Chapter 3.

That One Blinding Moment
Please log in to read the full chapter

Samsung Electronics. Ltd.

 

Being in a cliffhanger position was never easy. It feels too risky to move forward yet you waste your time if stay still.

 

 

Sigh.

 

 

That was exactly my condition with the whole Samsung deal. Kwon Building, Ltd. planned to build a hotel complex in Busan. As a project head, I wanted Samsung electronics to manage all the electrical needs and electronic equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, air cons, everything that a hotel room needs. It wasn’t our first collaboration but with their Chief’s imprisonment, it detained me to seal the deal. It has been six months since I gave them the proposal and two months from our latest meeting but nothing was set between us.

 

My father has been scolding me for this, but I didn’t want any company aside from Samsung. Being the biggest chaebol company in South Korea, even the whole world was worth with their work ethic. I didn’t mind paying more as long as the job done in a perfect way.

 

My business proposal for Samsung was a masterpiece. Even my father admitted that. I was so proud of it and really wanted to accomplish until our last step, making them sign the contract. But really, the hurricane that ruined them hard also made an impact to us.

 

 

Sigh.

 

 

I already prepared Samsung proposal last night. Review it before placed them inside the red map. Today I have to give that to Taeyeon, just like what my father want. It was hard thing to do because my pride embedded in each word of that proposal. But my father words were also right. I’m a businessman. If they were stubborn then I have to be adamant. To eat or to be eaten, that was the only choice I had.

 

A half of my office made from enormous glass that showed the whole Seoul city. It helped me to ease my stress because of work. Oftentimes, I got lost in my own thought that made me lost track of time. It was really beautiful. Especially when the night came and the sheen of the city lamps came alive.

 

I was facing the glass, observing the busy city when soft knocks pulled me out from my own thought. As I turned my head toward the door, Kim Taeyeon’s head peeked in. she seemed surprise when her eyes met with mine. Automatically, I glanced at my Rolex.

 

 

8.50 a.m.

This lady was sure has a good time management.

 

 

 

“Good morning Mr. Kwon. You came early today.”

 

Taeyeon said while walking towards my table. Instead of saying a words, I observed her. My gaze planted on her, drinking her appearances and moves. From her flowy black lock to flawless face. She seemed to notice what I am doing because her walk became clumsier when she reached my table.

 

“I want to discuss something with you.”

I turned my body towards my table then reached the red map on it.

“But Mr. Kwon, here is the report regarding Monsant de Aewol cottage that you asked yesterday.”

She handed me the blue map. Regardless, I saw some anxiety forming on her face. Like she was hiding something and I was sure that has something to do with this blue map in my hand.

 

 

Still with my impassive look, I opened the map and read the content.

Well well… my guess was true.

 

 

“I’m sure I had given you clear command regarding the previous owner being on our advisory board.”

I brought my heated gaze on hers. Again she seemed aware of my turmoil but she chose a different reaction.

 

She didn’t look nervous but challenging. Her eyes were unwavering and bravely hold onto mine as well. I have to salute her determination if we were in different circumstance. But in my business,

ing no.

 

 

“I still want to keep him. He can be helpful to us.”

“As far as I knew, Miss Kim, I’m the boss here.”

I accentuated the word boss to her. This woman needed a reminder or maybe an anchor to bring her high-self down to earth.

“But I claimed the cottage by myself, which I’m sure it makes me lead the project.”

“I’ll take it over from you.”

I said nonchalantly before threw the blue map on my side desk.

 

Taeyeon’s mouth gaped open. If you thought I didn’t know what’s going to happen after this, you were so wrong. Package of rants will surely came from this emotional creature in front of me.

 

 

“You can’t do that to me!”

Taeyeon said those words in anger. Almost shouting.

 

 

 

See? I was right.

 

 

 

“Miss Kim, I’m living this business world longer than you. I’ve seen so many dirty laundry the businessman did for the sake of their own benefit.”

I tried to count from one to ten to ease my nerve. The last thing I want to do was snapping my anger freely towards her. Business people called me The Dragon and it wasn’t for no reason. I was heartless and cruel, I got rid everyone that crossed their way with me, and I was sure she will give me her resignation letter if she had a taste of my complete anger. Father won’t like that.

 

“But I have a good feeling towards this and I believe that.”

She stubbornly answered me. Upon hearing her answer, I chuckled darkly.

 

 

 

A what? Feeling?

 

 

 

“We’re not talking about personal romance, Miss Kim. I don’t give a damn if it just involving yourself. But we are talking about the whole company, with hundreds of employees depending on this company’s stability. I won’t gamble their life just for merely a feeling. Don’t ever judge someone just by their façade. It can bite you behind your back.”

I emphasized every words so it can embedded on her brain so she could get rid her emotional hormone and started using her smart brain.

“I refuse.”

Her eyes still hold mine. Something flickered on those beautiful brown eyes. I rolled my eyes at my subconscious when it started to think they’re mesmerizing.

“I don’t care.”

I answered her with my bored tone.

“You can’t act like a caveman! You know, there’s something called as discussion.”

She looked furious. Although I tried to suppress my amusement after hearing her words. A caveman? That was new even for me. I wasn’t that rough, though.

 

Except when I’m on the bed, of course.

 

“Then what are you thinking we’re doing now, Miss Kim? Flirting?”

I asked with a hint of amusement on it. Taeyeon opened , tried to say something but nothing came out from those luscious lips.

 

“That’s my final decision then. Besides, I have another task for you.”

I shifted my gaze to the red map, pushing it in front of her. I knew she still piss off but I don’t have all day long to argue with her.

 

When she still didn’t say a wo

Please log in to read the full chapter