Chapter 8.

That One Blinding Moment
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jung Jessica

 

“That .” Jessica spat the words spontaneously after hearing my story about Jiyong.

“Turn down the volume, Jessi-ah. We’re inside his turf right now.”

 

Jessica was paying me a visit in my office two days after our apartment fiasco. I was grateful to Hayeon for making Jessica busy with her assignment at that day, so she didn’t have a time to confront me about my problem with Jiyong. But today, luck wasn’t sticking on my side. Hayeon was not exist here in my office when Jessica finished her work that located not too far from my office. She came to my office with a bunch of take away food and a hundred percent promise to dig under my closet. Had no one as a bait to distract her, I ended up telling her the whole story about me and Jiyong.

 

When I said she’ll blow the whole building off with her anger, I wasn’t kidding. Her eyes turned cold with curses decorated her sentences.

 

“I’m going to hunt him down.” She said.

“NO! Please, he’s still my boss. I’m going to be kick out from this company if you do that.”

“Why are you frightening? You are THE Kim Taeyeon. Many companies want your service. All you have to do is pointing your finger to one of them and they’ll bring you a contract that worth millions won.” Jessica said nonchalantly. “It’s not a big deal.”

“You’re exaggerating.” I chuckled.

“Look, I’m serious. If this dude can’t even respect you as a woman, then how will he respect your achievement as a worker?”

 

With those words, she’d checkmated me. Suddenly, flashes of my relation with Jiyong came through my mind. The main things that occupied my memories were his beautiful soft hazel eyes. His unbothered gaze even from the first time us met, to his appreciated gaze every time I reported about my take-overs, back to his cold gaze every time we discussed about Monsant, and the most that imprinted in my memory was those intense eyes during Minho’s birthday party.

 

 

Damn even I’d remembered those ice-melting gaze in my dream.

 

 

He was a jerk but as a normal female, Jiyong still looked appealing to me. He was the epitome of charming minus his ugly appraisal towards women. Devilishly handsome with those amazing hazel orbs, strong jaw, deep y voice, beautiful smile and brilliant mind. He knew how to deal amazingly with the elder and coolly with his colleagues and juniors. He carried aura that intimidating, but if you can break those surfaces, you’ll see the warmer side of him.

 

The side that he occasionally showed to a few people. Unfortunately, none to me.

It wasn’t like I’m being desperate to taste that side of him, but the way he interacted with his little nephew had melted my heart and triggered some weird feeling within me. It was like you saw a pair of pretty shoes on other woman’s feet. You really like it, yet you couldn’t have it.

 

Well, okay I might be a slightly desperate.

 

 

“Mind inside this room, please.” My reverie crashed upon hearing Jessica’s amused tone.

“I did listen to your blab.”

“But I didn’t even blab.” She smirked, while I gulped, “so stop saying that you’re listening because for a good minute, all I noticed was your wandering eyes.”

 

 

Checkmated two.

 

 

“I’m just mentally checking my itinerary for Jeju trip.” I shrugged my shoulder, relying onto my self-control to make my jittery in check.

“Itinerary my . You were presumably mentally imagining about that jerk.”

“Debatable.” I replied curtly, busying myself with some unimportant folder on my laptop.

 

What a pathetic little , Taeyeon. I mentally cursed myself.

 

“Whatever.” Jessica rolled her eyes, taking the last bite of her sixth gyoza. “Where does he live?”

“Who? Jiyong?” her question catch my attention back. Jessica raised her eyebrows as a respond. “I don’t know. Haven’t stalk him yet.” I joked.

“Why haven’t you done that? You’re ruining my intention.”

“What intention?” I asked, feeling confuse.

“To beat him down during his way home. I’m sure if his car got hit by a truck, we can mask it as an accident.” Jessica’s smirk bloomed on her lips when she caught my horror expression.

“You’re really a brutal woman, aren’t you?”

 

If I said that she can make it happens, again, it wasn’t a joke. Because she was born in the middle of influential politician family as the only daughter and the Kwon clans was nothing compared to Jessica’s family. Only by those facts, I’d knew it wouldn’t be hard for Jessica to make it happen.

 

“Don’t do anything stupid towards him, Jess. Really, I warn you.” My gaze locked hers, amusement clearly dancing on her brown eyes.

“Don’t worry, Taeyeon-ah. I won’t do something extreme like that.” She assured me. But I wasn’t a fool to believe her malicious smile. “I’ll just scratch his car a little. White Bentley continental, right?”

“Jessica!”

 

 

And our laughter boomed from inside my office through all the corridor. It was a good thing that Jiyong’s office placed few floors above.

 

~***~

 

INSULT

 

I was a typical hopeless romantic person, but one thing I’d never dreamed was a constant good thing that will always took place. Being involved in business industry had placed the reasonable and realistic fiber within my existence, and to believe that happily ever after exist was something I’d get over with. Every part of our life was about balance, the same amount of positive and negative signs. Like, even if you bought a pretty dress, there were possibilities of someone else wearing the same design. Well, except when you bought dresses from those big fashion weeks, straight from the runway. In that case, the negative thing would be about the price tag.

 

So when I got Jess as my lunch partner, with all her witty remarks and laughter as a constant sound from my office room, I’ve known the worst was yet to come.

 

It exploded at the evening, when I was double checking everything at the end of my work hour, came with one email that sent from my secretary.

 

 

Jiyong was really ditching me in Jeju project.

 

 

It was said, due to conflicted schedule, Mr. Kwon Jiyong can’t accompany Ms. Kim Taeyeon for Monsant project’s supervision. Mr. Kwon Jiyong is delegating the duty to Mr. Choi Hyun Sik as a Senior Associate to Ms. Kim Taeyeon. Mr. Kwon Jiyong is deeply apologize for the unfortunate event.

 

Apologize my . The only conflicted schedule he had was the movie premiere with his date. He even chose Mr. Choi Hyun Sik, which a junior manager in Operation division and assisted him as a senior associate for me, a senior marketing manager. I never doubt Mr. Choi’s ability, he was a good man with good work ethic. I valued the way his mind working but nevertheless, it felt more like insult to me.

 

 

I was fuming with anger. It was something that so childish, so immature and irresponsible for someone that destined to take the throne and expand this company further.

 

The hell with him. I would definitely slay the meeting even without his assistance and he would root in hell.

 

I don’t care.

 

~***~

 

OVERREACTING

 

“What’s new? We both know the jerk is bound to be a jerk eventually.” Jess’s voice was boring. It was like I told her that Channel possessed the most elegance out of all high-end brands. It was futile and rhetorical.

“It feels like, he was rubbing the insult right on my face by broadcasting his refusal through email to all people. Even to his dad!”

“What insult?”

“Refused to fulfil

Please log in to read the full chapter