, actually.

 

“Are you done?” Nayeon asks unknowingly and immediately takes it back when she saw Jihyo’s glare, sending death threats to her through her eyes.

 

“That’s not what I meant, Jihyo ah.” Nayeon shivers and then laughs when Jihyo tries to kick her.

 

“No, seriously, unnie. You went to that doctor again, Am I right?” Jihyo knows she’s right when Nayeon does not utter a word. “You’re so hopeless with her-“

 

“YAH!” Nayeon tries to kick her back.

 

“I know that already, I know that she’s a doctor, and I also know that I can’t reach her, so maybe just going to that place and seeing her every day, that’s probably enough for me.” Jihyo pities her friend, Nayeon feels so much pressure on why she has to fall for an angel she knows she can’t reach.

 

“But it’s not my fault that I see her everyday and get tempted to go inside the clinic. Because, you know, her clinic happens to be just near here and I happen to pass by always and…” She stops when Jihyo raises a brow at her.

 

“Aish.” Nayeon whines at her when suddenly the door bursts open.

 

Jeongyeon looks so exhausted and Nayeon swears she hears some students outside.

 

“It’s hard to handle highschoolers, tsk, Thank Jihyo the great for letting me teach in the children.” Nayeon says.

 

“Well, you’re doing great with them, so what can I do?” Jihyo says.

 

“Well, Jihyo the great, can you put me too? These highschoolers keep asking my number and says cheesy lines to me, even if they’re girls or boys.” Jeongyeon sighs as she sits on her chair.

 

“But yeah, what to do, nobody can resist me, who can resist Yoo Jeongyeon, the girl crush?” Jeongyeon then acts cool and glances at the window and hears the students screaming.

 

“Idiot.” Nayeon says.

 

“Ah, Nayeon, you can go home now, I can’t be with you because I still need to check the grades of them.” She glances at their window and hears another cheer again.

 

“I seriously can’t believe you… Alright! I’ll go home first, Bye Guys.” Nayeon waves at them. Heading to the gates, she walks outside and walks to her home.

 

‘Is she still at their clinic? Maybe not, maybe-‘

 

She stops when she sees someone talking to Mina outside, the girls is much shorter than her and her hair’s also shorter than her. She feels somewhat angry when the girl clings to Mina’s arm and acts cute to her, it did not help when the girl tiptoed and kisses Mina’s cheeks. Nayeon felt so hurt, even though she has no right to feel it.

 

Now, her day was ruined, “Who is she?” She asks as she drags her feet to move.

 

Nayeon’s regular day consists of: Passing by Mina’s office, contemplating whether she’ll go inside or be in time for work at least once, of course she’ll get inside because she cannot resist herself, her day would be fine, she would arrive late at her work, she would read stories to the kids, talk and be with Sana until her parents came, be scolded by Jihyo, and then go home with Jeongyeon.

 

But now, something feels odd, was it because Jeongyeon did not go with her when she got home? Or when that girl kissed Mina? Anyways, the moment she got home, she runs to her room and plops down at her bed.

 

“I hate this, why do I feel like this, you know Nayeon that you can’t reach her, you know that very well but why do you keep thinking of her?” She mumbles to herself as she starts to sob.

 

****

 

“Mina-hic- haha, you, you know that I like you –hic- no, I love you but why do you have to ignore me again and again? You know, I’ll leave him for you.” Chaeyoung laughs and clings at Mina.

 

“You’re drunk, Chaeyoung.” She says but she was immediately startled when Chaeyoung places a kiss on her cheek.

She immediately grabs Chaeyoung’s hands and pushes her. “Just stop. Go home.” Mina walks inside her clinic and completely turns her back at Chaeyoung.

 

“Was it her again?” Momo, her friend and co-worker, asks her with a worried look as she knows the situation between the two.

 

“Yes, and there she goes again with her imaginative mind and breaking up with her boyfriend, I mean, she knows very well, that I’m not interested at her and she still does this.” Mina sits at her chair and rests her head on it.

 

“Well, are you not interested in someone?” Momo grins and Mina throws a pen at her.

 

“Shut it.” Mina says seriously but smiles afterwards.

 

“Oh, look at her denying it, you would always look for her outside or here lined up in the clinic.”

 

“Just shut up.” Mina then smiles.

 

****

 

“Unnie!” Mina hugs Sana that is running towards her.

 

“Aigoo, this kid, how is school? Did you do great?” Mina ruffles her hair.

 

“Unnie, why can’t you just ask her out?” Sana the crosses her arms and looks at Mina, “Eh?”

 

“You know what I’m talking about.”

 

“Straightforward, aren’t you?”

“She thinks that I’m just an innocent kid when I happen to know much more than I should.”

 

“And acts more than you should... Why do you act like someone older than me? But when you’re in school you act so innocent.” Mina says as she puts her bag at the table.

 

“She said something about you being so beautiful and cute.” Mina stares at her.

 

“Why can’t you just talk to her? Urgh, why are you two denying this? I’m literally helping you now, saying things I shouldn’t say to you and you do nothing. Are you serious?” Sana adds.

 

“Why do you seriously talk like an adult? I can’t believe it.” Mina pretends to be shock and pushes Sana into her room.

 

“Why do you keep changing the sub-“

 

“Sleep well, okay, g’night!” Mina shuts the door and runs to her room.

 

“She called me beautiful and cute?” Mina stares outside as she grabs a handkerchief with an ‘Im’ embroidered to it.

 


I don't know what I just did and also, Why does Mina have a handkerchief with an 'Im' to it? And what do you think of this chapter? I'm sorry if this is messy, my mind's a mess while writing this.