Acceptance.

It's Not the Real Me.

Chapter 2: Acceptance.

---

Yuri walked to the post office to post her letters to Rae Nin and Do Sun. She then hitched a cab to the railway station and boarded the train with her ticket.

Well, I’m on my own now.

Yuri found herself a window seat and glanced out of the window as the train started to pick up speed and head towards Busan.

She wasn’t looking at the beautiful sceneries.

She was crying.

Kwon Yuri, why are you crying? The new you don’t cry so easily. The new you will take on a new personality. That’s right, I’m not going to be like what I was in the past. I’m going to be a new me.

 

It was early morning by the time the train arrived at its destination. Little rays of the Sun peeped through the clouds, revealing a miasma of red and orange.

Yuri opened her eyelids heavily as she tried to figure out where she was.

Oh right, I left home.

Realization dawned upon her as she shook herself out of the saddening thoughts. She washed up, got her suitcase and found her way to her new home, her new school.

Chang Mal College.

---

Squinting at the miserable signboard, Yuri almost believed that she was still in a dream.

You have got to be kidding me.

What kind of a school is this?!

The rundown building was a perfect imitation of a rubbish dump that was left to rot for a thousand years.

Just that it wasn’t.

Yuri held onto a last glimmer of hope.

Perhaps, she was at the wrong place.

Yes, that’s the only explanation.

Her hope was dashed and shattered into a million pieces as she spotted the words ‘Chang Mal College’ written on a piece of what looked like a discarded cardboard in the sloppiest handwriting she had ever seen . Her heart dropped to her guts as she lugged her luggage into the school gate and looked for the administration office.

Yuri shrugged.

I’ll just have to accept this.

No wonder Mum was fussing about me going to Chang Mal.

As she entered the school, she was surprised that the hallways were quiet. She scanned fervently for the administration office when she saw a woman in her mid-forties, sitting at a table.

She should know where the office is.

 

Yuri went to her and asked.

“Excuse me, may I ask where the administration office is?”

“Administration Office? There’s no such room here.”

“No such room?! Then…then where do I go?”

“Well, I’m sorry but who are you?”

“I’m Kwon Yuri, a new student and I believe my father has registered me here.”

“Alright, I’ll check for you. I’m the lady who does such paperwork”

“Oh, so you’re the admin lady?”

“You may say so.”

“And you work at this table”

“That’s right.”

 

Yuri was speechless.

A table as an office.

How…uhm, creative.

Just then, the lady exclaimed as she read out loud from a piece of tattered paper.

 

“Ahh! Kwon Yuri from Seoul, that’s you right?”

“Yes, that’s me.”

“Alright, first and foremost, you do know that you’ll be living in a dorm here, right?”

 

Yuri bit her lip. She had never experienced living in a dorm. She had been, all along living in her own private room.

 

“Uh, right. It’s my first time but I can manage it.”

“Okay, then next, you will be sharing your dorm with another female student and her name is Lee Soon Kyu. She will be guiding you around the school and she is also your fellow classmate. This way, it’ll make things easier for the both of you.”

“Lee Soon Kyu. Alright, I’ll remember her name.”

“And…Oh. Your dad…he, wants you to pay for the school fees yourself…”

“…Yes. I’ll do that, don’t worry.”

“But are you sure you have the money?”

“I don’t, that’s for sure. But I promise, I’ll get a job to pay for my school fees and it won’t disrupt my school work.”

“That’s fine, but feel free to tell us if you can’t pay for the fees. We’ll help you.”

“Thanks”

 

And for once, Yuri was genuine and happy.

 

“Oh, by the way Yuri-shii?”

“Yes?”

“You may want to leave you baggage here and bring along your stationeries with you. You have to go for class now. I’ll bring your baggage to your dorm later on. Now I’ll show you the way to your first class.”

“That’s early. It’s only 7:15am now.”

“Class starts at 7am, it ain’t early.”

 

So that’s why the hallways were s quiet. Everyone was in class!

The lady rambled on as she led Yuri to her class.

 

“Breakfast is at 6:15am so you have to wake up early and prepare for class by 7am. I know it’s a major change from when you were in Seoul but still, rules still have to be adhered to. Don’t be late tomorrow morning, alright?”

“Okay, I’ll do my best. By the way, how do I address you?”

“You can call me Mrs Park and here, you’re at your classroom.”

---

(A/N) Still pretty much boring,ehh? Sorry, I'll try to introduce Nichkhun in the next chapter.

May sparks fly ;)

Tell me if my story's bad k?

Comment and Subscribe please! <3

-Tinylittlemoment :)