Chapter 18

Catching Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 18

 

3 days

That’s how long Taeyeon hasn’t seen Tiffany since that weekend they had. She has tried asking her out for lunch or dinner like what they usually do but the woman would reject her. Most of her messages are always unanswered and if Tiffany would reply she would only tell her that she’s busy and can’t really talk. Taeyeon gave her the space, thinking that since their line is about to get released soon, maybe Tiffany was hands on with everything at the office so she would just send her breakfast and lunch to at least make sure the woman’s eating properly despite her work load.

 

In the mean time, she’s kept herself busy at the studio and spending time with her returning housemate. She’s told her about Tiffany and the woman said that she’s excited to meet her.

 

Today she took Sunmi to an early lunch at a restaurant nearby, it’s one of her favorites because Tiffany took her there and she immediately loved the place. They were in the middle of their meal talking about Sunmi’s previous trip and how is it like going back to her office which the woman answered that she had definitely missed the tours.

 

“By the way, the food here is great! How did you find this place?” Sunmi comments, shoving another spoonful of pasta in .

 

Taeyeon grinned, “Tiffany took me here, it’s kind of like our favorite restaurant. I’m actually planning on getting take outs for her afterwards as her lunch.”

 

Sunmi chuckled, “So you’ve been delivering her food because she can’t eat with you? Why don’t you just eat in her office?”

 

“I don’t even see her even when I deliver her food. Her secretary takes it and delivers it to her because according to her, Tiffany didn’t want any interruptions when she’s busy.” Taeyeon frowned.

 

“Seems like your woman is one workaholic chic”

 

“That she is” Taeyeon chuckled. “That’s what makes her so hot.”

 

Sunmi laughed, throwing her head back. “Does Tiffany know that you’re a ert?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “I’m not a ert. There’s nothing erted with being attracted to an intelligent and driven woman.” She defended.

 

“Sure, I’ll pretend that you’re not”

 

“Hey! My thoughts are very decent when it comes to Fany okay.” She hissed but the grin on Sunmi’s face says that the woman doesn’t believe her.

 

The two of them kept bantering and laughing, until a certain customer came inside the restaurant and saw them being happy while chatting. Tiffany clenched her jaws with what she was witnessing, she hasn’t recovered from that night Taeyeon left in a hurry just to fetch that girl from the airport and now, she even took her to their favorite restaurant. She took a deep breath and her heels. She was about to walk away when she heard her name being called.

 

“FANY-AH!”

 

It was Taeyeon.

 

She just turned to look but left anyway without acknowledging the woman’s calling.

 

Taeyeon who was confused with Tiffany’s actions immediately stood up and ran after the woman but it seems like Tiffany was in a hurry because she was immediately gone. She was panting, hands on her knees on the side walk. Her eyes kept looking around but nothing. She was nowhere in sight. She returned to the restaurant and explained to Sunmi what happened which the latter understood.

 

“Maybe you were just mistaken?” Sunmi concernedly looked at her.

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “No, she saw me. She looked at me and I can never be mistaken. It was her.”

 

“Then why did she just ran off like that?”

 

“I don’t know? It actually feels like she’s been avoiding me but she says she’s just busy with work.”

 

“Why don’t you buy her lunch and drop it off at her office and try to see her? Talk to her? Maybe something’s wrong?”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head, “Sure, I’ll do that.” She mumbled calling the waiter and ordering a take out of Tiffany’s favorite dishes, they waited till it came and asked for the bill. After that, she sent Sunmi back to her office since the woman still have work and she headed to Tiffany’s office. She found Sohee on her desk, typing on her computer.

 

“Sohee” She called.

 

The woman looked up and smiled, “Miss Taeyeon, I assume you’re here to deliver lunch for Miss Tiffany?”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head. “Is she inside?”

 

“Yes, she’s not in a very good mood though and she doesn’t want to be disturbed.” Sohee frowned.

 

“Why? Did something happen?”

 

Sohee shrugged, “She went out a while ago to get food but she immediately came back with nothing on hand. Her mood hasn’t been okay the past few days to be honest. She always locks herself inside the office.”

 

Taeyeon frowned, “When did this start?”

 

“Since Monday. She’s been ice cold and back on her workaholic mode.” Sohee pouted, “I hope you don’t mind but did you two fight?”

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, “No, did she say something?”

 

The secretary shook her head, “Not really, but— since you two started going out she’s been bubbly so the only reason why she wouldn’t be now if you two had fought or something..” she mumbled.

 

“Okay, let me go see her inside. If something is wrong between then I’ll have to do something about it.”

 

“But Miss Tiffany doesn’t want to see anyone at the moment..”

 

“Please just make me an exception? If I can fix this then she could stop locking herself in there. Besides, I brought her favorite dishes, she’s probably hungry now too— so it’s an excuse, plus should she scold you, I will take full responsibility.” Taeyeon promised.

 

“Sigh.. fine.”

 

Taeyeon grinned, “Thanks! Here’s a sandwich, please eat well.” She said, placing a small paper bag on the secretary’s desk before making her way to Tiffany’s office.

 

She knocked gently on the door and waited for a response but she heard nothing so she just gently opened the door, head peeking first. She found Tiffany on her desk, reading something. “What is it Sohee?” The busy CEO asked without looking up.

 

Taeyeon took careful steps towards the woman and stopped in front of her desk, placing the paper bag with food on an empty spot. “I come bearing lunch” she announced. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, that wasn’t Sohee’s voice. So she looked up and saw Taeyeon smiling at her. “Hi” the midget greeted.

 

Tiffany’s shocked expression didn’t last long because it soon turned into a serious one, “What are you doing here? I thought I told Sohee that I don’t want to see anyone” she hissed.

 

“She did tell me but she also told me that someone’s been giving everyone a cold shoulder and is locking herself up in her office and avoiding a cute songwriter”

 

Tiffany scoffed, “So? That’s not a valid reason for you to come inside. It’s office hours.”

 

“No it’s not. It’s lunch time.” Taeyeon argued. “And I’m here to deliver your lunch”

 

“I’m not hungry” she stated, focusing back on her work. That didn’t stop Taeyeon though, because she walked towards the coffee table Tiffany have in her office next to the couch and carried it to the CEO’s side. Tiffany watched in amusement as Taeyeon unpacked the food laying everything on the coffee table. “What are you doing? I said I’m not hungry.”

 

“I got all of your favorites” Taeyeon grinned, she took a fork and twirled pasta on it, she neatly placed the fork of pasta in front of Tiffany’s mouth, “Open your mouth, you can keep working and I can feed you. That way, no time is wasted and you will be able to have your lunch.”

 

Tiffany shook her head, “I’m not hungry.”

 

Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter