Seventeen

Talk to Me

Hey people of the earth... so this is the last update T-T and i must say I got too attached with this story. I never even expected that this would get so much love and support from you guys and I am always grateful about it. From the upvotes, to comments. I'm gonna miss you guys screaming at the comment section though XD

 

After this, I'll be in hiatus for a while because I need to focus on my studies this is a busy year for me alright :) remember though, that even when you're sad or stress or something, there's still some things worth smiling for. :)))))

 

Anyway I don't want to make this long enough as we all have to witness minayeon being fluffy with each other. Thank you for riding this ride with me fellow minayeonators, (they really wanna watch the world burn,,, no one is really gonna post the minayeon ear candy??? No??? Okay fine at least we had an audio.)

 

So enjoy :)


 

Nayeon woke up later that time, sun still not rising, finding herself curled up beside someone. Someone who is just supposedly, Myoui Mina.

 

She wanted to freak out, wanted to question why she's sleeping beside her, why she's feeling a massive headache, and why is Mina even here. But all of those were forgotten when she looked at the figure beside her, who might just look like a goddess while sleeping, and Nayeon finds herself in awe. All questions long forgotten.

 

The arm Mina had wrapped around her waist tightens, and Nayeon finds herself being pulled closer, as if there's barely any space left between them.

 

She finds herself wrapped in a comfortable warmth and Nayeon can't help but sleep a little longer.

 

Few hours had passed, and the rays of the sun barely lights up the room. Nayeon slowly blinks her eyes, opening them wide to find someone breathing just above her head.

 

Whom the .

 

Her immediate reaction is to panic. "Mina?" She says as she slowly untangles the arm that is around her. Nayeon looks around the room, and is relieved to know that her clothes are still on, and that no mess occurred, no scattering of whatever.

 

She stares at the sleeping beauty beside her, and Nayeon questions if she is even allowed to fall even deeper for Mina just because she's sleeping.

 

"God, what happened?" She stretches her arms dramatically as she groans. She yawns, then closes her eyes just as quick when all things that happened yesterday came rushing in.

 

, oh no. What happened?

 

She stares at her clothes, a black and white stripes long sleeve shirt and a pajama shorts. Yep, still the same...

 

WAIT, NO... Oh. My. God.

 

She hears a chuckle beside her, looking at Mina who is staring at her drowsily, eyes barely opened as she uses her arm to support her head, watching Nayeon in amusement.

 

"Hi," Nayeon mutters, more nervous than she thought.

 

"Hello." Mina says, and oh god Nayeon wants to melt at the thought of her waking up with Mina and greeting her with that morning voice of hers every day.

 

"May I ask but why are you here? What happened? Why are my clothes differe—oh my god! Why are my clothes different?" She couldn't stand sitting anymore so Nayeon paces back and forth around her room.

 

Mina beams a smile at her, and Nayeon stops walking just to admire this girl. "Mina?"

 

"I changed your clothes last night with the utmost sincerity of not wanting you to be sick and smelly. And sorry, I just grab anything I saw. And also, don't worry I did it as fast as I could. And I didn't see anything. I just don't wanna see you waking up in that state, looking like a mess." Mina's voice falls and falls, so does her head back on the pillow.

 

Nayeon is blushing mad out of embarrassment; did Mina just take care of her when she's drunk? Did she bring her home? Did she bother her? Did she disturb her? If so, then Nayeon wants to smack herself in the head.

 

"Wait, okay Mina tell me honestly because I'm getting very embarrass right now with the thought of you changing my clothes... oh my god it sounds so weird. I'm sorry I'm just really flustered. You have to bring me home, I probably bothered you, and you just saw me... I'm sorry if I disturbed you. Please just bury me alive." By the end of her long rant, Nayeon is almost squatting down, curling herself as much as she could, wanting to be one with the floor.

 

"I told you, I didn't see anything." Mina mumbles, eyes closed again. She sure is missing the chance of seeing Nayeon this puzzled, and shocked, and in dismay?

 

"You didn't see anything?" Her tone of voice came out sounding as if she's disappointed, even. Nayeon almost smacks herself physically but does it mentally just for the sake of her not looking weird in front of Mina.

 

"Why? I'd be more than willing to if you want right now." Mina says, bringing herself up to stare at Nayeon, winking at her. Nayeon almost fainted because is it just her or did Mina's voice and teasing level just upgraded to a completely different level.

 

"W-What?"

 

"I'm kidding, Nayeon. I just want you not sick. I really am concerned about you. I don't even know why you drank." Mina lays back in bed, covering herself with the blanket, missing the chance of seeing Nayeon's bewildered face. "And I'm going to sleep more. It's still so early. My body isn't really used to getting up on weekends so if you must, I'm going to borrow your bed for a while."

 

Just like that, Mina is asleep once again and Nayeon is left frozen in her place.

 

****

 

She takes her chance to cook something for breakfast, while her guest is still fast asleep. Frying some bacon and eggs, she plans to cook for the first time in a while just for Mina.

 

Nayeon, of course, knows how to cook, being forced to live by herself, she needs to know how to provide herself with the basic needs, and Nayeon finds herself dedicating to cooking. But as she gets busy at her work, she tends to just grab and go things whenever she rushes.

 

"Good morning, baby." Mina comes out of the room, and holy heavens did Mina just call her baby?

 

"Baby? Mina you're acting really weird today." Nayeon raises a brow, in hopes that her expression would mask what she's really feeling. Internally screaming.

 

"What? I'm just taking revenge. And don't you like it, baby?" The hint of tease in Mina's voice made Nayeon's heart pump faster than she ever thought will be. Mina proceeds to stand beside her, leaning her arm on the counter while staring at Nayeon who is so focused on what she's cooking Mina thinks it'll burn if ever she averts her eyes just for a second.

 

"Are you not going to tell me why you drank? And why they told me you went to the hospital but I didn't see you there?" Mina rests her cheek on her palm, patiently waiting for Nayeon's answer.

 

Nayeon nibbles on her lower lip, how should she explain the mess her friends put her in? She just wanted to talk, not drink and shout for a whole night.

 

"I... uh, I was just dragged by my friends. I didn't know I get that worse when I drink, that's all." Nayeon forces a laugh, hoping Mina would accept her answer and wouldn't notice the forcedness behind it.

 

"You didn't answer the second question." Mina crosses her arms.

 

Damn it, Jeongyeon. Why get me drunk in the first place?

 

"Uhm..." Nayeon puts down the spatula she's holding and places it beside the frying pan. Hesitating if this is the right thing to do, she just did what her mind is telling her to, out of nervousness, she just wanted to let this off too.

 

"How are you so sure that you want to date me? I mean, there are many other people out there who matches your level, someone who matches your grace, your elegance. I can't help but think that this is just a dream, and I'm scared to know."

 

Mina recalls how Nayeon talked to her last night when she was drunk, how she keeps on asking if she loves her. Did I make her doubt herself?

 

"Hey," Mina walks closer, gently cupping Nayeon's cheeks with both hands. "Why would you even think of that?"

 

Nayeon refuses to look at her in the eye. Mina continues to talk, anyway.

 

"Don't say that because I'm deeming myself really lucky that I'm dating Im Nayeon. You are more than enough Nayeon. You would always be more than enough, and I don't even know what I did to deserve you. You think so highly of me that does it ever cross your mind how I think of you the same way. I'm sorry for making you feel that way. I'd never want you to feel that your less than what you think is worth it, because, god, you're more than I could ask for."

 

Mina caresses Nayeon's cheeks as she slowly tilts her head up. Seeing the sincerity in Mina's eyes, Nayeon finally speaks up. "I just thought I don't deserve you."

 

Mina sighed, running a thumb across Nayeon's cheek. Looking at her straight in the eyes, Mina starts to talk again. "What do I need to do to prove myself to you? That I love you?"

 

Nayeon widens her eyes with the last words Mina had said. She couldn't believe what she heard. And she thinks she's still dreaming. She wasn't expecting any of this. How could Mina say those three words so easily to her?

 

"What did you say?"

 

"I love you."

 

Is all it takes for Nayeon to close the gap between them. And at that moment, it just felt so good. It felt as if Nayeon forgot all her doubts and being here with Mina is all that mattered.

 

Pulling her closer by the waist, Nayeon leans away, admiring Mina who still has her eyes close, breathless from the kiss they just shared.

 

"I love you too."

 

Nayeon didn't regret her decision to pull away when she saw how Mina's smile grew just by her saying it. What is she even thinking doubting Mina like that. She really is an idiot.

 

"I'm sorry for—"

 

"Oh shut up." This time, Mina is the one to close the distance between them. If their kiss was sweet and slow a while ago, this time it was passionate and rough. Mina wanting to show Nayeon how much she loves her, wanting to pour in that kiss all the love she feels for her.

 

In between their kisses, Mina hears a moan coming from Nayeon when she unintentionally bit her lower lip and goodness gracious it sounds like music to her ears. She didn't know when she started peppering her neck with kisses but Mina doesn't seem to stop, enjoying the feeling of Nayeon's skin on .

 

Mina slows down and revels on the sight as Nayeon takes in small short breaks of trying to catch her breath. Mina leaves trails of kisses on her shoulders, neck, up until her jawline, and finally again. Not leaving a break for Nayeon, who is already whimpering with what Mina is doing.

 

She felt something weird though, and Mina slowly pulls away. "Something is burning."

 

Nayeon still in a daze from the make out session they just did feels weak on her knees and tries to stand herself, resting her hand on Mina's shoulders. "It's my love for you."

 

If they weren't in such situation, Mina would've laugh, but instead she gives Nayeon the 'are-you-serious' look and she immediately opens her eyes in realization, "I'm kidding. Mina, I'm cooking! The food is burning!"

 

****

 

"Jisoo. Can you pass me that box over there?"

 

"Sure," Jisoo throws it to Momo as she continues surfing whatever it is on her phone. She glances at the still packing Momo and returns her gaze at her phone.

 

"You're moving back?"

 

Momo nods, "Yep. I was going to be replaced by Doctor Song. So I'll be moving a few days later. Finally though, I can see Mina again and endlessly. And I'm going to ask whoever said I love you first so don't you dare back out on that bet."

 

Jisoo fakes an expression. "Me? Backing out? Oh, please, Mo. I never back out."

 

Momo then smiles, "One treats the other for the whole month alright."

 

"Yeah, still remember that."

 

"But," Jisoo adds. "I thought we'd go eat with Chaeyoung later?"

 

Momo looks at her. "Yeah? We'd still go I'm not gonna take that long fixing my things."

 

Jisoo eyes the pile of unorganized things on Momo's table. "I doubt that."

 

****

 

Mina isn't really into gossips and all but there's something about this that is definitely making her curios. She and Momo were just about to have lunch when they saw doctors and nurses piling up at the front, just near the nurse's station.

 

Mina raises a brow at the way her colleagues were acting, acting as if they've seen a celebrity in this hospital, because the look of admiration on their faces is enough for her to know that they are watching someone. Itching to know what it is, she goes to Momo to ask her about it.

 

"Why don't we find out? Gonna go grab lunch anyways." Momo mutters, hands tucked inside the pocket of her coat as they start walking. They walked behind their fellow doctors, and hears a few gossips here and there.

 

When the coast is finally clear and Mina is tired of all the talks. She wanted to see it for herself so when some doctors did give space, she managed to sneak in to that small place and finally she saw a glimpse of who they are talking about.

 

Okay, so Nayeon is indeed beautiful but she wasn't expecting this kind of beautiful beautiful.

 

Apparently, Im Nayeon is the one they are staring at because her girlfriend did dress up and oh she looks beautiful as heck. Mina is amaze how can she even fall deeper for someone she's already head over heels with?

 

Nayeon is just wearing a white button up blouse with a few imprints of flowers on it tucked in her pink skirt that ends just above her knees. She wears a clutch that slides one side off her shoulder. Her jet-black hair curls a little at the ends, and her bangs moved sideways. If Mina could, her jaw must have dropped a thousand feet below her already.

 

It doesn't help that Nayeon is clearly unaware of the stares she's receiving, looking down while checking her nails. Mina hears a nurse on her side say something off the lines 'she looks so chic' and Mina has never agreed someone to a full level.

 

A part of her wants to show off to everyone that that is Im Nayeon, the prettiest teacher in the world. But a part of her is also frustrated since why is everyone looking at Nayeon like that?

 

Momo nudges her side, making Mina look at her. She only grins as she pats her love-struck friend on the shoulder. "Momo, tell me... how can someone's back look so attractive? It's unfair, really."

 

Momo rolls her eyes at her and groans at her friend. "Goodness you're disgusting, Mina. I never thought you'd be this whipped when I push you with Nayeon."

 

"Guess I'm gonna go out first, and no worries I'm gonna drag Seulgi on the way." Mina doesn't answer anymore, watches Momo walk away while she drags Seulgi who appeared right on time.

 

"Wow, so pretty."

 

"Her face is like a doll."

 

"How can someone be this pretty?"

 

Mina doesn't know if her fellow doctors and nurses are that deprived of seeing someone look this good that they're starting to look weird and sound weird to Mina.

 

"Her legs are to die for, really."

 

Okay, that's it. Mina had enough. She turns to the doctor who said that, and clenches her jaw, almost glaring at the poor nurse. Mina almost squared up. If she could, she'd stitch his mouth out and bandaged his eyes completely.

 

Struggling to say it without sounding a bit intimidating, Mina finds herself gritting her teeth while saying, "You didn't have to say that in front of me, though."

 

 

****

 

 

"Hi, Doc Myoui." Nayeon says, closing the door behind her.

 

"Hello, Miss Im." Mina replies, a smile starting to grow on her lips.

 

"What made you come here?" Mina asks, as she gestures Nayeon to sit at the chair in front of the table.

 

Nayeon pouts and Mina almost scoffs because how dare she do this without warning?

 

"I'm feeling a bit sick." She frowns, and Mina immediately stands up, going over to Nayeon's to check her forehead. "What?"

 

"Lovesick." Nayeon grins at her and Mina ruffles her bangs in annoyance. Nayeon only laughs at her reaction.

 

Nayeon raises a brow, "Oh why, baby? You don't like me going here?"

 

Mina finds it unfair how just one word can turn her into a pool of mess. She feels her cheeks heat at the sudden turn of events. "So now you're taking revenge?"

 

"What? How could you think of that? Revenge? No one's taking any revenge here, baby. You're the only one thinking of that." The grin on Nayeon's face grows wider and Mina can't help but roll her eyes.

 

"Okay, miss who keeps on turning heads because she's so pretty."

 

"I know right I'm so pretty... Are you jealous?" Mina knows how her reaction keeps on feeding Nayeon's ego to keep on teasing her. But she couldn't do anything to stop it.

 

"No! Me? Jealous? No way. I'm not. It's just too many people are staring and there's this one who keeps on— why are you here anyway? I thought you'd go eat with your friends today?" Mina knows how she's not really good at hiding her emotions and Nayeon can read through her right now. Thank god Nayeon only smiles at her and subtly shakes her head.

 

"I just wanted to surprise you. Effective, isn't it? But really, I'm feeling a bit sick."

 

Mina stares at her for a whole minute, checking if she's teasing her again. "Wow, look, I'm convinced."

 

"No, really. My hands keep on getting cold." She pouts, and Mina is immediately defeated. She holds Nayeon's hands and rubs them together, making it warm.

 

She sees on the corner of her eyes how Nayeon is trying to stop herself from smiling too much. "You know," Nayeon adds. "For some reason my lips are cold too."

 

Mina rolls her eyes, "Did you just come all the way just to make my heart palpitate?"

 

Nayeon playfully glares at her as she puckers her lips. "Maybe? And I said my lips are cold too. What are you gonna do, Doc Myoui?"

 

"Oh, I don't know, grab a hot pack and place it over them."

 

Nayeon scoffs, "You're no fun. What are you doing?"

 

She watches Mina placed a stethoscope around her neck. Nayeon laughs as Mina examines her own. "Checking if I'm still in love with you." She laughs.

 

Mina hums, after a few seconds of silence. "Come to think of it, seeing you here reminds me of something."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I first saw you here in the hospital. You probably didn't notice me but I saw you running here from there with your nose bleeding."

 

Nayeon widens her eyes in disbelief. "You did not!"

 

Now it's Mina's turn, a smirk making its way on her lips. "Yeah I did. You left your handkerchief. I tried returning it to you but I didn't see you again. That's when I was transferred to the clinic, and then you keep on entering every day."

 

Nayeon, still trying to process the information, leans back on her chair. "Oh my god. That's when I managed to hit my nose on the table... let's not talk about that."

 

Nayeon shakes her head vigorously while Mina is visibly laughing. "It's okay. You're cute."

 

"Oh shut up!"

 

 

****

 

 

After eating lunch together, and talking for a bit. Nayeon needs to go now, dragging her feet as she walks behind Mina who comes with her to walk her outside.

 

"You tease me all the time..." Nayeon mutters, dead on the inside. If Mina could, she'd just rain Nayeon with teases and she'll feel gloomy all day.

 

Mina heard it but pretends she didn’t, trying to contain herself from smiling too much. They reached the gates and again, people were staring at the girl behind her. Mina narrows her eyes at this. A crazy idea floated around her head.

 

"I'm going." Nayeon mumbles. Gaze lowered on the floor.

 

Mina examines her, and then looks around to see if people are still staring. She holds Nayeon's chin and lifts her head up. She doesn't waste any time as she plants kisses on the teacher's mouth, making Nayeon smile all throughout.

 

"What is that for?" Nayeon raises a brow, holding Mina's free hand.

 

"I thought your lips are cold."

 

"Really? Is that so?" Nayeon chuckles.

 

Mina's gummy smile makes an appearance making Nayeon smile as well. "Maybe," Mina starts. "But it's more of the 'showing everyone your mine' side."

 

"Says the one who said she's not jealous." Nayeon pulls her closer, landing a short kiss on Mina's.

 

"I'm not jealous, though." Mina teases. "Are your lips still cold?"

 

"Maybe," Nayeon doesn't know how can teasing someone be this good. "I think it's colder than before, actually."

 

Nayeon sees a glimpse of the nurse she saw before, smirking as she looks at her annoyed face. She has nothing to worry about; Mina will always choose her no matter what. When Mina is about to speak, Nayeon shuts her up... with her lips.

 

 

****

 

Mina waits for Nayeon right after she finishes her work, and after walking around here and there. She buys Nayeon ice cream after the latter whining about it.

 

"Are you sure you don't want?" Nayeon offers the vanilla flavored ice cream towards her but Mina only shakes her head.

 

"Why?" Nayeon questions. "It isn't like you to refuse sweets like this."

 

Mina shrugs her shoulder and doesn't answer, only swaying their locked hands even more.

 

"Are you sure you don't want?" Nayeon offers once again, Mina stares at her straight in the eyes.

 

"Okay then," Nayeon nibbles on her ice cream as they walk. No one talks—for what Nayeon felt like—forever. Until she speaks again.

 

"It's my last resort. I feel guilty for letting you buy me this..."

 

She couldn't even finish her sentence when Mina dipped in, and kisses her full on the lips. Blushing mad when she felt Mina's tongue slide across her lower lip.

 

"... ice cream." Nayeon freezes as Mina pulls away, her lips, she looks up, as she tastes the flavor on .

 

She couldn't even talk, not anymore, not after the act that Mina did to her. Nayeon purses as her cheeks were starting to heat; she couldn't even tear her gaze off Mina who looks like she's judging the ice cream for now.

 

"Tastes like strawberry." Mina finally looks at her, and Nayeon doesn't know what reaction to give. She couldn't even think straight, her heart is drumming against her ribs, her breathing were ragged.

 

"But," Nayeon frowns; the ice cream is definitely vanilla. "This isn't strawberry."

 

"I know." Mina pauses, eyes not leaving Nayeon who may resemble a strawberry for how she blushes right now. "But you're lip gloss is."

 

It took a whole minute for Nayeon to stop staring at Mina who is grinning at her.

 

"You are an idiot, Mina." Nayeon huffs out, averting her gaze as she looks far away. "You're really going to make my heart jump out of my chest anytime soon."

 

Mina pulls their intertwined hands and gives a kiss on top of Nayeon's. "Then I'll gladly put it back whenever."

 

****

 

"So Nabbongs," Jihyo quips as she takes a sip from her coffee. "This has been going on my mind for a while, and I can't help but wonder... have you and Mina done... it?"

 

Nayeon choked on air as she coughs everywhere, trying to lessen the noise, since it looks like it won't be stopping anytime soon.

 

"Excuse me, what?" The tone of Nayeon's voice made Jihyo shiver, thinking that isn't a really really good question to ask her friend.

 

"I'm not even thinking of doing that to her! God, I'm just happy being with her. You're such a ert, Jihyo... this is making me lose my mind, really." Nayeon's hands swayed everywhere, almost smacking her things off her desk as she tried explaining.

 

As Nayeon continues to explain, Jihyo slowly pushes her chair over to Jeongyeon and whispers, "You owe me one."

 

Jeongyeon grunts, annoyed.

 

 

****

 

It was raining hard outside, and Nayeon is left alone in her house, (well she's always alone.) unable to go to work because of the sickness she got from the unstable weather.

 

The doorbell rings and rings and rings, and Nayeon puts it in mind to kick whoever it is who keeps on doing it. She struggles getting out of the couch, dragging her feet as she made her way to the door, not forgetting her blanket that is wrapped around her head and falls until the floor.

 

She opens the door, and sees Mina about to ring again.

 

Nayeon sneezes and Mina closes her eyes for the unexpected surprise.

 

"Hello." Mina says, trying to dry herself, looking like she got caught in the middle of the rain.

 

"Hi." Nayeon opens her blanket and lets Mina in, hugging her tight.

 

"Is it still bad?" Mina pulls her head back and stares at the red-nosed Nayeon. The latter nods her head, burying herself on Mina's chest.

 

"Hmm, I'll go cook for you." Mina kisses her forehead, before going out again and brings in a handful bag of groceries.

 

Nayeon lays back down on the couch, feeling sleepy all of a sudden. She closes her eyes for a second, wanting to steal sleep for a while.

 

When Mina finishes her cooking, she goes over to where Nayeon is only to see that she's dozing off soundly. Mina chuckles at the sight of burrito Nayeon, who has her blanket all over her body.

 

She moves closer, and checks the bunny's forehead, feeling it still hot. Mina gets the medicines she brought, and nudges Nayeon.

 

"Nayeonnie?" Mina crouches in front of her. "Baby?"

 

Nayeon finally stirs in her sleep and blinks furiously trying to get her eyesight right. "Hmm," She hums, acknowledging her presence.

 

"You have to drink your medicines."

 

Nayeon stands up, still drowsy. Mina helps her sit up and helps her take the medicines before going back to the kitchen.

 

After feeding Nayeon who refused to eat at first. Mina finds herself cuddled up with Nayeon. The blanket wrapped around the both of them as Nayeon leans her head on her shoulder.

 

"Are you sure you want to watch this?" Nayeon asks, barely awake, as she sneezes once again.

 

"Why? Are you scared?" Mina teases, rubbing circles on Nayeon's hand to calm her.

 

"No way," Nayeon scoffs. "I'll even fight the ghosts for you."

 

Mina hums and kisses the top of Nayeon's head as she nods to whatever Nayeon is saying.

 

"You're so sick."

 

"I am. I'm lovesick."

 

"Oh god Nayeon just sleep."

 

"But I need to protect you from the ghosts..."

 

"You're the one who needs protecting. You literally screamed at the opening credits of the movie."

 

"No, I did not. I was just testing my vocal chords."

 

Mina snorts, "Whatever. But you need to get well soon. Sana's birthday is in a few weeks."

 

Nayeon hugs her tighter, slowly forgetting the horror movie playing on the tv right now. "Don't worry. I remember."

 

"I don't want you getting sick again, okay?" Mina caresses Nayeon's hair as the latter starts drifting to sleep.

 

"Hmm, I love you."

 

Mina hears her whisper before falling asleep in the middle of the movie. Mina caresses her head as she replied. "I love you too."

 

****

 

Rush hours, busy hours. Mina finds herself overtime once again. Doing rounds for the hospital.

 

They were sitting in the cafeteria of the place. Seulgi, Wendy, Jongdae, and Minseok seated around the circular table.

 

"I'm so tired..." Seulgi stretches her hands as wide as it could as she leans even more on her chair, almost in a lying position already as she puts her feet on Wendy's lap to which the latter slaps away.

 

"Hey, Mina! Momoring! Over here!" Jongdae shouts, almost swatting Minseok in the face.

 

The two walked to where their fellow doctors are, Mina greeting her friends as she hums, and Momo being loud as ever.

 

They all talked for a while, enjoying the momentary peace that formed. Throwing jokes here and there, teases, just them relaxing out of the rush that happened earlier.

 

"I have something to ask you about, Mina." Momo started, seeing the others almost asleep on the table.

 

"What?"

 

"Oh! Doc Myoui! We have an emergency!" One of the nurses said while running. Mina immediately stood up and rushed on her feet, leaving Momo alone at the table.

 

"Okay then," Momo shrugs. "The 'i love you' part can come later." She then stands up, following after Mina to assist.

 

****

 

"You look good." Mina says, looking at Nayeon who is closing the door behind her.

 

"So do you." She answers back, walking slowly towards Mina as she puts her arms in her waist. Mina, automatic as it is, surrounds her arms on the girl's neck.

 

Nayeon rested her chin on Mina's shoulder, engulfing each other in a warm hug.

 

"Can I not let go? I'm getting used to this already." Mina mutters, enjoying the feeling of Nayeon in her arms.

 

"You can't." Nayeon laughs. "Sana will sulk if her own sister will not attend her birthday."

 

"Pfft," Mina is unable to let go, only tightening the hug even more, almost strangling Nayeon already.

 

"Baby? I'm suffocating here, you know." Nayeon pats the space on Mina's back.

 

"I'll just go to Sana like this."

 

"No, we can't. Come on, Mina. We'll be late." Nayeon pulls the unmoving koala around her and drags her outside.

 

"I'll drive there like this."

 

"No."

 

"We'll get there like this."

 

"No."

 

"Ugh, okay fine. I'll let go."

 

 

****

 

Their house is filled with colorful decorations. Cutouts of her favorite characters. Cheery designs paste on the wall, with music that adds to the feel of the room. Mina and her mother were both busy attending to some guests. Some were Sana's classmates whom she invited. Some were her teachers.

 

Music were playing aloud and all of them were at the backyard, playing games around the garden. As the doorbell rings, Mina stood up to greet whoever it is in front.

 

"Hi," Chaeyoung smiles at her to which Mina replied as well. "Hello," said Mina.

 

"Come in." Mina moves to the side so she could enter. Chaeyoung looks around the place and hears the children at the back. "The place looks great."

 

Mina chuckles, "Well yeah. Took a while to get all those decos but it's for Sana so it's bearable."

 

"It must be." Chaeyoung answers, she fidgets with the handle of her gift, inside of some paper bag. "Mina, I want to sincerely apologize, you know."

 

She stops at her tracks, turning around to face Mina who is still by the door. "I've been too much to you before, I haven't really noticed what I've been doing."

 

Mina appreciates her sincere apology and all but, are they not over this a long time ago?

 

"Chaeng," Mina walks to her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We've been through this and it's fine. You realized your mistake and we all do. And you've been enjoying your place at U.S. with your... boyfriend?"

 

"No," Chaeyoung shakes her head, trying to contain the laughter that is about to erupt. "I don't have a boyfriend anymore, took too much of my time I just want to enjoy for now."

 

"Well, that describes you." Mina eyes the bag Chaeyoung is holding. "Sana is over there, and Momo is waiting for you. Good to have you back."

 

"Yeah, thanks." Chaeyoung hugged Mina, a friendly hug, a comfortable hug, a hug she no longer feels anything but comfort and warmth.

 

Mina smiles, finally whatever they had is sorted out, she smiles at nowhere until she sees something on the peak of her eyes.

 

Nayeon immediately hid to wherever is a good hiding spot after noticing Mina staring at her.

 

"Were you snooping?" Mina suddenly appeared behind her, looking like she just caught someone on the act. Nayeon jumped, looking like a deer caught in headlights as Mina's voice snapped her out in her daze.

 

"Wha... no? Why would I? I mean, what are you even talking about?" Nayeon turns over her direction as she completely left Mina back at the kitchen.

 

"Yah! Im Nayeon!"

 

"Can't hear you, the music's too loud!" Nayeon folded her ears, pretending she can't hear anything as she walks outside.

 

****

 

After cheers and cheers, all were gathered around as they wished Sana a happy birthday. Mina carrying her as she blew her birthday cake, making a wish, and then everyone applauding after that.

 

They even teased Sana who is visibly blushing as they asked what she wished for.

 

Birthday presents were given and of course, Sana was screaming from joy. Thanking everyone who attended. The children continued playing, eating, and all the things they do in a birthday party. Dahyun and Tzuyu, forcing Sana to dance Mr. Taxi in front of her visitors to which she put up a fight before being dragged and danced along with her friends.

 

Before they knew it, the party was soon over, being with Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Jisoo, Momo and Nayeon the only one left as they help arrange the place again.

 

"That was tiring," Jeongyeon loudly sat in her seat, shoulders immediately slumping as her back hits the wall.

 

"You guys must be tired. Why don't you stay over for dinner?" Mama Myoui said, wiping the table for the remaining scraps in there.

 

"That would be good!" Momo said in glee, eyes lighting up at the mention of the word 'dinner'.

 

Jisoo hits her arm as Momo only rolled her eyes at her. Jihyo laughing at their antics and becoming annoyed in the matter of seconds because of something Jeongyeon had said.

 

"So here's the little one." Said Nayeon as she pulls out a chair for Mina to sit who is carrying Sana as she smiles at her unnies.

 

"Did you enjoy the day?" Mina asked, looking with tenderness at her sister. Sana furiously nodded.

 

"I was more than happy, unnie. Thanks to you and mum for doing this. I love you both!" She shouted for her mother to hear, earning a chuckle from her mother and a bunch of lovely 'oohs' from her unnies.

 

"But what did you wish for, Sana?" Asked Jisoo.

 

Everyone looked at the little child in anticipation. Sana remained silent for a while, before smirking in Nayeon's direction.

 

"Miss Im, can I ask you a question?"

 

Nayeon albeit confused, nodded. "Of course. What is it?"

 

"Do you officially want to be my sister-in-law? You could say the answer to my sister. Bye!" Sana said in a rush before dashing off and running to her room.

 

Nayeon was remained speechless, still trying to process the situation. Mina is visibly blushing, still in disbelief, as she couldn't believe how her sister could do that recklessly.

 

"Did she just..." Momo started.

 

"Did your sister just..." Jisoo followed.

 

"Did Sana just..." Jeongyeon mutters.

 

"DID SANA JUST PROPOSE TO YOU IN BEHALF OF HER SISTER?" Jihyo finally finished the impending sentence as she took everyone aback.

 

Mina, still frozen in her spot was saved by her mother as she set the food down, and all started eating. Not forgetting the scene earlier but keeping mum for a bit.

 

"So," Jisoo grins, a tight smile on her lips. She coughs and then stretches her neck as if preparing to fight something.

 

"Mina, who said the 'I love you' first? Between you and Nayeon, huh?"

 

Nayeon intently stared at her food, trying to hide the red forming on her cheeks, remembering how that scene led to her almost burning her house down.

 

Mina smiles at her before turning her head at Jisoo, answering confidently. "It was Nayeon."

 

The said girl immediate lifts her head up, raising a brow at Mina. She continues anyways, this time staring straight at Nayeon. "She said it while she's asleep."

 

Nayeon blushed even more at the thought. I could never really keep my mouth shut do I?

 

"Darn it!" Jisoo screamed in defeat as everyone in the room laughs at her, Momo rejoicing in the background as the three laughs at them.

 

"Why do you always make bets about us, though?" Mina questions.

 

"Because you guys are my children. I'm the one who pushed you together so I—"

 

Momo butts in, "You? Excuse me? I've been trying to push them together even before you came."

 

"Yeah but you gave up and I did all the work."

 

"All the work?" Jeongyeon mutters, looking at them in disbelief, the laughter in her face long gone.

 

"Look at them arguing," Nayeon watches them in amusement, not noticing how Mina pulled her chair closer to her to hold her hand. She feels something warm swell in her chest and thinks that, this feels like a family.

 

"That wouldn't happen if you just talked to me." Mina glances at her, and Nayeon did the same.

 

"I did talk to you. You were just so oblivious about me doing all my chances and you're too stoic to notice. I was doing all the work," Nayeon argues.

 

"What? Excuse me. I've been trying to talk to you ever since I found you on that hospital trying to return your handkerchief. And I was doing all the work, you were always a blushing mess whenever I try talk to you."

 

"You were just really really intimidating at that time." Nayeon pouts and Mina, as much as she hates it, gives in.

 

"Damn it."

 

The dinner was surrounded by laughter and joy as they all continued to eat. Mama Myoui going up to check on Sana, Jisoo and Jeongyeon almost dozing off in the couch, and Jihyo and Momo grunting at their friends.

 

Mina is getting ready to wash the dishes when she felt a pair of arms surround her. Nayeon rested her cheek at the girl's shoulder, sighing as she gets used to this comfort.

 

"Are you tired, baby?" Mina teases, feeling her girlfriend pout at the term.

 

"No," Nayeon eventually kisses Mina's cheek. "I just can't believe that... we're at this point now."

 

"Well you better believe it." Mina turns around to face Nayeon. "Because I'm not planning to let you go until," Mina grins. "Forever."

 

"You know I love you, right?" Nayeon says, locking her arms behind Mina as she surrounds Nayeon's neck, pulling the bunny closer.

 

"Hmm, I do." She rests her forehead on Nayeon. And just as she is about to lean in for a kiss, Nayeon smiled so wide, she couldn't just let this slip away.

 

"No kisses," She teases, staring at Mina's lips, which is a bit ironic from what she just said. "Not until you admit you had a crush on me first."

 

"Wow," Mina said, "Definitely you are the one who is whipped for me first."

 

"Just admit it," Mina already feels Nayeon's breathing so close to her but every time she tries to lean she just backs away. "You couldn't deny my beauty that you just had to move to the clinic to see me every day."

 

Mina laughs at her in disbelief. She couldn't believe how she actually loves this human being, how this Im Nayeon that is full of confidence with herself is actually her girlfriend, but she doesn't complain though, she loves every bit of Nayeon.

 

Getting tired of playing this game with her, Mina snuck in a deep kiss on Nayeon, not even denying what she said.

 

She loves how when she kisses Nayeon, she still feels butterflies in her stomach every time, how she would feel her heart beat against her chest every time, how she feels nothing but Nayeon, how everything is in pure bliss when she's with her.

 

"But still," Mina pulls away, looking at a still close-eyed Nayeon. And Mina can't help but think how beautiful Nayeon is even if she's only breathing. How breathtaking she thinks.

 

Nayeon prepares herself for whatever defensive comment Mina is going to do to her this time. "You're the first to say I love you. So that's that."

 

Nayeon laughs, burying her face on the crook of Mina's neck as they stayed like that for a while. Their argument could come later, Nayeon thinks. They still have a whole lot of time together ahead.

 

 

THE END.