Chapter 16

Catching Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 16

 

The careful sound of the door being unlocked filled the dark lit penthouse followed by the faint footsteps that can also be heard inside the hollowed space.Tiffany was tiptoeing her way to the staircase leading to her bedroom when the lamp from the living room . She hissed, closing her eyes, knowing she had just been caught sneaking in. “Look who we have here, Hwang Miyoung sneaking her way in. Do you know what time is it missy?” She can hear Jessica’s voice mocking her and she need not to know that the woman is sitting on the couch looking at her with her arms crossed against her chest showing off that knowing smirk. She slowly turned around, acting cool.

 

“I’m aware” Her voice raising a little higher with her chin up.

 

“You’re aware that it’s 2:58 a.m and you just got home. Good for you” Jessica teased. “Did you have fun on your date?”

 

Tiffany blushed, “IT WAS NOT A DATE!” She accidentally yelled.

 

That sent Jessica laughing, “Sure Tiff” she got up from her seat and walked towards the embarrassed woman. “You know I don’t get why you’re acting like a teenager caught by her parents when you’re old enough to do whatever you want.” She smirked at Tiffany. “I was just teasing you. Good night Miyoung.” She patted the woman’s shoulder and headed to her room.

 

Tiffany groaned, Jessica was right! Why was she acting like a love sick puppy? She continued her sulking as she made her way to her room when her phone beeped. She checked it out and her eyes glimmered when she saw Taeyeon’s name flashing on the screen.

 

From: Taeyeon

I just got home. I hope you got inside safely. Thank you for today. I had fun, good night Fany. ;*

 

She smiled and immediately typed a reply.

 

To: Taeyeon

Caught by Jessi but I got in safely. Thanks for the ride home and for the dinner and coffee. I had fun too. Good night Taetae

-xoxo

 

She locked her phone afterwards and started undressing herself, she needed that shower because today has been exhaustingly fun.

 

They didn’t do much, Taeyeon picked her up after her office hours ended and took her to a nice restaurant to have dinner, talking about anything and everything under the sun. Then the shorty drove them to some park only Taeyeon knows and walked around the area, talking about their day. Until she got tired and they decided to stay at a coffee shop nearby to rest and talk more. There were no physical skin ship or whatsoever, everything was just like how two platonic friends would hang out. The only reason they got home so late was because they lost track of time and only noticed how late it was when she looked around the area and found the shop empty and so were the streets. She gasped and looked at her watch to confirm that it was indeed way past their bed time so Taeyeon drove her to her place. Ever since that 'set-up' date they had, they've been spending most of their time together, catching up with the things they missed while being apart for 10 years.

 

“I guess her mere presence is all that I need to feel happy” she thought to herself with that satisfied smile on her face.

 

<||>

 

When morning came, Tiffany just arrived in her office with the usual reminders from her assistant who welcomed her the moment she stepped outside the elevator.

 

“... you also have a meeting with Miss Nam at 10:30 and Miss Jung is asking you to come to the studio for the beginning of the photoshoot after lunch.”

 

“Is that all for today?”

 

“Yes, that’s all for today Miss Hwang” the both of them stopped in front of Tiffany’s office door.

 

“Okay, you’re dismissed. Thank you Sohee” She smiled at the young woman who bowed in response, going back to her desk.

 

Tiffany entered her office and was surprised to see a paper bag on her desk with a pink sticky note attached to it. She approached it with an eyebrow raised, not sure who sent it.

 

A smile immediately spread on her face when she read the note and opened the paper bag which contained a cup of her regular coffee and a bagel.

 

To Miss Hwang,

Good Morning!

I’m sorry for barging in your office unannounced, I just want to make sure you have a proper breakfast. Got you your favorite coffee and favorite sandwich!! Don’t skip okay? :)

xo Taeyeon

P.S Please don’t yell at Sohee, I begged her to let me in. She’s innocent.

 

Tiffany laughed and can’t help but feel flattered. Even after all these years, Taeyeon had a way of making her feel special with her actions. She pulled out her phone and dialed the woman’s number who picked up after one ring.

 

‘Hello?’

 

Tiffany walked to her seat with a smile on her face. “Is this the person who barged into my office to deliver my breakfast?” She asked, taking a seat in her huge leather chair.

 

‘Guilty’

 

“Should I start calling the cops now? This is trespassing.” She joked.

 

‘I’m not sure that’s a good idea, I mean why would you want to arrest someone who only wants to take care of you?’

 

There was a blush on her cheeks and she knew it but she’s not gonna let Taeyeon know that, “Thank you but I can take care of myself” she pretended to deadpan.

 

‘I know, you’re a grown woman after all but I’m here when you’ve had a long and tiring day and too exhausted to even lift a finger. You’re gonna need me and I’ll be here’ says Taeyeon and Tiffany swear she melted right then and there.

 

“Where is all this cheesiness coming from Kim Taeyeon? Lack of sleep?” She chuckled.

 

‘Hey! I had a very good sleep okay. I’m just being honest here.’

 

She smirked, “Funny how much confidence you have talking like this over the phone but still fidget in person”

 

‘If I was bold in person you’ll be the one fidgeting and blushing.’ Taeyeon answered back.

 

That silenced Tiffany.

 

‘You’re blushing now aren’t you?’ Taeyeon’s teasing was evident on her voice.

 

“I-I’m not!” Tiffany stuttered.

 

‘Sure you’re not’ The teasing voice led on.

 

“Shut up Taeyeon!” The CEO hissed, she can hear Taeyeon laughing from the other line causing her to break into a smile. She love the sound of Taeyeon’s laughter, it has always been so contagious.

 

'Fine, I’ll stop.' The laughter died. 'What’s your itinerary for today?'

 

Tiffany pondered, “I have paper work first, then a meeting at 10:30. I’m not sure what time it will end but knowing Miss Nam, she’ll take us to lunch. So I can’t have lunch with you today— and I have to be at the studio after lunch.”

 

‘Oh the shoot’s starting today? I thought it won’t be for another month?’

 

“Yeah, Yuri work fast. She’s gotten everything ready. I think she’s also excited for this. She’s been hanging out with Jess a lot the past month so I think they’ve settled everything. Even Yuri’s current projects were finished immediately.”

 

‘That’s fishy, never thought Yuri could fast forward her work. She must be very excited for this project.’

 

“Seems like it” She giggled. She heard a knock on her door and found her assistant peeking.

 

“Excuse me Miss Hwang, these came for you” said Sohee, showing her an envelope.

 

Tiffany signaled her assistant to leave it on her desk. “Hey Tae, can I call you later. I have work to do”

 

‘Oh right, sorry. Talk to you later. Bye’

 

“Sure, bye Tae.” She mumbled before pocketing her phone. She saw Sohee grinning at her, “What’s with that creepy grin?” She questioned.

 

“I always thought you’ll be bringing over an american man candy to this office not a cute hot bachelorette.” Sohee stated.

 

Tiffany blushed, lowering her head trying to hide it. “She’s just a friend” she tried to act cool but knows that her assistant probably don’t buy it.

 

Sohee chuckled, “I’ve been working for you since you and miss Jung started this business, I’ve seen how passionate you are with your job to the point where you’ve made it your life’s priority but ever since you came back from that party two months ago, you were different. Happier and livelier and it’s a good thing, at your age, you should actually be settling down and getting married. Miss Taeyeon’s presence in your life has made a positive impact on you.” The CEO went silent and only been staring at her assistant. “No one’s gonna judge you here Miss Hwang, we all want you to be happy and that’s exactly what you are now. Everyone knows and they all feel the same way I do. We all support you whether you fall in love with a man or a woman. You’ll always be the CEO who has looked after us and treated us well.”

 

Tiffany didn’t know what to say but she can feel tears forming in her eyes. She clenched her jaws to prevent them from falling, smiling to mask her tears. “Thank you Sohee. I really appreciate it but I am serious, Taeyeon and I, were just f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter