Chapter 4.

That One Blinding Moment
Please log in to read the full chapter

THE LEE

 

The issues that happened with our project in Brunei got into my nerve badly. It wasn’t because they’re so hard to handle, but their visionary mind was no kidding. So many ‘what if’ questions regarding problems that may occur during the construction in the future, questions that I had to agree was important to the project’s viability. It was a relief that Seunghyun hyung came with me because they also asked so many questions about the field and operation. Although I could handle them by myself, but they knew I didn’t have any authority for that. With Seunghyun’s presence as the COO, they could feel more at ease. After all, they spent great amount of money to our project, so it was reasonable with their cautious demeanor.

 

It took three days to settle things in Brunei and I had to board immediately to Japan to discuss some matter with our other contractor. Journey to Brunei was the unexpected one. The worst thing from all was I had to push my other schedule back and took my use-to-be free time for this business journey. Sometimes, I hate my own life.

 

But after finally got the long awaited free day, supposedly all quiet and peaceful inside my penthouse, another disturbance came in the middle of my afternoon nap. If only I hadn’t regard these people as my family, I would ask the security guard to kick them out as soon as they stepped on my apartment complex.

 

 

“Hyung! It’s been a while since I saw you in the office!”

The ever so loud Lee Seungri hugged me as soon as I opened the door for them.

“You ! Don’t be so loud. Jiyong oppa must be really tired. Look at his eye bags!”

Lee Chaerin, Seungri’s sister scolded him, a model and fashion designer. She was the most independence woman I had ever seen. Her bold and brave personality didn’t really match with her soft looks, even so with her cute eye smile. That was why she opted to doll up her face with bold make-up to emphasize more of her true self. Thick eyeliner, deep shade of eyeshadows, and fake eyelashes. For me, Lee Chaerin was an interesting, gorgeous woman, no doubt about that.

 

But no, we never involved in any romantic relationship. I only saw her as my beloved little sister, replacing a position of one person that used to mean the world to me but now left me only with her memories. Chaerin’s personality reminded me of her. I thought it for a while and realized that it’s just my way to cope up with my loss. Chaerin knew about that and wasn’t mind at all.

 

The one that involved romantically with me, or at least they said so, was the woman who stood beside Chaerin, all smiling and blushing with a box of take away pizza in her hand.

 

 

“How are you doing Jiyong-ah?”

The ever so graceful actress Park Dara, Seungri and Chaerin’s step sister, greeted me with her sweet smile. She was a goddess in our entertainment industry with bunches of commercials and films within her career. Despite her older age than the two sibling, even me, she looked incredibly young and lovely.

 

The sibling was the one who started the relationship between me and Dara. They trapped us on the blind date few years ago and surprisingly, we clicked with each other. She knew how to understand me and coped up with my attitude. She was also very sweet and lovable, a great cook, and a soft-spoken woman. If you want, I could go on and on with the list of this woman’s goodness. But it didn’t mean that I love her, though.

 

To be honest, I’ve never met a woman who make me feel in love. Made me lost my ability to breath, created a dizziness every time I stare at her eyes, or any other excitement that blasted within me.

 

 

 

No one, even Dara.

 

 

 

But she was a good catch, definitely a great future wife, and if I have to marry her,

Why not?

 

 

Seungri’s strangle on my neck pulled me out from my own thought. I chuckled at his antics before gave him the same gesture. Probably with more power on it.

 

 

“Yah Hyung! Do you want to kill me?”

He struggled to release himself from my hold.

“You asked for this, dongsaeng.”

I laughed before release him and greeted the other ladies, pulled them inside my embrace. Dara’s cheek turned redder if that even possible.

“I’ve never see you in the office for almost a week already. Where have you been? I thought you’re resigning yourself.”

Seungri took a seat beside me while the ladies prepared the pizzas and the beers in the kitchen.

“Business deals and stuffs. That old man would never let me sleep in peace before I finish them.”

I referred to my father which feeling escalated to the news of our joint-venture with one of Brunei’s sheikh company. It was a huge deal, I’ve to agree with that.

“But you always did great, didn’t you? I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about.”

Dara’s kind words brought a small smile on my lips. She handed me the beer while Chaerin placed the mouthwatering pizza on the table in front of us.

“And how about the preparation for SFW next month, girl? Your label do participate, right?”

I asked Chaerin who sipped on her beer before grinning to me.

“Of course! My show will be held on the second day. Oppa you have to come. I’ll send you the invitation when it’s ready.”

“I will definitely come.”                                       

“Speaking of that, hyung will you come to Dara unnie’s new movie premiere?”

Seungri asked me. Feeling surprise, I brought my gaze to Dara who was smiling shyly.

“Whoa, congratulation! I don’t know that you worked in a new movie.”

“I actually told you a month ago, Jiyong-ah. When we’re having dinner with Seunghyun oppa, Chaerin and Sooyoung. You must’ve been forgotten.”

“You did?”

I asked her, forehead creasing as I tried to recall any sign of the said conversation on the back on my head and well, I found nothing. I caught Chaerin rolling her eyes, probably to my forgetful act.

 

“Yeah well, it doesn’t matter anymore. Do you want to go to my premiere?”

Dara asked me, still smiling while her eyes screamed hope and plea. I really didn’t have a heart to say no. silently sighing, I finally nodded my head and smiled.

“Oh! I will send you the invitation then. Thank you so much for agreeing.”

She shrieked happily. Chaerin’s chuckle followed her excited response before moving her gaze towards mine.

 

“I need to use bathroom. Jiyong, do you mind?”

Dara asked me first before went to the bathroom after I nodded my head.

 

Her departure were following by Seungri who received a phone call. I managed to hear a feminine voice through the device before he stood up, seeking for more privacy. I grinned to him to let him now that I would definitely after this. Which he only responded by a sheepish smile on his lips.

 

 

“You don’t have to go if you don’t want to, oppa.”

My head snapped towards Chaerin direction. She has this strange gaze that seemed piercing deep through your mind.

“I do want to go, Chaerin-ah. What are you talking about?”

 

Honestly, I was taken a back with her words because honestly, unwillingly, I had to agree. The deepest part of myself didn’t want to continue the charade between me and Dara. I tricked her and my own self about our current condition. We were not in love, particularly, I WAS NOT in love with her. My heart was screaming wrong words for keeping her hope high like this. I had to ignore that feeling again and again because I know, for somebody like me, Dara was the most

Please log in to read the full chapter